Chapter 6: Bop to the Top (To the Top Indeed!)

High School Musical (Seventeen Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HELLO AGAIN READERS AND HELLOOOOO CHAPTER 6~~~

Okay, so that leave two more chapters till this HSM ends. Yes, I'll definitely start on HSM 2 and 3 but I have decided to first launch my second idea, the Seventeen x OCs one. Don't worry, stories and more stories will eventually come and I hope everyone will enjoy. Also, I apologize for the terribly long wait because my university assignments are piling up and I keep dozing off after I get back home.

Anyway, without further ado, let's get straight on to chapter 6~~

Seungcheol and Jeonghan, struggling to walk due to Seungcheol's bike giving up on him halfway, arrive back to Pledis Class-Seventeen's dorm drenched from head to toe from the pouring rain, but happy and content with each other's company. Before they could even enter the dorm, the eleven other boys pour out of the place to greet the two in raincoats with umbrellas, warm towels and two warm flasks of chicken soup that Mingyu made, leading the eldest two to the little cafe below their dorm to warm up and dry themselves, which the both of them are grateful for. Woozi has his hands crossed on his chest as he watches the boys fuss over their hyungs.

 

"I can't believe you, Seungcheol-hyung." the short boy sighs. "You normally come back in half an hour after visiting that place. What took you and Jeonghan-hyung so long, huh?"

 

"Jeonghan...." the basketball captain speaks, wrapping the towel close to himself. "Is now-- OW! Mingyu-ah! Easy on the hair!"

 

"Officially yours?" Mingyu grins, drying Seungcheol's raven hair a little more gently. "We've been waiting for that to happen since day one, hyung. And Jihoon-hyung told us about everything about your theater phobia and dorm roommate thing so yeah... Sorry to hear about your past, though."

 

"Yeah..." Wonwoo speaks up, opening a flask of soup for Seungcheol. "But it's good you got together with Jeonghan-hyung, though. Have some soup, it's fresh from the pot. Mingyu tried this new recipe and it's great."

 

"It's really touching that you both confessed and all." Joshua says, carefully drying Jeonghan's blonde locks with another plush towel with Seungkwan. "But geez! It's worrisome that you two are out late, especially in this kind of strong weather. You could get sick, you know!" Jeonghan only chuckles in amusement, taking a sip of soup from the flask.

 

"You worry too much, Father Hong." the blonde smiles as he teasingly uses one of Joshua's many church-related nicknames, in which the latter doesn't mind, sighing in content at the delightful taste of the soup. "And this is more than just great! You should cook more often instead of the school cafeteria sometimes sending half-cooked food to us, Mingyu. Seriously!"

 

The whole group laughs and agrees on that. After a few more minutes of chatting and a short karaoke session conducted by BooSoonSeok in the cafe, the boys take their slightly dry but still wet hyungs back to the dorm to get comfortable, take a warm bath, change into dry comfortable PJs and hit the sheets.

After a round of cards and chatting, both Seungcheol and Jeonghan relax on Seungcheol's bed together with the latter leaning against the basketball captain's chest. In each other's arms, both boys find comfort and warmth as the rain continues to pour outside. Running his fingers down Jeonghan's now dry and smooth hair, Seungcheol nuzzles it, causing Jeonghan to giggle softly and smile.

 

"Yah, Cheol-ah. You like my hair that much?" Jeonghan Seungcheol's free hand gently. Seungcheol just continues his ministrations as a grin made its way to his plump lips.

 

"Ever since the day we met, Jeonghan. I've always wanted to touch and feel it." the basketball captain sighs almost dreamily, lifting up some of the silky locks before planting a soft kiss on them. "Your hair is absolutely gorgeous, baby. Not only that, though. Every single part of you is adorable, inside and out. Even when you're plotting evil schemes to prank anyone or making sarcastic remarks in class."

 

"You're a real sweet talker, aren't you?" Jeonghan chuckles as Seungcheol starts peppering his face with kisses. The blonde turns around to cup his friend turned lover's cheeks, gently running his fingers down the chiseled jawline. "If I'm absolutely gorgeous, then you're drop-dead beautiful. Geez, your smile does all kinds of things to me, y'know! Pulling at my heartstrings and making me a real mess inside, Cheol. It's a crime to look at me with those pretty eyes!"

 

"Well aren't you a sweet talker too?" Seungcheol laughs as he wraps his arms around Jeonghan's shoulders. "If looking at you is a crime, I would have been in jail a long time ago, Gorgeous."

 

The two relax in each other's warmth quietly as they stare at one another. Jeonghan purses his lips a little, thinking back on Seungcheol's confession earlier at the flower field and the song that was once in Doyoon's possession. The blonde's heart still swells with happiness at the unforgettable moment, but he cannot help but feel unsure about singing the song together with Seungcheol as the lyrics were written with such passion and undying love. Doyoon had poured his heart into each and every word until the very end for Seungcheol and trusted him to find a significant other who loves Seungcheol the way he used to love Doyoon. And out of all people, Seungcheol chose him, Yoon Jeonghan, whom he only met minutes before New Year.

 

"Are you sure you want me to sing the song with you...?" Jeonghan asks softly. "It's beautiful and touching and... It's a precious gift from Doyoon to you. Are you sure I can pull it off?" Seungcheol just smiles and brings out the song from his drawer.

 

"Only one way to find out, Hannie. Wanna try it out?"

 

Jeonghan stares at the song in Seungcheol's hands. Hesitating a little, the blonde agrees to Seungcheol's suggestion, making himself comfortable on his lap. The basketball captain brings the lyrics over for Jeonghan to see, starting to hum the tune produced by the ever so talented Lee Jihoon, the melody that he has been humming for years since that fateful day.

 

[do nopi, nara, daeul su omneun haneure byoreul ttara]

 

There it is again, the voice that contrasts with Seungcheol's usual husky tone when he speaks and raps. The velvetly smooth and rich voice, while still deep, sings the first line of the song. Jeonghan immediately falls in love with it again just as he did on the New Year's Eve party. Seungcheol turns to Jeonghan, giving him a smile of encouragement as he urges him to sing. Jeonghan smiles back, finally convinced that Seungcheol really wants him to be his and only his. Despite not knowing the tune to the song, the blonde feels the melody naturally coming to him, just like the first time he and Seungcheol sang together under the starry sky of New Year's Eve.

 

[onjen ganeun, daeul su itjyo]

 

Seungcheol's heart flutters, blooming with affection and love. There is something different about Jeonghan's voice that sparked that feeling that made the basketball captain fall hopelessly in love with the beautiful boy unlike all the times he had heard him sing during music classes or even during the auditions the day before. The unique flow to Jeonghan's voice... Where did it come from? Suddenly, realization hit him. Of course, where else could it be besides the New Year's Eve party, where the angel first descended upon him. Seungcheol snaps out of his thoughts, turning back to the blonde in front of him. Exchanging smiles with each other, the two continue.

 

[se sangeun ihe mothedo, maeumi hyang haneun goseuro gayo 

sesangi uri sai reul, gareuryo hedo, oh~]

 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan grow more and more immersed with each other's voices, and they both know it. Lyrics full of meaning are exchanged, gazes of pure affection are shared and peace, relaxation and comfort overcome their bodies and minds alike. As the two are about to sing the next line together, a loud thud and shouts sounded from what seems to be the door of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter