Chapter 3: What I've Been Looking For (Have I?)

High School Musical (Seventeen Edition)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AYO PEOPLE I'M BACK SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT AND SEVENTEEN'S COMEBACK WAS SO FREAKING LIT OMG I CAN'T EVEN AND ALSO JEON WONWOW IS BACK--

So yeah, on to the next order of business, which is Jeonghan meeting the rest of the gang and what not. But it doesn't stop here~ Don't we all love surprises? Changing bits and pieces of the original story is actually kinda fun, it's AJU NICE.

......

Okay, I'll stop. On to the story~~

 

Jeonghan is unable to bring himself to trust his eyes, as they fall on the boy he met and sang with at the New Year's Eve party. The butterflies in his stomach rise again, his heart thumping hard against his chest. Just as he thought that they would never cross paths again after that meaningful duet, they did. The blonde feels all of the class' gazes on him, but none has pierced deeper than those of the familiar black-haired boy sitting near the back of the class, Choi Seungcheol. Still taken aback by surprise, Jeonghan mindlessly nods as the teacher tells him to take an empty seat by the window, which is also beside Seungcheol's seat, much to his relief because he doesn't know anybody else aside from him.

 

Shakily taking out his notepad and pencil case, Jeonghan feels something slip under his elbow. He turns to see a little folded yellow note, picking it up before taking a look beside him. Seungcheol smiles awkwardly at the boy, nodding at him as he gestures him to read the note. Turning back to the said note, Jeonghan flips it open to read it, breaking into a small smile at the words written on it, feeling his worries and uneasiness fading away.

 

[Welcome to Pledis, Class-Seventeen! Still remember me? (*≧∀≦*)]

 

Chuckling softly at the welcome message and cute emoticon, Jeonghan took out a pen and wrote a reply before slipping the note back on Seungcheol's desk. Seungcheol immediately picked the note up to read the reply. The basketball captain grins charmingly, causing Jeonghan to turn away bashfully.

 

[Hey~ :3 I didn't think I'd see you here, Seungcheol. This is a great coincidence~]

 

Seungcheol chuckles, turning to the pretty boy beside him. He quickly writes a reply below Jeonghan's, placing the piece of paper again on his desk. Feeling the note under his elbow again, Jeonghan quickly read it, starting from the top. The boy can't help but smile at the message, feeling a lot better than when he stepped into the class.

 

[After class, I'll introduce you to my gang. They're really nice guys! We can go show you around the school too :D]

 

Jeonghan turns back to Seungcheol, who is anxiously waiting for Jeonghan's reply as he drums his desk lightly. The blonde leans in to give Seungcheol a light tap on the shoulder. Seungcheol looks up only to see Jeonghan nod and smile brightly at the suggestion before turning back to the front. The basketball captain feels a wide smile tug at his lips, still unable to believe that his singing partner at the party actually came as a transfer student to this school. A warm fuzzy feeling envelopes Seungcheol's heart as he thinks about introducing Jeonghan to his eleven dorky best friends and his cousin. Seungcheol got so deep into his thoughts that he didn't notice a piece of chalk flying at nearly 100 km/h towards him, hitting him square in the forehead.

 

"For the fifth time, Choi Seungcheol-sshi" the teacher speaks sternly but with no malice, holding another piece of chalk in his hand. "Will you share your story of your vacation with the class? Refrain yourself from staring at Yoon Jeonghan-sshi and pay attention." The basketball captain winces at the intensity of the hit, his face red with embarrassment as his classmates start snickering at his reaction, Vernon and Mingyu's merciless snorts sounding among them, those bastards.

 

For some reason, Seungcheol's eyes move to Jeonghan. The blonde-haired boy has a hand cupping his mouth, laughing softly, that attractive laugh, at the basketball captain. Jeonghan notices the gaze, taking away his hand before mouthing a 'sorry' with a sheepish smile on his face. Seungcheol groans internally, getting up from his chair to walk to the front and talk about his basketball practice-filled vacation.

 

"This is one interesting morning..." Seungcheol thinks, rubbing the red sore spot on his forehead.

Time passes agonizingly slowly as the students work on drama class and scripts, considering that the annual school festival is coming up in autumn along with the decathlon team showdown and all of the classes are working hard on performances and dramas to make it a success. Nevertheless, the class ends after a good three hours with the school bell ringing for lunch break, much to the students' relief. Seungcheol managed to reserve a full table at the cafeteria for the gang, which they find unusual because they rarely do so because they usually sit in small groups or as couples and also the tables are usally occupied by the seniors, who happen to want to sit somewhere else today.

 

One by one, the students of Pledis Class-Seventeen take their seats at the said table with their trays of lunch. All are present save for the one who invited them, Seungcheol. Wonwoo, Mingyu and Vernon exchange glances with each other, wondering what is taking their leader so long as the others busy themselves with their food.

 

"What's taking Coups hyung so long?" Mingyu picks at the dried tomatoes on his pasta, feeding them to Wonwoo, who wholeheartedly eats. Vernon shrugs as he digs into his Hawaiian chicken pizza. The tallest turns to Seungcheol's young cousin, Damin, who is busy doting on Dino. The girl seems to read Mingyu's mind as she responses.


"The last time I saw Cheolie oppa was fifteen minutes ago." Damin says, pouting her lips a bit as Dino seat playfully snakes an arm around her waist. "I think the new student was with him too. They seem to know each other well."

 

"Oh yeeeeeeah~" Soonyoung commented, giggling as Seokmin attacks him with sudden kisses. "He's really good-looking, though. Any girl would kill for that luscious hair, including Daminnie--"

 

"Oh, shut it, Hosh oppa." Damin retorts, smacking Soonyoung's arm. "But I gotta admit, he's one of the most attractive boys I've ever seen aside from you guys, especially Channie~" Dino, nearly squealing at the compliment, pulls Damin closer. "Noona's the best~" Soonyoung rolls his eyes at the sight while Seungkwan makes one of his famous faces of disapproval of cuteness. It then hit Mingyu as he remembered getting a full view of Seungcheol's phone earlier before class started. Again, Wonwoo shoots a silent glare at his playful boyfriend, clearly knowing what is going on in that mischievous mind of his. 

 

Before Mingyu could say anything, the man of the meeting finally shows up... with Pledis Class-Seventeen's new student, Jeonghan. Capturing the whole table's attention, the others look up and stare in awe at him, for the shining beauty standing before them is no lie. Seungcheol takes his seat at one of the two empty spots, gesturing the other boy to sit, which he did. Mingyu takes the chance to poke Seungcheol teasingly, in which backfires with the basketball captain stepping on his foot. Jeonghan smiles shyly at the group, tucking a stray hair behind his ear.

 

"This, Jeonghan, is my circle of best friends." Seungcheol introduces the gang, turning to them. "We do separate into smaller groups when we go to other classes. But we're always together, so you won't feel so awkward during your first few weeks." Seungcheol flicks Mingyu's forehead rather hard. "Start the intro as usual, you big oaf and be nice to Jeonghan, you guys. He's your hyung." 

 

"Says the one who went gaga over our new friend and got bull's eyed with chalk." Mingyu pouts mockingly, rubbing the sore spot on his forehead. The tallest turns to Jeonghan and grins at him, revealing his little fangs among his pearly whites.

 

"The name's Kim Mingyu." Mingyu introduces himself. "Pledis Class-Seventeen's most handsome basketball player and the school's visual dream tree--"

 

"More like an obnoxious visual lamp post." Vernon snorts, earning a pinch from Joshua, who shakes his head in disapproval. Mingyu glares a little at the younger boy.

 

"So yeah, did you and Coups hyung meet somewhere?" Mingyu asks Jeonghan, who blinks at the nickname.

 

"Yeah, we kinda met at a New Year's Eve party." Jeonghan says, turning his head to Seungcheol. "Does everyone call you that? 'Coups', I mean." Seungcheol laughs a bit.

 

"I made that name myself." Seungcheol explains. "It's S.Coups. 'S' for Seungcheol or Seventeen, and 'Coups' comes from coups d'etat. Seungcheol or Coups, call me whichever you want." Jeonghan chuckle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter