Chapter 3

Double Agent

Nausea and pain was swimming in Sera’s head. Shifting herself against the barrier, Hyuna towered over her becoming even more impatient. She wasn’t kidding about the training process.

 

“Come on, get up.” Hyuna ticked offering her a hand.

 

Still Sera was breathless after struggling to knock Hyuna out of her feet after the nth time. It was practically impossible to catch her off guard. She rejected the request of her hand and got up herself feeling more uneasy.

 

“You’re looking a bit worn out don’t you think?” She teased attempting to pinch her cheek until Sera swatted away her hand.

 

“One more round. This time I’m sure I’ll beat you.” Sera firmly tightened her grip holding her arms up.

 

Hyuna nodded accepting the challenge. She lunged her hand forward aiming at Sera’s face. Despite her first move, Sera deflected the punch. Backing away from the younger girl, she waited her first move testing her patience. 

 

Sera dodged forward trying to avoid any punches being thrown at her. Swinging her arm in multiple attempts to hit Hyuna, her aching muscles screamed to take a break. There were a few punches that got to her, but it didn’t stop Hyuna from retreating. The top agent’s hand found its way to firmly grip on to Sera’s wrist, she quickly whipped Sera’s arm around her back pushing her down to the floor. Leaning her weight against the rookie, she felt cold sweat soak through the back of her top.

 

“You’re tough. Nice try though, maybe next time?” Hyuna taunted.

-

A soft knock interrupted Kyungri’s provisions for an upcoming mission. Groaning at the surprised visit she wheeled away from her desk. Turning the knob of her door she cracked the door open enough to get a peek.

 

“Sera?” Kyungri whispered. “Y-you look exhausted.” She stuttered, with her wandering eyes aimed through Sera’s bruises.

 

When Sera opened to say something she was stopped by Kyungri’s disappointed tone.

 

“But now is a bad time. The boss could come in at any time to check my progress.” Kyungri heaved a sigh.

 

“Please come to my dorm after work?” Sera said quickly.

 

“I’ll try.”

-

Sera returned to her dorm. After a couple of hours waiting for Kyungri to arrive, Sera didn’t have anything better to do. Training was only for four hours. No missions were called to action. She could have started packing up to go back to her apartment. Instead she laid on her bed for a while relaxing her strained muscles. After a brief moment of deciding what to do she heard a soft knock at her door.

 

“Kyungri” Sera fully swung the door open.

 

“No I’m not Miss Park.” Hyuna entered the room without any hesitation. Why do you call her that anyways?” Hyuna studied Sera’s expression flicker after she saw her face.

 

Great. The person I want to avoid has shown up… in my own dorm. Slowly Sera backed herself to the center of the small room.

 

“You’re not allowed to be here. Visits aren’t allowed in dorms after work.” Sera stammered crossing her arms.

 

“And you’re expecting the director of technology to come here? Besides those are trainee rules, I’m welcome here anytime.” She took a step closer. Noticing a shift in Sera's demeanor as she began to close the space between them. Sera wasn’t looking at her anymore.

 

“What do you want?” Sera rolled her eyes taking a seat on her bed.

 

“You seemed annoyed with me I wanted to know what’s up?” She responded following her position.

 

“Nothing. Now you can go.” Sera’s back was resting against the mattress turning her body to the wall.

 

Hearing the footsteps echoing from the hallway, Hyuna hovered her body over Sera’s. The sudden move made Sera inhaled her breath. Her surprised expression made Hyuna smile, it was entertaining to see her like this.

 

Kyungri peeked her head through the door. Questioning why the door was open in the first place. She called Sera’s name out only finding the agents in their own world.

 

“I guess this appointment is cancelled.”

 

Sera tried to push Hyuna away from her. Propping herself up to see a glance of Kyungri, all she gave was a wink and said her goodbye.

 

"Wait!" Sera groaned and slumped back her head into the pillow.

 

“Tell me. What’s on your mind? I know that you go visit Miss Park… to talk.” Hyuna slowly finished her last sentence. Her hands were placed next to Sera’s head, her chest was low enough to feel the rising and falling of her chest.

 

The sensation of her breath made goosebumps appear on Sera’s skin. While hoping Kyungri didn’t tell any conversation revolving the topic about her, she closed her eyes for a brief moment. While enjoying the closeness, it gave her mixed emotions of how she felt about Hyuna. She’s full of surprises. Opening her eyes to see that she’s still in her position, she analyzed her perfectly shaped almond eyes wheeled her in her own seduction.

 

“You’re stubborn. You do what you want to until you get it, huh? I’m not saying anything.” Sera said placing her hands up while averting her eyes away from Hyuna.

 

“We’re partners we should trust each other.” Hyuna’s fingers danced across her skin even coming across the bruises she made earlier. Her touch felt hot against hers, sending sharp prickles through her spine.

 

“I confess you drive me insane in and out of practice.”

 

It was true, the evidence was laid out from the moment they met. Hyuna chuckled recalling all little details of Sera’s nervousness whenever she appeared.

 

“Now a serious question for you… Why did you work alone? Why don’t you have a partner?” Sera’s gaze was piercing through Hyuna. Since Sera was chosen to be her partner, the question pondered over her head repeatedly. She is too good to have one and she might as well work better alone.

 

“I used too. Until she played me and the whole agency.” Hyuna lifted her body while moving away from Sera repositioning herself to sit up right.

 

As Hyuna described her former partner, she began to recollect the memories she had buried deep inside. Heaving a big sigh, her mind scrolled back a few years ago from when they entered Star Empire. Both of them had the wishes of becoming the greatest. However, with their smart and powerful skills the missions began to suspiciously fail even though they were doing all the right things. After a couple missions have passed the boss began to question their roles to the agency. The duos trust faded leading into a dirty competition to complete the task at hand. When Hyuna caught her ex-partner leaking information to their rivals Sniper Inc. she couldn't keep shut. From that day Hyuna confronted the boss proving to him that her partner was a mole who lead the missions to failure.

 

“The boss kicked her and arrested her for violating the rules.”

 

“I’m so sorry… At least she finally was caught. Who knows what could have happened.” Sera comforted her bringing the palm of her hand firmly against Hyuna’s back making small circles. She heard about what Sniper Inc. did a few years ago. It could have caused danger to the entire country.

 

A few moments of silence have passed. The clock on Sera’s desk was ticking. The atmosphere began to become more awkward and uncomfortable. Hyuna didn’t want to add anything about the subject. The upbringing of the past was already tragic.

 

“Is that’s why you want to know more about me? I have no secrets to hide from you.” Sera confirmed with a soft voice. She leaned forward to see the girl’s face brushing aside the long bangs with her delicate fingers that hid what she wanted to see.

 

“Is that really true?” Hyuna said as her lips began to form a thin line. Her head turned slightly noticing the sincere expression. She concentrated on Sera’s pupils to see if they dilated. She’s telling the truth.

 

“Cross my heart.” Sera’s fingers hovered her chest making a x mark.