Chapter 1

Double Agent

The new trainees were uniformed in a straight line when the alarm buzzed signaling the last five minutes of the activity for today. Each individual passed multiple of exams to get through this agency. Settling a high mark of competition that will soon split them into different sections of Star Empire Corporation. Some may work with inventing new gadgets, programming new software, or working side by side with the top agents. There are two ranks which brings the student to level A or level B class.

 

Uneasiness enveloped Sera’s mind whenever she entered through the grueling practices from dusk till dawn. She was blinded from her talents she didn’t know she had inside. Some students even questioned her presence, since Sera displayed vulnerability and insecurity during drills. However, when the tests began Sera showed a permanent impression to the directors and top agents. The sudden drive and passion she had fearlessly showed throughout many different areas such as combat, weaponry and hacking skills. She became a leader, but everyone tossed aside her words.

 

It was complicated making friendly relations with other newly found students of this corporation. Luckily, Sera did make a friend with an attractive young lady who is the director of their technology institute, Miss Park Kyungri.

 

“So how’s everything? I heard you guys will be split into teams to meet up with your coach tomorrow.” Kyungri spun her chair dramatically as her eyes were roaming around Sera’s tired yet puzzled expression. She adjusted her glasses thinking of herself as a therapist.

 

Ever since Sera stepped foot into this building her atmosphere was heightened with massive pressure that dwelled her mind repeatedly. “It is going okay, I guess.” She sighed taking a slight pause before she continued to fill Kyungri on the preparations of the final phase before the directors confirm the permanent roles of the new trainees.

-

The moment the door of the training area shut behind Sera, she stood against the wall with her assigned coach. In front of her stood a woman wearing tight black clothing that complimented her lengthy legs and curves. Distracted by her compelling charms, Sera was amused by the older girl’s beauty. Listening to her was already awarding, the way she spoke was modulating, but there was an underlying sultriness to her voice, at least that’s what she thought.

 

Hyuna’s eyes quickly examined the new apprentices faces. They were numbers to her, none of them mattered until their role was called. Each and every one of them were fixated on her own movements. Good, they are paying attention. Averting her eyes from one corner to the next she was quickly drawn back a student who seemed close to be blocked by the cloudiness of thought. “Do you all understand?” her voice grew louder. Most of the student’s posture began to stiffen. The students chorused a yes. Observing on one particular girl, she knew her mind was in a daze, because of the delay of her response.

 

Hearing the clacking of heels pressed against the hard floor grew louder towards Sera’s direction. Her eyes settled a figure who was coming closer to her.

 

“Repeat what I stated.” Hyuna commanded gawking at the girl who is not much smaller than her.

 

She recognized her from watching tests. Her complexity can not match anyone else’s, but if this unfocused business continues her scores will deflate.

 

“Do you all understand?”

 

Some trainees surrounded the two chuckled.

 

Avoiding eye contact as Hyuna came closer, Sera tried to fixate her eyes on anything. As irritated as Hyuna was for the reply she walked back to the center of the room. “Do you all understand?” She dismissively waved her hand around mocking her tone.

 

After that Sera was picked to be the punching bag.

 

-

 

Hours later after the embarrassment that flooded Sera’s mind throughout the entire drill, she decided to test her aiming skills. Completely exhausted from being an example of being KO-ed to the ground by other students, she wanted to set her mind aside the physical exercises.

 

Entering vacant firing area, Sera got a hold of a gun to begin her rounds.

 

“You’re nervous.”

 

A voice came from behind. Sera whipped around immediately bringing the pistol aimed at Hyuna. I thought I was alone.

 

“Careful, you could’ve shot me in the chest.” The other girl brought her hand against the barrel pushing the weapon towards the field.

 

Feeling sorry for a slight second she said a quick apology and turns herself around focusing on the targets. Sera knew she heard a familiar voice. Almost regretting what she mistakenly had done, she tries to shift her attention on hitting the center. She doesn’t have time for a chat, the final phase is less than three days away, there was no need to waste time.

 

A scoff escaped Hyuna’s lips. She cocked her head peeking at Sera’s brows furrowing in frustration.

 

In attempt, Sera tried not to be so distracted by the striking company. She felt her eyes on her. It was the same feeling earlier, she made her nervous.

 

“Why are you here?” Hyuna asked.

 

“To get extra practice.” Sera’s head didn’t move.

 

Unsuccessfully trying to get her attention, Hyuna bought herself to analyze her structure. She needs to stiffen her arms and to stop flinching.

 

“Look if you’re trying make me feel bad for looking like a fool earlier you’re wasting your time. I already feel stupid. ” Sera breathed relaxing her shoulders taking a short break to reload. Still Sera couldn’t shake out the sense of humiliation from earlier today.

 

“I’m not. I was concerned since you looked lost earlier, Perhaps if you don’t mind asking why were you unfocused?” Tilting her head to the side Hyuna plastered a smirk. “Training is important. Listening to orders is important.” She declared with a stern tone.

 

Sera didn’t answer instead she fired more bullets. None of them were hitting the bullseye.

 

“You need stronger arms. Don’t close your eyes.” Hyuna pointed her errors.

 

Without warning, Hyuna’s arms toppled onto hers, she had a firm placement of where she wanted to direct her. Sera already felt her arms uncomfortably yet satisfyingly weigh her down.

Securing her hand on top of hers, the older girl's fingers made its own way to guide Sera's. Hyuna's chest was slightly pressed against her back, her lips close enough that if either of them made one motion Sera’s ear would be caressed against her.

 

The room temperature wasn’t that warm. Sera began feeling flushed each second Hyuna kept holding her.

 

“Make sure your arms are steady. Don’t flinch when you pull the trigger. Smoothly put fast pressure so it is easier to hit it in the right spot.” She elaborated.

 

Sera laughed nervously for the ual innuendo.

 

“You try.” Hyuna released her and stepped back observing the pupil.

 

Immediately the warmth that filled Sera was no longer existing. She repeated the procedures Hyuna gave her. Repositioning her index finger lined up with the barrel, she took a shot. The gunfire echoed the room, leaving a hole perfectly in the center.

 

“See you got it Sera.” Hyuna crept a smile.

 

“How did you know my name?” Sera asked turning around to face her.

 

“I happen to watch you during your previous stimulation. You have real talent, but be careful of not work yourself up when the final day comes, okay?” Hyuna stared at her for a brief moment. She’s the perfect person for the job. She began to walk towards the door leaving her alone.

 

A grin appears on Sera’s face. Considering how she treated her earlier, she began to notice how considerate she was. It may not be presented in the kindest way, however Hyuna wanted her to focus on what was important.