Chapter 2 : Two Very Talented Friends

Entablado

 

Seungcheol is quietly listening music to a certain place in the university where people are practising their songs or dance choreographies. It was always used by the glee club, band club, dance club etc. 

Since the first time he entered the university, he dreamed of using it. But he was always ended up joining a sports club. He has a body and he was always been an athletic type of person that's why sitting here is already a dream come true for him.

Even though he's always been confident about himself, growing up with two very talented friends Soonyoung and Jihoon makes him stop believing that he can perform someday. He tried singing. Although he isn't a tone deaf, hearing Jihoon always made him shy about his voice. He tried dancing too and actually he isn't bad at all but watching how confident Soonyoung while dancing made him think that it wasn't enough that he only knows dancing to perform in a larger scale of audiences.

The warmness coming from the floor of the practice room makes him excited about everything. It was three years since he kept dreaming about practising here. This time he set aside the feeling that Soonyoung and Jihoon are always more talented than him. It isn't important anymore. This is all about him and his dream.

Those three years were not easy for Seungcheol. He kept on practising his singing and dancing but there's something lacking. He was always confident about his appearance but his singing and dancing ability were so much lacking and he didn't want to be just a face in the idol industry.

Before, he felt that life was so unfair. He used to practice singing every minute of his life that he almost can't talk properly because his voice is damaged. He almost can't feel his legs because of too much dancing. And yet Soonyoung and Jihoon can dance and sing respectively without even trying. Their talents were naturally a gift.

Until he realized that maybe there's something special to him that he didn't know. From that moment, he stopped envying his friends and tried his best more. 

Both Soonyoung and Jihoon never knew what Seungcheol was thinking about their talents. Seungcheol chose to kept it as to himself only.

It was always been a total sadness in Seungcheol's mind that he kept on competing because he only wanted to be a performer that everyone loves. He didn't want this to be a competition between him and his friends but he can't stop from thinking that way.

He always has this confidence when his friends were watching him as if he was the best people on earth. But it was always been a fake face just to make his friends believe that he wasn't envious of the two. Although he was always been proud of the two.

When Soonyoung danced in front of him he gave his best cheer just to tell the latter that the dance was awesome even though his mind was hoping that he wanted to dance so well like him. When Jihoon gave him a memory card filled with songs, he immediately calls the latter and tells him that it was the best songs he heard in his life even though there was a small thought that he is envious. He can't even produce his own song.

He smiles when a piece of paper fell from his pocket. He wrote a poem last night. If there's something that Seungcheol is really confident of aside from his face, that was his capability to write a poem. It was only a poem before but when he met this certain Hansol in the internet. He learned to rap. 

Hansol has been a friend of his when he was trying to find his own strength during the years when he felt so unfair about his talents. Hansol was an active netizen and Seungcheol wasn't sure anymore how he talk to the younger and made friend eventually.

And from that moment he stopped competing, he tried to do what is his strength and tried more to improve it. He fell in love with hiphop. 

He holds the mic tightly and plays a certain hiphop beat. He started doing a move that is so hiphop-ish and started practising his rap with the poem he wrote last night.

He gently rests his back towards the mirror and gets his bottle of water to drink. He looks at the glass door and he stares at it. He is waiting for his two friends to come. Although he isn't sure if the two will come and tell him that they want to be an idol; he is hoping for it. 

He believes that the two are very talented. If there's someone to know that well, that is always him. 

He smiles when Soonyoung opens the door.

"There is no harm in trying" Soonyoung said while closing the door carefully, "so yeah, I'm willing to be a school idol with you, Seungcheol."

Seungcheol jumps and hugs Soonyoung tightly. "This will be your best decision in life, trust me Soonyoung."

Soonyoung tries to push Seungcheol but this athletic guy won't let him go, "Seungcheol-hyung! Are you going to kill me!"

"Oops, I'm sorry. I just can't handle my happiness."

When they decided to sit down, the door opens again and this time it is Jihoon. Seungcheol quickly stands up and hugs Jihoon. Soonyoung stands up too and when he tries to open his arm for a hug he becomes hesitant. The image of Jihoon and him kissing is back to his mind.

Jihoon started to blush when he saw Soonyoung is trying to hug him. He looks at the floor just to avoid both Seungcheol and Soonyoung's eyes.

"Is there something I didn't know about you two?" Seungcheol asked.

"Of course not!" Soonyoung defended. He quickly hugs Jihoon just to prove that there's nothing wrong or there's something they didn't tell Seungcheol.

"I'm glad that we both choose this path" Soonyoung whisperd to Jihoon.

Both Soonyoung and Jihoon feel this some kind of weird happening inside them. It was like they were going to explode because of the so much emotions. They aren't sure if they are happy because of their decisions or they are happy because of this hug.

"Okay okay! Let's get started!" Seungcheol said while clapping his hands.

So, Seungcheol decided to discuss everything he planned. Soonyoung and Jihoon thought that the three of them will be a group with a three members only. But Seungcheol wanted to be a larger group. He wanted to have more members and to achieve that he prepares a poster for their bulletin that they are open for an audition.

"I don't think it will be enough" Jihoon said.

Jihoon's point is that there are many students tried to be a school idol but their school failed to have one. He is sure that like him and Soonyoung, even though they love their craft they both didn't want to try it because they were both scared that it maybe a fail attempt too.

"That was only my first plan" Seungcheol said, "and that's why you two will help me to think on how we get more members."

If they think about it, they have everything in their group. They have a rapper, a dancer, a singer, composer and a choreographer but it feels that they have lacking of something.

"I know we are all talented but do you think it is enough?" Soonyoung asked, "To get people's attention, we need to have a godly visual in our team."

"But I'm handsome, Jihoon is cute and you are funny!" Seungcheol said.

"I will pretend that I didn't hear the you are handsome part but the I am funny part makes me want to punch you in your perfect face, you narcissist!" Soonyoung said while pouting his lips.

Jihoon laughs at both, "Kidding aside guys, I think Soonyoung is right. Okay let's say that you are handsome hyung but we need not just a face of that. We need a guy that is very popular because of his face."

They are all thinking so hard when the door opens again. The three of them look at the tall-super-handsome-guy entered. The guy seems like notice that all the people inside is looking at him without saying anything.

"I'm just here to get some stuff, continue what your doing" the guy said and gets all those boxes he needs.

He left the three in silence. 

The three look at each other. 

"Who's that?" Seungcheol asked.

"That is Kim Mingyu, he is in my batch" Jihoon answered, "and to be honest he is very popular."

"Do you think we have thinking the same thing, guys?" Soonyoung asked while playing his brows.

Seungcheol smirks and he rests his arms on his friends' shoulders, "I think we have our own godly visual in the team".

The two smiles at Seungcheol agreeing on what the older is saying.

"...we have now, Kim Mingyu".