Because.

Because.

Woohyun is Sunggyu's best friend. And Sunggyu is Woohyun's best friend. It's been established ever since they first met in preschool when they were barely four, where Woohyun, young and innocent, had offered to share his crayons with Sunggyu. If you know Sunggyu, you know Woohyun. And if you know Woohyun, you know Sunggyu. It is simple and straightforward like that, almost as if it were a basic rule.

There's something about Nam Woohyun, something that makes Sunggyu want to do things he should never do, things he shouldn't even be thinking about in the first place.

Sunggyu thinks it might have to do with Woohyun's smile.

Woohyun has the kind of smile that could light up the world; the kind of smile that catches and subsequently breaks a million hearts, without him even intending it to. When Woohyun smiles and his eyes almost disappear (rather like Sunggyu's own, but just a lot more breathtaking, a lot more beautiful), Sunggyu thinks it's blinding but he can never look away.

Or maybe it's Woohyun's voice.

Woohyun sings, has been singing ever since he was five and naturally, Sunggyu was the first to hear him (it has been more than fifteen years since but Sunggyu has yet to be able to hear the same girl group song and not have flashbacks that leave him gasping for breath on the floor and a laughter-induced stomachache).

Woohyun's voice is like Woohyun; indescribable. Woohyun's voice brings forward waves and waves of different emotions. Whenever Woohyun sings, Sunggyu feels like he's getting hit by continuous tsunami attacks but he can never stop listening.

Or perhaps it's Woohyun's apparent penchant for skinship.

Woohyun likes to touch. It's one of the first things you would notice about him. Sunggyu is half convinced (would be completely convinced if he hadn't crossed paths with a particular Kim Jonghyun before) that Woohyun is the record holder for being the most skinship-initiative person in South Korea. Because whenever Woohyun finds the opportunity to, Woohyun clings and Sunggyu is more often than not the victim, willing or otherwise.

Sunggyu and Woohyun have held hands, have shared hugs, have had their arms draped around each others shoulders, have fallen asleep on one another. They are like brothers except that they aren't. Sunggyu thinks, knows he's selfish but he can't help but want more.

There's something about Woohyun and Sunggyu cannot, for the life of him, figure out what exactly it is that makes him feel the way he feels, that makes him want to do what he wants to do.

But when Woohyun kisses him one night, right on the lips and under the stars, Sunggyu thinks that maybe it doesn't matter, maybe he doesn't need to have reasons. After all, love isn't meant to be logical.

 

Author's Note; I ship Woogyu to death, I swear. <3