Chapter 3

Jimin and Andréa

Jimin

                  He let her sit next to him on the way home. She sat there quietly, arms, legs, hands and feet to herself. Even though they were sitting at a distance, he noticed the subtle scent of roses, probably a perfume she was wearing. It was calming and alluring, something similar to what his mum used to wear.

                  She was quiet, looking down at her hands the whole bus ride, probably thinking of how to get away from everyone around her.

                  To Jimin’s surprise, the new girl got off the bus at a different stop to the one she got on this morning. He wondered, ‘Does she not remember where she got on this morning?’ then he realised that he was questioning things about the new girl, which was a bad idea. Things never end well for new students at this school, or the people around them and this new girl probably wasn’t going to be an exception.

 

Andréa

                  Andréa thanked god and herself for getting off the bus 3 stops earlier. She couldn’t stand (or sit) being around those people; were they even people? Of all the people she’s encountered in her life, they were probably the most unwelcoming group of students. The numerous schools she’s attended she’s been able to make at least 2 friends, but this was a totally different situation. What kind of school was He sending her to? Was this another form of boot camp he was planning?

                  When she finally arrived at the house, she recognised the scent of seaweed soup. It was odd since people only have it on their birthdays, and her birthday wasn’t until next year nor was it His.

                  “You’re finally home.” He said in relief, “I thought you got lost.”

                  “What? From the bus stop?” Andréa asked sarcastically, “I know you think I’m a but I’m not that stupid.”

                  All he could do was sigh, “I’m taking it that it wasn’t a good first day?”

                  She just looked at him with a blank face.

                  He rubbed the back of his neck and hesitated to speak, “I… uh made seaweed soup, if you’re hungry.”

                  “Why? It’s not my birthday and you know that I only ever have Ellen’s seaweed soup.” She said with a poker face, but she could feel the tears starting to well at the thought of her mother.

                  Without a second to spare, she walked out of the hallway and into her new room. It had only been 2 days since they moved in, so her room was all boxes and bags, not that she had many of them.

                  She changed into a black t-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants and sat on her bed. Browsing the room she looked for which area to start unpacking first.

 

Jimin

                  Hoseok and the rest of them got off at the same stop and Yoongi  turned around to Jimin, “Coming?” he simply asked.

                  “Not today” Jimin replied with a small smile, “Taking care of my brother tonight.”

                  Yoongi gave a small nod of acknowledgment and continued his way off the bus.

                  The people who sat in the last two rows of the bus (all the ‘bros’ and the ‘cool gals’) would make their way to Taehyung’s garage just about everyday after school and did who knows what. Jimin hadn’t been over in about a week. The other guys thought it was suspicious but tried to understand if his excuse was looking after his little brother. They had a certain respect for him because they all thought Jimin’s father was terrifying to talk to.

                  Jimin lay on his bed listening to Taeyang songs and emptying his mind. He did this just about everyday, but today he couldn’t seem to clear his head. It kept falling back to the new girl. He was starting to become aware that there was a chance that he was attracted to her. She was beautiful by any visual standard no one could deny that, but there was something else that was drawing him into her. Maybe it was the way she kept calm while the other girls were hollering at her or maybe it was the way she smelled or maybe it was something Jimin hadn’t even noticed yet. But it was annoying Jimin that he couldn’t get her out of his mind.