Chapter 3

Can't You Hear the Music?

 

I decided to practice with Jungkook first since he seemed to be the lesser of the two evils,

"Serenity, are you ready?"

"Yeah, give me a minute. I need to finish stretching."

Jungkook nodded his head and got the CD player set up. We decided that we were going to practice the song 'Some' because it allowed us to really show off our vocals. Our main focus was going to be vocals because we both thought that by having hard choreographies, we wouldn't be able to sing as well because we would both be out of breath and not able to sing properly. Plus the whole point of this project was to stand out from our fellow peers.

"Are you done stretching yet? Were not even going to be moving around that much so there really is no point."

"k."

"Did you just 'k' me?"

"Yeah, so what if I did? What are you going to do about it?"

Jungkook smirked for a moment with a devious glint in his eyes before shaking his head and turning back towards the CD player. I just smirked in satisfaction.

"Soo... Serenity, since we're going to be working together can I call you by your real name?"

I thought about it for a moment before I decided to say no,

"Only people who are close to me can call me by my real name. Last time I checked you were just a temporary partner. Maybe if I chose you in the end, you can call me In Hee. Deal?"

"I don't see why I have to wait when you and I both know that I'm going to win in the end. Nobody is able to resist my body. I bet I'll have you begging for me to call you In Hee in no time."

"I don't know. With that kind of attitude, Taehyung is looking better and better. Plus you already have one strike against you."

Jungkook looked puzzled,

"What? Why?"

"When you ditched Jimin. Jimin is my best friend and you just abandoned him to be partnered with me. It shows your unloyal which isn't a great trait to have in a partnership. You're lucky I am even giving you a chance right now. I was seriously considering not even giving you a chance and just straight up partnering with Taehyung."

"Why didn't you then?"

"To be honest, I'm still not sure why myself. Jimin really wants you to be his partner. He told me that he wants me to pick Taehyung, but for some weird reason I really wanted to give you a try. Which reminds me. Please don't tell Jimin that we're working together. I want to tell him when the time is right."

 

-- Jungkook's POV Prior to Practice --

"So, what you're saying is that you want to make a bet over that girl, Serenity?"

V questioned with a confused facial expression lingering on his face.

"Yeah. Whoever she picks as her partner wins."

"Wins what?"

"Hmm. Well if I win get to dye your hair whatever color I want or something stupid."

"I don't know man, it feels wrong. I don't want to hurt her, she seems nice."

"Woah, calm down. It isn't like we're playing with her heart. We're just two dudes having a little fun. This school is so boring, let's spice things up a bit. Think about it. Plus when have you ever cared about anyone before? Why are you starting to now?"

"I guess you're right. In that case, if I win then I dare you to hold up your hand police-officer style, and say, 'Look, I know what you're going to ask me, and, NO. For the last time, I will NOT go out with you!' any time someone of the opposite tries to talk to you"

"Yeah, sure, if that's what you really want, deal."

Then I put my hand out and waited for Taehyung to shake it. The whole ordeal felt professional in a way, almost as if we were making some form of business deal that we both knew could go south at any given moment yet both of us still decided to go through with it.

I smirked,

"Just a heads up, Kim, you're going down."

 

-- 3rd Person POV//Back to Practice --

"Yah In Hee!"

"Didn't I say you're not allowed to call me In Hee? Only my friends can call me that. Call me Serenity."

"Whatever Serenity. Back to what I was saying before you interrupted me with your nonsense, our voices go so well with each other. Maybe instead of debuting in different groups like almost every other artist in this industry, we should debut as a duet. I'm sure we could sell out arenas in no time with our chemistry."

Serenity laughed,

"Wow, I didn't know you had a sense of humor. You're really funny! Why would I want to see you everyday for the rest of my life or at least the next decade? It's bad enough having to spend this much time with you already and now you want me to do this daily? Nah, I'm okay. Thanks."

"Come on babe, stop lying to yourself. We both know that you like me. I mean it's pretty obvious. Didn't your parents ever tell you that when a person is mean to you but still chooses to be around you it means they like you as more than a friend?"

Jungkook walked closer to Serenity and wrapped his arms around her waist inching his face closer to her face in the process. Serenity started feeling her cheeks warm up and her eyes widen. Her eyes slowly darted to Jungkooks lips for a moment as she debated the possibility of actually liking the kid. It would explain why she chose to give him a chance even against Jimin's warnings and pleading. Jungkook saw her eyes target his lips and took it as a sign that she was interested.

Jungkook carefully connected their lips. Serenity at first didn't know how to react but eventually shut her eyes and kissed back. Right when the kiss was becoming more intimate, the practice room doors opened and a betrayed Jimin entered.

"What the hell?"

Serenity was quickly brought back to reality and moved away from Jungkook. Before she could make her way over to Jimin, Jungkook intertwined their elbows.

"Hey Jimin, what are you doing here?"

Jimin just glared at Jungkook,

"I got your text. I thought you wanted to practice and apologize but I guess I was wrong."

Jimin quickly slid his eyes over towards Serenity and the look of betrayal just grew.

"Wow In Hee, funny seeing you here. I mean I guess it wasn't good enough to lie to my face, but now here you are partnering with him and what, screwing him in the process?"

Jimin began laughing,

"Wow. I have never seen two people be so perfect for each other. You deserve each other. Now you can betray everyone else around you together. I'm done."

In Hee's eyes widened,

"Wait Chim, I can explain."

Jimin just held his hand up and laughed,

"Don't. I'm leaving."

Jimin then proceeded to walk out the door.

In Hee began crying as she tried to get out of Jungkook's grip

"Let me go! You played me! You set this up, didn't you? How could

Jungkook just laughed,

"I didn't do anything babe. Come on let's get back to practice, okay?"

Serenity looked at Jungkook as if he was crazy before finally getting her arm out of his grasp,

"Go to hell, Jeon Jungkook. I never want to see you again!"

And with that Serenity left the room.

Jungkook then began to stare at his reflection in the mirror,

"Who would have thought that our little Jiminie would have a crush on his best friend? for him, but he should know by now, I don't do well with sharing my toys."