Chapter 2

Can't You Hear the Music?

Once we were out of the auditorium, Jimin and I went to eat at a small cafe.

"So, are you going to work with either of them?"

Jimin asked shyly but I just responded with a scoff,

"As if. You must be crazy to think that I would want to work with either one of those idiots. Were you not there when V was there? Did you not hear what V said to me? He was a complete jerk. I have never met someone as aggravating as Kim Taehyung is before in my life."

Jimin just smirked in response.

"Not going to lie, In Hee, it seems like you might actually be fascinated by this guy. I mean you do remember his real name after all."

"I would rather give up eating any form of kimchi for the rest of my life then have to spend one moment alone with V. Just because I know his name doesn't mean anything. Everywhere I go, I always hear about how hot Kim Taehyung is. It is so annoying. I don't get why all these girls throw themselves at him, when he continuously treats everyone around him like they aren't as good as he is. I would never let someone treat me the way that V gets away with treating everyone around him. Someone really needs to set him in his place and I am determined to do just that. V thinks that whatever he requests will get handed over to him. Well not me. He has to prove himself to me, if he wants any kind of chance of being my partner."

Jimin just sat there quietly for a moment not knowing what to say,

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to see if you work well with one of them. I mean they are two of the best performers in our grade. Maybe they're not the kindest people to work with, but the music industry isn't exactly filled with nice people. It might do you good to work with one of them. Your grade would improve greatly if you do and think about all the experience you would get."

"Jimine! Why are you taking their side? I don't want to work with either of them. Why do you want me to so bad?"

"It's not that I want you to work with one of them because of who they are but rather I want you to work with one of them because of how super persistent they are. It's a good trait to have and I think you'll succeed more if you give them a try. I mean that is a better plan than you just teaming up with someone else who is average and doesn't stand out like they do. I think you should at least try to see how well you work with each of them. If not for yourself, but for your grade. Who knows, maybe you'll discover a different side to one of them. However, if neither of them still suit you, you can use that as an excuse to not wanting to work with them."

"Wow, Jiminie. You may just be a genius. I'll think about it. If I do choose to follow your advice, who do you think I should try to team up with first?"

Jimin didn't even blink before he whisper shouted his response,

"Taehyung, because I really want to try to work with Kookie on this. We've been planning this for months hoping that we would have a similar assignment as our final. I don't get why he would drop me just like this."

"Okay. I think I'll give it a try. I mean what can I lose? My dignity? My friends? Who needs those things when I can have Jung Yong-Hwa."

We awkwardly laughed for a moment,

"When do you think I should talk to V?"

Like if on cue, V and Jungkook walked in along with about 4 other guys. I made awkward eye contact with Jungkook but quickly adverted my eyes to the table and used my hand to shield my face in hope that by some miracle Jungkook didn't see my face. Sadly, luck was not on my side. As all 6 boys seated themselves at Jimin and I's table.

"I'm sorry but who invited you? Last time I checked, I never asked any of you guys to sit here."

Everyone glanced at Jimin as he perked up,

"I sort of maybe invited them."

I glared at him.

"Let me explain. I thought it would be good for you guys to get to know each other. I feel like you may have judged them too hard, In Hee, I mean, Serenity. Just give them a chance. They are not that bad, I promise! Do you think I would be friends with them if I thought they were that bad?"

I sat back in my seat. Awkward. First Jimin invites all these guys without informing me. Secondly, I make a fool out of myself by saying they were uninvited. And lastly, Jimin made me like I was a whiny baby, which maybe I was being lately, but still. I did not need him to call me out for it in front of all these guys I don't even know properly yet.

Slowly but surely, Kookie slid his arm around my waist pulling me closer before whispering in my ear,

"Don't worry babe. Jimin should have told you first. There's no reason for you to be embarrassed."

I smiled for a moment before I realized what I was doing. I tried pushing him off of me as the smile drained from my face, but no matter how hard I tried, he was too strong. So in the end, I ended up awkwardly sitting with Jungkook's arm around my waist at a table with a bunch people I didn't know. I gathered all my pride that was left and said.

"Umm I kind of don't know any of you, so can you at least introduce yourselves, so I actually know what to call you guys?"

------Introductions------

"It's nice to meet you guys."

I smiled sincerely before continuing.

"Sorry if I was rude when you guys first came in. I just assumed that you guys were all jerks since you associate with Jungkook and Taehyung."

V replied with a fake hurtful expression on his face,

"Oww, that hurt my hearteu."

Jungkook followed his remark with one of his own,

"How could you say that about me babe? I thought we had a better relationship than this."

I looked at Jungkook as if he was insane,

"What relationship? We literally just met in the auditorium where you said I was supposedly your partner, but I'm not. How could you leave Jimin like that when you guys have been planning this with him for months? I am positive you didn't even know who I was prior to today, did you? How do I know that you won't leave me like you left Jimin?"

There was a long pause before I spoke up once more,

"That's what I thought. Anyways, I've decided to see how our partnership works since I am not going to deny that you guys do have talent and I do need a good grade on this final. So thanks to Jimin, I have come to the conclusion that I'll work with both of you separately for a week and then decide who i'll work with on the final."

"I approve."

"Same, but only because I know I'll be picked. Right, babe?"

I scoffed and stood up. As I made my way out of the booth, I noticed that Jimin was following me. We pushed through the front door and were greeted by a strong breeze of air.

"Can I drop you off?"

I nodded my head yes in response.

While walking back to my dorm, I noticed that Jimin was acting weird but before I could ask him if he was okay, V and Jungkook decided to tag along too. I sighed once more but decided not to fight it anymore. So when Jungkook attempted to put his arm around my shoulder, I didn't fight him, but instead just let it happen. V on the other end kept blabbering on and on about how excited he was to start practicing with me. I tuned him out and was left to my own thoughts. I was wondering why Jimin wasn't saying anything until I realized that he was walking behind us. I slowly slid out of Jungkook's arm and waited for Jimin to catch up before sliding my arm into his and tossing him a smile.

"Keep up, Jiminie. We don't want you getting lost now, do we?"