Two.

I Got It

"Sehun?" Kyungsoo's concerned about something again; they've been on enough dates now that if Sehun concentrates enough he can listen past the silky smoothness of Kyungsoo's voice to actually understand what the other boy is saying. It still takes work though, so Sehun has to blink a few times until he realizes Kyungsoo's said his name and not just blessed Sehun's ears with the voice of an angel.

Sehun's reply is eloquent, to say the least. "Huh?"

"You seem nervous," Kyungsoo points out, peering up at Sehun through damp bangs. They're standing huddled together under the awning of a convenience store, having just run under for cover from a sudden downpour of rain. "Do I still make you feel nervous?"

Sehun swallows hard. "Of course not, hyung." He's totally lying and they both know it. Do Kyungsoo makes Oh Sehun feel absolutely everything. "I'm fine," Sehun adds, but his point is lost when his voice cracks slightly and he grimaces.

Kyungsoo bites his lip but chooses to believe Sehun, like he always does, because he's just really great like that.

"You are," Kyungsoo agrees then, giving Sehun's body—completely visible as it is through his soaked white t-shirt—an appreciative glance while also managing to turn his doubt into a compliment about Sehun that he wholeheartedly believes is true.

Sehun's face turns bright red and the color only deepens when Kyungsoo wraps cold hands around Sehun's biceps and pulls the taller boy close.

"If I kissed you right now," Kyungsoo murmurs, tone softening as he raises his head to meet Sehun's widening eyes, "Would you kiss me back?"

Sehun's breath hitches when Kyungsoo's gaze drops to his lips.

"I wonder," Kyungsoo whispers in a breath so close to Sehun's mouth that he can almost taste the caramel bubble tea Kyungsoo had earlier.

Sehun groans loud enough for the sound to be embarrassing, but he still manages enough self control to pull himself away.

"I would," he assures Kyungsoo, who suddenly looks just as embarrassed. "Believe me! But we can't because—"

He's cut off by Kyungsoo. "Uh, Sehun? Are you wearing a belt with a cat's tail on it?" Kyungsoo looks up from the ground for an answer and notices something else suspicious. "And did you put that headband back on? You know, the cat ear one?"

The rain starts to fall harder. Sehun feels it dripping through a gap in the awning and can't help it when his ears—the cat ones—twitch at the cool touch of the water landing in steady droplets onto his head. Kyungsoo gasps but Sehun doesn't let him speak.

"I'm a Mew Mew," Sehun blurts out, nerves making him speak far too fast to be understood. His lisp might also be making a reappearance. "And I'm not supposed to tell anyone but I really like you and I really do want to kiss you. But the ears and tail are just the beginning, hyung. You don't even know! Suho said I could turn into an actual cat if I get overstimulated and you just make me feel like I'm a second away from bursting, like, all the time. If you kiss me I know I'll turn into a cat on the spot!"

Kyungsoo's expression is bemused, if anything, and certainly not what Sehun is expecting. He's just shared something rather strange, after all.

"You're rambling," is all Kyungsoo decides to say, and Sehun doesn't really need to be reminded, but thanks. "It's cute," Kyungsoo continues thoughtfully, drawing Sehun close again with a hand back on Sehun's bicep. "Like your ears are cute. And your tail." He pauses and Sehun can't tear his gaze away when Kyungsoo his lips.

"I'm sure you'd be cute as a cat, too," Kyungsoo concludes, now pressed back up against Sehun's body with his mouth a mere millimeter or two away from Sehun's own. Sehun's breath hitches once more; Kyungsoo grins.

"So anyway," Kyungsoo says after a long, charged moment of locked eyes, waiting lips, and bated breath. "If I kissed you?"

"Please," Sehun practically moans. He's sure there's no one else in the entire world that can affect him like this. Maybe part of it's a cat thing; Sehun'll have to ask Suho. "Please kiss me."

Kyungsoo doesn't tease and his lips are on Sehun's in seconds. Sehun is reduced to a tiny, black kitten in just as long but Kyungsoo takes the whole situation in stride.

"I was right. You make a very adorable cat."

Sehun mewls, annoyed, and pouts the whole way from Suho's back to his apartment. Kyungsoo just laughs and pulls him close, now calling Sehun "Kitten" and smothering him with kisses that have Sehun turning from boy into cat and back again.