One.

I Got It

“Sehun?” Kyungsoo’s voice is smooth, questioning. Sehun wants to melt in it.

“Sehun, is everything alright?”

Sehun wishes he doesn’t know what Kyungsoo is talking about, why the other boy is suddenly so concerned. But the color of Sehun's blush could rival an entire rose garden at the moment and he knows Kyungsoo can see why.

Kyungsoo tries one more time. “The cat ears…” His voice trails off and Sehun can feel his cheeks tinting pink.

“I thought they were cute!” Sehun scrambles for an answer that someone as down-to-earth and practical as Kyungsoo might believe. “But also vaguely embarrassing and,” he pauses, flushing deeper, “I wasn’t sure you’d like them.”

Kyungsoo is quickly finding that there is not a single aspect of Sehun that he doesn’t like. “Very cute,” he agrees. He especially likes when Sehun’s expression becomes utterly relieved and then morphs into a grin.

Sehun, on the other hand, already knew that he liked everything there was to like about Kyungsoo, but in the moment it’s nice to be reminded of how great his crush is. He’s especially glad because those really are actual cat ears peeking out at Kyungsoo from Sehun’s platinum blonde hair but Kyungsoo took Sehun’s words at face value and believed the younger wholeheartedly even when Sehun practically lied to his face.

When Suho had told him that becoming a Mew Mew might have some interesting side effects, Sehun certainly wasn’t expecting something like this. He feels the sudden desperate urge to scrunch his nose and twitch the tiny black cat ears when he catches a surprise whiff of Kyungsoo’s cologne, and it takes every ounce of self control for Sehun to push the feeling back.

That’s just what he needs, he thinks. Sehun knows what will happen if he gives in to the cat genetics that Suho introduced into his DNA, and he’s not willing to sacrifice the aesthetic of his in these jeans by spontaneously sprouting a tail.

Kyungsoo’s stare lingers a little longer on the ears. Sehun wonders what the caress of Kyungsoo’s fingers might feel like across the fur. He shakes his head furiously; Kyungsoo blushes in response and marches away toward the ticket counter.

They’re at the natural history museum visiting the endangered species exhibit that’s on loan there from some famous collection in America. The irony is not lost on Sehun, and when he’d told Luhan about it, the Chinese Mew Mew had nearly burst his appendix from laughing so hard.

“It was Kyungsoo’s idea!” He’d defended his crush valiantly to Luhan then. It’s a lot harder to do the same to himself now when he walks with Kyungsoo into the exhibit and the first thing they see is the very same cat that Sehun is fast becoming in his embarrassment.

The Iriomote Wild Cat is admittedly adorable. Sehun preens internally when Kyungsoo coos over the model and comments absentmindedly that Sehun sort of reminds him of the endangered creature.

“Maybe it’s the ears,” Sehun suggests.

Kyungsoo looks at him and smiles. Sehun wants to die, he’s that happy.

“Maybe it is,” Kyungsoo replies. He can’t touch the stuffed animal on display so he settles for standing on his tiptoes to brush his fingers gently across the ears on Sehun’s head. It feels as heavenly as Sehun had imagined, almost better even, and he pops an instant in the front and back when his tail makes an unwelcome appearance.

Sehun might also be purring at the brief attention paid to his ears, but he’s too focused on the tail to notice. Kyungsoo notices. His mouth becomes suddenly dry at the sound and he swallows hard. The sight of his bobbing Adam’s apple doesn’t help Sehun’s libido any and he has to excuse himself to the restroom to keep his cat under control.

Kyungsoo watches him leave and marvels at the strangeness of this date. He considers the cat ear headband on Sehun especially and catches himself imagining his crush with an added tail and collar. It’s a totally inappropriate chain of thought for a museum, but Kyungsoo can’t help it.

He glances back at the Iriomote and smiles. Sehun’s cuter, he decides.

This is a oneshot, totally complete in itself. But I did a little more research to get my facts straight about Tokyo Mew Mew and it turns out that the cat-hybrid character turns into a kitten whenever she gets kissed. That's too good of a premise to pass up for this fic in my opinion, but what do you think?

To continue or to mark complete? Let me know!