Third meeting!

Heol, it's you again.

Heol?! Why does he keep appearing? Maybe I should pretend that I didn't see him. Okay quick Hayi shift your eyes up.

I rolled my eyes up nonchalantly and shifted it to the right. As if on cue, the pair of brown eyes followed the direction of my eyes and never let go of his stare. I then made another eye-shift to the left only to be followed by the same set of eyes.

Honestly how could you keep staring at a stranger without getting your cheeks reddened? And no, not because he has a cute face and nicely gelled hair. Oh boy, I bet he smells good in that red supreme top. No, Hayi stop it. He is an enemy! Unconsciously, I creased my forehead and he did the same.

“Stop looking so cute”, I yelled in my head. Only it's not in my head since Chanhyuk came behind me causing me to jerk backwards when he said "ya woman, stop yelling and finish the cleaning. Palli yah! Chaerin noona told me these models don't like to wait around"

My cheeks flushed even more red and I turned back towards the window but he wasn't there anymore. I heard the chimes on the front door as sign of someone coming in and turned my head towards the sound.

I was still standing on the rectangle stool when he was making his way towards my me. I hate to say this about my enemy, but this enemy was looking very smart. And here I was, wiping cloth on one hand and glass cleaner on the other hand. His face was tight and not showing a smile Maybe he just never smiles, but his eyes was fixated on mine. Being the independent woman like I was, of course I would never break the ‘staring content’ that was going on. But it’s quite impossible because I am flushed red like his red supreme top.

I stepped down the stool before my clumsy-self decided to fall on its own. He greeted me by saying “Morning Miss Hayi. Sleep well last night?” and just like that my poor heart melted by the sight of a sweet grin appearing across his face.

“Morning um Mr…..” I greeted back not looking him directly on the eyes. When have I became so shy like right now? “It’s Hanbin for you,” he answered and winked. ‘Did he just wink at me? My gosh he should get the eye spasm fixed fast. Should I tell him that or will he be embarrassed if I did? Or, maybe he did wink at me because I am cute. No, Hayi don’t confuse yourself. It’s the eye spasm’ I had a dialogue in my mind and came to realization that he was staring with a confused smile.

“Love to sleep and day dreaming. Interesting,” I heard him saying and couldn’t apprehend the meaning. Thus, I bow back considering he is the customer and proceeded to the kitchen straight away. ‘I honestly wouldn’t want to be around him because my heart felt so unsettled. It was never like this before. Perhaps I should take a visit to the clinic later?’ I thought patting the left side of my chest feeling the speed of my heartbeat.

It was around 12 pm when I was called by Chaerin unni to help Jennie with her sitting section which situated opposite of the shooting area. As I was making my way towards my customer, I saw him looking professional and very good looking as he was being photographed next to two gorgeous female models.

At around 12.30 pm, I was stopped by him as I making my way in front of him as he got his hair fixed by the hair stylist. He was asking for a cold water without ice. Considering him as the customer, I gladly follow the order.

At around 12.45 pm, he ordered me to get another glass of cold water while he was doing his shoot. So there was I making my way towards the set and managed to gain few stares from the models beside him. Our hands slightly touched as I passed the glass to him. He held my hand slightly longer than usual and tilted his head to the side a bit conveying his thanks. ‘Urgh I don’t need your thanks. I need you to stop pestering me,’ I shouted in my head couldn’t say it for real as he is a customer so I smiled sarcastically instead.

At around 1 pm I received another order which caused my blood to boil as I was preparing the food. “Okay this noob seriously need to stop ordering me around. I work for this café and not for him,” I murmured as I am placing two sets of sandwiches and a cup of tea onto the tray and carry it to the front where that noob is sitting at.

“Palli Hayi-ah, stop talking to yourself it is super creepy,” shrieked Chaerin unni but the tone is a bit low today. Usually she would blurt out everything without minding others’ feeling. Chaerin unni is a cool person, she is nice (most of the time) but trust me you don’t want to get into her bad sides.

“Arasso unni. But why do I need to serve him? He is not even at my sitting section,” I crease my forehead showing a silent protest.

“I don’t know honey, maybe you should ask him nicely…. with a smile on your face,” she smiled sweetly before it turns into a straight face. Scared of angering my unni manager, I swiftly change my expression into a forced smile and proceed to the front of the café.

As I was walking pass three blonde Korean models, I could hear sneer coming from their direction. Unlike the rest of the models who are forming groups and chatting to one another, Hanbin is sitting on his own at the corner while playing on his phone and my heart flutters when I look at him. I like the fact that he is on his own instead of talking to pretty blonde model.

‘Hey focus on your work Hayi, and not his nicely gelled hair,’ I thought while fighting the urge to stare at his fine jawline as he was looking down on his phone.

“Your order is here,” I say in a monotone trying to grab his attention to look at my direction. However, his eyes are still fix on his Iphone. I watched to see the game Candy Crush while his fingers are aggressively tapped on its screen. ‘Okay who the hell ignore their colleagues, mind you hot colleagues, to play Candy Crush. Maybe there is something off about him,’ I silently judging in my head as I walk away from him.

“Oi, feed me the sandwich?” he said nonchalantly with eyes still fixed on the phone screen.

Who does he think I am? Hell-to-the-No is what I wanted to scream. But I just go with “Why?”

“Can’t you see I am doing something important here,” he said lifting his face slightly so his eyes could meet mine which causes me to stare into those brown eyes that could melt my poor heart easily anytime.

“NO!” I half screamed making sure no one but us could hear my reply. He didn’t seem shock with my answer but he shifted his position so now he is sitting straight and folded his arm while facing me.

“Wha…at?” I asked a bit annoyed and plan to drift away from the scene.  As I face to the back, I could sense a presence ogling at me and was surprised to see Chaerin unni’s head peeking out from the kitchen and gesturing me to obey the command. I refused by shaking my head vigorously. She responded with a stern face causing me to jump a little to the back which causes me to stumble and landed on Hanbin’s lap.

“This is the way it should be babygirl,” he smirked as he grabs my arm to stabilise my position. I stand up straight away avoiding his eye contact. He then took the sandwich and stuff it on his mouth still holding the smirk across his charming face. I could feel my body tense and cheek reddened. I looked around and was glad that no one is paying attention to what just happened, but I could see Chaerin unni’s shaken body due to excessive laugher. Then, I hurriedly make a way towards the kitchen to stab my heart with a knife since it couldn’t stop beating so fast. Again, I could hear unni’s laughter from inside her office.

Around 4pm, the models and the production team have left the café. After that little accident, I managed to avoid any interaction with Hanbin by working on my sitting section only. Good thing he was on the other section, or else I would have to deal with him again. But why do I feel disappointed now that someone else is using that cornered seat?

I resumed my daily job serving the customer, making sandwich while the chef is taking a break, and pouring hot beverages to customers. Have I mentioned about our café? Our café is called ??? and we specialised in making the tastiest sandwich and pasta. Yes, we offer our customers few dishes only but we are famous for those dishes. The number one reason I chose to work here, besides the pay rolls, is the taste of the sandwich. I still remember the day Chanhyuk brought me here to celebrate the end of our high school. He used to be a part timer at this so-called prestige café which I have never intend to visit due to the price. Even though the price is a bit expensive, but the taste is to die for. So yes, where was I? So Chanhyuk brought me here and they happened to look for a waitress at the time. At the time, I was only thinking about working as part timer, but after few months working here, this place is where I would love to call my second home.

There are 6 staff in total, oh yes and 1 manager, Chaerin Unni. For the morning shift, there will be 3 people likewise for the evening shift. One person is responsible in preparing the food in the kitchen while the other two will be serving the customers. You see, our cafe is not so big hence the small number of staff. You don’t really experience a shortage of staff here because customers will come to the café and key in their order into the system. Oh, I am so excited to tell you this because I was totally awed by the system the first time I visited. After ordering, they will receive a number in which if the number is called, they will collect their food at the counter nearby the kitchen for take away or to eat-in. Most of the time, customers will take away since there is limited seats in the café. Having said that, the place is usually packed with diners especially in the morning and around lunch time. Even though our cafe is located at the end of the road, but people are willing to come and have a taste of our delicious dishes.

Now you know why we don’t need that many of staff here. Having less staff is great because the place itself isn’t that big to accommodate that many staff especially the changing room. Sometimes, during peak hours when all tables are fully occupied and there are only two staff on the floor, things might get a bit havoc. However, working here for almost 3 years, I have gotten the hang of it.

But there is one other thing that intrigued me to work in here. Which is the recipe for each of the dishes. You see each of our dishes has its own signature sauce which I could never figure out and it is bugging me. Apparently, we were told by Chaerin unni that the owner is quite secretive about her recip. So, I won’t be able to figure out the recipe anytime soon.

You can see how crazy I am about food, right? Actually, it has been a dream of mine to be a chef. To acquire a culinary degree and to work in a fancy restaurant as a Head Chef then people will be calling me ‘Chef Hayi’. However, due to money constraint, I have to settle with working in this café and earn money before thinking of the next step.

Oh, look at that, it is 6.30 pm which marks the end of my shift for the day. I peeked outside to observe the weather and it is clear as a white sheet. Great, I can take a walk instead of taking the train which cost money. This week itself, I had to take the train every day since it rains every single day. Not that I am complaining, but I would rather spend my money to buy grandma something nice instead on public transportation.

I stepped outside and see the road is busy will people coming off from work. I put on my earphones and take a stride slowly because there is another 20 minutes of striding to do. As I am humming to Adele’s playlist on my phone, I felt a drip of water coming from above. “Oh no please don’t start training now”, and the rain start pouring more heavily as I say it. I speed up until I reached a narrow alley where there is a roof above it to cover me from the rain. After the rain toned down, I looked at my watch and it is already 7pm which means I have rested there for about 20 minutes.

As I walk out the narrow alley, I encountered a long pathway with houses on the right and bushes on my left side. Suddenly, I sense a presence moving from inside bushes behind me. I refused to look behind and quicken my pace. The faster I walk, the faster the movement created from inside the bushes. Suddenly a scene from kdramas played in my mind whereby the girl character is always saved by the hero in this kind of situation. But who will be the one to save me? Will that noob with the sharpest jaw and brownest soft eye be my knight in shining armour?

As I found myself smiling and running like an idiot, I straddled onto a rock which causes me to fall. I could sense the presence coming closer and closer. I scream out loud as I look behind to see the face of my kidnapper.

That’s when I see a fat black cat making its way towards me from behind the bushes. It probably thought I was playing when I run away. The fat black cat snuggles closer to me waiting to be pat. 

Heol~  I should definitely stop watching those nonsense dramas.

When I reached home and greeted grandma whom was sleeping in front of the TV, I went straight to my messy room. I didn’t have time to tidy up this morning and the state of the room was beyond my imagination. Suddenly my eyes caught interest on a magazine that was laying on the floor. I picked up the magazine which had the middle page open. Studying the magazine and the six male models wearing Armani suits in the magazine, I realized how familiar all of them look.

Hanbin! I shrieked feeling shocked with my findings. My finger was poiting at Hanbin’s body was standing in the middle and the rest of the models was also at the shoot. I remember one as the photographer for the shoot today. I read the caption below the picture which read

 From left: Ju-ne, Song, Jay, B.I, DK, Chan, Bobby

1,2,3,4....... BI..... 'So his stage name is BI? Hm BI sounds like a nice name. But I like Hanbin more,' I thought in my head forming a smile across my face unintentinally. 

 

 

Upvote ❤ Comment ❤ Subscribe ❤

Hey readers. Truly apologise for the very slow update on this story because I couldnt find the right time to update it. I hope you cherish this story as much as I do and truly hope you enjoy this update. Tell me if you do and comment to show your support. Kamsahmanida ~!