The Inheritors: Episode One

The Inheritors

The Inheritors: Episode One

It was sunny at California, and Kim Ken and his friend name Jay was having fun surfing.

Kim Ken’s voiceover: "The day I left to go study abroad, hyung’s goodbye was short, simple, and honest."

Ian Ken's stepbrother  says to little Ken, "Studying? English? Don’t try hard. Just play. Don’t worry. Don’t think. Rich people just eat and play. They don’t dream. And don’t come back."

Ken’s voiceover: "I realized at that moment, that I wasn’t here to study. I was stateless. Hyung was taking back in advance the things I will take away in the future.”

Jay asks Ken, “You don’t blame them? Your brother who hates you, your mom who gave birth to you, or your father who never takes your side?

Ken answers inside his head, “I am too lazy to resent someone.”

On the other hand, Tae-joon bounces a ball off a wall to bully another student. "What are you going to do, friend, during vacation. I’m going to miss you after seeing you everyday. You’re not going to miss me? You’re so cold to me." He hit the kid with the ball this time.

Tae-joon smiles when the kid yells out in pain. So does his groupies. "I’m sorry. Are you hurt?"

Tae-joon friend says sarcastically, "Tae-joon, you’re aim is terrible. If someone saw, they would think we are bullying him?"

Tae-joon's face immediately turns hard. "Really? Do you want to stand there then?” When he'sother friend tries to stop Tae-joon, Tae-joon threatens him. His friend scurries off to the wall. "I’ll stand here. I'll stand here for you. Throw."

Tae-joon grins. "I never said I was going to throw. It should be fair among friends." Tae-joon calls over the bullied student. "Friend. It’s your turn."

"You get beat up regardless of whether you throw or not. It’s really a question of whether you will you get beat up by a strong guy or a slighter less stronger guy. But the bigger problem is that your life will always be like this. Why? Because we will grow up to be your employer. Hurry, choose."

The bullied kid trembles in anger at Tae-joon’s words and throw the ball at the mirror. Tae-joon laughs. "So you’re the type to keep your pride even though you are poor? Just take care of your body. Health is the most important thing. I’ve got to run away, I’m so scared. See you when school starts!"

Tae-joon leaves, and his friends beat up the poor kid.

On the Motorcycle shop, Tae-joon is checking out his newly custom order motorcycle. The dealer is telling him how great the parts are, and Tae-joon asks, "Are you bragging with my money?"

While a girl in a uniform comes through the shop door to deliver a pizza. A young employer there keeps hitting on her, but Yuri is too busy and too poor to respond to idiocy. All she wants is the pizza money and to leave. She starts to call the police, but the man asked ,"Hey! Who are you calling?" but the guy stops her. She gets her money and goes. Tae-joon takes notice.

Delivering pizza is not Yuri’s only job. She also works at a cafe.

On her way to clean a table, she notices Min-hyuk studying. Yuri asked him when did he come to the cafe and how long he has been at the cafe He says he had been there about 30 minutes without ordering anything, and Yuri tells him her boss is not selling dirt here. Meaning he’s not running a charity.

Min-hyuk smiles and says he will leave when Soo-jung gets here. Before Yuri can finish complaining about how the two always have their date here, Min-hyuk hands her an umbrella. And notify her that It’s going to rain around the time she gets off work. Yuri sheepishly takes the umbrella.

"If you give this to me, what about your girlfriend?"

Min-hyuk takes his jacket and covers his head. "My Soo-jung is always a heroine inside a movie."

Yuri is grossed out by the sweet of Min-hyuk about his girlfriend. Min-hyuk scolded and  tells her to get a boyfriend, but she reminds him that hours spent with no pay is an extravagance to her.”

Min-hyuk gives her a worried look. “How many part time jobs do you have?”

Yuri answers, "What can I do? The only heaven I’m permitted to is ‘Part-time Heaven."

Moreover, Soo-jung shows up with her shrill voice, jealous that her boyfriend is looking at Yuri with such soft and worried eyes. Yuri sighs and Soo-jung throws her a dirty look. Min-hyuk lights up to see Soo-jung. He scoots over to make room for her.

Considering, Soo-jung reminds Yuri that she told her to not flirt with her boyfriend. Yuri retorts, "You think I’m that pretty." Soo-jung replies, "I never said you were pretty!"

Yuri, who is used to dealing with Soo-jung, simply says, "Right. But you’re pretty. So stop bothering this poor part-timer."

Soo-jung is peeved and want to leave with Min-hyuk. "You’re leaving tomorrow, and I don’t want to waste time with her." Yuri didn't know what Soo-jung is saying about Min-hyuk leaving. "Are you going somewhere?" Min-hyuk answers vaguely, "I’m just going somewhere for a bit," and Soo-jung blocks him from saying more. She wants to know something about Min-hyuk that Yuri doesn’t know.

On their way out, Soo-jung stops to point out that Min-hyuk is not wearing the colors that she told him to wear for the festival. He points to his shoessaying that he is wearing it, but Soo-jung points out, "That’s dark red, not red!"

Yuri sighs as she watches them walk off. "Those wasteful kids."

Soo-jung and Min-hyuk are walking together, and she is complaining about Yuri. She hates that Yuri is always so confident in front of her when she has nothing, and that she knows about Min-hyuk’s childhood.

Min-hyuk finds this adorable, and reassures Soo-jung that he and Yuri are just friends. They’ve been friends half his life.

Soo-jung finds that hard to believe. "How can two young people of the opposite side be just friends?!!!"

It is night now, and Yuri is on her way home from work. She is talking on her phone, complaining to her sister via answer machine about Soo-jung: how she is so suspicious, how she has a chauffeur, and how she never seems to have suffered her entire life.

Sooyoung (Yuri’s older sister) is fighting with her boyfriend. He’s cheating on her, but she really can’t do anything since she is living in his home. Ugh, he slaps her.

Yuri asks through the machine, "Are you even checking these? Please call. Are you doing well in school? Still you’re lucky, going to school in the U.S. Call. I miss you."

Yuri hangs up, and it starts to rain. The umbrella Min-hyuk gave her won’t open though. Yuri runs under a shop awning, and she notices the dream catcher hanging in the window. It gives a little sparkle, and at that moment, her umbrella opens. A sign of good things to come?

Min-hyuk and his dad, Yoon Jae Ho, are cooking dinner together. They joke around, saying Min-hyuk being home instead of out with his girlfriend ruins dad’s night of fun.

Min-hyuk gently scolds his dad for cutting the carrot to go in the curry too large. It should be smaller than the potato pieces. Jae Ho asks for his reasoning, and Min-hyuk eloquently responds, and I fall in love with Min-hyuk more because he is cute with his father too.

Jae Ho wants his son to say that in English, but Min-hyuk can’t. That is why he is going to the U.S. to study abroad for language. But he couldn’t tell Yuri that he is going when she is working so hard.

Min-hyuk asks his dad about Yuri’s mom. How is she doing? Jae Ho tells him, "She’s the core of the power of the Empire group since she has the lady of house in the palm of her hand."

Min-hyuk: "Really?"

Yuri’s mom, is at the Kim’s mansion working as a maid. She is called over by the second lady of the house, who is Kim Ken's mom but not his father’s wife. A mistress. She is warned by the other maid that the “Little ma’am” is on edge because her son in the U.S. won’t pick up the phone. Yuri’s mom smiles good-naturedly.

Kim Ken’s mom, is frustrated at her son won’t answer her and vents it to Yuri's Mom. Yuri's mom is used to this, it seems, and just quietly and simply takes it all in stride.

The other maid comes it to announce that the president, has come home, and Ken's Mom is immediately worried. What about this wine she is drinking? She is about to gulp it down when the maid informs her that Ian went straight to his room. Ken's Mom spits out the wine into her glass. "Why do you always say the important things last? Are you doing this on purpose? So I can get caught? Am I not even allowed a good dinner with wine?"

Yuri's Mom suddenly takes away the wine glass away from Madam Han who was about to drink it again. She dumps the wine into the soup and hide the glass underneath her apron.

Ian comes in, with his good-looking but hard face. Madam Han asks him if he ate. He answers without saying hello that he had a late lunch. She starts to worry after him, but Ian cuts her off, addressing the maids. Who cleaned his room today? The other maid did. Ian asks for it to be cleaned again, and for water to be brought to his study room. He leaves the room without so much a second look at Madam Han.

Madam Han order Yuri's Mom to bring a new bottle of the same wine and a new glass to her room. Yuri's Mom writes in her notepad, "You should eat more."

Madam Han answers, "If one eats after being ignored like that, that makes her a mistress. Usually ladies of the house can’t eat a grain of rice after something like this." Madam Han smiles and oh so gracefully orders Yuri's Mom to throw away all of the food.

Yuri's Mom thinks to herself, "Whether you can eat or not, a mistress is a mistress. A mistress who can eat is better than a mistress who can drink."

Yuri's Mom is setting her family’s dinner table with the food from the Kim mansion. Yuri is giving her mother a look, and Yuri's Mom signs to her that the lady gave it to them. Yuri retorts, "If the lady gave it, do I have to just eat it quietly? Am I a food dump?"

Yuri's Mom signs, "What’s wrong with that? There is nothing more important than eating. Besides, when will be able to eat like this in our circumstances."

This hits Yuri where it hurts. "Is it my fault we are in this situation? You just eat it." Yuri gets up and goes to her room.

In the bedroom, Yuri pretends to flip through a book, but she mutter out loud while looking at a picture of her sister, "That witch. Living well by herself."

Yuri's Mom comes in, and to appease her daughter, promises to not bring home food again. She also wants Yuri to go to the bank personally, because she doesn’t trust internet banking, to send money to her sister in the U.S. Yuri looks at the account book. 

Yuri's Mom explains that Sooyung is getting married.

Furthermore, Esther notifies her daughter, Victoria, that she is remarrying. Victoria can’t believe it. It hasn’t been that long since she divorced dad, but Victoria's Mom thinks it has been long enough.Victoria's Mom wants Victoria to change and wear lower heels. They are meeting her new dad for dinner, and he is not tall. Victoria demands to know this person who is not tall, but is famous enough for a new report to go out about this remarriage.

Yuri is also asking about her soon-to-be brother-in-law. Most importantly, is he going to send an airplane ticket for them to come to the wedding? Yuri's Mom chides her daughter, in sign language, for thinking they can go there. Yuri, looks around, embarrassed, and reminds her mom to use her phone when they are outside. Yuri's Mom obliges and types out that Sooyoung will have picked a good husband since she is someone who is going to college in the U.S. And if they go, they will only be a flaw, defect.

Yuri demands to know why they would be a flaw. What’s wrong with them? Yuri's Mom says Sooyoung described him as a nice and diligent guy. What more can they want?

Yuri struggles with tears. "Why can’t we want more? Since sis ran away, I’ve….." Yuri can’t finish what she is about to say while staring at her mother.

Yuri turns away and says, "I’m going to the wedding. I’m going to give the money personally to her." Yuri leaves, but Yuri's Mom can’t call after her.

In Addition, Victoria's Mom fiancé is Tae-joon’s dad, Choi Dong Wook, CEO of Zeus Hotel. Tae-joon and Victoria sit across from each other, obviously not pleased with each other or this situation. Tae-joon smirks and snorts at his father and Victoria's Mom conversation about their past relationship failures being fate to lead them to this. So does Victoria. 

Since Victoria is younger by a few months than Tae-joon, Tae-joon's Dad and Victoria's Mom tell their kids to treat each other like dongsaeng and oppa.

Tae-joon says, sarcasm and disdain dripping from his voice, "Of course. She is just my style."

He gets up to leave, but his dad stops him. By slapping him. In front of his future stepmom and stepsis. 

Tae-joon glowers. Now he can’t really stay, since he has just been humiliated. "Have a good dinner. Between family."

Tae-joon's Dad apologizes to Victoria, and she gets up, saying she will hear it directly from Tae-joon.

Tae-joon remarks that Victoria is a lot like her mother Esther. Victoria's Mom snaps back, "Tae-joon is a lot like your ex-wife." Tae-joon's Dad responds, "Don’t ever speak of her again in front of me." Victoria's Mom replies nonchalantly, "Was she prettier than me?" Tae-joon's Dad laughs, "This is why I like you."

Victoria calls out to Tae-joon, who is about to get on his motorcycle, “Hey brother!”

Tae-joon wonders why she has come out to stop him. Victoria corrects him, "I came out to lose you. So I don’t have to stay for that awful dinner."

Before Tae-joon can leave, Victoria says, "You know I’m engaged to Kim Ken, right?" Tae-joon’s face gets even darker, if that is possible.

Victoria continues, "If we become siblings, you and Ken become brother-in-laws. You’re not the only one who hate this marriage. But it seems you dread it more than I do. I’m just reminding you."

Tae-joon clarifies, "I never said I didn’t like this marriage. You know what marriage means for people like us. It’s a merger and acquisition. Who do you think will end up with the share that your mom has in the Empire group. So try to break this engagement if you can. Don’t needlessly become Choi Victoria from Yoo Victoria."

Tae-joon drives away, and Victoria stands there, looking worried.

Yuri is at another part-time job, this time washing dishes. She can force back her tears at the never ending stream of dirty plates.

At the end of the job, the owner gives Yuri her pay. He asks if she going to go on vacation during her school break. Yuri tells him that she is going to the U.S. And never coming back.

"My sister marrying means she is going to stay in the U.S. Which means I will have to live my life with mom washing dishes. I resent the fact that my life seems to have been predestined to poverty."

The owner asks how an 18th-year-old can already think like that. Yuri replies, "That’s why I am going to the U.S. I’ve been thinking about this since I was 8."

Back home after going to the bank, Yuri tells her mom she’s exchanged currencies. She tells her Mom not to worry; there should be at least one member of the family at the wedding. Yuri's Mom silently nods.

Yuri puts away some new notebooks she has prepared for her mom. She also digs through an old one and sees that if it's full of apologies and “ma’am” and struggles to learn English to work in a hoity-toity chaebol household. Yuri silently sobs, but stops herself to turn back to look at her mom. Yuri's Mom is making a powder of mixed grains and beans.

On one of the fresh notebooks, Yuri writes, "I’m sorry, mom."

In the bedroom, Yuri packs away her mom’s used notebook in her suitcase. She promises silently, "I will come back to take you after I’ve succeed. Just wait a bit."

Victoria's Mom wonders if Victoria is immigrating, with all that she is packing. She also, once again, dictates what her daughter should be wearing. Victoria just throws in both shoes and also packs a framed picture of her and Ken in her suitcase.

Victoria's Mom complains about Victoria going to Ken. Why can’t she make him come here? Victoria says he will come if she send him her mother’s wedding invitation.

Victoria's Mom says she doesn’t care to convince her daughter about this marriage. Victoria retorts, "You just don’t have the reasoning to persuade me."

Victori's Mom threatens her daughter. "If you want, you can break away from the family registry." Victoria responds, "You’re threatening me with my inheritance?"

Victoria's Mom: "Because it is the most effective and always works."

Victoria wants to know why Choi Tae-joon’s Dad. Victoria's Mom knows about Choi Dong Wook tendency for physical violence, right! Or, is she really in love with him?

Victoria's mom bristles at that. Love?! "Yoo Victoria!"

Victoria asks, "Don’t you feel guilty saying that name since you are trying to make me Choi Victoria?" Victoria's Mom shakes her daughter off and tells her to say hi to her future son-in-law for her.

With mom gone, Victoria shakes in frustration. She picks up her phone to call Ken.

Ken’s voiceover:

"The first thought I had in this California, where I had been chased off too, is 'I can eat all the almonds I want.' And befitting a exiled bastard, I thought for a moment, 'Should I rebel?' But like my brother’s advice, I just ate and played. And thanks to this, I have cops who know my face, my school pays attention to me, and my mother in Seoul cries everyday."

 We see Ken writing in his diary, and also that he has pictures of him with his brother, and with his mother on his nightstand. No pictures of dad, though.

His friend Jay comes in with Ken’s phone. Ken sees the call is from Victoria, and he ignores it.

Ken telling his friend Jay "I already know who’s calling. It’s my fiance. She’s either about to get on the plane, or could be on the plane, or already here. It’s our engagement anniversary soon."

Ken's friend Jay, with his horrible over-acting, says "You look like none of that is a good thing."

Ken put on a cap. "No, I always look this good." 

Ken finishes off with this trademark line, "I’m too lazy to celebrate." 

Meanwhile, Yuri has arrived at LAX. She looks around, a bit overwhelmed, but talks herself up. She once placed 13th in the whole school!

Outside at the sidewalk of LAX, Victoria is on the phone, probably talking to her mom, and lying that Ken is here to pick her up. Yuri overhears this, but the man that is putting away Victoria’s suitcase is definitely not "more handsome than before, taller, and tanned."

Victoria notices Yuri eavesdropping while she says to her mom, "Ken is saying that I got prettier too." She sees Yuri smile at that. 

Victoria stops Yuri. "You just laughed at me, right? Why did you laugh?" Yuri grimaces, and rolls her 13th place brain. She answers in Japanese, "What is it? I’m Japanese."

Victoria answers in better Japanese, "If you wanted to pretend to be Japanese, you shouldn’t have turned around when I called out, 'excuse me."

Yuri apologizes, in Japanese, and tries to leave, but Victoria won’t let her go.

Yuri explains that she wasn’t laughing at her. She just was feeling a sense of camaraderie, because she wasn’t the only one not receiving a welcome here. This jabs at Victoria.

Ken paddles while his body double surfs. 

Yuri is at the beach too, and looks at all the well-endowed ladies. She peek underneath her own shirt. "Is it because we eat different things?"

 Ken won’t be partying tonight because he has to do some thinking.

Yuri  has arrived at the address her sister is supposed to be living in, but a strange woman answers the door. There is English and Korean flying between the two until Sooyoung’s boyfriend comes to the door and recognizes it’s Yuri.

Inside the boyfriend’s house, Yuri learns that her sister lied about everything. Her boyfriend, her school, her life in the U.S. Yuri demands to know where the crazy witch is.

Ken is writing at the beach diner. Sooyoung comes over with coffee and asks what he writes everyday. Ken tells her it’s homework. An essay.

Sooyoung comments, "You don’t look like you would do homework."

Ken: "That’s why I do it. It’s a type of rebellion."

Sooyoung asks, "Against who? Your teacher?" Ken doesn’t answer but just thanks her for the coffee.

Ken writes, "When I am writing an essay, I think that I am thinking. The thinking that my brother told me not to do."

Further, Kim Ian is in a meeting at the Jeguk Group building. The new premium mall is not making money, and the guy presenting is suggesting that they advertise more. The mall’s target demographic- the top 10% of society- is not easy to approach. Someone else suggest that they should broaden their target to families, to which Ken shuts down with "Then we should have gone for a theme park."

Ian wants to know who got the report about the loss in profits, beside the guy in the gray suit. Yoon Jae Ho Min-hyuk's Dad, who has been quietly doodling away all this time, speaks up. The CEO got the report too.

Ian: "So the CEO who is at home knew about my incompetency a week before, but I didn’t know about it when I come to work everyday."

Ian asks Secretary Yoon, "Can’t my incompetency be known only to me or at least only inside the office."

Min-hyuk's Dad smiles as he replies, "If I had delivered the report, than the CEO would have been sitting here right now."

Ian looks around, "It seems like he is sitting here. How many eyes and ears of the CEO are sitting here in this room?"

Min-hyuk's Dad says, "The CEO said to be good to your supervisor rather than the landowner."

Ian glares at Secretary Yoon. He lists all the positions below him and asks Min-hyuk's Dad until which position he thinks is the level of supervisor.

Min-hyuk's Dad answers, looking straight at Ian, "What do you do think as the landowner?" 

Ken is looking out from the diner, and he sees Yuri starting into the building with her suitcase in hand. He notices her eyes following Sooyoung, and both he and Yuri see that Sooyoung isn’t really treated like a lady.

Ken turns back to Yuri and see her eyes are filled with tears. He takes a sip of his iced coffee. His face is a mixture of curiosity and interest, but it isn’t sympathy yet. Yet, he can’t take his eyes off her.

Sooyoung comes over to pour Ken more coffee and notices where he is looking. Her younger sister, staring at her with tears streaming down her face, trembling in anger and disappointment.

Sooyoung rushes out, and Yuri turns away. She doesn’t like that fact that her sister caught her crying. Sooyoung asks Yuri, "Why are you here? What about mom?"

Yuri can’t believe her sister’s audacity. How can she even ask about mom?

Sooyoung looks slightly embarrassed. She tells her sister she should have called. Yuri retorts, "If I did, would you have shown me something different?"

Yuri yells at her sister for the lies, but all Sooyoung is thinking about is the money. She grabs Yuri’s suitcase and starts digging through it for the money.

Yuri can’t believe her eyes. "I wanted to live off you a bit after abandoning mom, but I am getting punished for that now."

Sooyoung can’t hear what her sister is saying, looking for the money. Yuri sees her mother’s notepad fall out of the suitcase, which prompts her to grab Sooyoung.

"Life really . You were my dream. My last hope. I settled to a life that assigns people to those who have and those who don’t and decided to I will just go to a junior college. Why? Because mom and I have to eat until you return."

Sooyoung is the most selfish person in the world as she just casually says, "I’m sorry. Just this once." Sooyoung continues to dig and finds the money. Yuri tries to stop her, who runs off. Yuri can’t keep chasing her because all her belongings are still in the floor. Yuri wails, "Unnie, let me go with you!"

Ken's friend Jay and his loud voice return and Ken motions for him to be quiet. You and me, brother, you and me. Jay sees Yuri and the bag of powder. He mistakes it for drugs, and before Ken can snap out of it, Jay has stolen the powder from Yuri.

Jay runs into a volleyball net and falls on his back, despite nothing in his head to pull him down. In the ensuing struggle with Yuri, the bag rips open, and Jay it up. Jay starts to choke, having an allergic reaction. Ken runs over and tells Yuri to call 911, but Yuri does not have a cellphone.

Ken and Yuri are at the hospital, and it seems Jay will be okay. Yuri explains it was powdered grains and beans, and Ken sharply replies that he knows. Yuri and Ken bicker, of course, because Ken is annoyed and Yuri can’t believe he is blaming her for this. 

Ken has left to fill out form, and a cop walks over to  Yuri. The powder is in an evidence bag. 

Outside the hospital, Yuri tries to explain to the cop that the powder is not drugs. Still, the cop replies, they are going to have to test it. The cop wants her ID, and to know she is not here illegally. 

“It’s okay, baby!”

Ken looks at her with a flicker of sympathy.

Ken is lying that Yuri is his girlfriend until he sees the cops face. Uh oh, these two have run into each other before. Tan doesn’t have a good reputation here, and the cop knows it. Things just got more complicated. Yuri’s passport is taken until the results are back.

Yuri is questioning Ken about the situation when he notices that she is speaking banmal, or informally, to him. Yuri asks, "Doesn’t everyone in America speak banmal, anyway?" And besides, she saw Jay’s birthdate on the medical chart, and since he is Jay’s friend, and she is the same age as Jay, he must be the same age as her too. Ken clears his throat.

He wants to know where she is staying so he can contact her since she doesn’t have a phone. Yuri asks to borrow his hand…, no, cellphone. She will pay him for the time. She’s going to call her sister.

Ken doesn’t think she will answer the call, and Yuri realizes he saw everything. She asks him to drive her home on his way home; she’ll pay!

Ken wonders why she keeps trying to solve everything with money. "Do you have a lot of money?"

Yuri softly answers, "I’m afraid you might just leave. Please, I am asking you a favor."

Ken drives Yuri back to her sister’s place. She tells him she will call him three times a day; pick up if the passport has been returned, or don’t pick up if there is passport yet." She thanks him for the ride, and it pricks him just a little that he is being such so sharp with her.

He doesn’t drive away immediately and watches Yuri knocking at the empty, dark house. He gets out of the car. "It seems like no one is home."

Yuri tries to keep a brave face. "She’ll come."

Ken reminds her of how dangerous the streets can be in the U.S. and that her sister ran away after stealing money from her.

Yuri looks away, "She’ll come." 

Ken drives away after saying, "Fine. Then just wait."

Yuri sits on the stairway when a group of guys walk past, hitting on her. Fortunately, they aren’t really dangerous, but Yuri is scared now and starts to walk away.

At the moment, we hear the sound of engines roaring and Ken drives right up next to Yuri. "Do you want to go to my house?"

Preview for Episode Two

Yuri: Are you a drug dealer?

Ken: Do you still have two kidneys?

Ian: I don’t have a mother in this house.

Madam Han: Say ahjumma to ahjumma, the ahjumma who raised you.

Yuri: Then, goodbye.

Ken: Where you are going to go? Then, just stay!

Tae-joon: Just break up and date Taemin.

Soo-jung: Are you crazy?

Taemin: Why do have to react so strongly? You!!! ….I don’t hate you.

Madam Han: I need to know too, since they are going to be my son’s in-laws.

Real Mom of Ken & Ian: What a fool. As long as I am here, you will be my husband’s live in girlfriend until he dies.

Yuri: Who are you?

Victoria: The house owner’s fiance.

Yuri: I had a situation and stayed over one night.

Victtoria: You slept here?

Ken: Are you crying?

Yuri: What kind of life has no surprise?

Soo-jung: Can you not be interested in me?

Tae-joon: I can’t stop myself. You’re so pretty.

Yuri: Here’s the money for the stay.

Ken: What is this?

Yuri: It’s a dream catcher. They say only pretty dreams come through that hole.

Ken: How about pretty ladies?