Chapter 5

Mr. Bipolar

It was shocking for me to find out L’s feelings last night. How do I feel? Do I like him too? “No no no, get over yourself Lee Boyoung.” I said to myself. This was all happening too fast for me and I believe that feelings needs to be developed. I reassured myself once again and headed to school.

 

Minhyuk called in sick today so I walked to school by myself. I was fine with it and just hoped Minhyuk would get better soon. I sat down on my seat and realized Myungsoo wasn’t here either. I couldn’t help but feel kinda bummed. Is Myungsoo sick too?

My thoughts were disrupted when I saw a tall, good looking guy walk into our classroom. He had a smile that could melt any girl’s heart, and thick eyebrows that stood out the most.

 

“Good morning class, as you can see, we have another new transfer student! Please introduce yourself to the class.” Mr. Jang announced.

 

“Hello, my name is Lee Howon. But you guys can call me Hoya.” Howon smiled.

 

“Oh my gosh, he is so hot. I’m totes gonna get his attention.” I hear a girl whisper.

 

“Howon-sshi, please sit behind Lee Boyoung over there by the window.” Mr Jang said.

 

It was lunchtime, as I was starting to head out, I heard a voice calling me.

 

“Hey Boyoung! Mind if I go with you?” Howon asked.

 

“Yeah, of course! Howon right?”

 

“Please, just call me Hoya.”

 

“Sure!” I smiled

 

Hoya and I sat down at lunch together. We got along pretty well, and I got to learn more about Howon and found out about his passion for dancing.

 

“Wow, you dance?” I gasped

 

“Yeah, it’s more of a hobby that I do.” Hoya replied.

 

“That’s really cool, I tried dancing but I guess it wasn’t really for me. ” I said.

 

“It’s okay, do you want to come by the dance studio sometime? I spend most of my time there, and I can teach you some moves if you want.” Hoya suggested.

 

“Really? That sounds cool.” I laughed out.

At the end of school, we managed to exchange our Kakaos.

 

“Yeah, so I’ll see you later?” I said while waving to Hoya.

 

“I’ll text you!” Hoya said, and we went our separate ways.

 

Hoya seems like a great guy… but I wonder why Myungsoo was absent today... I thought as I was riding the bus alone.

 

Suddenly, I got a message on Kakao from L.

 

I need you.- The text read.

 

What’s wrong? Where are you?- I replied

L wasn’t replying and for some reason I got really worried. I got L’s phone number from one of his friends. I tried calling him but he wouldn’t pick up. After a several more calls he finally picked up.

 

“Hello? Boyoung?” L said with a hoarse voice.

 

“Are you sick?” I asked

 

“Yeah I’m fine, it’s just a little fever.” L coughed a little.

 

“Did you go to the hospital yet?” I asked

 

“Not yet-”

 

“Where are you? I’ll come over.” I cut him off.

 

“I’m at home…”

 

“Text me your address.” I said.

Before L could say anything, I already hung up the phone.

 

I made my way to Myungsoo’s apartment.

 

Ding dong

 

“Hey, you came.” L said. Myungsoo was in his pajamas and his hair was all over the place. His face was pale and he looks like he haven’t slept for days.

 

“Yeah, I came. And you look awful.” I said jokingly

 

I looked around L’s apartment. His apartment was not large, but it was nice and clean. I soon found out that he moved out by himself, so he doesn’t live with his parents.

 

“Go sleep, I’ll make you some food.” I said

 

I walked to the kitchen and started looking for food. I opened the cabinets but it was all just ramen, ramen, and ramen.

 

I managed to find some ingredients hidden in the refrigerator and I decided to make porridge.

 

“What are you making?” L said as he looked over my shoulder.

 

“What are you doing? Go back to sleep! I’ll call you when it’s ready.” I said.

 

“But it smells so good.” L smiled showing his precious dimples.

 

I laughed. “Go back to sleep Kim Myungsoo!”

 

“Alright alright.” L said as he slugged his way back to his bedroom.

 

“Dinner’s ready! Wake up Kim Myungsoo!” I called as I placed the bowl down on the table.

 

“Wake up Kim Myungsoo!” I repeated

 

L wasn’t answering so I made my way into his bedroom.

 

“What’s taking you so long?” I asked until I realized L was still sleeping.

 

L mumbled something in his sleep. He has beads of sweat falling from his temple and his hair was drenched from the sweat. “Don’t leave me.” L mumbled

 

“Don’t worry, I’m here.” I start to get up to get a towel when I felt a hand on my wrist.

 

“Stay.” L said in a desperate voice.

 

“I’m staying.” I assured him. “I’m going to get a towel.”

 

As I came back, L was already sound asleep. I touched his forehead again and it was still burning hot. I placed a wet towel on his forehead and suddenly, he grabbed my hand softly.

 

“L, go back to sleep!” I said worriedly.

 

“If I do, will you promise to stay here until I go to sleep?” L asked.

 

“FIne, I’ll stay for a while.” I sighed out.

 

L went to sleep and I got a pen and wrote on his arm: When you wake up, don’t forget to eat the porridge I made you! Fighting!

 

I didn’t see any medicine in his house… Maybe I should buy him some before I leave… I thought.

 

I left L’s house and walked to the nearest pharmacy near his house. I got some medicine from the pharmacy and I walked out. As I walked out, I saw a shiny black car with a familiar figure in it.

 

“Is that you, Boyoung?” Hoya asked inside the car.

 

“Yea, hi, Hoya!I didn’t know you had a car.” I said as I was amused.

 

“Yup! It’s brand new. What are you doing out here so late at night?” Hoya asked suspiciously.

 

“I could be asking you the same thing, Hoya!” I yelled.

 

“Well, I was just taking my new car for a test drive.” Hoya smirked.

 

“Well… I was just buying medicine for my friend.” I frantically said.

 

“Who? Does she go to our school?” Hoya asked.

 

“Uh, yea, he goes to our school…” I answered quietly.

 

“He?” Hoya said seriously.

 

“Um… yea…” I said nervously.

 

“And you’re going to his house this late at night? I’m coming with you.” Hoya said as he opened the door in the front seat for me to get in.

 

“No, it’s ok… He’s probably sleeping anyway…” I answered.

 

“You gonna get in the car or what? I’ll drive you there fast.” Hoya smirked.

 

I sighed and I sat in the front seat next to him. It was a quiet drive. It was really awkward.

 

“This is where he lives.”I said as I pointed to the apartment.

 

“I’ll just drop it off and come right back!” I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt.

 

“No, I’m coming with you.” Hoya said as he got out of his car.

 

“It’s okay, it’ll just take a minute.” I said

 

Hoya sighed and he walked back into his car. “I’ll wait for you here then.”

 

I dropped off his medicine and started to write another note.

 

Don’t forget to eat this too. >:) You’re welcome.

I smiled to myself as I placed the note on the table next to the other note I made.

 

I ran back downstairs realizing Hoya was still waiting for me.

 

“Sorry, I took really long right?” I said apologetically.

 

“Haha, it’s fine. Get in.” Hoya laughed

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Thank you for the ride.” I smiled as I got off his car.

 

“No problem, so I’ll see you around?”

 

“Yep, bye Hoya! Thank you!” I stood there as I watched him drove off.