Chapter 3

Mr. Bipolar

Boyoung’s POV

“Why aren’t you saying anything?” Minhyuk asked as we were walking to the school.

“I really do not want to talk about what happened yesterday.” I sighed.

“Is it because I left you at the party yesterday? Because I’m really sorry that I left you. Did you check your Kakao, I sent like 50 messages saying that I’m really sorry.” Minhyuk said sincerely.

“Yes, I saw the 50 messages on Kakao!And I also replied and said that I forgave.” I laughed out.

“Then what are you feeling down about?” Minhyuk asked.

“It’s nothing.I just want to forget about yesterday.” I sighed heavily.

 

As Minhyuk and I got to school, I saw Hani sitting on my seat next to L, giggling.

L was right, Hani did come back to him…

 

“Alright class, everyone back to their own seats, that means you, Hani.” Mr.Jang said.

Hani got up from my seat and glared at me.

“I just wanted to say thank you again for yesterday.” I whispered to L as class had already started.

“I said it was no problem, as you can see, nothing has changed between Hani and I.” L replied back.

“Hey, you two. Stop talking.” Mr Jang glared.

“Sorry, Mr. Jang.” I murmured.

From the corner of my eye, all I could see was Hani’s icy glare on me.

___________________________________________________________________

School has ended, as I was getting ready to walk to the bus stop, rain started to suddenly pour over me. Minhyuk couldn’t walk me today either because of his dumb basketball team, leaving me to ride the bus home alone. As I was walking towards the bus stop, I saw Myungsoo with Hani.

 

“Oppa, can I come to your house today? I have nothing to do.” Hani whined.

I rolled my eyes, and continued standing there to wait for the bus.

“No, I’m busy today.” L said.

“But oppaaaaaaaa pleaseeee.” Hani begged

“Oh hi Boyoung.” L said.

I looked at Myungsoo in a weird way as I didn’t know what was happening.

“Uh.. hi?” I said

“Remember the thing that we have to do today?” L said.

“What?” I asked confusingly.

“Sorry Hani, I have something to do with Boyoung today, see you tomorrow!” L said as he grabbed me by the wrist. As we got on the bus, I shook my wrist off of L.

“What are you doing?” I asked irritatingly.

“Sorry, you really helped me back there.” L said

“Wh-what?” I said, still really confused.

“Have you eaten yet? I’m really hungry.” L said

“No, but--”

“Let’s go eat ddeokbokki.” L said.

___________________________________________________________________

When we got off the bus, the rain has already stopped. We walked to the ddeokbokki shop, to be greeted by this friendly lady.

“Omo-ya! It’s Myungsoo! This time you brought your girlfriend with you! What can I get for you? The usual?”

“Haha, no we’re not like that, and yes please!” L said. He seemed different than in school, he looked happier.

“Boyoung, what will you have?” L asked.

“I’ll have the same as you.” I said.

“Ok! I’ll be right back with your food!” The ajumma said

“You come here often?” I asked Myungsoo

“Well, I used to but not as much anymore.” L sighed

“Oh I see..” I said

The ajumma came back with two plates of ddeokbokki in her hands.

“Wow, it looks delicious.” I said

“It is delicious.” L laughed as he started to pick up the ddeokbokki and started to eat

“Thank you, today was nice. I got to see a different side of you.” I said as I shoved a ddeokbokki in my mouth.

“You didn’t think that I looked like the type who’s nice?” L smirked.

“To tell you the truth, yea. You sort of looked arrogant.” I replied.

L laughed from my answer. After a few minutes of just eating, I decided to ask him a question.

“Um… Why did u decide to date Hani?” I asked while suddenly regretting it.

“Why are you asking?” L said.

“I was just wondering… because it doesn’t seem like you like her as much as she likes you.” I said.

L didn’t say anything.

It’s so awkward now… what should I say?

“Never mind, just pretend I didn’t say anything. Sorry. You don’t have to walk me home. I’ll just go by myself.”I said feeling bad about what I said.

I left L and I started walking by myself towards my house. As I was walking close to my house, I saw a group of guys screaming and yelling at each other. I tried to ignore them and keep making my way when suddenly, one of the boys suddenly grabbed my arm.

“Where are you going beautiful?” one of the boys said.

“Let go of me!” I screamed at him as I tried to take his hand off of me.

“How could I let such a beautiful lady like you get away?” He snickered as he started to lean towards me.

“People like you disgust me!” I yelled as I tried to back away from him.

“What are you doing? Let go of her.” a familiar voice said.

“Myungsoo?” I said as he held on to my hand and put me behind him.

“Close your eyes.” L said.

I closed my eyes and I could hear groans coming from the guys.

“You can open your eyes now.” L said.

As I opened my eyes, I could see all the guys on the floor knocked out. As I turned to face L, I could see a cut on his cheek.

“Oh my gosh, Myungsoo you’re hurt.” I said as I reached for his cheek.

L backed up a little due to the sudden touch.

“It’s no big deal. It’s just a cut.” L said.

“No, I’ll treat it for you. It’s my fault that you got hurt in the first place.” I said  worried.

I lead L into my house “Just have a seat.” I said

“I’m fine, really.” L said.

“No it’s not, you can get a scar from this if you don’t treat it.” I said as I go to grab the first aid kit.

I got out the antibiotic cream, a cotton, pad, and a bandaid.

I put the cream on the cotton pad and was ready to rub it on his cut.

“This might sting a bit.” I said as I put the medicine on his cut.

L winced as I applied the medicine.

“So, how did you learn to knock out guys like that?” I asked as I was done applying the medicine on him.

“My dad made me take taekwondo and judo lessons since I was little.”L replied

“No wonder you knocked all those guys out. What you did out there for me was incredible and I really want to say thank you for helping me out.” I said sincerely as our eyes met.

My heart started to pound really fast for some reason at that moment. I looked into his eyes, and found myself immersed into his dark brown orbs once again like I did in the first day of school.

As our eyes met, Myungsoo then put his hand behind me head and pulled my head closer to his. Suddenly, his soft lips touched mine. Deep down my mind was telling me to stop but my body didn’t want to. The kiss was soft, and it was not forceful. Our kiss was broken by the ringing of L’s phone. L took his hands off me and took out his phone from his pocket.

“It’s Hani.. I need to take this.” L said

“Oh.” I bluntly replied.

“Thanks for the band-aid.” He mouthed to me as he left my house.

“No problem.” I mouthed back as I waved.

As he left, I could feel the heat radiating from my cheeks.

Did that kiss really just happened?

I went back to my room and I started to think about what just happened.

Boy, tomorrow is going to be another long day.