Movement

What If...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Movement

A month and a half later, one Sunday afternoon…

            “You’re getting dirt on the rug.  You should take off your shoes as you come into the apartment,” Ryeowook grumbled, watching as Changmin and Kyuhyun carried in Kyuhyun’s massive entertainment center into the apartment.      

            Changmin’s usually happy demeanor suddenly changed and he glared over at the little pregnant professor, ready to tell him off.  They’d been doing all the hard work, moving Kyuhyun’s belongings into Ryeowook’s apartment, while Ryeowook just told them where to put everything and criticized how they were going about it.  But before he could open his mouth to speak, Kyuhyun glanced his way and frantically shook his head.

            “Don’t respond to that!” he whispered.  “It’s a trick.”

            “What’s a trick?” Changmin demanded, still in a foul mood.  The entertainment center was damn heavy.

            “He’s hormonal right now.  If you start a fight with him, you’ll regret it.  If he thinks he’s losing, he’ll start crying and then you’ll really feel like an ,” Kyuhyun warned.  “It’s not worth it!”

            Changmin rolled his eyes.

            “I’ll clean the floor when we’re done,” Kyuhyun offered his lover, setting the furniture down along the wall. 

            Ryeowook walked over to his boyfriend, frowning.  “You don’t even know how to clean floors properly, which is why I’ve had to help you clean your apartment before you move out of it.  So nasty!  And don’t you think this should be a little further over to the right?”

            “Are you sure we should even move it in at all?” Changmin questioned.

            “Well, it doesn’t go with the living room set perfectly, but my own entertainment center is too small to fit all of Kyuhyun’s gaming systems,” Ryeowook said, looking it over. 

            “What I actually meant was—”

            Kyuhyun threw his hat at Changmin.  “Back off!  He’s not always like this.  I’m not making a mistake.  Quit implying I’d be better off not moving.”

            Ryeowook looked startled by the turn in the conversation and gently held onto Kyuhyun’s arm.  “What are you talking about?” Ryeowook questioned, his voice trembling.

            “I’m not taking my shoes off while I’m carrying up heavy furniture, I’m not moving the same box five times because you can’t decide which room you want it in, and I don’t want to hear you whining anymore about how Kyu’s furniture doesn’t match yours.  He wasn’t even dating you when he bought it.  Of course it’s not going to match!” Changmin cried out, finally blowing his top and walked out the door. 

            Ryeowook stared at the doorway for a long time.  Then he looked up at Kyuhyun, his eyes swimming.  “I’m sorry.”

            Somehow, instead of feeling as angry at his lover as Changmin was, Kyuhyun found Ryeowook’s mood swings oddly endearing.  This was probably because Ryeowook was pregnant with his child.  No one else seemed as tolerant of the mood swings aside from Eunhyuk and Sungmin, who’d both dealt with them before from their own significant others.  They were the only ones that wanted to spend any significant time with the couple, now that Ryeowook was starting to really show some signs of being pregnant. 

            “It’s okay, Ryeong,” Kyuhyun said, kissing his forehead.  “This is all very disruptive to your usual way of life, so it will take some adjusting to.  You’ve been a little cranky…but I probably would be under your circumstances as well.”

            “Please tell Changmin I didn’t mean to make him mad…and he doesn’t need to take his shoes off when he’s carrying up furniture.”

            “I will.”

            “But I would still like the entertainment center a little more to the right.”

            Kyuhyun couldn’t help it.  He started laughing and Ryeowook looked up at him, his brows furrowed and a frown on his lips.  “What now?”

            “Nothing,” he said, bending down to kiss those frowning lips.  “I just love you, that’s all.  The next six months are going to be very interesting.”

            “The next six months are going to be very long,” Ryeowook whined, walking back to the bedroom to unpack more of Kyuhyun’s clothes. 

            “Yes,” Kyuhyun said to himself when Ryeowook was safely out of earshot.  “Yes, they will!”

            Kyuhyun rushed down the flights of stairs and walked over to where they’d parked the moving truck.  Kyuhyun wasn’t taking everything with him.  He’d given most of his furniture away or sold it since Ryeowook refused to part with his.  Admittedly, it was much nicer.  The only big furniture was a desk, a couple bookshelves, the entertainment center, a dresser drawer, and a multitude of boxes containing Kyuhyun’s clothes, books, games, and other collectibles.  Ryeowook had agreed to let Kyuhyun take over his guest room, for the moment, as a study so that he could set up work.  He’d been contacted by a couple of his former clients who didn’t want to work with anyone else for their online advertising, so Kyuhyun decided to start his own business to see how it would fair.  If it worked well, he could either rent an office once the baby came or they could move into a larger apartment. 

            So far, even just with a couple clients, he was making enough to pay some of the bills.  If he collected a few more, he would soon be making what he made when he worked for his old company and that made him feel a lot better about being forced to resign.  Now he worked for himself and could dictate his own workplace rules.  He could even work around Ryeowook’s doctor’s appointments.

            Kyuhyun jumped into the truck.  Changmin was sitting on the desk, playing with his phone.  “Ryeowook apologizes for being y.  You know he really can’t help it though.  Men aren’t supposed to be able to get pregnant, so the hormone imbalances are even more severe with him than they would be with a woman…and Sungmin tells me horror stories of what Saeun was like when she was pregnant.  It actually sounds like I’ve had it easy so far.”

            “I know.  I’m sorry I blew up at your boyfriend.  I’m a little moody today myself,” he said, jumping off the desk and walking over to the side of it to lift it up. 

            “What’s bothering you?”

            “This new woman started working at my place last week.”

            “Is she giving you a hard time or something?” Kyuhyun asked, lifting the other end of the desk.

            “No,” Changmin admitted, walking forwards with the desk.  “It’s just…I think…I like her.”

            Kyuhyun stopped walking in surprise and Changmin ran into him with the table.  “Ow!”

            “Why’d you stop?” Changmin asked. 

            “You already have a girlfriend,” Kyuhyun pointed out.

            Changmin nodded.  “I know…but she’s been acting kind of distant and this new coworker of mine…Kyu, she’s this pretty little woman with this sweet personality.  I’m…I’m attracted to her.  What if I’m with the wrong person?”

            Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders. 

            Changmin gave him a foul look.  “You’re a lot of help!”

            Kyuhyun set down his end of the desk.  “Well, which one of them makes you feel complete?  I feel as if I’ve found everything I was looking for and more with Ryeowook.”

            Changmin shook his head.  “I used to think that way about my girlfriend, but then she’s gotten to be so busy with work and all her other social obligations, I feel as if I rarely get to see her.  Meanwhile, this girl at work seems interested in m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter