IV : Closer

When I Found You

Is that really me?!" Yein exclaimed as she watched herself in one of Lovelyz's live performances in Jungkook's phone. "Wah, I am so pretty with that dress." She suddenly heard Jungkook cracking up by her side. She glared at him. "What?" she questions. The boy shook his head gently. "Nothing"

      Yein decided to ignore him and proceed with watching herself.

      Jungkook watched Yein's expression. He noticed that the girl beside him had become more merrier ever since she returned to him. I wonder what happened in the hospital, he thought.

     Catching both off guard, Namjoon entered the room. He was ignoring Jungkook because he was going to get his cap from his dresser until he heard a familiar song. "Ya, that's Lovelyz's song." Namjoon turned to Jungkook because he heard it coming from the maknae's phone. "Really Jungkook? Lovelyz?" Namjoon questioned, eyeing him suspiciously.

     "What? I like this song." Jungkook excused.

     "The songs you like are not any of Lovelyz's songs." Namjoon retorted, crossing his arms. "Jungkook, don't tell me...."

     "Tell you what?"

     Namjoon shook his head and decided to ignore Jungkook. "Nothing, nevermind." he took his cap from his dresser and left the room.

     "Okay, you gotta stop watching yourself. Rapmon hyung is suspecting." Jungkook closed the video and shoved his phone back inside his pocket. Yein pouted and looked around his room. "Wah, you guys are really messy." she commented. "If I can only touch stuff, I would clean your room."

      Jungkook blushed a bit, embarrassed of Yein's comment.

     "Then you can just go back to the hospital if you're not comfortable with the environment." hearing this, Yein gasped and turned to him with an offended expression. "Are you asking me to leave?" she sadly asked.

     Jungkook looked away because he can still feel the heat in raging in his cheeks. He sure was embarrassed.

     "Of course, not." he answered. "I'm just a concerned friend."

     "Suuuure."

     Yein stood up and walked towards Jungkook's dresser. She looked at herself in the mirror. She has no make up. Her hair was falling naturally up to her chest. She is wearing a navy blue hoodie and jeans. "So what are we gonna do now Kookie?"

     Jungkook tried to think of something that they can do without his hyungs being suspicious of his actions.

     "Ya, can I sleep on your bed again?" she asked, taking him back to reality. "No."

     "Where will I sleep then?" she faced him and pouted.

     "In the living room."

     "But it's sad and cold there."

     "Can a ghost even feel temperature?"

     "Well....no, but it will be so lonely that it will be cold."

     "You're not making any sense. I don't get you."

     "I know, I don't get me either."

     They both stared at each other before bursting into laughter. "You're actually weird compared to your image." Jungkook commented before getting off from his bed to approach Yein. "Well, unlike you, you no longer have any image." Yein laughed at what she said and shook her head in disapproval. 

     She heard Jungkook chuckling behind her, making her turn. "Yah, I know what we can do tonight before sleeping." He told her with a smile. He can see her eyes began sparkling. "Really? What is it?" she questioned happily, bringing her hands to a clasp under her chin.

     "Follow me then."

"Wahhhhhhhh!" she exclaimed in awe. She looked around the unfamiliar place. Lights and buildings of different sizes and shapes were visible under the dark but starry sky. The full moon was smiling down at them from behind the clouds.

     They were in the building's rooftop.

     "How come I didn't explore this part of the building when I first came here?" She happily skipped around the large space of the building. Jungkook watched her and settled on the bench located at the center of the rooftop. "You ask me?" he questions.

     Yein approached him and sat down as well.

     "It's so breathtaking in here Jeon." she told him honestly, staring at the starry sky. Somehow she felt relaxed.

     "I know right? This is where I stay if I wanted to think and relax." he replied, looking up as well.

      It became silent for a while because the two were occupied with star gazing.

     "Ya, Kookie-ah." she called, breaking the silence. "Mm?"

     "What do you do in BTS?" she questioned, turning to Jungkook.

     "Huh?"

     "I mean, what is your position in BTS?"

     "Ahh, I'm the maknae. I'm in charge of vocals and dance. They let me rap sometimes, too."

     "Woah, that's a lot." she said. "So you're talented?"

     "I guess?" Jungkook looked down, blushing.

     "Yaaaahhhh! You're blushing, so amazing!" Yein stood up and pointed at Jungkook. She jumped in glee upon witnessing Jungkook becoming red.

     Jungkook hid his face on his palms. "Yah, what is this Jeon?!" she questioned in a raised tone. "I was just complimenting you!"

     "Aye stop it, sit down Yein." He laughed and gestured her to sit down. Thankfully, Yein obliged and sat down, but she was still smiling in a teasing manner. "Aigoo Kookieee~" she began poking his cheek.

     "Stooop" he whined and glared at her. She pressed in a thin line to suppress herself from teasing Jungkook more. "Sorry" she muttered.

     "But Jeon," she began. "Can you sing? Like right now? Hehe..."

     Jungkook smiled and looked down. "What song?"

     Yein scoffed and rolled her eyes, making him glance at her. "How am I suppose to know? I lost my memories Jeon."  she told him.

     "Oh, right" he says quietly and placed his hand on his nape. He began thinking of songs that he could sing.

     Finally, he decided to settle on one of his upcoming song covers, Nothing Like Us by Justin Bieber.

    "Oh, I have one." he told her. Yein faced him enthusiatically. "Okay okay, sing hooman." Jungkook laughed at her remark.

    Without any further ado, he began singing. "Ohhh ohhh~"

    "Can't help but thinking, thinking 'bout what we had. I know it was hard, it was all that we knew, yeah..."

     Yein watched and listened Jungkook singing in admiration. He's so cool, she thought. Suddenly different from the Kookie that I know.

    "'Cause nothing can ever, ever replace you~ Nothing can make me feel like you do~ yeah..."

    Now that she was engrossed in watching and listening to him, she can't help but notice how handsome he was. He had a fair skin tone, his eyes had dark but soft round orbs. Though they were dark, they were still beautiful as they twinkled like the stars above them when he looks at her, his nose was well-shaped and his lips,

     She stared at his lips that was moving as he was singing his heart out.

     They were pink and kissable.

     Jungkook then looked at her with the chorus of the song incoming. He smiled at her.

     "There's nothing like us~ there's nothing like you and me...together through the storm..."

     She suddenly furrowed her eye brows when she realized she understood that part even though it was in a different language.

     Nothing like us, she thought.

     She blushed when a thought of Jungkook and her together suddenly together crossed her mind. Nothing like us.

      Aye, what am I thinking?

     "There's nothing like us~ there's nothing like you and me...together...." he then finished with that last line, making Yein clap her hands. "Waahhhh Jeon so coool!" she exclaimed.

     Jungkook looked down once again and laughed. To him, everything was really different when it comes from Yein.

     "Woo! Hooray for us! Because there's nothing like us!" she cheered and clapped some more.

     Jungkook immediately looked at her. She she stopped clapping and widened her eyes when she realized what she said.

     "What did you say?" he asked, smiling playfully at Yein. "Did I hear it right? Because there's nothing like us?" he teased. Yein looked away and thought of an excuse.

     "I-I meant the s-song!" she defended but failing miserably because she stuttered.

     "You tried." Jungkook said and laughed. Yein faced him.

     "I didn't! I meant the song!" she said. Jungkook only laughed more when he witnessed Yein's face. It was red.

     "Yah, why are you blushing?!" he bursted out, laughing again. "Yah Jung Yein, what were you thingking? Eo?"

     "I wasn't thinking of anything!" Yein defended, hiding her cheeks from Jungkook. She stood up and decided to leave Jungkook laughing his off on the bench. "Aish, I'm gonna go and sleep on your bed tonight!" and with that, she marched towards the door of the rooftop.

    Jungkook began calming down. Now he's only left with a smile. "She's so cute when she blush." he muttered.

    He stood up from the bench and walked towards the door of the rooftop with a single thought in mind,

    What if there was really an us?

 

"I believe I still didn't allow you to sleep on my bed?" Jungkook says as the sight of Yein lying down on his bed welcomed him when he entered. Yein sat up and pouted. "But I told you! It's lonely outside." she whined. Jungkook chuckled and sat beside her.

     "And besides, you already slept beside me once!"

     "I had no idea that you slept beside me!"

     "But Kookie~"

     "No, don't go Kookie all over me. It's not gonna work."

     Yein gave him a sad pout before standing up lazily. "Okay, I guess I'll sleep outside then." She said and walked to the door. "But I am telling you, if i can't take the loneliness outside, I might leave." she sort of warned and opened the door.

     Jungkook smiled at the sight of Yein sulking. "Aish, come here." he told her softly. "You're a drama queen." he added, though he knows it himself that he just didn't want Yein to leave again.

     Yein's face immediately brightened. She ran towards Jungkook's bed and dived in. "I knew it! You can't resist meh~" Yein cooed before lying down comfortably ahead of Jungkook. The other one sighed and lied down as well.

      Yein giggled and turned to Jungkook who was already facing her. "Goodnight Kookie. Hehe." she says with a grin.

      "Goodnight Jung Yein."

       The both slowly drifted to sleep with smiles on their faces.


OMG GUYS HELLO ITS BEEN A WHILE IM SO SO SORRY I UPDATE SO SLOWLY
 
I was so busy with work that kjdshd I thought would be over but no
 
Anyways, I'll still try my best thooo. And and I have to tell you guys that I update once a week so yeah it's not really fast huhu
 
Again, thanks for stopping by! 15 subs omg thank u guys ur da best huehue