III : Reunited

When I Found You

It has been nearly a week after I left Yein's ghost in the hospital. I wonder if she already figured out how to return to her body. I honestly can't stop thinking about how she's doing in the hospital.

     Of course she's doing okay Jungkook, she can figure it out herself. Why do you have to be so concerned anyway?

     I remembered how helpless she looked when she cried in front of me in my room and at that time, something inside me wanted to comfort her. To tell her that everything's okay.

     I wanted to hug her so she can just cry on my shoulder while I try to shush her.

     Hug her? Why would you hug and comfort a girl? That's not like you at all Jungkook.

     I used to be awkward around girls, and I still do. That's why I have no experience comforting any girls. All I know is converse with my fans and hold their hands if they want to in fansigning events. I got used to it after some time.

     Besides that, I don't know anymore.

     But Yein, I wanted to hold her in my arms, it's crazy.

     I stared at the soaked streets of Seoul from our living room's window. It started raining around ten in the morning.

     I watched the gloomy scene outside my window with Yein completely filling my thoughts.

     Stop thinking about her. She can do it by herself. Why are you softening already? It's just Yein from Lovelyz. She is just like any other girls from girl groups you see when you promote your albums. How come she's making an unknown difference to you?

      What the hell is wrong with me? Why does she have this effect on me when I met her a lot of times already? She just appeared in my place for one night and it was even her ghost but now, why is it like this?

     You want to go to her. You still want to help her.

     I do, I really do. I've been like this for the past few days. My hyungs caught me a lot of times spacing out. They started thinking that I was only becoming more weird ever since I returned from the hospital.

     Stop Jungkook. Stay still and stop thinking of her.

      My subconscious keeps bugging me to stop thinking of her.

      But I just can't stop.

 

Yein sat helplessly on the end of the mattress, staring at her peaceful body. She wanted to cry. She tried everything she could think of to return to her body but none of them ever worked.

     "What now?" she asked herself. She couldn't think of anything else anymore. She sighed in defeat. "If I can't think of anything else, how long am I gonna wait before I can return back to my body?"

     Suddenly, Jungkook crossed her mind.

     "No, you're not gonna bother Jeon, he's peacefully spending his vacation with his hyungs." She scolded herself.

     Little did she know, she was already bothering Jungkook's thoughts.

     She sighed again and decided to lay beside her body. "I wish I could come back to you," she told her body. "So I can already meet Kookie in music shows."

     It has been days that she separated with Jungkook. She tried the best she can to return back to her body but none worked. A part of her wanted to return to Jungkook to ask for help, but another part doesn't and wants to leave Jungkook spending his vacation with his hyung.

     She can't help waiting for Jungkook to return.

     A countless times her expectation disappoints her when her members shows up from the door instead of Jungkook. Though, she was happy that her eonnis made time to visit her despite their busy schedule.

     The door of her room opened, causing her to sit up. "Oh, another member?" She whispered. Another familiar girl entered her room. Brown locks, cheeks full of chubbyness and tall. She smiled at Yein's body. "Yein-ah, still not awake?" she asks as she approached the bed.

     Yein watched her every move.

     The girl sat beside where Yein was sitting. "Yein-ah, the fans wishes you to get well soon." the girl began softly, caressing Yein's forehead. "They're worried too. You must be sad by yourself here, aigoo." she just chuckled and watched her maknae's peaceful slumber.

     Unknown to her, Yein can hear her every word.

     "You're not careful jinjja! I could have flicked your forehead." this time she laughed. Yein can't help but laugh as well. I must be a stubborn maknae, she thought. "It's eonni's fault, sorry Yein-ah." the girl looked down on her hand and held it gently like it's the most fragile thing. "If I didn't ask the manager to stop by the convenience store, none of this would have happened." she suddenly started sobbing, making Yein frown. "Sujeong eonni's really sorry and eonni really misses you. I hope you return to us soon."

     "Sujeong eonni..." Yein wanted to hold Sujeong's hand and tell her that everything's going to be okay, that she's gonna come back. "Don't cry."

     "Yein-ah, I'm really sorry." Sujeong apologizes and sobbed on Yein's hand. "Please come back..."

     "I'm gonna come back eonni, and I'm gonna remember you and the rest." Yein told Sujeong even though she knows Sujeong can't hear her. There's this feeling deep down inside her that this girl in front of her was someone that she's close to. "I'm gonna come back with my memories." Sujeong was still sobbing. "And when I'm back, were gonna be complete again in promoting our song in music shows."

     Then Jeon and I will meet in music shows too.

 

"Jeon Jungkook," Namjoon called the younger one. Jungkook faced his hyung. "Hyung?"

     "Sit here." Namjoon tapped the space beside him, gesturing Jungkook to sit down beside him. The maknae obliged. "Are you okay?" the leader asked only to receive furrowing brows from the maknae. "Huh?"

     "You always seemed to space out. You look like your having deep thoughts these past few days." Namjoon told him. They noticed, he thought. Was I that distracted?

     "Ahh...." Jungkook trailed, thinking of an excuse. "I-it's my friend from the hospital hyung. She really has a bad injury."

     "She?" Rapmon straightened his body and stared at Jungkook intently, suddenly interested. "Mm, just worried." the younger replied, weirded by his hyung's sudden intense start. "You have a girlfriend?"

     "Aniya, eobseo. She's just a friend." Jungkook can't help but feel his face heating up upon hearing the word 'girlfriend', especially that his hyung doesn't know that he was talking about Yein.

     "From the way I see your state, your worrying too much for 'just a friend'" Namjoon told him honestly. "I mean, have you seen yourself lately?"

     Jungkook looked down. So they really noticed? Wahh, I must really be going crazy.

     "You know, you can tell us anything." Namjoon said. Jungkook would want to but what scares him is the reaction that they're going to give him when he finally tells them what has been bothering him. "I know that hyung." he smiled at his leader. "But I'm just really worried about my friend." he assured. "Are you sure Jungkook?"

     "Yes hyung, rest assured. Thanks for the talk though." with that, he stood up. "Anyways, the rain already stoppped. I'm going to the convenience store to buy some snacks, you want anything hyung?" Namjoon stood up as well and shook his head. "I'm good, go ahead." he gave his maknae a tap on the shoulder and left him there in the living room.

     Jungkook jogged his way down the stairs, then towards the exit of the building. The convenience store was immediately in sight from across the road. He looked around. Again, Yein crossed his mind. "Why do I keep thinking of you Yein?" he muttered.

     He suddenly felt looking at his right, so he did. His heart skips a beat and he stiffens. Everything around him suddenly stops when he layed his eyes on a familiar figure running. His sight was in slow motion. "That long brown hair...."

     Yein.

     Slowly by slowly, his pace fastens towards the running figure. His heart was beating fast. 

     It has be her.

     Could no longer hold not calling her name, he stopped in his tracks and called out to the running figure. "Jung Yein!" he called loudly. He didn't care if someone is looking. All he care for is for the figure to turn around and be Yein.

     His breath stops when the figure stops running and slowly turns. He gaped. The figure looked at him with a questioning look. "It's really her." he ran towards her.

     He stopped in front of her and tried to catch his breath. "Jungkook? What are you doing?" she asked with a chuckle. "Yah pabo, you're not supposed to call my name that loud!" she whined. Jungkook looked at her. 

     It really is her.

     "Aish Jeon, luckily there weren't people walking at this hour." Yein said and chuckled again. "What are you doing here, Yein?" was what came out from his mouth, which he regretted immediately. What he really wanted to say was he's happy to see her again.

     Yein playfully placed a hand on her chest made an offended look. "I'm sorry Jeon." she laughed. Jungkook bowed his head and laughed as well. "I mean, I thought you'll be staying at the hospital?"

     "Well, as you can see, days had passed and I'm still a ghost." Yein pouted. "So I thought of bothering you for a while."

     Jungkook laughed after hearing what Yein said. "So what are we gonna do about you?" he asked. Yein just shrugged casually and looked down, as if her returning to her body wasn't so important. He can't help but laugh again. "Yah, it's your life we're talking about here." he scolded.

     "But I seriously tried everything Kookie, and look, I'm still a ghost."

     Jungkook stared at the ghost in front him and he even knew it, he was already grinning. "Then maybe we can figure something out while you bother me for a while?" Yein looked up and her expression lightened. "I can stay?!" she exclaimed. "Of course, I told you I'm still okay with helping you. I'm still the only one who can see you after all......"

     "Right?" she nodded and smiled. "Then we're good."

     They both laughed and stared at each other.

     "U-umm, let's go?" Jungkook offered his arm as he broke the eye contact. Yein laughed at Jungkook's waiting arm but she played along and tried linking her arm. "Lead the way." she says. They both lauged and walked on.

     "Yah, you know that I'm a ghost right? And that my body parts would just go through anything, even you?"

     "Let's just pretend you got your body back and we're really linking arms."

     "Eww, since when did you start learning this kind of things?"

     "And since when did you become so cheerful and talkative?" Yein playfully slapped her free hand on Jungkook's arm. Jungkook faked a pain expression, making her laugh. "Wah, you're really weird."

     "You're the one who attempted to hit me first, you're the weird one."

     They continue teasing each other as they made their way towards the building as if they were the closest of friends.


AYAYAYAYAYAYYY Hi guys. Huehueheu please forgive me hue. Sorry for the super late update. I was occupied for a while but nao everything's good. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this short update. Hihi. See you in the next chapter byeee