I : How?!

When I Found You

"Hyung," A young man, around his early twenties, called out to his older member, who was eating his very own made dish quietly. "Can you hear that?" he asked, already approaching their apartment's window. The older one stops chewing and tries to observe. Just in time he recognized the sounds coming from outside, Hoseok turned to him with a surprised expression, and he was the same. "Ambulance!" they both chorused. "Namjoon-ah! Come over here! Ppali!" Hoseok yelled from the living room.

     After a few seconds, a tall guy with a messy blonde hair got out from one of the rooms. "Why are you being so loud?!" the blonde complained but approached Hoseok anyways. "There's a lot of people outside, and there's an ambulance." Jin told him, who was now by the window with them, observing the happening few floors below them. "Should we check it out?" Hoseok asks, hinting hope in his voice. Namjoon was quiet as he watched along with Jin but it wasn't too long before he came up with a reply. He nodded. "Looks serious. We should."

 

My eyes shot open.

     My sight was blurred and I couldn't make out what was in front of me, but it soon adjusted. Beautiful faces welcomed me. They were all looking at me. Some of them were already crying and some stood up. "What did the hospital had to say, manager oppa?" one of them asks a middle aged man who looks troubled. "Calm down Soul-ah, help is on the way." He assures her with a pat on the shoulder. She nodded and ran a hand through her hair. She looks frustrated.

     I slowly sat up and to my surprise, they didn't budge. They were still looking at were my head was when I was lying down. Weird.

     I raised my right hand and waved in front of their faces. No reaction. "Umm, hello?" Okay, they can't hear me as well. What is going on, really?

     I stood up and took few steps away from them and again, to my surprise, I saw what they were looking at.

     A girl. She has blood pooling the area around her head.

     But the thing is, how was I lying down there when that girl was there as well?!

     I looked at my hands, arms, hair and what I'm wearing. They're identical to the girl's features.

     Is that me?

     Scared and confused, I fled away from the scene. Not knowing where to go, I ran to a building I don't even know. I look back, they were still there, waiting for something to happen. Waiting for help. I faced my direction again only to see guys running towards my direction. I stopped abruptly, but I was too late.

     The boys went through me before I could stop.

     Went through me.

     Okay, I am confused as hell. What was happening to me? How did I even end up here? Why was I laying down in the middle of the road? Why can't they see me? How can people get through me?

     Who am I?

     I tried to think and remember who I was while I try to process all of this.

     Nothing. Nothing's coming inside my brain. Those girls don't even look familiar.

     With tears gathering in the corners of my eyes, I ran. I entered the same building and the stairs first came to view so I made my way through the stairs. I ran and ran until I ran of breath. I stopped on a floor which I don't know if it was third or fourth. I catch my breath and wipe the tears that ran down my cheeks. What will I do now?

     I scanned the corridor. The walls are painted with beige. Nothing special. Doors were locked with those security pass code thing-ies.

     I noticed a door to my left was slightly opened while the rest was shut. I approached and peaked inside. An aroma filled my nose and it was so good it made my mouth watery.

     Without me realizing, I entered the place.

 

"Rapmon hyung- oh." Jungkook scanned his and his hyung's bedroom. No signs of him. "But he was here when I left." The young lad says, scratching the back of his neck. "Oh well." He just shrugged and closed the door.

     Slowly by slowly, his clothes were on the floor. He wrapped a towel around the lower area of his body before picking up his clothes and tossing them to the laundry basket. "Ugh, laundry basket is getting full again." He says to himself before finally going out of the room with the every intention of going to shower.

     He noticed the unusual silence of the apartment. "Bwoya? Where are the hyungs?" he scanned the whole living room. Nothing. No Hobi hyung, no Jin hyung, and no Rapmon hyung. No one.

     He sighed and proceeded to the bathroom to finally take a shower.

     Unknown to him, a stranger was already inside his apartment, her head perking to the sound of a door that just closed. She gasped. "Someone's here?" she asks herself. There's only one way to find out, she thought. Yein gave the omelet one sad, pouty look before leaving the kitchen to investigate. After all, she can't eat it.

     Now, she was back to the living room. "Now, where did the sound come from?"  she whispers as she looked around, looking for possible doors, completely forgeting everything that happened to her a few moments ago. She kept on exploring until she reached a door where she hears sounds of water running inside. She slowly leaned the side of her head, her ear sticking on the door to hear the sounds better.

     She wanted to lean more and so she did, causing her to lose her balance. Her body goes through the door.

     And as if on cue, Jungkook opens the shower curtain, revealing a stumbling female right in front of him. The female manages to balance herself and looks up. Both of their eyes widens. Realizing what the situation was, she shrieked and covered her face. "WHAT THE FU--" He immediately grabbed his towel and wrapped it around where it was supposed to be wrapped. "OKAY HOW DID YOU GET HERE?!" He angrily asked at the sudden lack of privacy.

     Yein screamed some more when what the half- boy said entered her brain. She stopped and slowly removed her hands from her face. She managed to look at the boy's face and tried to resrain herself from looking at his well-sculpted abdomen. "Y-you can see me?" she asks with hesitation. Jungkook only got more pissed when he heard her question. He decided to stare at her so she can get the answer.

     His expression immediately changed upon recognizing the girl's face. "Yein of Lovelyz?!" He exclaimed in disbelief. Yein gave him a confused look as a reply. "Did y-you just call me Yein?" she asks again. He ran a hand through his hair and glared at her. "Yes I did, that's your name! You're Yein from Lovelyz, right?!" he replied.

     Yein only became more puzzled. How come he knows me when I don't know who I am and when I don't know who he is? And how can he see me when others can't? She thought to herself, her brows furrowing.

     Before she can construct her next question, Jungkook marched out of the bathroom and knocked on V, Jimin and J-Hope's room. "V hyung! Jimin hyung!" He called while knocking on the door. After a few seconds, shuffling can be heard from inside and it didn't take too long before the door opened, revealing two males, one with brown hair and one with orange. They both looked at Jungkook with both questioning and annoyed look. "What is it Jungkook?" Jimin, the orange head, asks his younger groupmate. Jungkook turned to Yein who was coming out of the bathroom, eyeing Taehyung and Jimin. "Hyungs, look." Jungkook told them and gave Yein a look again.

     The two followed where Jungkook was looking at and they obliged. "Okay, what's up with the bathroom?" Taehyung asks him as he eyed the bathroom again to make sure he didn't miss anything. Nope. Nothing. It was Jungkook's turn to furrow his eyebrows. He then turned to Jimin. "Jimin hyung?" Jimin shook his head and gave up. "Okay Kookie, what's up with the bathroom?" Jimin repeats. He gaped at both of his hyungs. He turned back to check if Yein was still there. She still was, watching them three. "Y-you can't see her?" he stammers. His hyungs only blinked at him, not getting what he means. "Jungkook....who is "her"?" Jimin asks, a bit scared of how Jungkook is acting at the moment.

     Seeing his hyungs reactions, he decided not to push it and just leave them both. He realized they're both are already weirded out by him. "N-nothing hyungs." and with that, he was out of their sight. They both looked at each other, confused. "Okay, what just happened?" Jimin cracks up and chuckles. Taehyung just shrugs. "You know Jungkook can be very weird sometimes." And with that, he closes the door of their room.

     "Excuse me, J-Jungkook was it?" Yein calls out to Jungkook as she follows him in the living room. Jungkook stopped walking and turned to her. "Okay, this is freaking me out, what is going on?" He asks Yein as calm as possible. "Listen Jungkook, I know, it's weird." Yein began. "And no one is weirded out by this more than I am. I woke up in the middle of a road without knowing how I even ended up there or who I am." She tries to explain.

     They both hear noises slowly becoming louder. "Wah, how unfortunate jinjja." Hoseok says as he enters the apartment first followed by Jin and Namjoon.

     "They're the ones I saw downstairs a while ago!" Yein said, pointing the three of them accusingly.

     The three of them stopped when they noticed Jungkook standing in the middle of the living room with only a towel on. Jungkook only became more surprised and confused at the same time when they also seemed to be unaware of Yein's presence. "Jungkook, what are you doing here? Put some clothes on." Jin scolded.

     Jungkook ignored the mom of the group and turned to his other hyungs. "Where have you been hyung?" he asks Namjoon. Namjoon settles himself on the sofa and cleared his throat. "You know Yein from Lovelyz, right?" Jungkook glanced at Yein, who was staring at Namjoon intently. "She got involved in an accident. She got hit by a fast approaching car. She is now sent to the hospital and no one knows what her fate will be until then." Namjoon explained.

     Slowly by slowly, things started to sink in. Jungkook realized that this might be Yein's ghost in their apartment. But what made him puzzled was he was the only one who can see her.

     "And where did the accident happen exactly?" the younger one asks once more. "Downstairs, in front of the building's entrance." Jin answered. Jungkook could not believe what he had just heard.

     Loss of words, he walks back to his and Namjoon's room to think.

     Jungkook closed the door of his room and sat on his bed. Yein followed him and went through his door. She was getting used to it. What she did made him stand on his feet. "Okay, you're definitely Yein's ghost!" He says, taking a step back, already scared. "Why are you showing yourself to me only? What did I do?" he asks. Although Yein was only on where was standing, Jungkook keep stepping back. "I would want to explain it to you if I have known." she replies, watching him backing off. "And please? Can you put some clothes on before you proceed on backing off?" he looked at  himself and realized he still has his towel on. A lot happened for him to think of how he looks right now. "R-right." He approaches his dresser and grabbed a short and a white shirt.

     With this, Yein turned around. "Tell me when you're done." she says.

     As much as Jungkook wants her out, he just obliged so he can get this over with.

     Once he was done, he told Yein he was so she turned around once again. "So you really can't remember anything?" he asked, starting to accept that what was happening at the moment was real. She nodded. She approached Jungkook's dresser to look at the mirror. The same face she saw a few hours ago, except, the eyes were closed and the hair was soaked in blood. "If I am ghost, then does it mean I'm dead?" she asks weakly. He shrugs and observes her. "Let's not hope for that." he told her, oddly want to make her feel better. "But it's weird how you can't remember who you are and how it's only me who can see you." He added.

     Yein turned to him. "Can you help me, Jungkook?" she asks. "You're the only one who can see me after all."

     "I wish I knew how but I have no idead how." her shoulders deflated in disappointment. "Wait, I think I have an idea!" he exclaims, raising his index finger. "What if we visit your body tomorrow?" he suggests. She seems to be hesitant about his decision. "I-I don't know Jungkook...what if I'm dead?"

     "You're not. Don't think in that way. I'll get you back." he told her, trying to be positive as possible for her to feel better. Yein smiled, pleased at Jungkook's sincerety and optimism. "Okay, I'm gonna pray for the best. Thank you Kookie!" she says, slowly forgetting her fear. Jungkook smiled back, oddly glad that he was able to make her smile. 

     But that "Kookie" though.

     "Kookie?" he questions. "Did you just-"

     "Yes I did, that's how that orange head called you. I assumed it was your nickname."

     With a sigh, Jungkook lied down. "I'm going to get some sleep." he said and wrapped himself with the blanket. "What about me?" Yein whined. He sat up and stared at her. "Do ghosts sleep?" he asks her. "How am I supposed to know?! This is my first time being a ghost." she replies. He lied back down and closed his eyes.

     "Then I guess you'll figure it out yourself tonight." he says. First of all, he will never sleep with a girl beside him. Especially that this girl is a ghost.

     "Jungkook!" she calls one more in a whine.

     "Goodnight."


AND THAT'S FOR THE FIRST CHAPTER IMNIDAAAAA~ Second chapter is coming out soon lels. So thank you for reading. Leave a comment and I'll be happy to read them alll. And also forgive me for my grammatical errors if there are huhu. English is my second language. Anyways, thank you very much! I'll see you soon hehehehe. Harteu ebriwaan.