Episode 1

The Perfect Flower Boy and Two Faced Beauty

"Halahbuhji!" A small girl came crying into the room and climed onto her grandfather's lap. He immediately wrapped his arms around her and pet her hair.

"Kyeoul, was it the bullies again?" His voice croaked out as he soothingly rocked their bodies together in the rocking chair.

The man was in his late eighties but had enough strength to cradle the nine year old girl whom was very tiny for her age. Kyeoul rubbed her eyes and sniffled before burying her face into her grandfather's weak chest.

"They called me names." The little girl said. She continued, and explained what happened as she tried playing with their neighbors' children.

"And - and one of them pulled my hair." Kyeuol sobbed out.

"Weakling... shortie..." With each word she repeated her fists gently hit her grandfather's chest. After letting the girl cry to her content, the grandfather cupped her face and looked straight into her eyes.

"Kyeoul," By his serious tone, she knew he meant business.

"I want you to stay strong. And beautiful. And smart. The smartest beauty of strength there is." He heaved in a breath before continuing.

"And don't ever trust people like them. Trust in those you love, those that love you," Kyeoul blinked her tears away as she nodded her head along with each of her grandfather's statements.

"And your heart." He pointed to her chest with a limp finger. Kyeoul looked down at his index finger with wide eyes before turning back to him with a grin.

They talked and joked around, Kyeoul once again letting go of the painful aftermath of bullying.

But this time, as she dazed out on an episode of her grandfather's old people show, something changed in her mind. Something clicked as she constantly replayed her grandfather's words.

Stay strong. And beautiful. And smart.

I will halahbuhji.

The smartest beauty of strength there is.

Kyeoul turned her head and stared out the window, getting an eagle eye view of the children playing in the grass across the street.

And don't ever trust people like them.

I won't halahbuhji.

 

---

 

Jungkook stuffed a fifth fry into his mouth at once, six pairs of eyes staring at him intently.

"Come on, that's all you got?" Hoseok smirked and tried to push a few more in, resulting in Jungkook gagging and spitting them all out. The boys roared in laughter, banging their hands on the circular table while passersby shot them questioning looks through the greasy window. Sure, it was like two in the morning on a school night at a 24 hour burger joint, but who cares right?

"Okay, okay, hold on. Namjoon - hyung and I got somethin' to propose to you." Taehyung used a thumb to point at Namjoon, the other hand occupied with a half eaten burger.

"Try me." He shrugged and leaned back in his seat, arms extending onto the back of the seats next to him.

"We'll give you 1 million won..." Namjoon snickered as Jungkook's eyes widened and the table went silent.

"If you get the library assitant." As if they'd heard traumatic news, everyone gasped; and as if he'd seen a ghost, Jungkook's face went white.

"What?!" His voice came out louder than expected. Taehyung blinked back in surprise and Jungkook cleared his throat before sitting back down, now noticing that he'd stood up.

"So, you want me to get that old ahjumma to go on a date with me?" She wasn't actually an ahjumma, but can you imagine what a twenty five year old librarian dresses like? Nevermind, I don't want you to have nightmares.

The pair nodded in response, mouths full of delicious burger and fries. Jimin raised a hand and pat his back.

"On the plus side, she'll probably think it's like one of those dramas. You know, the ones where the pig faced teacher gets the flower boy college student." The other said simply. Hoseok raised a hand in agreement.

"But I seriously don't know why you guys had to bet one million..." Jin shook his head as if he was the mildy stressed out one.

Taehyung and Namjoon looked at each other. They had some sort of telepathy or something going on for a few seconds and turned back to the other three boys.

"It's just to fuel his motivation. It's been a while too, so we need the money if he loses."

Jungkook shook his head. 

Brring

He got a text. He took the phone out of his pocket and looked at the newest message.

Eomma

You aren't out partying again are you?

You should be studying!

 

Jungkook shook his head at his mother's text. He already told her the party ended hours ago.

 

No eomma, the gang and I got some burgers.

 

Content with his repsonse, he put his phone on the table. Judging by the immediate phonecall, his mother on the other hand was not content with his response. Groaning, he put his head on the table, hitting it just enough not to make the food spill.

A couple more rings and the noise turned into the school bell.

Now, five hours later at school, Jungkook's forhead lay on the edge of his desk so he could stare at the tiled floor. He wasn't feeling so well... maybe he should win over miss library assitant tomorrow.

"Good morning everyone!" Their first period teacher, Mr. Eom, clapped his hands loudly when no one responded.

"I said good morning everyone!" This time the students obeyed, scurrying back to their seats and monotonily answering a 'good morning'.

"That's more like it." He turned to his side and faced the door.

"Well class, we have a transfer student all the way from Busan." He waved to the figure outside the room to come in.

There were ooh's and aah's as the new female student made her way into the classroom. Not bad, Jungkook thought.

"Please introduce yourself." He gestured her towards the other students. She smiled at him and faced the class.

"It's nice to meet you my name is Kim Sohyun. I hope we can be good classmates." Sohyun bowed and finished her introduction with another smile towards Mr. Eom.

"Alright then Sohyun - sshi. Take a seat" She scanned the room. The tables were in four columns and six rows, with five fairly good looking boys all sitting in the back row.

Flashing one last smile at Mr. Eom, Sohyun slowly made her way through the aisles.There were three empty seats : the one to Jungkook's left, the one in front of Jungkook, and the one in front of the one next to him. He was in the last row, a seat away from the window. As she walked to the desk, whispers started.

She could hear a few gasps and even an 'Omo, I feel so sorry for her...'. Now that her back was faced toward the teacher, she rolled her eyes and 'tch'ed at the students. 

She chose the farthest seat from Jungkook, which was diagonal, and met eye contact him. He looked at her up and down and she scoffed, turning her head to the side in disbelief. This boy seriously...

"What?" She mouthed before sitting down at her desk. Jungkook stared at her as she sat and looked to the front of the class.

"Now that Sohyun has settled down, let's get out textbook three." Mr. Eom said. He wrote something and the chalk sung as it grazed against the board.

Jungkook lay his chin in his right hand, looking directly at Sohyun. Observing her for the rest of class, he noticed that she wasn't half bad.

Okay he had to admit she was really cute and totally his type. Tall, but smaller than him, long black hair, and with a slight look under the table... oh my god her legs are - 

"JEON Jungkook." Once the first period bell rang and it was time for break, a student's voice roared at the lack of supervision. Jungkook flinched and the class chuckled at him - it was quite rare to see him flinch like that.

"What?" Mingyu walked to Jungkook's desk, each step unbearably slow and freakishly loud. Boom. Boom. Boom.

"I know Sohyun is a very pretty girl, but there's no need to stare so intently at the new kid, is there?" Mingyu reached over and hit his shoulder. Jungkook scoffed and crossed his arms, looking Mingyu dead in the eye.

"Yah Mingyu - ah," He turned to Jirae before returning his gaze back, still as intense.

"I know Kim Sohyun - sshi is a girl, but not everyone is comfortable with a freak calling them by their first name." Mingyu rolled his tongue on his cheek as he turned his head slightly to the side. Jungkook stood out of his chair, now standing across from the just as veign popping angry student. He once again crossed his arms and cocked his head to the side, raising an eyebrow.

"What's this? You have nothing to say?" He smirked. Though Mingyu was a few inches taller than him, Jungkook was multiple levels higher.

"Aigoo, Mingyu - ah! What to do now?" Jungkook snickered until his hand slammed loudly against his desk, any previous signs of laughter on his face gone and expression 200 times more intimidating.

"I wasn't in a good mood today, and now you're like this to me?" Jungkook looked at Sohyun when she 'tch'ed loudly, audible for the entire class to hear. Her chair scraped against the floor as she unhurriedly stood up and faced Jungkook.

"So just because Mister Perfect Flower Boy isn't happy today, everyone else has to feel your wrath?" She used two fingers to quote 'Mister Perfect Flower Boy'.

"Listen up buttercup!" She sing songed as her right hand raised behind an ear. "I've got news for you."

"You're probably used to getting everything your way." She took a step to his desk.

"You're probably used to nobody stopping you." Another step.

"But you know what?" One more step and she was next to his desk, arms crossed and hair over chest.

"I'm used to making sure people like you know what it feels like to lose control over your stupid. Pathetic. Lives." She whispered in his ear and pat his cheek before turning to her side and walking out of the room with a smirk.

The entire class was left stunned, and if it hadn't been break time, the teacher surely would've seen this side of her too. That got them thinking; is she just putting up an act in front of the teacher?

"Oh ho ho Jeon Jungkook, what'd she whisper to you? Huh?" Mingyu poked his shoulder with a finger.

"Mister Perfect Flower Boy, huh? Has a ring to it, don't you think?" He smirked as Jungkook glared back.

"Huh? I've asked you some questions, aren't you gonna answer them?" With each sentence Mingyu poked his shoulder, each poke gaining strength and turning into a shove.

"Yah Kim Mingyu. Can't you see he's mad enough? Stop it before there's a fight." Jimin, who sat to Jungkook's right, sighed heavily.

"Oh? You want a fight, Jimin?" Mingyu walked to Jimin's desk.

"Alright shortie, you got yourself a fight. Second period break, the gates." Seventeen, the posse Mingyu was in, was in the same class as BTS, the posse Jungkook was in. It was nine flower boys against seven flower boys, and unfortunately, Jungkook's posse had the seven.

They were awfully outnumbered, but had no trouble overpowering some of them. And for some reason, the teachers thought it would be a good idea to put sixteen boys and five girls in one class. Yep, FIVE GIRLS. Six including Sohyun. Those five girls were in a posse called Twice, with the other four members in the class across.

"Aish... I didn't even say I wanted to fight." Jimin ran a hand through his hair.

"But if you insist Mingyu," The shorter stood up and leaned forward, face inches apart from Mingyu's.

"We'll meet'chya there." Mingyu scoffed and went back to his seat, muttering swears to his friends.

Jimin sat back down and laughed about something with the group, but Jungkook remained standing. He was still staring at the door Sohyun exited from. Needless to say he was surprised, but he knows a pretty girl like that screams 'I'm playing hard to get but in reality I'm thirsty af'. All he had to do was flirt with her a bit and she'll be all over him. Simple, right?

"Hey hyung," Six heads turned to him.

"Can I change the bet?"

 


 

 

A/N : I know I know, I at writing. xD Don't worry, I'm passionite enough to work towards improvement! Also, don't tell me how you want things to turn out - I have everything all planned in my brain so all that's left is to type it out and for you to read it. <33