I feel pleasure in your pain

The Mighty Five II : Save Me

CHAPTER II

"I Feel Pleasure In Your Pain"

 

Day 4 - Sunday.

 

Luhan hadn't slept well in a while and everytime he told Sehun about it, Sehun would say it were just nightmares, they would go away eventually. He said to not think about them much, it was just the stress of being a head of the pack with pack members still alive. It was the trauma he got after The battle and everyone's disappearance. It would be alright, no matter would Sehun told Luhan it would be alright after a while. Tonight it wasn't very different though, nightmares and memories kept on revealing themselves in his dreams.

 

Luhan - 9 years old (february)

"Dad, where is mom? I made her a drawing." Minhyuk had been on edge for a couple of days now. He hadn't found Yewon, she disappeared two days before. Luhan was very fond of his mother and was asking for her every two seconds in those two days. After Tao's disappearance, Luhan changed, the all did.

 

Minhyuk would always answer his child. "Mom is on a trip, she'll come back soon. Promise." The thing is, the red female leader vanished from earth, no one knew where she was, or what happened. He had searched everywhere, he hadn't enlightened the other leaders of the packs, Minhyuk thought he could find her. The Red leader had already traced back the steps of his wife. She went to the grocery store, but never came back. Yewon would always call when something unexpected happen and compose her husband. But he never received any message as a sort of last resort he had asked Bom weird questions without letting it out his wife was missing. 

 

Bom had seen her putting the groceries in her car and drive off. But nothing more. In the rear Bom was getting suspicious but never dared to ask the agitated Minhyuk what was wrong. If Minhyuk was on edge and you were meddling in his business, he was quick to attack you. A worried red leader went back home to get his kid from school. When little Luhan noticed his mother wasn't home, to prepare food and put him to bed, he started to ask question. The little prince would let his curiosity get the best of him and push Minhyuk to his limits where the red leader would hurt his own child, only out of frustration and worry and the fact of not knowing where she was. The red leader was a good father despite his irritations. But they were questions Minhyuk couldn't answer, but always avoided with "She's on a trip, Daddy doesn't know when she will be back." onto a point of annoyance.

 

Luhan had found his father often in a rage and throwing stuff around the house. The 9-year old kid had gone under a hard time but despite of it, the little prince understood his father was just missing mom as much as he did. The red leader apologized everytime he would hurt Luhan, he couldn't think clearly at those moments. He told his child it was not ok what he did to him, but he was giving up hope that Yewon would never come back. In the back of his mind Luhan knew, but would always be a good kid and let it happen, afterwards he would call his bestfriend, the green prince, who would comfort him.

 

A month later, Yewon was home cooking dinner for her two men. Minhyuk had picked up Luhan from school. The Red leader was in shock to say the least, he never thought of seeing his wife again. He bombarded her with questions. She had only vagually answered she had to get a holiday, some time off that she still couldn't handle the drama of the extintion of the Yellow Pack. Minhyuk let his questions slide after a while and was just relieved his Yewon was back.

 

Luhan was overly happy his mother was back. But as his kid intuition told him, there was something different about his mother. But what did he care at his age, he was filled with joy that he didn't have to eat his dad's cooking anymore, or tolerate his dad's outbursts. It just felt right, in a wrong way that his mother was back. 

 

Later that day near twilight, the young leader children were gathered to train, not with Kyuhyun consent but they all went against him. Luhan was trying to fight Sehun, who was a bit smarter than him and predicted his every move. When the little red wolf would go left the green one moved right. Ari was already done with Kris, who was the weakest link amongst The Mighty Five. But she didn't care, it would only have been playtime for her. Instead of Minhyuk and Taeyang teaching Kris some moves, she was already on the subject. The two leaders smiled while helping put up the obstacle course for later. Takuya on the other hand was coaching Luhan and Sehun, the two were equal but it would be bad if they slit each others troath. Ari was put in the batlle later, battling Sehun as well as Luhan at the same time.

 

After a while they decided it was time for a break, were the five small pups could prepare to change in their wolf form. "Auntie Yewon is not the same is she, Lu?" Sehun asked. Lu shook his head and sighed. The Red Prince was in fact sad his mother didn't feel the same anymore. She would normally have a warm smile and play with him, draw and paint with him but she wasn't smiling as warmly and she wasn't playing that much with her son anymore. It felt strange. Sehun would take Luhan in his arms to give him bear hugs and ruffle his hair.

 

"We need to figure out what is wrong." Kris came in between, even regretting what he said bcause the tinniest bug would scar him, but he kept to his statement. They all agreed at that time but even with their special connection and impecable intuition they couldn't find anything. A year went by when they would give up, no evidence was found it wasn't Aunt Yewon infront of them.

 

Luhan woke up in the middle of the night, sighing. Why would he dream about that, no nightmare just that, a happy memory but with mixd feelings. He sat up brushing a hand through his hair and looked outside in the summery night. It wasn't clouded and the clear night sky was full of blinking stars. He wouldn't admit it to anyone except for Sehun but he missed his parents enormously and a chance, a small thought of them being dead or worse, killed by Ari was haunting him. He had one advantage today, he wouldn't have to face Ari today and feel helpless everytime he was close to her. He grabbed his phone from the nightstand on the right side of his bed and switch it on, the screen alluminated and he groaned it was just 3am. Although the early hour he would sent a message to Sehun to meet him in the morning. He really needed sleep, even if it was just an hour.

 


 

Tao was looking out the big window. Outside, he was scanning the forest from the purple's living room. What would the day bring him with Ari, since it was his turn to watch her. He was thinking about what Sehun had told them about the rage but Ari's wasn't anything like theirs. She hadn't murdered them she was just playing. The yellow leader didn't know why. He sighed slowly turning around, just to be startled by a bright purple eyed Ari. 

 

"So" she started, she took a seat on the coach, legs up and hands between them just like a sitting wolf. "Let's do something fun today." She grinned, wiggling her eyebrows and it gave Tao a messed up feeling, he didn't want to play. Ari's mood changed from childish to a frown and turned into anger. "Ugh, you don't want to play. I can't kill you cause that would be no fun.There's only one person who is willing to play with me." She looked at the confused yellow alpha in front of her. "Where's little Red?" she asked him in a demanding tone.

 

He had to think twice until he knew what she meant. "Luhan?" he whispered. Ari nodded. 

 

"Yes, that's what I said." Ari started to whine childishly, Tao wasn't giving her the attention she wanted. "I AM SOOOOO BORED." She let herself fall flat on the caoch and laid on her back."I woke up around 3am. You have to play with me." In her voice there was a sound of mischief and although Tao was scared of getting killed by the purple wolf, he just wanted her to be calm. "HEY" after a minute of silent Ari shouted, Tao was startled by the sudden sound and movement. "Let's make a deal" The purple princess looked at him and grinned evily. "I won't kill you, if you kill for me. I need a plaything, something human, something fresh. I want to rake my claws through the skin, I want to hear the joy of that painful scream. I want to see that blood poring out of the body. It is such a satisfying feeling, don't you think?. Fetch me something compatible and I will not rip you to shreds."

 

Tao's eyes widened from the horrific words that came out of the purple princess' mouth. It was seeing his father murdered all over again. Lay had pushed a knife in his father's chest and pulled the knife down, slicing him, making a cut from his chest to his hips, blood was gushing out of Changmin and Tao couldn't do anything. Right there in his own bedroom somewhere in the closet a 7-year old boy was crying silently holding a hand before his mouth scared to be found. Changmin was holding him up on his knees, trying to be strong, but loosing conscious. In a matter of seconds another guy appeared next to Lay and ripped the former yellow leader's head off. Silver knives were put in his eyes and smoke escaped that's when the closet door opened and Xiumin was standing in front of him. Reaching for his neck and pushing the air out of his pipes. He out and the next thing he knew, he was in a dark place that smelled like earthy ground. 

 

"I see it in your eyes, little yellow, you want to play and take revenge on your parents, you never had the chance did you?" Tao slowly shook his head, he might feel revengeful but it didn't take him over like it used to, when he was alone in his prison. "Then what are you waiting for." Ari stood up and approached the yellow alpha. When Ari was just a few inches seperated from him she whispered encouragely. "Then do it, we can revenge your parents and mine together, find me a playmate and I can share. Cause little Red is nowhere to be found to play with. It is going to be special, just you me and our playmate."

 

Tao inhaled a bit of Ari's scent. He was about to agree, the purple princess' scent was intriguing but not strong enough. The purple wolf started to grin at her friend's reaction and urge him on more. "Come on Tao-ah, it's been so long since we played together."

 


 

"Sehun" Kris hastily walked into the residence of the green alpha. He almost knocked in the door while yelling for his friend. "Sehun, come on open this door."

 

Hyoyeon slowly walked to the door, even slower unlocking the frontdoor locks. "Kris? What are you doing here? I thought you had to trade places with Tao an hour ago."

 

"Yeah, I should've but he's nowhere to be found neither is Ari. They're gone!" Hyoyeon rolled her eyes at Ari's name. Nothing but a troubled child the princess was to her. "Where's Sehun?"

 

The blue princess sighed "He's with Luhan. Again. Because he keeps having these nightmares. I don't know, he doesn't want to talk about it with me."

 

"Wow, seems like you care so much for us since the vampires are gone." Kris said sarcastically.

 

"I care, I'm still your protector after all. But lots of things have changed. I don't see Sehun most of the time and when I see him it's Ari this Ari that or I need to go to Luhan. My brother, Tao and you are busy taking care of Ari and Luhan is living in his own world doing who knows what beside getting Sehun's attention."

 

"Noona?" Kris lifted a suspicious eyebrow with a playfull grin. "Are you jealous Sehun isn't that devoted to you anymore? But now all his attenion is going to our princess and Lu?"

 

Hyoyeon sighed and the orange leader earned yet again an annoyed eye roll. "Like his attention was ever on me. Since I met him he is only devoted to you four, he looks like somekind of leader for you guys because he has all the answers, although he thinks he has."

 

"Hyo-noona, I would love to sit down and hear you whine because of attention loss, but I really have no time for this, I need to find Tao. Something tells me Ari is up to no good and he's easily concurred. If you want to have Sehun's attentions just tell him how you feel but for now I need Sehun and Luhan and maybe Jongdae, Baekhyun and Li to find me an enraged princess trapped in her wolf mind and probably a baffled yellow wolf."

 

"Who said I had feelings for the green rascal?" the blue princess tried to hide it but failed to hide it in the tone of her voice. "Now for the rest, Go find Sehun with Luhan and I'll talk to my brother. He won't be happy though, finding that bratty purple princess but he'll do it for the rest of you."

 

Kris smirked at the tone hiding in Hyoyeon's voice, but without stribbling against her or teasing her further. He bid her farewell and went on his way to Luhan's house.

 


 

Tao's yellow eyes shone bright against the shadows of the forest, they were heading for the mountain pass. It was kind of a safe place to abduct their victims. Once arrived by the lake they met a few campers, who weren't from around but were enjoying the warm summery weather. Ari had found out pretty soon, and she grinned evily to her companion. They had to have them. 

 

The campers were with 6. 2 couples and 2 other boys who had tagged along. Like what Ari always did over the past 2 months, she easily flaunt her body, showing it off in all the right places and tried to seduce one of the single boys. Which was easier than expected. She motioned Tao to reveal himself and like he was controlled by something he came out of their hiding place.

 

It wasn't hard for the purple princess to let the two single boys fall for her. Her scent made it so much easier. With a wink to Tao, meant as "Tonight we will feast" she continued talking to the two boys. Tao mingled with the couples a bit but did not put in much effort, his head ached and he didn't know what it was. Also the more distance there was between him and Ari, the less revenge he felt, or the need to obey the purple princess.

 


 

Jongdae was banging on Luhan's door, like Kris had done a half hour before on their door, while Kris was looking around the house for some kind of sign of life. But it seemed far to silent to have any kind of life form in the house. After 10 minutes of almost knocking down the door, Jongdae gave up and asked if they had some kind of place they went to talk. The only place the orange leader could think of was their cabin or the lake. Which he found strange to think about right now. If Luhan and Sehun really wanted to talk they would prefer a much more privater place than the lake. The two wolves ran through the woods to the cabin where they could hear two boys arguing. This wasn't probably the time to interfere but they had to.

 

Sehun was standing in front of Luhan who was yelling at him. "I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE. I CAN'T SLEEP, I CAN'T EVEN SAY ANYTHING, MY UNCLES ARE ASKING MORE AND MORE OF ME. BAEKHYUN AND LI ARE A PAIN IN THE , HENRY IS CONSTANTLY ASKING ME FOR ADVICE. ARI IS ASKING FOR SO MUCH ATTENTION. MY HEAD HURTS SEHUN-AH, even my heart hurts."

 

"Luhannie, listen to me." Luhan's head hung low even though he was angry and could smash something he was more upset than angry. He was giving up on anything. Sehun managed to keep a calm exterieur for the Red leader's sake. It was hard on all of them having just a few of them survive, seeing so many deaths in front of their eyes, friends and family. "Look at me, I know it is hard, but those dreams mean nothing, nothing, okay?" Luhan didn't nod or shake his head, his eyes were fixed on the seemingly calm dark chocolat brown eyes of his friend. "I need you to be strong, so that I can be strong. I know we need to find Ari's match, your dreams began ever since our princess started to change. I know how she treats you right now. But you gotta be strong for all of us, you can't let miserable nightmares and memories change you. They are nothing but a trick of mind." Sehun's hands were on his best friend's shoulders and he shook him lightly. Not noticing the approaching boys. "Please don't give up now. We'll get everything back like we used to be. I am here for you. I've had the nightmares too, you know that. Hyoyeon has helped me through them, because they are nothing else but a trick of mind, like I said. Now and several times before. You'll go insane if you give in. You just miss the people who appear in your dreams, your memory is just reminding you of them or a specific situation."

 

"I WANNA GIVE UP, I DON'T ING KNOW IF IT MEANS SOMETHING OR NOT." Luhan balded his fist, shaking Sehun's hands of his shoulders and looked down again, he felt so angry, yet defeated. He wanted to get through to the Green leader that it could be more. Maybe he shouldn't have yelled at him but somehow Sehun's calmness was frustrating to the Red leader. Luhan took a deep breath to calm down and started to mumble. "Sehun-ah, I just want them to stop. I need stability back, I need everything to go back to the way it was. My head is exploding, I'm in so much pain."

 

Sehun thought for a second and lifted the Red leader's chin up to look at him, cupping his bestfriend's face in a gesture to keep him calm and persuade him to not give up just yet. "I just thought about this." He lightly grimaced at his friend. "Maybe it's Ari, reflecting her pain on you somehow. I know she can do more than us and we all lost the ability to feel each other's pain through the connection. Maybe Ari is fighting back and found some way to reflect her pain back on you. I need to look into this. But maybe if it helps. I'll sleep with you tonight. I'll stay with you. If you have any dreams I'll be there with you." 

 

Luhan let out a small laugh. "Yeah, cause Hyoyeon is gonna love that." He said sarcastically but a bit more optimistic than a few minutes prior. Sehun smiled a wide toothy smile at that. "She already thinks I take you away too much."

 

"I'll handle her, she'll understand. I'm gonna stay with you until you are back to normal." An exagarated cough came from beside them. "Huh" Sehun stood there with wide open eyes and a shocked expression followded by a confused one. "What are you two doing here?"

 

It was Kris who had made the sound but it was the Blue leader who started to speak. "Well, I'm sorry to disturbe your little lovers conversation" Jongdae made the proper signs and the Green leader let go of the Red one and rolled his eyes in annoyance. Jongdae couldn't help it but tease the two close friends even though he knew they would never form a couple. But the teasing was fun until Jongdae mentioned the actual reason why they were here. "Ari and Tao gone and Kris over here had a bad feeling something would happen to Tao in the not so friendly and innoncent way."

 

"Wait? WHAT? She's gone." Sehun gulped and looked at Kris. "You lost her. You were supposed to watch her."

 

"YAH, I was there but they were already gone and something smelled fishy." Kris said. "I think she'd gone for her 'human' snack and somehow convinced Tao to go with her." The Orange leader shivered a bit with the use of the words 'a human snack', he had never eaten a human before let alone taste their blood for fun. He even feared to see just a little scratch on a body. So many times they had asked themselves, how could he fight in a war with so much blood and dead bodies i he was scared of seeing a litle cut on someone?

 

"We need to find them" Luhan said already composed after his breakdown. "What's the one place Ari and Tao felt save? Where they don't feel exposed? Ari wants trouble but wants to be in peace while she's devouring someone" The Mighty Five members looked at each other and a little bell started to ring in their heads. Jongdae was left out at first but he had read the book and thought of the same place as everyone else.

 


 

A slowly dying heart was held in a bloodied hand. The last beats disappearing in the hand. She placed it to but something was disturbing her. Tao had managed to let four of the six humans escape from their grasp. While one was already been eaten, the last breath of the one body had just gone out like a light of a burning candle. "I'm really mad at you right now. I'll give you a punishment later." Tao knew he was in trouble by her vindictive exterieur, he may fear Ari now even though he knew it was just the rage in her acting up. Tao looked disgusted at her while she was munching so happily on the bloodied hand. 

 

He hadn't eaten any of the flesh or blood from the deceased boys. He was protecting the others after he woke up from the control of the purple princess. The pull wasn't exactly away but it was less. "You're gonna kill me?" he asked still disgusted by the sight of Ari, well realizing the princess was capable of doing so. The princes wasn't looking at him, her eyes were shut enjoying the tender rare meat and the metallic taste of the blood flowing down her pipes.

 

Her eyes shot open by the sound of his voice and amusingly smiled at him. Gulping down what was in and answered easily. "No" The Yellow leader looked at her fearing the worst but he got an answer he didn't expect. "I can't." She continued, shrugging he houlders, still amused by the confused alpha in front her. "We can't kill one another." She smiled her teeth full of blood drizzling down, barely even seeing the white of her teeth. "I'll just torture you instead. Much easier but shut up." Tao wasn't put to peace, he didn't know what Evil Ari's torture would be like. He wished the others were here to help him. "Let me first eat this meal. It would be such a pity to let this gorgeous boy go to waste."

 

"Aren't you full yet?" Tao although he was scared of Ari, he couldn't help but state a fact. Ari rolled her eyes at the sentence, she just had dispatched the one human, it wasn't enough, it was never enough to satisfy her needs. But it wasn't until Tao made a stupid move by using the connection with one short word  LAKE , to alert the others, that she left the human snack and beat up her friend. Tao had wolf-scratches across his face from his right eyebrow diagonal across his nose to his left cheeckbone, Ari had plunged her nails to all sides and marks could be found over his back, chest, arms and legs. Not enough to kill him. 

 

We're on our way, Sehun had blared over the connection. "Don't try that again Tao" she growled watching Tao scrumbed over the floor in pain. "But I guess my Sehun is coming with little Red now. So much fun." She let out an evil laugh and while patiently awaiting her company, she went back to the body and looked at the dirtiet leftover of the hearts leftflank. She sighed and pouted a little. "SEE what you made me do, such a perfectly good delicious lucious heart gone to waste."

 

After fully snacking on the second human boy and leaving some leftovers, Ari was semi-satisfied and she looked at the cringing Tao who was healing slowly, Tao was on his stomache laying there cringing, quietly trying to heal. Her eyes glaring, and sighing every two minutes. She suddenly got up after carefully observing her Yellow friend. He was healing too soon for her liking. So she pulled him up by his hair and the pained expression gave her pleasure. "You can't heal just yet, you need to be taught a lesson first. I am so disapointed in you, Tao. You can't even take revenge for your loved ones." She smacked his head down, face first in the dirt, pulling it back up. the skin above his right eyebrow had cracked due to a broken branch with his sharp side up, he was lucky it didn't pinch his eye. "You even let the meal escape. I wanted to scare them and rip them apart or better yet let them rip each other apart, it would've been so much fun letting them choose who was going to die first. But it doesn't matter now, they're gone. I'll settle for you cause I feel pleasure in your pain." She banged it yet again to the ground. Tao cried it out but couldn't do anything she blocked all his limbs. 

 

"ARI" Ari froze when she heard the Green alpha's voice booming through the woods. She let go of Tao underneath her, panicking and stood up. Tao who already was defeated was just motionless on the ground. Hearing her name over and over again she shuddered something in her clicked and looked at the near dead Yellow leader. She began to think and put a plan in motion. This plan contains in raking her nails through her own arm and let the blood flow out of it. Silhouettes came closer out of the darkening woods. A rain storm thundering over the mountains. She knew this was not going to be good and in her evil ways she would play the victim. Her purple eyes scanned the nearing forms, she was already covered in blood so she would have a pretty solid excuse to get out of it. She ran up to the Green leader and started faking hyperventelation and crying.

 

"SEHUN-AH" she cried while she ran up to him holding her bleeding arm, pretending to be out of breath. Her tears flow over her cheeks like waterfalls and with a ragged breathing she continued while being in his embrace and silently crying victory. "Sehun-ah ... he..He just came at me." She sniffed. "I..I tried.. I really did to not attack him. But he hurt me and those people." She looked up at her confused friend. "Sehun-ah" she added more drama and tightened her arms around his back. Her purple eyes yelling mischief to Sehun but he couldn't do anything rather than return her hug. He cooed her silently, trying to calm her. For more drama she added while hiding her face in Sehun's chest. "I let the others escape. He was going to hurt more people. He tried to kill me. So I ran and then he killed those boys."

 

Sehun soflty patted her back while signaling Luhan, who quite franckly wasn't happy with hi behaviour, Jongdae and Kris to help Tao. While two of the legendary wolves bit in their wrist to save the dying alpha on the floor. Sehun cooed the evil one in his arms. The Green leader wasn't dumb and he would have rather been somewhere else than holding the purple princess but he was drawn to her, he had no control of what he was doing and softly inhaled Ari's seductive scent. "It's okay, I'm here now. No one is going to hurt you, I'll make sure of it. Tao has learned his lesson and won't do it again." Ari cried victory through her tears and smiled, putting her head on his chest because he was taller than her.

 

Jongdae who wasn't effected by anything looked up. He saw Ari slightly smirking in Sehun's arms. "Mishievious witch" he scolded lower than anyone could've heard but apparently the purple princess had picked it up and glared his way. Slightly taken aback from Ari's expression, he could only see her whispering something in his ears. Sehun let go of Ari and came his way. Treathing him by grabbing his collar and throwing him aside. The Blue leader's back hit a tree painfully, but Jongdae was tuff and he had seen many things before, he stood back up ready to fight Sehun if he had too. Ari clapped in her hands showing the join in seeing the two friend fight.

 

"Don't you ever call her that again" Sehun said with much authority. Luhan looked up from what he was doing, he and Kris had already done their job on Tao's back, now it was the front. Kris made eye contact with Luhan, both of them shocked, he had also witnessed the scene. 

 

"Sehun?" Luhan carefully tried, standing up and approaching his friend. He heard Ari laughing behind him. "Why did you do that?"

 

With one motion the said alpha turned around in confusion, pushing Luhan aside. The Red leader stepped a couple steps backwards. Sehun didn't know what came over him but his head hurt like hell, like someone was screeching with a high pitch voice, so high it could break glass. Luhan looked worried and his eyes went back and forth between Sehun and Ari. This wasn't normal for Sehun's behaviour, he would've never threatened Jongdae in this way. What was going on? "Just heal Tao." Jongdae crawled upright. "Focus your energy on Tao. I'm okay." Jongdae confirmed, holding the small of his back. Luhan unwillingly nodded and put his focus on Tao again. "Sehun? Can you take Ari home and stay with her." He saw Ari's eyes widen in joy. Sehun wanted to shake his head but the determination on the Blue protector's face encouraged him to go.

 

"All done" Kris stated looking at how Tao, slowly healed from the wounds. Luhan straightened himself and looked worried at the retreating backs of the girl and the boy. Jongdae came to stand next to him and said. "I think the only one who is save with Ari is Sehun. She tends to have a pull towards him. Something tells me she isn't going to hurt him." Even though it was killing the Red leader inside that he couldn't come close to Ari, he couldn't help but agree with the Blue alpha next to him and sighed in annoyance.

 



Day 5 - Monday.

 

8 a.m., Luhan's eyes flutterted open against the warm rays from the incident light. The wetness of the rain of the previous night still plastered on his window. Raindrops racing for the firt place to hit the wooden panneling. Half asleep he reached for his phone. His eyes widen and suddenly wide awake, he saw the clock hit 8:05 am. Luhan couldn't believe it, it's a first in several months he actually slept more than 2 hours at night. 

 

Trying to lift both of his hands to protect his eyes from the bright sunlight soaking in. His left hand was stuck. Then he started to hear soft breathing next to him. He turned his head around and found his left hand linked with the hand of the blonde log next to him. A delightfull smile formed on his lips. He lightly shook the owners hand. Sehun, who had kept his promise to help Luhan sleep at night, groaned in displeasure. "A few more minutes" A grateful Luhan patted the soft hair of his fellow Mighty Five member. The blonde couldn't help but scrunch his eyes together and whine. Sehun never was a person to wake up easily, not that he wasn't never awake early, he was just a deep sleeper.

 

"You need to get up Sehun." Luhan said shaking their hands. He had an appointed with Li to see how she was doing, but also he wanted to know how it went with Ari after the drama yesterday.

 

"Why?" Still fighting the sleep, either he was going to get up or go back to sleep. But soon after his sleepiness disappeared a bit, Sehun realized something important and opened his eyes. "Did you sleep? Like actually sleep? No dreams?"

 

Luhan nodded. "Yeah, but I need to go now. So can you let go of my hand please?" He pulled them up.

 

"You have to go? Where to? You don't need to watch Ari today." Sehun crooked an eyebrow while releasing Luhan's hand and sitting up straight, rubbing his eyes. His voice still sounded hoarse from the sleep.

 

"I have to go to Li, to see how she's doing. How was Ari yesterday?" Sehun glanced at his friend weirdly, while Luhan was walking through his room and getting his clothes out of his closet. Something comfy but still presentable, he was a leader none the less. He took out dark grey pants, white tshirt with a light design on it and a light creamy jacket because their was a light breeze outside, you could see it by the treetops moving lightly.

 

"Ari's fine, she's a bit unpredictable. Why Li though? That's Henry's responisbility now, she belongs to the purple pack, unless you haven't told me something I should know."

 

"I always tell you everything" Luhan lied but was uneasy by it, he never liked lying to Sehun. "It's just ... because ever since Ari disappeared and the rest got... you know. I feel like it is my responisbility to see how Li is doing and to protect her from Ari so she stays alive until Ari gets back to normal.." Luhan was a bit uncomfortable by the subject, indeed he hadn't told anyone about Li's situation no more than she had been suicidal.

 

"Lu?" Sehun was suspicious of the way his match responded, he knew how the Red one felt about Ari so why did he care for another wolf girl? "Are you trying to get over Ari or something? Using Li in the process?" Luhan stopped his rush to find some white socks in his drawer and turned around. "Are you? I mean hands down she's beautiful but still."

 

"What gave you that idea? I'm not using her, I'm not trying to forget Ari. Li is beautiful and everything but she's not mine. Didn't we have this conversation already?" Luhan exclaimed. He turned back around and found some socks to his liking.

 

"Just don't do stupid things ok?" The Green leader let out a sigh, ruffling his hair. He was concerned for Luhan, since Ari was in her rage, the Red one had not been himself, breaking down from time to time, Luhan used to be a olid rock who kept everythig straight, now he was a vulcano considering if it should erupt or not.

 

"I never do stupid things." Luhan said earning a small playful grin from his friend. He took another pair of socks and threw it to his friend's sleepy head, he was annoyed to say the least. "By the way, Henry can't handle Li, sh's to strong for him, she gives me and Baek a hard time as it is. Henry needs to take care of Minsoo and try to lead his pack which he was never trained for nor has the knowledge for."

 

"Fine, I still got the feeling you're not telling me everything" Sehun murmured so Luhan wouldn't hear it. Wolfhearing did bit the hand that feed you. "SO, we need to start searching for Ari's match soon, any suggetions?" Sehun stood up finally wide awake, earning a hurried sigh from his red friend. Safed or not safed by the illuminated screen of Luhan's phone he picked it up and saw Baekhyun's message and cursed under his breath running down stairs, yelling a quick goodbye gliding in his white sneakers and leaving the house. 

 


 

10 a.m.

Baekhyun paced back and forth in front of Li's room, he was relieved to see his leader arrive just on time. Li was going backwards again, they thought they had seen it all, but it was getting worse and worse. Li's destroying herself, meanwhile asking for Ari, and the red protector felt helpless because he couldn't do anything in return. Helplessly he stood in front of her bedroom door not entering while Luhan was busy taking care of Li. Baekhyun didn't know how much time Li had left before it became fatal. When Luhan finally came out of the room, Li was sleeping in her bed again.

 

"How long? I mean ...Is she ...?" Baekhyun asked, Luhan looked up at his expecting eyes. He shook his head, closing the door silently behind his back.

 

"It should be any day now. We have the biorythm of a wolf, Baek. Do the math. Li will find her rest after, at least let us hope so.. I don't have the time to really focus on Li though. We need to find Ari's match, things are getting worse by the minute." Baekhyun followed Luhan downstairs to the coach placed in the living room. Since Eunhyuk wasn't home they could speak freely.

 

"Luhan?" A hum came in response from his leader while he was in deep thought. "Can I ask you something?" A second passive hum came as answer. "You know when Xiumin examined Li she was doing better, I mean really better like she had not the urge to destroy herself anymore." Baekhyun was careful of his words and somewhat anxious of his theories. He sparked something in Luhan to look at him as the Beta continued. "Could Xiumin have triggered something to let her go backwards again, I mean it can't be good for .."

 

The alpha interupted him. "I doubt Xiumin will come after us again by setting up Li, not since Lay has done what he has done. Have you tried asking her properly without mentioning family, friends?"

 

"Yeah, she gives vague answers that bring me nowhere to help her."

 

The leader sighed "I don't know what to do anymore, healing her over and over again is not an option. ARRRG" Luhan grabbed his hair, it was the first time for Baekhyun to see Luhan so open with him. Normally his leader would just order him around no objection tolerated. "I want to save Li, because Kyung would have wanted that, but I don't know how anymore. If I can't save Li, how am I supposed to save Ari."

 

"Li and Ari are two different cases. So mentioning the princess, how is she doing, is she fit to go see Li?"

 

"Ari is nowhere near ready to see Li, She attacked Tao yesterday. When Sehun came into sight she stopped." The alpha gave a disgruntled growl. "It's like Sehun is her prince charming, like always." 

 

"Maybe Sehun is her match." He grinned knowing well enough that it was impossible.

 

"Sehun can't be her match, he's mine. Tao and Kris are matches too. So were Jongdae and Suho. So whose still alive to be her match? It has to be a wolf, simular in strength, simular in mind. Gender doesn't matter, I don't think it does, and eyecolour has nothing to do with it. We can't put just anyone in danger, if we do that and we get it wrong that wolf is dead for sure." The red leader leaned backwards against the back of the sofa. "We can't loose another life."

 

Baekhyun had been quiet thinking things over while Luhan tortured his brain. "Luhan?" Baekhyun tried silently. Again answered with a absent hum like before. "Wouldn't it.... Isn't it time to tell all Mighty Five members about Li? We've been keeping it from them for so long and it would make you less stressed. It's taking a toll on you, bigger now that Ari's back; They could help." Baekhyun could feel his leader tense, the alpha had been indecisive since the beginning, but he didn't want to accept help. 

 

"No, it's bad enough Henry knows. For now, I just need you to protect her, don't tell anyone, that's an order."

 


8.30 a.m.

"YAAAH, where the hell were you last night? I was worried sick, when Jong told me what happened." Hyoyeon scolded the amused green alpha when she heard the front door opening. The blue alpha female had indeed been worrying and annoying her brother with asking about Sehun's whereabouts. Jongdae only told her what he knew and that was that Sehun had been with Ari last time they spoke, which was an hour after the event. Sehun had never acted out like that, it wasn't in his nature. Tao nor Sehun could explain what had happened, but the same symptom occured. Terrible headache that was now gone. The blue leader had already forgiven his friend. His sister was the more accurate problem now. She had a spatula in her hand and she waved it around rather carelessly. "YAAAH, why the hell are you laughing?"

 

"You're cute when you're mad." Sehun smiled and walked passed Hyoyeon, not forgetting to ruffle her hair in the process. Leaving a speechless angry yet flustered blue female alpha standing in the hallway. "Yes, pancakes." Sehun entered the kitchen greeting an even more amused blue male alpha. Sehun took a plate and was ready to take a pancake when a spatula came in contact with his hand. Jongdae smirked amusingly. And the green alpha looked at the owner of the hand that was holding the spatula.

 

"YAHH, OH SEHUN." Hyoyeon was about to explode, he didn't answer her question and she would kill him if he was with Ari. At moments like these she hated the teasing and the nonchalant behaviour of Sehun.

 

"What?" he innocently shrugged.

 

"Answer my question or no pancakes for you." Sehun wanted the breakfast pancakes but he played around abit by lightly doing his aegyo in front of the angried flustered blue wolf. He knew how she was bothered with it but he couldn't help but love how she acted like a cute little child when she got mad. He loved her pouting face when she didn't get what she wanted. He knew it was one of her weaknesses plus if he came on, when aegyo didn't work, to her she shut down completely

 

"HYYOO, I'm hungry, pancakes first" Sehun whined jutting out his bottom lip. He saw Jongdae slighlty cringing at the other end of the table. Luckily Tao was with Kris searching for a solution.

 

 "No, Hun-ah, aegyo won't help you, tell me where you were." 

 

"Aish, Hyo, don't worry about me so much." He carefully, just to , brought his free hand to her cheek and tucked her hair behind her ear. The other still under the spatula, his actions, as he predicted, softened Hyoyeon's grip. "I was with Lu, ok, he needed help sleeping. He asked yesterday morning." He tranquillized her. Hyoyeon slowly lifted the spatula and Jongdae spotted some jealousy in his sister's eyes. When Sehun sneaked away.

 

"Next time send me a text so I do not have to worry." Hyoyeon murmured silently.

 

"You two look like a couple." That earned Jongdae an icy look from his sister and a thieving grin from Sehun who had succesfully plated a pancake on his plate. He went to sit next to Jongdae and Hyoyeon turned her back to the two males at the table, a not to miss rosy color tinting her cheeks. 

 

"That actually hurt" Sehun whispered to Jongdae refering to his hand. The two 18-year olds spent most of their breakfast teasing the older female, the mood was perfect for it, because they knew after breakfast it was back to business.

 



A/N : Happy Valentine's Day XD

 

February 14, 2017