final.

DREAMS

“Jang Mi! Hurry up and get my make-up kit in room A2!”

 “Tiny newbie! Carry these clothes and bring it to room B3,”

“Hey, midget. Make snacks for the idols in room A1,”

Holy crap, I don’t know what to do first! These monsters are really giving me a lot of tasks to do at the same time since I started working here. They give me bunch of works, call my name when they need something that they can do by themselves ( well, Jang Mi, fyi, that’s what your work is, I said to myself ) and I don’t even know the people I work with. I don’t even know their names, what the actual is this.

Maybe they just want to make my life miserable here. But still…

I sighed and bit my lower lip to prevent myself from crying. I can’t help it. I’m so frustrated, so confused, and so angry at the same time that I don’t really understand why I’m about to cry. But hey, I actually like what I do here even though it’s difficult and hassle for me, but nahh, I like –

“Jang Mi, are you just going to stand there or are you going to get my make-up kit in room A2? The idols are about to arrive in a few minutes for goodness sake,” My (scary) boss said, as he let out at a breath, glaring at me. She’s tall, petite, has round eyes, and brown hair. She’s gorgeous… but she still makes my life miserable.

“Okay, ma’am,” I slightly lowered my head to give her a bow. I respect her, though I hate her a little. Isn’t my feelings for her amazing?

I started to look for room A2, feeling a bit sleepy. I was already here at 5 a.m, helping my superiors, and it’s already 5 p.m. I’m already working for 12 hours and I didn’t even have a proper meal since this morning.  But I heard we are all this busy when the famous boy group EXXO.. maybe it’s ECSO.. or EXOH. For goodness sake, I don’t know the correct spelling. It’s my first time seeing an idol after a week of working here. When there’s someone performing, I’m always assigned at the basement and I stayed at the rooftop when I have the time to relax. I enjoyed watching the sunset alone and look at Seoul, admiring everything. It’s really breathtakingly beautiful.

 

my life,” I cursed under my breath, running my hand through my hair out of frustration. 5 minutes has passed and I can’t find the stupid room. I can’t take it anymore. My stupidness is taking over my mind again. I have to freaking ask someone before my boss kills me and the idols probably arrived now.

Good thing someone passed by, a tall red-headed guy. I haven’t seen him around, maybe his a new guy? Anyway,  I ran to catch up with him and cleared my throat, then tap his shoulder, “E-Excuse me, sir. If you don’t mind, can you please tell me where room A1 is?” I nervously feeble with my hair expecting him to shout at me. I learned that the people here are rude especially when they’re busy or when you’re new, others would treat you well when you’re new but sadly, that only exists in T.V shows. They tend to not give a damn about someone asking directions and just carry on with what they do.

But instead, I saw a cute freaking guy, grinning at me. For ’s sake, my jaw just dropped.

“I’m headed to that room. Let’s go together.. if you don’t mind,” He said, and lets out a chuckle at my reaction. I didn’t answer for a few seconds because I’m still in awe. It’s my freaking first time to see someone so handsome. Jesus Christ, thank you.

I blinked a few times before answering, “O-ohh. Thank you very much, sir,” I gave him a really deep bow and tried my best to show him my signature smile. Oh well, might as well make myself look fine when someone this handsome is in front of me.

“Let’s go then,” He said, enthusiastically leading the way. I followed him quietly.  I just realized that I’m about the height of his shoulders. Or smaller. Absolutely smaller than his shoulders. I’m that small. This guy’s so freaking tall, I almost asked him to give me some height.

 

“The great Chanyeol has arrived!” The red-headed cute guy proclaimed when we entered the room. I swear to God, I can die peacefully now. I’m surrounded my 9 handsome guys. I’m blessed, indeed. I couldn’t ask for more. Thank you!

“You’re 5 minutes late, Yoda. What’s up? You’re never late,” The guy with high cheekbones asked the Chanyeol guy that’s beside me. But that wasn’t enough for me to make me stop fantasizing about them being so perfect.

“Oh well, I slept 5 minutes more before I went here,”

“Who’s that girl, huh? Your new girlfriend?” A guy with chubby cheeks . So cute. I want to squeeze his face so badly.

Chanyeol laughed a little and shake his head, waving his hands a bit, “No, hyung. She asked me where room A1 is. So I told her to come with me,”

There was silence around the room when he said that. I don’t know what happened but I don’t care, I just want to look at them for the rest of my life.

I was brought back to reality when someone waved a hand in front of me, “Miss, are you okay?” The guy with chubby cheeks that teased Chanyeol, asked me.

I cleared my throat, realizing how I looked so stupid in front of them. I mentally slap myself for being so obviously attracted to them. I should really focus on work instead of random stuff, “Yes I am, sir,” I smiled at him nervously and without waiting for him to say a word, I started to look for the make-up kit. Goodness, this is going to be one of my most awkward moments in my entire life… and probably one of my most unforgettable, too.

I’m sure that 9 pair of eyes are looking at me right now, feels like they’re judging me a lot and it makes me uncomfortable as heck. I don’t like people looking at me, I prefer being invisible. And I’m going to make myself more stupid right now, but I wouldn’t mind. I’d rather look stupid than to get fired.

I bend over to look under the table behind the guy with big round eyes. I admit, I never knew someone will look good with that eyes.

I ignored them completely and just continue looking for the make-up kit. I groaned and curse under my breath when I couldn’t find it anywhere. I’m pretty sure it’s around here.

“Miss, what are you doing?” The cute puppy-like guy asked me, looking at me curiously like I was being weird or something.. which is the truth.

I bit my lip and stood straighter than before, hoping that I’d look less stupid or strange or weird or whatever, “I-I’m looking for my boss’ make up kit. I know it’s around here somewhere,” I looked around, and yep, they really are looking at me. Or maybe even judging me more than before. I’m actually afraid they might call the guard because of what I’m doing right now.

They stared at me for a minute and I felt so small because of the way they look at me. I’m small but I feel smaller than before.

I decided to break the silent and ask them another question, “If you don’t mind me asking a question again.. Can you please tell me where the make-up kit is?” I looked down so they couldn’t see my face turning red because of the embarrassment I feel. My gosh.

It felt like years before someone spoke and it was someone who I wasn’t expecting, “Hey midget, what are you doing there? I asked you to make snacks for them, right?” After I heard that voice, I immediately face the speaker. My eyes widen when I saw the freaking producer. Kill me, please. He’s the only person I know in my workplace. And he’s Lee Jimin.

And realization struck me… I’m in the wrong ing room! “Wait, this isn’t room A2—“

. Stupid Scarlett,” I cursed under my breath. I couldn’t help but to speak in English because of my stupidness. I don’t want to look like a cursing machine, especially in front of them handsome boys.  I took a deep breath and tell myself to be confident even though you already look stupid. That’s a good mantra, be confident even though you already look stupid.

“I-I’m sorry. I was being stupid. I’m really sorry. I’ll go and get your snacks now,” I bowed at them a few times and leave the room without looking back. I slapped myself a few times, blushing at the thought of me looking for something that isn’t there. Why would I even make a really stupid mistake?

Goodness sake. I was about to slap myself again when someone held my wrist. I turned around and… he was one of the guys a while ago.

“Don’t hurt yourself just because you made a mistake,” He looked at me intently. I’m trying to read his expression whether he’s being serious or playing around or maybe… maybe just concerned at me.

We looked at each other and I slowly nod, making him remove his grip on my wrist. I smiled and bowed at him slightly, “Thank you,” I said, quietly, trying to hide my smile, “I’ll see you around, sir,” I turned around to go straight at the cafeteria but I got surprised when he was beside me, hands inside his pocket.

“Maybe you’d get lost again. So I’d rather go with you than you, getting scolded again,” He nervously smiled at me. And I swear, I couldn’t help myself but to stare at his perfect facial features. And his messy blond hair suits him the best. What did I do to become this blessed?

I smiled at him, feeling fluttery and all, then nod my head, “Thank you, sir,” I said, looking down at the ground, playing with my fingers. I’ve never been this nervous around another guy.

“Don’t call me sir. It makes me feel old,” He laughs before introducing himself, “My name’s Kim Joonmyeon, by the way. But you can call me Suho.” He extended his hand in front of me and smiled again. He looks so fine. Damn.

I reach out to shake his hand, smiling, “My real name’s Scarlett Smith, but my korean name’s Park Jang Mi. Jang Mi. Life’s kinda confusing. But it’s nice to meet you, Joonmyeon,” I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from laughing.

He froze, a little shock with what he heard and it made me curious so I my head to the side, “Are you okay?”

He laughed a little and shake his head, “Yes yes, of course! Nice to meet you too, Scarlett, really.” It’s been a long time since I heard my real name when I moved here in Korea. Of course I wouldn’t expect them calling me by my real name so I made my own korean name. But God, it felt nice to hear him say my name. It feels like listening to music.

”So, when did you start working here? I haven’t seen you around,” He asked, while we’re walking to the cafeteria.

“I started working here last week and I’m probably either in the basement or the rooftop,” I said, getting a tray.

“Oops, I’ll take that,” He got the tray on my hand without waiting for me to answer, he winked at me. I stood there and stare at him, tilting my head a little. This guy’s look like someone.

Then I shake my head, “Oh no, it’s still my job so please—“

He insisted, “It’s fine. I bet you’re tired and all because of work,” He smiled reassuringly… and for a second, it looks like he really cared for me. But I set the thought aside and realized how stupid that idea is. I’m just a girl who works here and he’s a famous idol. Pft, dream on, Scarlett. You’re getting your hopes up again. You just met, for goodness sake.

Thank you,” I mutter.

He smiled, “Why did you pick Jang Mi as your korean name? If I’m crossing the line, you can tell me,”

I glance at him before getting 10 sandwiches and 10 juice then put it on the tray, “I like roses a lot and I think Jang Mi is a pretty good name,” Looking down at the tray, it looks like it’s kind of heavy so it makes me really uncomfortable seeing an idol carrying a tray for me.

“But you know, I really want to carry the tray because it’s my work, sooo...”

He chuckle, “Nahh, it’s not heavy at all.” He said, as if he heard what I just said and we started to walk.

It was quiet when he break the ice. “Jang Mi’s a really nice name. It suits you,” When he said that, I look up to him, examining his face if he’s being sarcastic or just messing around.

But he wasn’t. He looked serious.

And I felt butterflies in my stomach. Feels like I can have a butterfly garden with these.

He glance at me and shake his head, “I’m saying the truth, Jang Mi, and I’m not messing around with you. But I really do prefer your real name… it’s the nicest name I’ve heard.. Scarlett”

I think this guy can read my head. He keep on answering the questions inside my head. Maybe my face just tells everything what I’m thinking.

And I don’t know, I just love how he say my name. How his lips say Scarlett. I open my mouth to say something but I couldn’t answer him again when Chanyeol went between us.

“You two look good. You should start dating,” He said, teasing us then Suho elbowed him on his stomach. Chanyeol made an ‘oh’ sound.

“Shut up, Yoda.” He glared at him and I laughed at the sight of them. They look really close… and really cute.

I opened the door and there goes the way they look again. It feels like they’re looking through my soul. Feels like I’m a suspect and they’re the inspectors.

“Why is Suho the one carrying the tray?” Producer Jimin furrowed his eyebrows when he saw the sight of us. He’s a little older than me but he acts like he’s 40 years old. Sorry PD, but it’s true.

“Hyung, I voluntarily carried the tray for her. Stop acting like you’re so old,” Suho shook his head and laugh, but I still apologized to him even though Suho saved me. It’s really weird, I think he can hear everything I said in my head.

“I’m sorry for making you carry the tray,” I said quietly and get the tray from him, but he still insist. Oh, stubborn, I see.

“It’s really okay, Scarlett,” He said, gripping onto the tray.

Jimin cleared his throat and smirk, “Oooohhh, I see. So you asked her her name, huh?” Producer Jimin that made the guys laugh out loud. Suho didn’t say anything.

“So that’s where you went when you said you’re going to be back in a few minutes,” The guy that looks like a puppy wiggles his eyebrows up and down.

“You just wanted to talk to  herrrr,” Chanyeol started to again, squinting his eyes. My cheeks are starting to burn. Gosh.

“Hyung is always like that when he’s interested with a girl,” Another blond guy grinned at us.

“Stop it,” Suho threw daggers at them and it made them laugh but they still stopped. It made me giggle though, he looked so cute when he’s glaring. Being angry looks like it’s not his thing. Plus, he looks too angelic that even if he frowns, he still looks good.

I began to give them their snacks and Suho is still accompanying me. While I give them their sandwich, they always wink at us. It makes me uncomfortable… a little. Or not at all, really.

“Please introduce yourself to us, Miss Park.” I was completely stunned when PD Jimin suddenly said that. I hate introducing myself in front of people. But 10 persons isn’t that much. But still… Even though I look confident, I really am shy and doesn’t socialize that much. I don’t even have friends, seriously. Turns out I’m not that confident like I thought.

But I followed him, he’s my boss so I better follow everything he said, or just leave the company, “O-okay, sir...” I cleared my throat and tried to look at them, but instead, I just looked at Suho. The reassuring smile on his face made me worry less.

“I-I’m Scarlett Smith, but my korean name’s Park Jang Mi. Nice to meet you all.” I bowed at them and grinned. Suho does make me feel better. There’s something about him that makes me comfortable when he’s around, even though we’d just met. It’s like I’ve known him for a long time. Like, he’s an old friend. It’s kinda weird but I really like his company.

“I didn’t know you had another name,” PD Jimin nods, he looks satisfied.

“Looks like you don’t know EXO, midget,” I looked around and examine their faces.

Room A1, check. Only idols stayed there.

Faces looks like perfection, check. First time I laid my eyes on them, I think I can change the meaning of perfection.

Idol aura, check. The way they look, the way they dress is really idol-like.

I didn’t know they were EXO. I never had the time to check them out when my co-workers mentioned it to me back then. I can’t even watch my favorite kdramas anymore ( makes me want to cry, actually  ). How can I even fangirl to boy groups these days? I’ve only been living here in Korea for a month but my work’s already taking so much of my time. And I have two jobs. Mostly at night, I work as a waitress in a restaurant nearby my house. And when it’s day, I work here at SBS. My life just , isn’t it?

 I feel bad though, for not knowing them. I bet they make good music and has a lot of fans. Plus, by the looks of them, they look really professional and works really hard. I guess they do deserve what they have right now. No, not I guess, I know.

“I think so. I didn’t have time to fangirl to boy groups these days… which is really sad,” I muttered the last few words for them to not hear it, but then Suho bit his lower lip to prevent laughing, looks like he heard what I said. Shame on you, Scarlett.

“I guess you’re a really busy girl then. Let’s introduce ourselves to her!” Chanyeol said, clapping his hands together and he look so excited. You’re not the only one who’s excited, Chanyeol. I’m even more excited than you.

Suho went behind me and I got surprise when he whisper something to me, “You should take a seat. It’ll take a long time,” I nod slightly and whispers back a ‘thank you’ to him so we wouldn’t get a lot of teasing again. He’s such a gentleman. He’s really someone familiar to me. Like someone in the past. Or maybe just someone I saw in my dreams. Mehhh. Nevermind. Be thankful.

“Okay okay, I’m gonna start.. You already know me, Park Chanyeol.” And then they started introduce theirselves to me one by one. Some of their names are really familiar, I already heard some of their names when I pass by to some co-workers some times.

And they’re like;

Oh my freaking gosh, Sehun and Baekhyun is so hot.

Lay more like sLAY asdasd

Chanyeol can have my babies now.

And more and more and more fangirls everywhere. But I ignored them ( I partly regret that I haven’t check out EXO. Damn, I would’ve been a fan. ), because I was busy. I was trying to make myself fit here and make myself live. My parents doesn’t know that I’m some assistant here in SBS. We lost contact to each other but I think they thought I became a producer immediately, but here, I need to be on the bottom first before I reach the top. I like the challenge though, I’m always the girl who likes thrill and excitement and everything.

They were asking me questions and I didn’t mind answering them. They’re like my long lost guy best friends. The friends I’ve always wanted to have when I was a kid. The friends I dreamt of helping when they need something, but then maybe they are the friends I’ve been looking for. Even the so-called-scary-producer Jimin I know, he’s fun to be with. I didn’t expect him to be this goofy and playful like EXO.

Then I remembered something.

“Jang Mi! Hurry up and get my make-up kit in room A2!”

“Oh crap!” I immediately stood up and they looked so surprised.

I lower my head, “I- uh- I gotta go, my boss is going to kill me. Thank you for being so kind to me. Good luck on the come back stage! See you around!” I said hurriedly as I open the door and leave the room. I hear PD Jimin bid his goodbyes to EXO too, saying that he’d be going with me and he’ll catch up with them later.

And when he closed the door, I heard Sehun say, “Hyung, it’s her right? The girl you loved.”

I froze in my place and PD Jimin probably noticed my reaction. He cleared his throat, “Hey, here’s the room A2.” I can’t think straight. Do I look like the girl he loved? PD Jimin looks like he knows something that’s why he changed the subject immediately. I’m confused at the moment, but I focused and think of other things. I need to work.

But is that the reason why he’s so concerned at me?

I closed my eyes, making myself forget what I just heard and just went inside the room and hurriedly look for the make-up kit and Thank God, I immediately found it.

“PD Jimin, I’ll go now. My boss might kill me. Thank you!” I bowed at him and sprint back at the backstage.

Please be in a good mood. Please be in a good mood. Please please please.

When I was back, I can feel her aura. Her furious aura. I’m so gonna get fired today. Good bye, Korea.

I shut my eyes close and hoped that she wouldn’t be firing me. All my hard work would be gone because of my stupid mistake. I admit, I had fun with EXO a while ago. But my work here is my priority and I don’t want to lose my job.

“I’m sorry, ma—“

“Where were you, you stupid girl? You made me wait for 20 minutes!” Oh crap. I’m dead. Farewell, friends.

“I was lost—“ I tried to explain but she kept on talking.

“Room A2 is just there. Why would you get lost!” The loudness of her voice caused people to stop working and they started to watch us. I felt uneasy because of the attention given to me. Really, my life.

I wasn’t looking at her, I just looked down, hoping that the earth would swallow me right now. She sighed, obviously frustrated and angry at the same time, “Look at me! Stop looking on the ground!” She shouted again and a shiver run down through my spine. I feel really scared of her right now but I still looked at her. Be brave, Scarlett. She can’t eat you alive.

“Yah! Kim Yerin! Stop shouting at her.” I heard PD Jimin said. Why is he saying that?

“What?” She turned to face him, he’s behind me. She crossed her arms in front of her chest, “What do you want? I’m in the middle of lecturing here,” She look so pissed. I wouldn’t blame her, I’d get so pissed when someone will be late for 20 minutes.

“I asked her to do something. She made snacks for EXO and I asked her to stay. Do you have any objections?” He challenged her, I gulped.  PD Jimin is right beside me now, crossing his arms, imitating her actions.

Yerin frowned and roll her eyes, “Shut up, oppa,” PD Jimin laughed at her expression and I’m surprised that they’re close. They look like they’re siblings. Now that I look at them both closely, they do look alike. Maybe it’s just pure coincidence. Stop it, Scarlett.

“I’m going to need Jang Mi sometimes. But next time, I’ll tell you, okay? So stop being angry now,” He pat her head and when he’s out of Yerin’s eyes, I saw him wink at me, I smile at him. Thank you God, for giving me another chance.

She sigh and say, “Hmm, okay. Jang Mi, now help me with their make-up. You’re going to be so busy because you’re going to be assigned here for a month or less,” I caught her smile at me before turning around. She wasn’t that bad after all. I nod, bit my lower lip, trying to hide my smile and started to work again. We fixed idol’s hair, retouch their make-ups, choose their outfit for their stage performance. And Thank God, good thing I watched a few make-up and hair tutorials a few years ago so I have a thing with make-up and fashion now.

And Yerin is right, I did a lot of work. Now I learned a new lesson here, don’t be a few minutes late or else you’re going to have pile of works to do. Noted.

I was drinking water when it was 5 minutes before EXO’s comeback stage. My heart skipped a beat when I saw Suho entering the backstage. Stupid heart.

I pretended that I was doing something with my phone and ignored him that I got shocked when someone tapped my shoulder.

It’s him.

“O-ohh. Hi, Suho-ssi. Do you want me to fix your hair for you? Your comeback stage will start in 5 minutes,” I smiled nervously at him, somehow hoping that he’d say yes.

He simply smiled and nod then took a seat near me. I stood up and went behind him. I leaned to get the wax in front of the table then I paused and hesitated before I run my fingers through his soft hair, fixing it. I glanced at the mirror to see if I did the right thing.. but I froze when I see him staring at me. Oh, stop playing games with me. It makes me believe.

“What?” I laughed awkwardly.

I look away, he said, “You look… never mind.” He shook his head and smiled. I look like someone, huh?

“EXO GET IN YOUR PLACES NOW. THE SHOW IS ABOUT TO START!”

“Good luck out there. I know you guys could do well, Suho-ssi” I gently gave him a pat on his head before he stand up.

“Why are you suddenly using honorifics on me?” He ask, I said nothing.

He sigh, “Are you going to watch?”

“Of course I am, Suho-ssi,”

He smiled, he looked hurt, but still went to enter the stage. I just stood there, watching him go to his place. He turned to look at me and gestured me to watch in front. I shook my head and made an ‘x’ with my arms, telling him that I’m not allowed to go there. He playfully pout and clasp his hands together and plead. I sighed in defeat and nod, looking around if anyone could see me.

It wouldn’t kill me if I break one rule today, right?

Oh, I don’t care. I already did a lot of mistakes now. Why not keep on doing it? I could just sneak out. I love thrills anyway, and I would love to watch them live, in front.

 

I had my baseball cap on and sneaked out. I stood in front at the side of the stage, enough for me to see them. The loud music played and EXO started dancing to the beat. No doubt, they look so different on-stage and off-stage. They look so freaking cool and hot at the same time on-stage. Does that even makes sense? Oh well, I think it does when we’re talking about EXO. They are funny and goofy off-stage, completely different with the EXO I’m seeing right now.

The deafening shrieks and fan chants of the fans around me, makes my ear hurt. But I saw Suho smiled at me and I grin.

I shriek and shout the fan chants with the fangirls. I let out a giggle when it was Suho’s part. He sang the lines so good and dances so well. I waved my hand with the beat of the music and saw him wink at me, it made fangirls shriek, of course. I covered my ears and shook my head, playfully glaring at him.

Their performance was good. SO GOOD. My instincts are correct. They have a lot of fans and they make good music. I had fun watching them and it has been a long time since I experienced something this fun. Everything about their performance is so perfect. And while I was watching them, I didn’t know my heart was beating so fast all the time. Maybe because of the excitement I feel, or maybe because of Suho. Now I don’t care if I do look someone you loved.

 

 

Months passed and I’m still working at SBS. I watched a lot of boy and girl group’s performances but my favorite one’s the first I watched. I got promoted 2 times and I work at the office now, few promotions more and my dreams will truly come true now. I’ll be a producer.

What happened with me and EXO? Well, we became close friends. I wasn’t expecting them to still talk to me even after their performance at SBS. Producer Jimin and I got close too, but I still set my limitations when we’re at work. My boss, Yerin, is not working at SBS anymore. I didn’t know she was EXO’s close friend too, but she’s out of the country right now, so I haven’t heard anything from her yet.

Sometimes, EXO and I hang out when we aren’t busy. I go to their house when I have time and when they feel like bugging me, they go to my house. I didn’t mind that there are 9 guys around me. I only saw them as my friends, best friends. But Suho’s the one whom I feel comfortable the most. I tell him my secrets that I can’t even tell the other guys. Like me, telling him that I saw him in my dreams sometimes.

 

“Yahh Sehun! Go and buy some soju at the convenient store. That’s the only thing that can comfort this tiny weirdo,” Kai said, while caressing my back gently. I’m here at their house and it’s midnight.  I’m crying my eyes out because Manager Oh scolded me and shouted at me, saying that I wouldn’t be a producer if I’m being stupid. I sob and cried like a kid who couldn’t get what she want.

“Come with me then! Let’s buy lots and have chicken and beer tonight. Woot!” Sehun said, excitedly. He ruffle my hair before going out with Kai. They went together and I’m left with Lay, Suho, and Xiumin. D.O, Chen, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol has a schedule today so they will probably come home later.

I sniff, wiping my tears with the back of my hand, “I don’t even know where that room is! He always ask me to bring files to this and that room. I even get lost at my school back then, how can I even manage to memorize and know the rooms around that huge building? Why do they expect me to memorize all that ? Gosh,” Lay laughed at what I said before giving me a pillow, my favorite pillow. They know that when I cry, I get angry afterwards. They’re sweet, aren’t they? They rock, I know.

I cover my face with the pillow and let out a scream, “How can I become a producer if I’m this stupid! Even my dreams are stupid! Even the people there are stupid… including me obviously,” I furrowed my eyebrows before punching the pillow so hard then it made a fart sound that made me laugh a little.

I giggle and pout, “What the was that?” I punch the pillow hard and this time, the sound is louder. I squint my eyes at them and they put their hands up like they’re surrendering.

“You guys did this to my favorite punching bag pillow?” My voice rising, threatening them.

“Yep. It’s fun, isn’t it?” Xiumin chuckle instead of being scared. They know me so well. They know that I wouldn’t get angry at them so easily.

“Well… I got to admit it’s really fun. I’d like to have this please,” I grin and started to wipe my nose with my shirt, but Suho, who has been quiet all this time, gave me a handkerchief and I used it. I look up at him and smile.

“It’s yours in the first place anyway. You can bring it home and punch it when you feel like it. We’ll make another one so when you go here and cry like a baby again, we’ll give it to you,” Lay pinch both of my cheeks and stretch it out a little.

“But am I still going to be a producer?” I mumble, my cheeks still stretched.

“Of course you are. You’re great, and they will be the one who’ll look stupid if they fired an intelligent girl like you,” Suho said.

“He’s right. So don’t worry, if you get fired, we’ll help you find a better job, okay? Lots of job suits you,” Xiumin said.

I let out a breath. I don’t know if I still want to become a producer, or maybe I just don’t want to be a producer at SBS since there’s a lot of job to do there. Sometimes, I considered giving up. When I was making a report and it’s 4 a.m in the morning, I can’t even freaking finish it on time, I even called Suho to go to my house because I needed help. Good thing he just got home that time. But I still felt bad. I had to apologize multiple times and insist him to buy him lunch for days.

And I remembered something.

 

10 years ago.

“What’s your dream, sweetheart?” My dad asked me. He let me sit on his lap while I’m drinking my chocolate drink.

I hummed and tilt my head, “I want to live in Korea. Maybe I can be a producer or a fashion designer or anything. As long as I live there, I guess I can do anything,” I said, happily.

“That’s stupid, Scarlett.” My younger brother, Steve, teased me that made my mother glare at him to shut him up.

“Don’t you want to become the CEO of our company, honey? You’re the oldest and we need an inheritor,” Mom caressed my dark brown brown hair, looking so worried.

“Mom, I want to be something in Korea. You can just give my position to Steve. Looks like he likes it more than me,”

“But sweetheart, your grandma and grandpa wants you to be the one having the position. Steve will be the President, You’ll be the CEO,” Dad gently caressing my cheek with his thumb.

I pout, “Tell grandma and grandpa that I don’t want to be the CEO. I want to be in Korea no matter what happens,”

“What would your parents tell to us, dear?” I got startled when my grandparents are standing in our doorway.

“That I want to live in Korea and work there, grandma.” I ran to hug them and when I pulled away, I look up at them and they’re furrowing their eyebrows.

“That’s non-sense, sweety. You should be the next CEO after your father,”

“But I don’t want to be a CEO, grandma!” I whine, tears starting to well up in my eyes.

“Sweety, stop being so hard-headed. Living in Korea is such a stupid dream,” And then that was that, I cried my eyes out for days after they said that. I thought they’d support my dream, but they didn’t. So after I graduated high school, I studied at Edinburgh on my own. I ran away and I saved my money to make myself live. I didn’t need them to support me. I want to prove them that I can reach my dreams without their money and I’ll be showing them that my oh-so-called dream isn’t stupid at all.  

 

I got startled when Xiumin’s phone ring, “Got to answer this, be right back.” He stood up and answer his call when he’s outside.

“I need to take a shower, I feel gross right now. I’ll leave you two alone,” Lay hurriedly went upstairs and then Suho and I is alone again. I leaned to get the Kleenex on the coffee table near Suho but before I reached it, he gave it to me. I mumble a ‘thank you’.

He moved closer to me and ask me to turn around. I did, and he began to massage my back. He knows I like it when someone massages my back when I’m tired. Looks like he knows I’m really tired right now. Well, my face does really says it all. The dark circles around my eyes are starting to show again.

After a few minutes of silence, he speak first, “You know, Scarlett. You could just quit anytime. You don’t look happy anymore. You can change your dreams anytime you want and you know that. Besides, you could just ask for your family’s help. You look really tired right now,” He sighed.

I tilt my head slightly, looking at him at the corner of my eyes, “It’s not that easy. I ran away and haven’t contacted for years now. They didn’t even bother to find me,” I frowned. I started to feel angry.. and sad.

“Maybe they just gave you space. Maybe they were watching you from afar while you work after all this years. Maybe they thought it was the best to leave you alone while you reach your dreams because they know you wanted to prove them wrong,” He slowly moved his hands up to my neck, making me shiver at his touch.

I sigh, “I really really miss them a lot. My idiotic younger brother, Steve, I wish he’s doing well as a CEO. I heard that he’s doing good running the company. My parents, I wish they’re doing well even without their cute daughter,” I let out a weak chuckle, choking a little. I’m trying to look strong in front of him, but I couldn’t.

He was quiet, all of a sudden, “Yooohoo, still there?”

He hums, “Hmm, I’m listening. Just talk,”

I sigh and hug my legs to my chest. I reached for a pillow, resting my head on it, “I told you that they think my dream is stupid, right? Well, now I realized it was a bit stupid that I think about it. I realized that maybe being a producer isn’t really my dream. Maybe it’s just that I want to prove them wrong… Oh gosh, where did you learn how to massage so good?” I let out a breath, closing my eyes. He chuckled as a response and I continued talking. As you can see, he’s a really good listener.

“It’s my pride that made me stay here even though it’s really hard. I want to show them I can live by my own. It’s been 7 years when I left them and I ing regret it. I thought about it carefully and at least I met you guys when I moved here or else my life would so bad,” I giggle, remembering the first time we met.

I felt his hands running through my hair, I love it when someone do that.

After a few minutes of silence, I sit straight and face him, “You know, I remembered something… When I was at college, I always study and study and study. I didn’t have the chance to meet some people, I never had friends.. which is really sad though. I expected my college life to be cool and all like the other ones have but it big time. I stayed in the library all the time. It’s like my sanctuary or something. Then there was this guy…” My voice trails off. I looked up at him and saw him watching me expectantly.

“This guy, I always see him when I study in the library. He’s always across my favorite table. He studies hard, just like me. When I first saw him, it looks like I see myself in him. Like, we’re the same or something. I also find him so ing attractive. I swear, when he removes his specs, God knows how handsome he is. I sound like a complete weirdo, but up until now, I can’t forget how his eyes look when he focus onto something and the way he looks up at me and smile when I just came in…” I sigh dreamily and rest my chin on the couch headboard. I laugh at my own silliness.

“I liked him. There was this moment when I can’t understand what I’m studying and maybe he noticed how frustrated I looked and then he sat beside me, asking me where I got confused. After that, we talked a lot when we see each other in the library. We even hang out outside the campus. And he’s a really great tutor, by the way,” Suho just looked at me and I could see it at the corner of my eyes, but I still continued. I raise my hand in front of my face and look at it.

“And after a few months, we become really close friends, we even have a favorite café.  But then, one day, I asked him to meet me at our favorite café, I waited for him for a few hours, but he never came. Actually, this sounds crazy but I’m planning on telling him my feelings that day. It’s funny because I never liked someone before him. I’m that lonely. But just like that, I never saw him again. I never heard something about him again,” I pout playfully and fidget at my place, looking up at him again.

I’m examining his face and he’s doing the same thing. We just looked at each other for a few seconds and then I grin, “This sounds weird but you do look like him. The first time I saw you, I felt that old familiar feeling when I was around him,” I chuckle, holding out my hand in front of him. He took it and began to massage my hand, sending a shiver down my spine. His hands are too soft and he touched my hand so gently like he’s so afraid I might break. He’s always like this to me. And, his hands are warm. Really warm. I just want him to hold my hand all day.

He opened his mouth to say something, then closes it again. When he’s about to say something again—

The door sprung open, revealing two guys, “Let’s get drunk tonight!!!” Sehun shouted while bringing up his hands, carrying two plastic bags that contains soju. While Kai is behind him with two plastic bags with boxes inside and I guess that’s chicken. It does smells like chicken. Hmm. Cravings satisfied.

But I looked at Suho again and pat his cheek then say, “Let’s talk about it later, mkay? Thank you very much for that wonderful massage you gave me,” I grin before planting a kiss on his cheek and stood up too excited. I went to hug Kai and Sehun, “Thank you, kiddos,” I mutter and get a bag at Sehun’s hand. I’m this touchy to them but it’s okay with them, they’re touchy like me, too.

“Xiumin oppa! Lay! Let’s have a drink!” I shouted. After a minute, Lay is running down the stairs, hair still wet. Xiumin got inside as well.

I already opened a bottle and chug it without needing a shot glass, “Yah, Yah! Easy there you drinking machine,” Xiumin gave me a glass and opened a bottle as well.

“Noona isn’t just a cursing machine, but also a drinking machine,” Kai laughs and I playfully hit his arm.

“Noona, why is soju and chicken your comfort food when you’re sad or angry?” Sehun cocked his head to one side while holding a chicken, looking curiously at me.

“Don’t forget, even when she has PMS, she always crave for soju and chicken. Plus, the ice cream, by the way,” Kai teases me more and I threw a pillow at him, throwing daggers at him.

“There’s actually a story behind it why I always crave for soju and chicken,” I grin, and they focused on me, listening carefully for another story. They lovelistening to my stories. To the most embarrassing moments, even the happiest moments in my life. They’re just great like that.

“When I was a kid, I told you guys I always watch korean dramas, then there’s this one drama that I really love, it’s my favorite until now and then the girl there enjoys eating chicken while drinking soju. So I promised to myself that when I get here in Korea, that’s the first thing I’ll try. When I tried it, it became my favorite. Gosh, I just love chicken and soju so much,” I wiped my fake tears, which made them laugh.

“But do you love chicken and soju more than us, noona?” Sehun frowns, more like a pout. He’s just the cutest. He always looks emotionless but when we guys hang out, he’s the most childish, just like Chanyeol. That yoda.

“Hmm. I never thought about that,” I teased them.

“Come on, noona!” He whined.

I giggle and pinch his cheek, “Of course I love you guys more than chicken and soju,” and then I didn’t know I glanced at Suho when I said that.

“Aw, noona ish so sweet,” Xiumin teases me that made me punch his arm, which made him groan.

“Sorry oppa, I’m not that sweet,” I stick my tongue out to him.

We just talk about some stuff and catch up to one another’s life while we drink soju and eat chicken. Sometimes when I laugh, I always catch Suho looking at me, and I can’t even read his face, and it makes me uncomfortable when I’m having a staring contest with someone so I looked away. He looked at me sadly or something, which is why I don’t understand why he looks at me like that. Hmm, I know our situation’s a little awkward. Me, looking like the girl he loved. He, looking like the guy I liked.

D.O, Chen, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol arrived at the same time after half an hour later. They also had soju but all they did is sleep after they drank a bottle. Poor kids, they look so tired. They can’t even drink properly.

I stood up and pull my shirt down to straighten it a little, “Hey, I’ll be going now. It’s late and… UGH. I’m going to work in a few hours. For goodness sake, I didn’t know I have work tomorrow,” I whine and Xiuimin laughed at me.

He nod and stand up as well, “Suho will drive you home. I’ll clean up this mess. Good luck, tiny weirdo! Drive safely, Suho,” He pat Suho’s back and I gave him a quick hug before I leave the house with Suho.

We walked in silence and I clear my throat to break it, “What are you going to say a while ago?”

He glance at me, “I forgot about it,” I sense someone lying to me.

I narrow my eyes at him, “Eyy, are you sure?” I said, poking his sides. I know when he lies.

He looked away and nod, I was speechless for a second. I expected him to tell me something but he looks like he’s hesitating about it. So I just let it go.

He opened the car door for me and I went inside. I just follow him with my gaze while he went inside the car. He started the engine and I turn on the radio, thrilled that my favorite song is playing, “I like this song!” I sang along which made Suho suppress a laugh.

I furrow my eyebrows, “Hey, I’m not that bad in singing. I used to want to become an idol when I was 15,” I gag at the thought of me becoming an idol. Imagine a tiny girl singing like a dying fish and dancing like some kind of weirdo. I grin when I made Suho laugh. I like the sound of his laugh. It’s like music.

“You’re not that bad,”

“Then should I sing for you every day?” I tease.

“I wouldn’t mind,” He mutter.

I laugh evilly, “Get your eardrums ready for my singing. It’ll hurt, a lot,”

“Why would my ears hurt if your voice is my favorite sound?” He said, still looking at the road. He never fail to make my heart flutter.

I become speechless, and I thought of speaking in English, hoping that he wouldn’t hear it, “You, sir, is being a complete weirdo again. Stop telling jokes like that, it makes me believe it’s all real,” I giggle and nudge him. I looked outside the window, feeling my face burn a little after what I just said.

When I look at him again, he’s staying still, like he has seen a ghost or something, “Why is your expression like that?”

He ignored my question, “What did you say a while ago? I didn’t understand it,”

I bit my lower lip and think of an excuse, Think, “I said, you’re being a complete weirdo again and you keep on joking around… It makes me want to punch you,” That’s a believable reason.

He was quiet again. I’m not used to Suho being quiet and all. We never ran out of topic when we’re together. I feel sad whenever we’re like that.

 

I took a nap and when I woke up, we’re in front of my house. I yawned and stretch my arms, “Thank you for the ride, oldie,” I said, rather tired and sleepy.

He yawn and rub his eyes. For ’s sake, he looked like a cute kid that’s sleepy, “No problemo, midget,” He look very tired and I don’t want him to drive home like that. He might get into an accident and I wouldn’t like that.

I hesitate before I ask, “Do you want to stay until the sun rises?” I looked at my watch and it’s already 2:40 in the morning.

He shake his head, “No, it’s fine. I’ll take a nap here for a few minutes before I drive home again,” He closed his eyes resting his head on the head board. He’s stubborn, but I’m more stubborn than him.

No. I won’t go outside if you’re not staying to rest,” I crossed my arms on my chest.

He sighed in defeat and closed the engine, putting his keys on his pockets, “I’m staying then,”

I grin and clapped my hands, “I know you can’t resist me,” I wiggle my eyebrows up and down playfully and went outside.

He stayed quiet behind me while I open the door of my house. My house is only small, enough for one person to live. I turn on the lights and I let Suho in. Maybe people would be uncomfortable and all when they’re with a guy alone in a house, but I wouldn’t mind if my best friends would stay here. It’s like a sleep over, right? I tried to think of that thought, that I’m not getting awkward, but I can’t. I can’t pretend that the guy I like is inside my house.

“You could take a shower while I prepare your bed. You still have some clothes left here the last time you visited me,” I tried to sound nonchalant as possible as I can, but really, my heart’s pounding so fast right now. I just can’t shake the idea of me being alone with Suho right now. I blush.

“You take a shower first and no need for you to fix my bed, I can do it myself. Just give me some pillows and a blanket,” He sat comfortably on the couch, eyes closed.

I sit beside him and put my hand on his forehead, I gasp, “Goodness. Your temperature’s really high. Plus, you look really worn out. What did you do all day?” He’s hot. Literally hot. His temperature is so high. So that’s why he has been so quiet all of a sudden. And that’s why his hands are extremely warm.

“Nothing, I—,” He coughed and, I started to panic.

Oh my gosh, Suho. You’re sweating so much right now,” I stood up and go inside my room to get a towel. I hurriedly went beside him. He shivered and turn his body to face me. My hands are shaking while I wipe his sweat.

He gently hold my wrist, opening his eyes a little, “Don’t worry about me, Scarlett. I’m fine,” He smiled and brush my hair away from my face. I frown and cover his hand with mine. I’m always this touchy and he knows it.

“Shut up. I’m worried sick right now, Joonmyeon. You always help me and now it’s my turn to return the favor. Now, just shut your pretty mouth and let me take care you,” I smile, reassuringly and pat his head.

He sigh and nod, hugging himself, “Let’s go to my room first. You sleep in my bed and please, no objections, Thank you,” I glare at him before he would tell something again. He let out an exasperated chuckle and it made me weak. I just want to take care of him right now. If I could just switch our situation right now and I’ll be the one who’s sick just to make him feel ant, I’d do anything.

I helped him stand up and made our way to our room. He lay down and let out a groan, “Stay put and I’ll go get some medicine and water in the kitchen, alright?” I didn’t wait for him to answer me and just immediately go and get some medicine and water.

When I came back, his eyes are closed. I hesitated whether I wake him up and make him drink medicine and change his clothes because he just kept on sweating. I sat near him and check his temperature. It hasn’t come down yet. I made a ‘tsk’ sound that made him move a little.

“Sorry,” I mumble and when I stood up, he pulled me towards him and suddenly, I’m lying beside him. I can feel the butterflies in my stomach. I can smell his scent and he’s so close to me I can feel his breath on the back of my neck. I wish he wouldn’t feel my heart beating so fast.

My head is rested on his arm. I tried to speak and say his name and it came out like a choke, “S-Suho?”

He hums, wrapping an arm around my waist, “Y-You should take your meds and change your clothes before you sleep, so you could feel better and comfortable,” I whisper.

He didn’t answer and I hear him breath. I gathered up the courage left in me and I carefully turn my body so I could face him. He look so peaceful that I don’t want to bother his rest anymore. He does look like an angel from above. I examined his perfect face, taking it all in but when he slightly open an eye to look at me, I cleared my throat and tap his cheek, “Please,” I plead.

He smiled and nod, “But first, let’s stay like this for a few minutes,” He pulled me closer. My eyes couldn’t look away even though my insides are starting to burn because of him. It’s like I got hypnotized. I simply nod, proud of myself that I still managed to do that even though I couldn’t move.

“Let me tell you a story,” He started but I squint my eyes at him. I know this would take long. So I turn on my stubborn mode again.

“Nahh-uh, take your meds and change your clothes before you tell that story of yours, grandpa,” I smiled sweetly at him, slightly teasing him.

He sigh in defeat and pout a little, making me giggle. I help him sit up and hand him his meds and water. I just watch him. After he took it, he look up at me, “Go on and ask me anything. I know you want to ask me something,”

He always knew when I wanted to tell, or ask him something. So I sigh and get the clothes on the table, gently putting it beside him, “Can you change your clothes on your own?”

Suho hums in response and I nod, leaving the room. I’m pacing back and forth in front of my room, biting my nails nervously. I’ve never seen him like that before.

He called out for my name and I took a deep breath before coming inside my room. I gasp at the sight of him, “Goodness, I couldn’t even believe you’re older than me. Let me wipe your sweat for you, you poor oldie,” I frown and he chuckle at my reaction.

I let out a breath and walk towards him, “Turn around. Now,” I instructed him and he followed without saying anything. I hold my breath while I put my hand inside his shirt, wiping his sweat. I felt his muscles relax at my touch. I smiled.

 “Scarlett,”

“Hmm?”

I saw him hesitate and I gently pat his back, telling him to continue, “Can you stay with me here tonight?”

I laugh a little, “I’m going to stay, who said I’ll leave my house?  I’ll sleep on the floor, you sleep on my bed, no buts,”

“No. I mean… stay beside me. Tonight,” His voice raspy and exhausted. I was stunned for a moment when he tilted his head to look at me.

“But it’s okay if—“

“No, it’s okay. I’ll stay with you tonight,” He went still and turned around to face me. He was looking at me like I said something unbelievable.

I raise an eyebrow, “What?”

“Nothing,” He smile and lay down, pulling the blanket to cover his body.

“I’ll go change into my pajamas, okay?” I said, taking his slightly wet shirt and get my favorite pajamas. Then I realized my heart wasn’t beating normally, it was beating too fast.

 

When I came back inside my room, he looks like he’s sleeping already. Again, I hesitate again whether if I just sleep in the living room or stay with him.

Stay with him. He needs you. He’s sick, for goodness sake.

But it makes you feel uneasy being so close to him. Your heart might explode, dear.

And I just stood there, choosing if I walk out or stay. I want to stay with him but I feel so nervous when we’re too close to each other.

I finally have a decision and choose to walk out. I walk towards him first and kneel down so I can look at him clearly. He really does need to rest a lot. His pale face still looking handsome. No doubt, he’s Suho.

I just stared at him for a few minutes. His chest moving as he breath. I still like listening to him even though he’s only like this.

I stand up, caress his cheek and turn around, when I was about to leave, I heard him mumble something, “What?” I whisper, and face him.

Stay,” He mumble, and pats the space beside him, weakly. I felt like my heart is about to drop while I’m walking towards him.

I sat on the bed and carefully lay beside him. I can feel his hot breath hit my neck. We’re that close again.

I can’t even breath properly, how can he do that?

“Let me see your face,” He whisper, I turn to face him.

He smiled and reaches out to caress my cheek with his thumb, “You still looked the same. You’re still the smart college girl I met in the library back then,”

 

After a few months when he said that he was the guy I like, I still can’t believe he’s just in front of me after all this time. So that answers why Sehun asked him if I was her when we first met. That answers why he looked so familiar when I first saw him. That answers why I felt the old feeling I have with that guy when I’m with Suho. It practically answers every questions I have. But besides all that question, I’m so glad I met him again. That made us closer to each other than before.

We told the other guys everything and this is what happened…

Holy crap. They’re shrieking like girls.

I cover my whole face and mutter, “Why the am I friends with them?”

Oh my ing gosh. Are you guys going to get married?” Sehun said. I throw daggers at him. But I’m feeling embarrassed.

“This will be the last time I’ll say this, Sehun. STOP ING CURSING OR I’LL CUT YOUR TONGUE!” I yell and they burst in laughter.

I pout and say, “You guys always laugh at me like I’m a clown,”

“You are our tiny clown. Did you forget that already?” Baekhyun teases me which made me lunge myself on top of him and tickle his neck.

“Say it again, Bacon,” I say, rather too sweet. He can’t stop laughing when I started to tickle him so he surrendered.

“Suho immediately recognized you, Jang Mi. But he’s not that sure so he didn’t say anything,” Xiumin smiles, leans closer to me so he can squeeze my cheek.

I look at Suho, asking him if it’s true and he nods, smiling.

So I’m the only one who didn’t recognize him in the first place? I feel so guilty that I couldn’t look at him in the eyes for the whole day.

But the most important thing that happened in a few months is that he’s courting me now. It’s been 2 months since he started courting me.  He drives me home whenever he doesn’t have a schedule. He always bring me food when I tell him that I haven’t eat lunch yet. It’s like he’s not busy at all because he always makes time for me, like, every time. I feel grateful though, very.  I never had someone give me so much time in their life. And that… is just one out of a thousand reason why I fell in love to him.

And then yesterday I told him I wanted to go to an amusement park.

It’s Saturday in the morning when I heard my phone ring. I lazily reach for it on the table and answer the call, “Hmm?”

“Let’s go somewhere. I’m in front of your house,” The familiar voice said.

I look at the caller I.D with an eye open and it’s Suho. I whine, “But it’s too early to go somewhere, Joonmyeon,”

“Okay then, Princess. I’ll wait until you’re ready,” He said. I can feel him smile when he said that.

I immediately sat up and shake my head, as if he can see me right now, “Oh no, no! I’m wide awake now. Wait inside your car, it’s too cold. I’ll go and take a bath, okay? Bye!” I said. As soon as I hung up, I went straight to the bathroom and take a bath.

I’m wearing a gray long sleeves and skirt with my favorite pink coat when I came out of my house. I just have my sling bag with my phone and money. It only took me 15 minutes to prepare and I didn’t even have the chance to wear make-up anymore. .

I’m putting a beanie on my head when I saw Suho leaning on his car, a hand inside his pocket, other one behind his back, looking so manly and cute at the same time. I stop on my tracks when I see him staring at me. We were having a staring contest and when he bring his hand up, holding a bouquet of roses, I blink a few times before I smile shyly at him while I’m walking. I hid my face with my hair.

“What’s that for?” I ask, while he’s giving it to me.

He shrug and smile, “Roses for my Jang Mi,” I chuckle and get it from his hands.

“I see what you did there, huh,’ I smell the flowers and closed my eyes as I savor the scent.

I grin and wrap my arms around his neck to hug him, “Thank you,” I whisper to his ear.

He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him, “All for you, Scarlett,”

I smile and felt my heart skip a beat. Suho just kept on giving me heart attacks even if it’s really unexpected, “Where are we going anyway?” I said, pulling away from the hug, but his arms are still around my waist.

“To the amusement park,” He said, letting go of me. I widen my eyes and jump around like a little kid.

“Are you kidding me?”

“No I’m not,” He laughs and open the car door for me.

I pause and look at him. I said, “Thank you so much for everything, Joonmyeon,” I smiled, tip toed to plant a kiss on his cheek and go inside the car.

 

We’re going to the Lotte World and I kept on beaming and shrieking the whole time. I think it’s an indoor amusement park and it’s perfect for the cold weather today. I’m so happy right now that I can’t stop smiling. I can feel Suho glance at me from time to time when he had the chance to. So when he looks at me, I grin at him. Sometimes, I stick my tongue out at him, making him laugh.

We were talking about his schedule when he told me that he’ll be starring in a drama and I shriek when I heard the news, “Congrats, oldie! When will the shooting start? And what’s the title of the drama? I’m going to watch it!” I grip his arm with my hands and shake it, like it’ll make answers come out from him.

He grin, showing his white teeth, “I don’t know the title yet, actually. But maybe shooting will start next week and I’ll be busy again for sure. So I’ll spend this whole week with you. Hope you wouldn’t mind though,” He pat my head and I felt my face burn so I tried to cover my face with my hands.

“I wouldn’t mind at all. Make sure you still rest, okay?” I look outside the window, biting my lower lip to prevent myself from smiling.

He nod and say, “Why are you hiding your face?” He ask, focusing on me when the car stops because of the stop light.

“I-uhh, I’m not wearing any make-up,” I stutter.

He held my chin to turn my head to face him and I blush while he look at me intently, examining my face, “You don’t need make-up anymore. You look really gorgeous already,” He said, then he pinches my cheek gently when the stop light’s green.

I’m blushing the whole ride and he chuckle at my reaction, “You’re too adorable,” it, he kept on making me feel too many emotions at once.

The ride took us 45 minutes before we arrive there. There were a few people because it’s too early so I hurriedly went inside. I waited for Suho to catch up with me and I ask him to move faster, “Let’s go!” I yell and jump excitedly.

We tried all the rides in the amusement park, even the ones that I’m scared the most, I didn’t mind riding it, at all. As long as Suho’s right beside me, I know I’ll be fine. I didn’t realize that time passed by so quickly, it’s already 4 in the afternoon.

We sat on the bench while we eat our corndogs, watching the kids have fun riding the bumper cars, “It’s been years since I last went in an amusement park. I never had the chance to visit one ever since I started living here. Actually, I never had the chance to go to places in Korea,” I chuckle bitterly.

He look at me intently, “I never expected my life would be like this here. Beyond expectations, really,” I shake my head and smile.

“You know what they say, expect the unexpected,” He said, jokingly.

I laugh a little and say, “You guys made my life better. Without you, I’d be lost and I guess I’ve already given up months ago,”

“I know you wouldn’t do that. You’re a strong girl,”

“I’m not that strong,”

“You are. You know why?” I shrug and he continued.

 “You’re living alone for years without even asking any help from your family. You managed to stay here even though it’s hard. You stayed on your feet even if things are getting difficult for you to handle. You’re a really strong girl, don’t underestimate yourself, okay?”

I smiled and lift my hands up in the air, “Okay okay, I surrender. But seriously, you guys helped me to get through this ty life,” We laughed and I shake my head.

“If you say so… But you know you made our life better too. You never failed to make us laugh,” He grin and gave me a bottle of water.

I drink water before I pout, I said, “Pft, you guys always bully me,”

He chuckle and put strands of my hair behind my ear, “That’s how we express our love for you,” He laughs.

Psh, love,” I playfully roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at him. I’m looking around when I saw a mini ferris wheel nearby.

I nudge him, pointing at the mini ferris wheel, “I want to ride that ferris wheel before we go,” I grin and stood up. I hold my hand out to help him stand.

He took my hand and say, “What Jang Mi wants, Jang Mi gets,” He squeeze my hand gently before letting go. Even though I show him hints that I like him, he still know the word limitation and continues to become a true gentleman. Let’s see what happens later.

We went to ride the mini ferris wheel and people look us like we’re doing something crazy. Well, we are doing something crazy. We’re the only adults that ride the ferris wheel without a kid. Some of the adults are just accompanying their children. You only live once, they said.

Suho and I looked at each other and shrug before laughing out loud, “I guess there’s a lot of judgmental people here, huh,” I said as I bend over to go inside.

“There are a lot of them down there,” He looks outside the window when the engine starts.

I scoff, “They don’t want to enjoy life like us,”

He glance knowingly at me, “Mhmm,”

“And hey, why didn’t they recognize you? You’re Kim freaking Joonmyeon,”

He pointed at the scarf around his neck and the cap on his head, “That’s what these things do, it always works,” He laughs, sending jolts around my body. Favorite sound.

“If I saw you like that, I’d immediately recognize you though,”

“Of course you’ll do. You have a hawk eyes that can see everything,” He tease.

I lean my body on the window and bring my feet up on the space beside me, “Not everything, I guess,” I hug my legs against my chest.

We stayed silent for a minute before I speak and look up at him, “Tell me your dreams, Joonmyeon,”

He turn to face me and bit his lower lip, like his thinking, “When I was young, I just want to finish my studies and be an idol…” He trailed off.

I tilt my head, looking at him expectantly, “And then suddenly… You.. became my dream,”

I stayed still on my seat, trying to sink in everything he said, “I just want to be with you,” He whisper, rather shy of his little confession.

I noticed that we’re on top now and I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out, “You can tell me if I’m crossing the—“ I cut his sentence short.

“What if your dreams will come true now?” I smiled sheepishly before burying my face in my arms, trying to hide the redness of my face

“I- uhh…” He stammered and pause when realization hit him, “Wait- what?”

I look up at him, my cheek rested on my arm, “Well, I dream of being with you too, sir,” I wink at him and giggle.

He froze and just look at me, “Are you kidding—“

“No, I’m not, sir,”

And then he hugged me so tight, “, this is so unreal,” He whisper, running his hand through my hair. I laugh and hug him back, caressing his back.

“Hmm, you do realize that we’re about to leave, right?” I said, as I took a peak outside.

“But I just want to hug my girl all day,”

 


Okay so I'm really sorry for the really late update. I hope you like my first one-shot story! I'll right another one soon.

 

Subscrube & Comment!