The of All Trainee- Haemi

Classic Goes To CUBE ENT

Jihae just completed her morning training with her instructors and even went through some vocal training before that. She was left alone in the dance studio after her instructors left. Jihae wasn’t completely satisfied with the progress today. She was still lacking when it came to dancing which gives of a y vibe. She never needed to show off a y vibe when doing ballet. Now, she’s really facing difficulty.

*I need to put in extra effort to debut faster! Jihae, HWAITING* Jihae tried motivating herself.

She pulled out a chair and pressed the play button on the music player. It started playing one of Lee HyoRi’s songs. Jihae started off with some perfect waves and splits. She got the hang of it and continued till the song ended. Jihae sat on the chair, tired as ever. It was something new and she found it quite strenuous. She tried to steady her breathes, letting her arms swing freely before.

“What’s the use if there’s no one judging how good I am? BtoB oppas are busy with their promotions. Beast oppas are also busy preparing for their concert. Not only them, even Jinyu is busy with her solo activities…will my schedule be that packed once I debut?” Jihae started talking to herself. She did not need to worry about others hearing her thinking aloud since the music playing in the background was loud. Come to think of it, Jihae preferred being alone when all her oppas are away. If not, she had to deal with Haemi. She could still remember clearly the warning she got from Haemi a few weeks before. After that incident, she understood clearly who her ‘oppas’ were.

~

*flashback*

“Your instructors aren’t free for training today and there isn’t any empty dance studio today. So I hope you don’t mind sharing with some other girls.” Kyung Woo oppa said as he led her towards the dance studio. He opened the door for Jihae and entered along.

“Girls, Jihyun here will be joining you guys for practice today. Help her if she’s got any difficulty, arasso?” he told the other girls in the room and left.

Jihae stood in front of the mirror and started warming up. She did her normal stretching and tried to avoid eye contact with others. Even though she was told to practice with them, she could feel that she was not wanted there. Especially by some who did not stop staring at her. Jihae heard the music played and started dancing. It wasn’t classical music this time, thus she danced freestyle.

She was doing fine until she stumbled and fell hard on her knees. “Ouch...” Jihae rubbed her knee that was slightly scrapped. *What exactly did a trip on? I don’t think I missed a footing...* Jihae looked around her. She then saw a pair of legs in front of her. She looked up to see someone familiar. “Haemi?” Jihae asked.

“That’s unnie to you!” she commanded as she pushed Jihae on the head, hard. Jihae was shocked by what Haemi just did to her. Never in her life did someone hit her that way. Not even her on parents.

“That fall…? That’s a warning to you. Stay away from my oppas!” Haemi’s voice harsh like it was a threat. However, Jihae was completely lost by what Haemi just said. *Who’s her oppas??* Jihae thought but nodded towards Haemi in understanding.

~

At the start, you were sweetly, naturally attracted to me
You stepped up to me and told me it would forever be like that
All the possibilities, opened up Oh~

What is love? What! It’s now meant by the Red Ocean
I’m breakin’ my rules again, you know it’s getting boring
Even if you’re hurt a bit, it’s okay Oh~

You want me, You’ve fallen for me, You’re crazy over me
You can’t escape I got you- Under my skin

Her ringing phone interrupted her thoughts. She walked towards her bag on the couch, pick up her phone and slumped onto the soft couch.

“Yeobsaeyo?” Jihae said on the phone but her voice as dead as ever.

“Yah, Park Jihae! Is that how you greet your brother? I’ve been away for quite some time and all I got was your dead ‘yeobsaeyo’?!...” Yoochun was literally screaming into the phone. Jihae, realizing it was her brother, sat straight up and grinned. Yoochun continued nagging at her. “…and here I was thinking if you’d anticipate my comeback! Since you’re treating me this way, don’t even dream of asking me for Junsu’s autograph when he releases his solo album! Plu-” When Jihae heard the words ‘Junsu’, ‘autograph’ and ‘solo’, her eyes widened.

*WAIT, WHAT!!? JUNSU OPPA’S SOLO ALBUM?*

“OPPA~~~~~!!! Please forgive me…I didn’t mean to reply that way. I’ll treat you to your favorite ice cream, okay? How about that? Hmm…? Hmm?” While trying to calm her brother down, Jihae was pacing about the dance studio. She stomped her feet lightly in protest and jumped cutely to show him her aegyo even though it wasn’t possible for Yoochun to see it.

There was silence on the other end of the phone. “Oppa?” she asked.

Jihae suddenly heard an outburst of laughter from the phone. She was confused at first but realized what her brother had done. *I WAS ON LOUDSPEAKER?!* Jihae’s cheeks started to turn red and the room felt warmer suddenly.

“Err…c-call me back when you’re…you’re done with your schedule!” Jihae quickly said on the phone and ended the call. She couldn’t stand the embarrassment.

It was a habit of Jihae’s to look at the Polaroid of her and DBSK after getting a phone call from her oppa. She missed him at times but missed him the most after hearing his voice on the phone. Jihae would spend at least 15 minutes staring at the photo as she recalled the good times they spent together. But this time round, her dazed was cut short due to Haemi’s unexpected appearance in the dance studio. She quickly packed her things and immediately left the room.

“You dro-” Haemi tried stopping Jihae who had dropped a white, rectangular paper on the floor. However, Jihae was already gone. Haemi picked it up and examined the object.

It was the Polaroid Jihae was staring at minutes ago. *Isn’t this… her and…DBSK?!* Haemi was shocked by the picture in her hands. The members of DBSK were wearing caps and hoodies. As if they didn’t want others to recognize them. The most shocking part of the photo was that it looked like it was taken recently.

“She freaking knows DBSK? She’s definitely a new kind of …” Haemi muffled to herself. She kept the photo away, having no intentions of returning it back to its owner.