First Day at CUBE (2)

Classic Goes To CUBE ENT

Beast danced and sang to three songs in total; Bad Girl, Shock and Soom. After the third song, they were covered in sweat. Jihae was still staring at Yoseob, lost in her thoughts. He continued correcting and trying to perfect his part but Jihae felt that his singing was beautiful enough.

“Ah~~Hyung! Practice is tiring. Let’s us rest a while longer. Please?” Dongwoon was begging Doojun using his aegyo.

“I’LL GO BUY OPPAS DRINKS! THE USUAL RIGHT?” Jinyu offered to go to a nearby café to buy some smoothies. “Anything for you?” she turned to face Jihae.

 “...JIHAE!” Jihae jumped as she heard Jinyu call for her. Her thoughts were disrupted and her attention was now on Jinyu. *oh no, I didn’t hear what she said! Did she see that I was staring at Yoseob oppa!?*

“Hmm? Oh, okay. Sure.” Jihae replied while putting on a fake smile. Jinyu was puzzled by Jihae’s replied but she didn’t bother asking her exactly what she wanted. Jinyu then left the room.

“Oppa, mind helping me with some dancing? I know some moves but still, I major in ballet…” Jihae walked towards Hyunseung who was randomly dancing to some hip hop music playing in the background. She was bored from just sitting down on the couch and knew it was a great chance to learn from her sunbaes.

“Sure. But show me your ballet moves first. Prince Jang doesn’t teach for free!” Jihae agreed to his wish. Hyunseung led her towards an empty corner in the dance studio. She started dancing to the same song she danced in front of BtoB. But this time, she ended it differently to impress her sunbaes. Beast reacted the same way BtoB did. Her genre was new to Beast and they were fascinated by her dancing to such slow music. Beast applauded as she took a bow. A wide grinned appeared on Jihae’s face and she felt proud of herself.

“That was…AMAZING!” Gikwang commented, trying to use English. Jihae giggled at his awkward English.

“Not only will Hyunseung hyung teach you dancing, I’ll teach you how to rap too!” Junhyung said and gave a quick rap. Jihae was excited to hear that Beast was actually going to help her. *I mean, they are…BEAST!*

Hyunseung didn’t want to waste a minute and help her work on some easy dance routines before moving on to hard ones. She couldn’t catch up to Hyunseung and struggled to get some of the hand movement. Hyunseung was gentleman enough to lead her step by step. Holding onto her shoulders and led her correctly.

~

A pair of eyes saw the whole thing. Hyunseung grabbing hold onto an unknown girl that wasn’t familiar to her. She was green with envy. In her three years at Cube, Beast had never given her to approach her that way. No matter how many times she appeared weak in front of them, Beast was never as willing as they were to the girl she was staring at.

“Who’s that damn girl who dares to get close to Beast oppas that way?! I must stop this at once!” HaeMi muttered to herself angrily.

~

The door slammed open. Beast and Jihae was expecting Jinyu to be at the door since only Jinyu was rough enough to open the door that way. They paused at what they were doing and turned towards the door. It was a girl but definitely not Jinyu.

“What do you want now, Lee Hae Mi?” Yoseob questioned monotonously.

“Hi Beast oppa! Err…manager oppa asked me to call you down. Something about a schedule?” HaeMi said while beaming.

“If he needs us, he knows where to find us. So can we go back to our practice now? Don’t you have practice too? Should we ask CEO Hong to give you more practices?” Doojun pointed to Hae Mi then the door,” so go?”  HaeMi frowned. She thought of ignoring what Doojun had said and wanted to stay but she had her own practice to attend. She exited.

“Let’s start on rapping, okay?” Junhyung put on a smile for Jihae. *Why the sudden change?*

Jihae wanted to know the reason so badly. She stopped following Junhyung, who was walking out of the studio, towards a vocal training room. She faced Doojun.

“Oppa, why did you treat her that way? That was so rude…” Jihae was sad as she thought about how HaeMi might have felt.

“She’s a pain in the as-” Doojun did not dare to continue. He walked towards Jihae and ruffled her hair. “You’ll know once you get to know her…” Doojun whispered to her. He grabbed Jihae by her shoulders and pushed her out of the dance studio.

“Good Luck with rap training with Almighty Junhyung~” he joked.