The Lucky Ones

The Lucky Ones and the Monsters

D.O.

‘I’m sorry you had to go through this, children,” Madame said.

You and your eight other sisters sat at the long oval table staring back at Madame. Not too long ago, all of you regained the memories of your involvement in the last stimulation of the aliens called Exo. Ironically, they came back just before Exo was brought to the next simulation. If that wasn’t confusing enough, it turns out that Exo were your soul mates.

During the process where the guards were rounding up your soul mates, a few of your sisters got in the middle of the process. You looked to your left which was Baekhyun’s mate, whose face was decorated with black and blue bruises. She also had a broken arm but thanks to Madame’s treatment the bones healed within half an hour.

“I hope you understand why we suppressed your memories,” Madame said looking sympathetically, “The Organization just wanted you all to remember your true missions, because-”

“The Organization is good and the Organization is always right,” the nine of you chorused.

“I’m so glad you understand,” Madame said with a proud smile, “Shall we begin the second simulation after dinner then?”

“Ne, Madame,” you all chorused.

Madame got up and so did the rest of you. You all bowed as she went left and you followed to leave. Suddenly you felt a slight pressure on your front pocket. You looked to find Xiumin’s mate retracting her had from your pocket and put a finger to her lips before walking off into the other direction.

You looked at your watch. You had thirty minutes until dinner. Quickly you went to the rooftop and nodded to the guard there. He nodded back and left his post and stood by the door that you just came through. The rooftop was the only blind spot of the cameras.

You slipped your hand into your pocket and pulled out capped syringe. It was filled with a dark blue liquid. Tapped on was a folded piece of paper. When you opened the paper, it was blank but you knew exactly what to do. Immediately you crouched down to lay the paper flat on the ground and very carefully used your finger to write one sentence: We are one. Suddenly the paper burst into flames but you didn’t flinch back. Instead you stared carefully at the flames and just as expected the flames began to form words.

Memory tampering reversed. Inject at my call.

With that the paper burned completely leaving no scorch marks on the ground and no fumes behind. You smiled a little. This way of messaging had been created by Suho’s and Kris’s mates. Those two created amazing things when they were together.

“Twenty minutes,” the guard said interrupting your thoughts.

You nodded in thanks and made your way down the stairway to go off to dinner. When you got there most of your sisters were there except for Suho’s mate. Madame’s eyes lit up when she saw you. Since you were one of the youngest of your sisters along with Kai’s and Sehun’s mates, you had been around her the longest. The three of you were considered the apples to Madame’s eyes.

It took you about forty minutes for dinner to finish. When it was, all of your sisters stood up and looked to Madame. Wordlessly Madame smiled and left her place leaving the rest of you to follow behind her.  You walked until you came to the main room. Madame tapped on the side of the door causing a green laser beam to shoot out. It passed over her body before the doors opened. Immediately all of you streamed in taking your places at the monitors. As each one of you logged in, holograms surrounded each one of you.

“Let us begin.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A bright light flashed through his eyelids. He squeezed his eyes hard before his eyes fluttered opened.  He looked straight up at a pure white ceiling. Lights were flashing by like he was in a car. It dawned on him that he was being moved, no, more like being rolled. Groggily he turned his head to the side where he saw women dressed in white dresses and a red visor.

What was going on?

Where was he?

Who was he?

He tried to sit up but he couldn’t move his hands. It took him a couple of minutes to find out the reason why. His hands were tied to the sides of the bed. He struggled a bit before he felt a tender hand lay on his. Unconsciously his body relaxed at the touch. However he could pinpoint the reason, he heard doors swing open.

Suddenly the bed stopped moving and he was roughly pushed up into a sitting position. He looked to find women in the white dresses leaving him while only one stayed behind. When they were gone he looked to his left. There was another guy who was tan and had blond hair with a lost look on his face. The guy was wearing a white suit. Then he looked to his right to find another guy with the same look and same clothing.  He began to realize that there were six other guys in the same room with the same suit and expression.

What the hell was this?

Finally he looked at himself to see he too was wearing a white suit. On his left arm was an IV needle stuck underneath his skin. He looked up to see his IV bag was clear but not for long. The women in white dresses were back but this time with needle in their hands.  The needles were filled with a bluish liquid.

Each woman began to inject the bluish liquid in the IV bags. He watched the very first one in horror. As the liquid began to seep itself into the clear bag, the receiver began to shake all over and let out almost an animalistic snarl. He himself began to panic as he saw one of the women approach him with a similar needle. He struggled against his bonds pulling as hard as he could to break the bonds.

Don’t fight it.

He stopped when he heard the chime like voice in his head. He whipped his head around to the woman who kept a straight face. Little did he notice, the blue liquid had begun to enter his system. It wasn’t until he felt the excruciating pain that it all clicked. He howled in anguish and his sight went red.

He remembered who he was.

He was D.O.

He came from Planet Exo.

He could change into a wolf.

He had the power of the Beast.

He had a mate.

His mate betrayed him because he was a monster.

Yet he loved her.

His power symbol shimmered on his left hand as his power coursed back into his veins. It urged him to kill the person who brought him here. However, his inner wolf whined when he recognized it was his mate. He didn’t want to kill her, anyone but her.  Yet his senses said otherwise.

Kill her.

She betrayed you.

Kill her.

She hates you.

Kill her.

He was so confused. He didn’t know what to do until he felt his chin was lifted up. His mate looked at him straight in the eyes. She nodded as if saying to him to follow what the voices were saying. That was the last straw.

His powers caused the windows to shatter into to small shards of glass, all flying right at his beloved mate.

Right at the direction of her heart.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun & Chen

Okay, this was not his kind of thing to run down the halls of some building that looked so much like a sterilized hospital, but he didn’t have much of a choice. You try to act normal after waking up while suddenly getting your identity back in like ten minutes. It wasn’t exactly easy especially when one of your brothers decides totally destroy the room with his powers and you somehow manage to be teleported to other parts of this godforsaken place.

Sehun nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the alarm go off. Chen cursed beside him. They continued to run not really knowing the direction that they were going.  However when they the next corner, Sehun skidded to a stop. Chen stopped as well almost bumping into him.

“What are you-,” Chen stopped when he saw the reason why Sehun stopped.

It was Sehun’s mate.

His beloved mate.

Sehun’s inner wolf wanted to grab her and run. It whined as he held a restraint on the wolf’s urges. He couldn’t stop staring at her eyes.

The ones that shined when she was happy.

The ones that sparkled with excitement every time they had a date.

The eyes of the woman he loved.

He felt Chen’s hand clamp down on his shoulder as he began to urge Sehun to go.

“Sehun, come on. Let’s g-“ Chen said.

Sehun heard Chen gasp his mate’s name softly. He could hear the raw pain in Chen’s voice as he said it. Yet he could look away from his mate’s eyes.

Kill her, a voice called out triggering the boy’s powers to spark, Use your powers.

Chen’s power struck his mate, almost immediately. Chen’s heart was practically torn apart from the heart wrenching scream his mate released. It was torture as he cried out but couldn’t move.

He had just killed his mate.

So he had thought.

However when his mate was hit by a Chen’s powers, she fell over like she was a doll. She had a small smile on her face like she was pleased with his decision. Chen could feel the electricity from the lightening to conduct up and down her body.

Look away.

Chen looked away just as his mate’s held exploded. No, it wasn’t his mate. It was a robot, he realized as he saw the sparking wires where the head once was. He turned back to Sehun.

“She’s not real, Sehun,” he practically gasped, “She’s a robot.”

At this Sehun used his power of wind pushing her against the wall. It was enough force to make an ordinary human’s neck to snap. Her scream was high pitched putting a bullet hole right through his heart. Sehun watched as she fell down into a kneeling position with her eyes still staring at his. She too gave him a small smile before her head exploded. Sehun jumped back from the sparks and looked at the now headless body with wires sticking out at the neck.

Sehun was frozen. The sound of his mate’s scream was still ringing in his ears. His heart thumped with adrenaline and shock. He just killed his mate; no he killed a robot that looked like his mate. However his wolf seemed to think otherwise as it howled in agony.

“Sehun,” Chen called softly, “We have to warn the others.”

Sehun nodded a little still not over his shock before he shook his head and turned back to Chen.

“Let’s go.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kai & Lay

Kai’s head hurt from all the information he had just received and the situation he was in at the moment. After D.O. destroyed the room, by making the windows shatter, he and his brothers had been separated by teleporting to different places. Even though teleportation was his power he really had no idea how they teleported. As if that were not weird enough they teleported with a clear lab jackets on.

Clearly these people needed a better sense of fashion.

Kai was running with Lay running beside him. Where they were running to was a question that had yet been figured out by the two. At this point, they just needed to run. They ran till they came to another hallway filled with doors on both sides.

“You check the left. I’ll check the right,” Lay instructed.

Kai began to try all the handles on the doors when something caught his eye. He came to a halting stop.

 “Door’s unlocked!” Lay shouted as he managed to find another door.

But Kai didn’t really hear him; he was too busy staring at his mate who was blocking the only way out of the hall. He had this urge to run up and hug her but her blank expression was the only thing that held him back. Suddenly he felt Lay’s back on his as Lay seemed to shutter a little.

“Kill them,” a chilling voice called out to the both of them, yet neither boy could make a move against their precious mates.

“Can you try to teleport us?” Lay asked Kai not taking his eyes off his mate.

“Don’t you think that I’ve tried that when we were running? It doesn’t work ‘cause I don’t know this damn building,” Kai replied.

“Hyungs!” a different voice called out.

“Sehun?” Kai called out mentally.

“Yeah, it’s me. You have to listen to me.”

Kai wasn’t surprised. This was Luhan’s power of telepathy along with telekinesis. When Luhan had been taken, he had temporarily stored his powers with Sehun since he had been the closest to Luhan. This happen when Kris was taken first and he had temporarily given Tao his powers of flight and the dragon. This kind of thing only happened when there was a special bond between two of his brothers. Kai had one himself with D.O.

“You have to kill your mates with your powers,” Sehun said mentally.

“Are you crazy?” a voice Kai recognized to be Chanyeol’s.

“They’re our mates,” Kai heard Suho say.

“No, they’re not,” Chen said this time, “They look like our mates but they’re robots.”

“What kind of drugs are you taking to come up with this sci-fi ?!” Baekhyun exclaimed making Kai cringe at the volume.

“The kind that likes to get you high on rainbows, unicorns, and sparkles, you ” D.O. said sarcastically with a scowl that Kai could practically hear, “Just follow what the maknae says, people. He’s telling the truth.”

With that the telepathic conversation was cut off as Kai picked up a hellish scream with his supernatural hearing. Looks like one of them followed the advice.

“Hey, Kai?” Lay asked

“What?”

“Do you have anything that’s dying right now?”

“What the hell, hyung?”

“Never mind I found a flower in my pocket.”

“Why do yo- How do yo- You know what? I don’t want to even know,” Kai said.

At the corner of his eye he saw Lay raise his hand with withered flower in it. The flower began to bloom as if it had never died in the first place. No matter how many times he witnessed Lay’s power of healing he was always amazed by its effect and he wasn’t the only one. Lay’s mate was staring at it too.

“Look away,” the voice said to the both of them just as the flower reached full bloom.

Lay and Kai looked away just as the explosion occurred. Kai could feel Lay cringe as his mate released a ear-piercing scream. When they looked back they found Lay’s mate’s body headless with wires sparking as they stuck out her neck.  Kai could feel Lay shiver from shock. However when Kai went to say something, suddenly Kai and Lay were separated.

Lay was pushed into the empty room with the door slammed closed. Kai ran to the door and tried to open it. To his disbelief, the door had been locked. He tried to slam his body into the door to break it but not even his supernatural strength worked. He looked through the window of the door where he saw Lay on the other side. Lay seemed to be pointing to something behind Kai.

Kai turned around to find his mat-, no robot, was closer than it was before. He panicked a bit. His power wasn’t really anything like his brothers that he could kill the robot with. So his power was out. So the next best thing had to be something he was good at.

Dancing.

You and I, living it up

Kai his whole body forward sweeping his hands just above his head.

In this place, just living it up

He slid back and spun his whole body.

Keep on coming, wow wow wow wow

He swept one hand through his hair and swung it back with other one following.

In the same time, the moment we become one

He put his hand right above his heart and his hips.

We’ll be the lucky ones

And just as he finished, the robot screamed a heart dropping scream causing Kai to turn away. He heard the head explode. He looked at the remains with a feeling as if someone had just punched him in the stomach. No matter the fact that it was a robot, Kai couldn’t help feeling as if he really did just kill his mate.

That’s when he heard a snicker behind him. He turned to find Lay had managed to finally open the door and was trying to suppress his laugh. Kai could tell it from the prominent sight of his dimples. He raised one eyebrow at Lay.

“Out of all things you picked with all the training you have had, you choose dancing?” Lay snickered.

Kai felt his ears burn and change to the color red. He cannot believe he just did that. This was going to be so embarrassing when his hyungs found out. Kai would never hear the end of it and it wasn’t like he had a choice. This damn building made it extremely hard for his powers to work.

“And you just had to pick a y dance,” Lay smirked, “Guess your hotness was too much for her.”

“Hyung,” Kai whined a bit as he stalked off but Lay followed him.

“Next time I call you, Casanova, you can’t deny it,” Lay continued laughing a bit while pretending to wipe an imaginary tear.

“Hyung.”

“God, I wish I had my camera,” Lay said as they turned the corner, “’Kim Kai’s Guide to Killing Robots And Picking Up Girls By Hip ing’ or ‘The 20 Year-old Casanova’”

“Hyung!”

“Yes?”

“Shut up.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chanyeol & Baekhyun

“Okay this has got to be the most exercise I have gotten all year,” Baekhyun huffed while running beside Chanyeol down the hall, “Oh God, my legs are killing me.”

“You are freaking werewolf, Baek. Deal with it,” Chanyeol replied.

They were running for the nth time from their mates who seemed to appear out of nowhere. All the hallways looked the same along with the doors and the lights. It was like the building never ended with more passageways.

“,” Chanyeol muttered skidding to a stop, “Turn around.”

Baekhyun didn’t question why and turned around. The two of them ran until they suddenly came to a dead end. Suddenly they heard the footsteps coming their way.

“Find a door quickly,” Chanyeol hissed as he tried to open the doors.

When they did find and open door, the two of them quickly slipped through it into a dark room. Each of them stood on either side of the door as their hearts pounded through their chests. They held their breathe to stop from panting as they heard footsteps right outside their door.

The reason why they were hiding from their mates was because their mates had been coming after them with needles. Baekhyun’s mate almost struck him in the neck with one if Chanyeol had not pulled him out of the way in time. They didn’t know what was in the needles but they were not prepared to find out the hard way.

Yet no matter how much their mates tried to do this, neither Baekhyun nor Chanyeol could kill their mates. They were still their mates and they loved them even though their mates thought they were monsters. They would kill thousands for their mate but never harm a single hair on their mate. Besides it was practically taboo for a werewolf to kill their mates.

When the two of them heard the footsteps leave, both of them slumped a little in relief. However not for long, a red light was switched on illuminating the room.  They heard the door lock itself with a click as their eyes adjusted to the change. To the guys’ horror, there stood their mates. Both looked blank-faced but thankfully without a needle in their hands.

Baekhyun couldn’t move when he saw his mate while Chanyeol move cautiously towards his mate.

“Jagiya?” Chanyeol called out.

His mate made no response.

“Jagiya, I know you’re there. Whatever it is that’s holding you back, you have to fight it,” Chanyeol pleaded.

He saw a flicker of sadness in her eyes before they returned to their stony look.

“Jagiya, don’t you dare give up!” Chanyeol growled angrily, “It’s me Chanyeol, your mate. The one you loved. I love you, too. So come back to me, baby.”

Still his mate stayed silent making Chanyeol furious.

“IS THIS BECAUSE I’M A MONSTER? HOW AM I THE MONSTER, WHEN YOU’RE THE ONE WHO DOESN’T HAVE THE DECENCY TO TELLME WHY AFTER YOU TOLD ME YOU LOVED ME?!” Chanyeol roared as his powers began to spark, “ANSWER ME!”

Baekhyun grabbed Chanyeol’s shoulder. Chanyeol glared back at Baekhyun. His eyes were filled with anger and hatred but at the same time sadness and betrayal.

“Calm down, Chan, you don’t want to kill her,” Baekhyun said pointing to the flame that was forming in Chanyeol’s hand.

Chanyeol looked down and quickly extinguished the flame.

“Hyungs!” the two guys heard in their head.

“Sehun?” a different voice that sounded like Kai asked.

“Yeah, it’s me. You have to listen to me.” Sehun replied, “You have to kill your mates with your powers.”

“Are you crazy?” Chanyeol said not believing what he was hearing.

“They’re our mates,” Suho said.

“No, they’re not,” Chen explained to all of them, “They look like our mates but they’re robots.”

“What kind of drugs are you taking to come up with this sci-fi ?!” Baekhyun exclaimed not really finding this amusing at all.

“The kind that likes to get you high on rainbows, unicorns, and sparkles, you ” D.O. said sarcastically with a scowl that Baekhyun knew was directed specially to him, “Just follow what the maknae says, people. He’s telling the truth.”

Without a second thought, Chanyeol and Baekhyun quickly went out the door which happened to be unlocked now. They looked back to see Chanyeol’s mate burst into flames and Baekhyun’s mate was surrounded by blinding lights. Their mates released hellish screams like tortured souls. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had to do everything possible to restrain themselves from running back into the room to save their mates.

Look away.

Unconsciously they did as they were told and sure enough as soon as they turned away they heard two explosions. When they looked back, they saw two bodies that were headless. Where their necks once were, there were wires sparking. The sense of relief flowed through the wolves’ body knowing that they hadn’t actually killed their mates. They turn to each other and nodded before running down the hall again to find their brothers.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Suho & Xiumin

Suho looked at the sparking remains of the robot that look-a-like of his mate lying in a pool of water. He crouched down and looked at its body. Whoever made this clearly had met his mate before. Every detail was correct from the shape of her hands to the crescent shape scar on her wrist when he had marked her. Tenderly he outlined the shape of the scar with his finger.

He missed everything about his mate.

Her sparkling eyes.

Her quirky smile.

Her soothing scent.

Tears formed at the corners of his eyes but Suho used his powers to make them fly out before they could stain his cheeks. He couldn’t have the other members finding their leader in tears. He took a couple of deep breathes before getting up again and walked out the door.  He looked back through the window where he saw the body and let the water to fill the whole room up.

Suddenly he felt a rush of cold air flow through the room. He turned to see Xiumin stepping out of a room. Suho noticed the room was practically covered in a light layer of frost. On the floor there was a body with wires still sparking at the neck. Then Xiumin closed the door and Suho looked up at him.

Xiumin nodded indicating the task was done. They stood in front of each other with an unspoken communication between them. Suho closed his eyes setting his concentration on his power with his hand stretched out. Xiumin watched mainly focusing on the water orb that formed in Suho’s hand.

Slowly frost began to cover the outside of the water shaping into a drinking glass.  Xiumin blew lightly on it making the frost solidify to ice and changing the color from white to clear. Suho opened his eyes to find to glasses of water and grabbed them. He gave one to Xiumin who took it without a second thought. Together they drank the glasses.

In those glasses was a combination of the Xiumin’s and Suho’s powers. When their powers were mixed, this mixture abled them to temporarily share each other’s powers. This only worked with them since they shared the same element. Each of them could feel and electric buzz as the other’s powers mingled within their system.

When they were finished, both of them shattered their glasses into pieces and dissolved them into a mini blizzard. Then they both ran down the hall.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

D.O.

Unlike the rest of his brothers, D.O. had been roaming the halls of the building by himself. He was listening to the movement among the metal to pinpoint the locations of his brothers. However something confused him.

Whenever D.O. went up the stairs, he didn’t feel the sensation as if he was moving to another floor. Instead it felt like he was still on the same floor from the one he supposedly left. Maybe it was something in this building that was messing with his senses.

He shook the thought away as he listened closer to the footsteps of his brothers. Here and there he heard screams that sounded like his brothers’ real mates, making him cringe in discomfort. It wasn’t exactly pleasant with supernatural hearing.

He went straight to the next hallway when something in the left corner of his eye caught his attention. He backed up to see words written across the wall. Words that made his stomach drop.

The words read:

The Organization is good.

The Organization is always right.

 

Those words could only mean one thing.

D.O. looked up to no longer see the white ceiling but a black sky. He watched carefully as he saw a glimmer. It was the glimmer of a force field.

He and his brothers were in another maze.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

You

“Very good, girls,” Madame said as she looked at the maze in the center of the table, “Simulation 2 is complete.”

You all looked at the maze in the middle with hearts yearning for your mates. It was killing you all how you had to manipulate them. Yet they still loved you and even hesitated to kill your robot look-a-likes.

The way they tenderly looked at you with adoration.

The way they spoke like you were their whole universe.

The way they made you feel made you realize.

You are all the lucky ones.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hihi hope you liked this. This was only a oneshot sorry about those who were anticipating more.

I appreciate any comments or upvotes :)

You're welcome to check out my other active stories:

Raising My Twelve Boys 

Exo's Little Girl