The Monsters

The Lucky Ones and the Monsters

Lay

You slipped a card out from your pocket and scanned it on the doors panel. As the door opened there was a room paneled from floor to ceiling in TV screens. At the center of the room was a group of girls, eight to be exact, that all turned their heads towards you. Each one was wearing the same exact outfit as you were wearing. They wore simple white dress with white stockings and white high-heeled shoes. On their heads were visor-like eye protectors that were red with their hair pulled back into a high ponytail too. They were sitting around a table projecting individual images leaving one chair open.

“They have begun to wake up,” one of them explained to you as you took a seat.

By them, she meant the monsters. The monsters were a group of aliens that called themselves Exo. They had powers that were not humanly possible. They were deemed dangerous by the Organization and the Organization was always right. The Organization had taken Exo in to test their abilities and see if they could find possible solutions to health problems and aging.

 You turned to one specific screen that caught your eye. It was pinpointed on subject 910907 otherwise know Lay. You were assigned to study this alien just as the others were assigned to the other monsters. You watched as the fumes swirled around him causing him to stir and sit up.

“They’re all awake,” another girl stated causing you to turn back to the center table.

“Then let us prepare,” a different girl said this time and stood up.

The rest of you stood up as well and prepared to meet the monsters. It was almost time to transfer them to the next simulation. However just as you were about to leave, someone called out your name. You stopped and turn around to find a woman dressed in a black suit.

“Ne, Madame.”

“You will be assigned to Room 2 for report before you go.”

“Understood, Madame,” you answered with a bow.

Before you went to Room 2, you went back to your room to grab your iPad. There you also found guards that were assigned to follow you to Room 2. After grabbing your iPad, you made your way down to Room 2. You nodded to two girls who were assigned to report on Room 1 and Room 3. You swiped your card to open the door. Inside the room, the walls and floors were pure white. There were no windows or skylights. The room was fairly empty except for a couple of things. One that really stuck out was a girl chained to the wall.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Luhan

You could hardly tell what was real and what were hallucinations. The Organization had you so drugged up you could barely tell left from right. Cold steel chains held your hands above your head as you slumped against the wall. You could feel blood caking at your scalp and the corners of your mouth.  The stinging from the wounds on your back was numbing.

You force your head up to look ahead. Across from you were photos of a guy. He had sparkling doe eyes that seemed to scream out in pain. That guy was your soul mate, Luhan. Luhan was part of an alien group called Exo that the Organization had declared were dangerous. However, you knew the truth.

Exo wasn’t dangerous. They came from the planet called Exo Planet. They came to Earth to help humans remember love and respect for not only each other but nature as well. They even had powers that were supposed to help Earth. Instead they were taken and forced into simulations.

Regretfully, you took part of the first simulation. However that was before you found out what the Organization really was. As a result you had tried to make an escape for you and Luhan and you weren’t the only one. Kris, Tao, and their soul mates also tried to make an escape. Now they punished you with beatings and awful hallucinations. To make it even worse they brought in photos of him being tortured.

The sound of the door sliding interrupted your thoughts. You turned your head to see Lay’s mate and gave her a cheeky grin.

“Look what the cat drag in,” you almost hissed.

You couldn’t tell where exactly she walked to but you sneered visible enough to let her know your distaste.

“How are you feeling?” she asked causing you to laugh hysterically.

“How am I feeling? Out of all the things you could say you ask me how I am feeling. Why don’t you switch places with me and find out how I am feeling,” you answered bitterly.

You think you heard her sigh when something pushed your face up. She seemed to be looking at you with sympathy. You could help feel disgusted and slowly gathered the saliva in your mouth. Once you had enough, you spit straight at her face. Unfortunately, the spit hit the red eye protector.

“Still claiming you had been imprinted by those monsters?” Lay’s mate said not flinching back at all.

Your head snapped up and you nearly snarled at her. How dare she call them that? Was she not a mate to one of Exo as well?

“Don’t you dare call them that!” you screamed at her, thrashing at your chains.

“Hush,” she said cradling your face in her hands.

You realize that her memories were suppressed. The Organization must have suppressed her memories. So that would mean that the rest of the girls had their memory suppressed. At this you grabbed Lay’s mate by the front of her shirt causing the guards to rush at the two of you.

“I lost my mate to the Organization. Don’t let them take your mate,” You whispered harshly.

Not long after you felt the sting of a needle being injected in your neck. You looked to see realization dawning on her face. She remembered. You smiled knowing you did exactly what Luhan had asked of you before the two of you were separated.

“Help my brothers. Help them pass the next trial.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Baekhyun

You walked down the steps of the Organization’s building where you found most of your group waiting to go. You counted the number of them that were there to find that there were only seven others standing there.  You nodded to the others. A couple nodded back while others completely ignoring everything and observing their subjects on their iPads. Quickly you pulled out your on iPad to check on your own.

However shortly after, you heard the clicking of heels. You looked up to see one of the older girls rushing down the stairs. She looked like she was obviously rushed from her flushed cheeks.

“I apologize,” she apologized and bowed, “Room 2 was giving a particularly hard time.”

All of you nodded not at all surprised by the trouble. It was just another reason that these monsters had to be brought back to the Organization. Those monsters had managed to convince three of your sisters in believing they had been imprinted by them and to make matters worse, none of your sisters minded. You needed to find those monsters and free your sisters from their mind wash.

Together the nine of you climbed into the car. In front and in back of your car were trucks filled with guards. You and your sisters were given the duty to find the monsters and bring them back.

“Hey,” a voice interrupted your thoughts.

You turned to find the same girl that was dealing with Room 2 was addressing the group.

“Does the word, ‘mates,’ mean anything?”

At the word mates, everyone in the car stiffened even you. It was like it was the key to opening the flood gates. From those gates were memories.

 

“I’m like a mix of a wolf and alien,” Baekhyun said sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck.

You didn’t mind. Besides it explained a lot. That and you loved him.

 

“Kkaepsong~” Baekhyun coolly said pushing up his fake pair of black glasses.

You laughed when you saw the pissed off look on D.O.’s face. It was so typical that Baekhyun annoyed D.O. The two of them were having a friendly best vocalist contest and Baekhyun was purposely trying to mess D.O. up. He had his arms wrapped around you protectively while trying to use you as a shield to D.O.s wrath.

 

You felt a small feathery kiss on your cheek making you look up from your book. Your lips were met with a soft pair of lips that melted you on the inside. You made no protest as your book was taken from your hands and tossed probably across the room.

“Miss me, jagiya?” he whispered across your lips.

 

A tear streamed down your face as you opened your eyes. You couldn’t believe you had forgotten and from the looks of it you were not the only one. You saw the rest of your sisters lost in their own worlds.

“But they’re monsters,” a girl said questioningly still not sure what to say.

You recognized her to be Xiumin’s mate. She was right. Their mates were declared monsters by the Organization and the Organization was always right. Right?

Suddenly, the car came to a stop. The group poured out the car as the guards made a bubble around them.

“Let’s split up, okay?” one of the girls said.

You went with Lay’s mate to find them. On your iPads you could see the boys sitting down at a long table with china. However when you take a closer look you can see that most of the china is broken. Their eyes seemed to change to the color of a light blue. It looks like their wolf was fighting its way out.

You were beginning to get nervous as you saw the growing dead bodies of the guards that previously arrived. The boys had been ruthlessly killing from left to right. When you checked the iPad again you found the table had no one but Baekhyun sitting at the very center of the table. You were about to turn to Lay’s mate to tell her only to find her pulling you towards a figure in the distance. It was a figure surrounded by a large group of guards with their shields up. The figure kept kicking and hitting the shields.

“Lay!” Lay’s mate called out causing Lay to stop.

However when he turned around, you took a couple of steps back dragging his mate with you. His eyes were a clear blue and all around him were dead bodies of guards. He was definitely was not in control. He began to make his way towards you when a guard came from behind him and knocked him out.

“No!” Lay’s mate screamed out as you quickly grabbed her from running forward.

You let go once they had Lay bounded with silver handcuffs. His mate immediately ran to his side checking his injuries.

“I’m going to go look for Baekhyun,” you called out to her and began to run towards where the dining room was.

You stopped when you heard screams. You saw D.O. sitting on top of the telephone pole looking down upon the crowd. The screams came from the mates of Chanyeol, Kai, and D.O. as the guys were being beaten down and handcuffed with silver handcuffs. You had to find Baekhyun. You had to find him soon.

You almost tripped over your own feet because you were being too deep in thought. When you look down to see what you tripped on, you wanted to vomit. It was a guard with his neck twisted in a direction that you never thought was possible. Your heart pumped in fear and adrenaline.

How could you love person who did this?

A person who didn’t seem to give a second thought about the value of human life.

A monster that killed for pleasure.

“Jagiya,” a familiar voice called out.

You stopped and turned around. It was Baekhyun, your soul mate. There he was with lip and ear chain in a ragged one-suit uniform. His eyes were a pure blue and had blood on him. But that didn’t matter. The sight of him made the love you once forgotten creep back into your heart. He wasn’t a monster. He was your Baekhyun.

“Jagiya?” Baekhyun asked again with his eyes flickering back to his warm brown.

“Baekhyun-ah,” you practically gasped with happy tears shedding from the corners of your eyes.

You couldn’t stop yourself from running towards him. He opened his arms and took you into a bone-crushing hug. He held you close, deeply inhaling your scent and letting out a low whine. Then he took your face in his two hands and searched your face like it was a priceless work of art.

“They took my memories, Baekhyun-ah. They made me forget abo-“

His lips crashed down on yours preventing you from continuing. You practically melted into his embrace as your tongues fought in dominance. His, of course, won making you weak at the knees. He caught you and held you protectively as he nipped at your top and bottom lips. His kisses moved down your neck causing you to close your eyes and moan softly in pleasure.

“Mine,” he whispered biting at your earlobe, “You’re mine.”

Suddenly, he turned back and let out a feral snarl. From behind him, you could see the once forgotten guards trying to sneak up on the two of you. You began to panic when you saw his eyes flicker back to blue. His inner wolf was trying to get out but it was being suppressed by something. The Organization must have done something to them to prevent them from changing or using their powers. Without being able to let out his wolf, Baekhyun could really lose his sanity and become a true merciless monster. Quickly you grabbed his face and made him look at you.

“Baekhyun-ah,” you tried to soothe him, “It’s okay. It’s okay.”

His eyes flickered again back to the warm brown that you loved. He let out a pitiful whine and nuzzled into the palm of your hand. You couldn’t but crack a smile and caress the side of his bruised and bloodied face. He practically shoved his whole face into that caress like dog being scratched in its favorite spot.

“Always such a puppy,” you mused as you gently combed through his bangs.

Yet before he could make a remark back, he slumped forward. You froze up as your mate fell into your embrace. The guards took him and threw him to the ground. You could hear the clink of the silver handcuffs before you could react. You began to throw yourself at the guards to get them off of him. One of the guards hissed in annoyance and swung his hand at you. You tumbled back from the force of the hit with your face throbbing.

“Get up!” another guard growled roughly pulling you back into the standing position.

Before you knew it, you had your hands behind your back. The more you struggled, the tighter the grip became on your hands. At one point another guard must have slapped you because you gasped from the blow and could almost see stars. You forced yourself to focus when you heard your mate cry out your name. That’s when everything went black.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Chanyeol

“Jagiya, saranghae!” Chanyeol said to you as he took you into a back hug.

 You giggled as he pulled you down into his lap and places his chin on the top of your head. You two always loved to do this when it was snowing outside. He would wrap the both of you in a blanket and pepper kisses where ever he could

 

You hummed softly to the tune that Chanyeol was playing on the guitar. You watched as his hands danced across the strings. His deep voice gave you goose bumps as he sang for you. When you shivered slightly, Chanyeol grinned like an idiot and pretend to be flustered by your reaction.

 

“Chanyeol!” you screamed as they tore you two apart.

He screamed out your name as they pushed you down to a kneel position. Your chin was pulled up to see a woman standing in front of you. It was Madame.

“Don’t touch her!” Chanyeol snarled.

“You, poor child,” she said sadly ignoring Chanyeol, ”those monsters have brain-washed you, my dear.”

“They’re not monsters,” you hissed at her.

“It’s okay, child. Everything will be alright once your memories are restored. The Organization is doing this because the Organization is good and the Organization is always right.”

 

You shook your head. You didn’t want these memories. You couldn’t recognize yourself among these memories. The feelings you had were not real. It was all part of the simulation. He was a monster, a subject by the code of 921027, declared dangerous by the Organization and the Organization was always right.

When you split from your sisters, you went to search for your subject. It didn’t take long before you found it. He already was building a pile of dead bodies beside him. His eyes were flashing between blue and brown. Around him were fewer guards that surrounded the other aliens. None of them were courageous enough to mess with the fuming monster. But you, on the other hand, walked right up. Chanyeol seemed to immediately know it was you from the way he stiffened. His eyes flickered back to brown and his gaze softened at the sight of your figure. You just barely heard the soft whisper of your name.

“Chanyeol, stop creating trouble and just give up,” you said in a monotone.

Chanyeol seemed to furrow his eyebrows and looked at you with confusion. He had never seen this side of you. Your eyes had hate in them. Your face was blank like a robot. Your body language screamed to him to stay away. He couldn’t understand why.

“Jagiya?” he asked hesitantly.

“Don’t call me that. I’m not your jagiya,” you spit out.

Chanyeol was shocked. You never spoke to him like that not even when you got angry at him. It was like you didn’t remember. Then it dawned on him and his expression darkened in anger.

“Those motherers stole your memories, didn’t they? I’m gonna kill them all,” he barked.

‘No, they didn’t,” you said, “They gave me my old memories and made me realize what you really are.”

“Oh, I bet they did. They brainwashed you so you could call me a monster?” Chanyeol said in a tone that was almost mocking you.

“You and your brothers are monsters. Look at what you have done,” you said pointing to the dead bodies, “You’re killers.”

At this Chanyeol began to laugh hysterically. You and the guards stared at him like he had gone insane. One of the guards took this moment to get behind Chanyeol but Chanyeol never let his guard down. He grabbed the guard by the neck and twisted the head all the way around. You cringed at the noise of bones crunching and scrapping. Chanyeol threw the body to the side and turned back to you.

“You’re still my mate and mates love each other,” he growled in possessiveness.

“I could never love a monster,” you hissed back.

Almost immediately after you said that sentence, you regretted it. That single sentence hit Chanyeol like a ton of bricks. You watched in satisfaction and in pain as you saw the hurt in Chanyeol’s eyes. Your heart hurt from the kicked puppy look he gave you.

“Not even when I saved you from that bear?” he pleaded.

 

You were running in the woods. You knew it was a bad idea to go hiking alone but no, you just had to prove to your friends that you were perfectly capable of surviving the wilderness. Now look at you, being chased by a black bear down a steep hill with a back pack that weighed twenty kilograms.

And as if things couldn’t get any worse, you tripped. It was just like those damn damsels in distress from those older American movies, who tripped just as the killer is on their heels. Your heart pounded as you tried to pick yourself back up. But when you stood, you yelped in pain and fell back down on your . You quickly toughed your foot where the pain was and found your ankle twisted.

What hell was this, some kind of Korean drama, you thought.

You froze when you heard the rustling of leaves behind you. You were going to die. You were so going to die. At this you pulled out your pocket knife. If you were going to die, you were going to die fighting. The rustling began to grow louder indicating the bear was coming closer and closer. You held your breathe when you thought that the bear was about to approach before you.

Suddenly out of the blue, you heard a Tarzan cry. You looked around only to stop at the sight of another person. He was wearing a T-shirt, a black leather jacket, and jeans. He had to be one hundred eighty centimeters tall. He charged at the bear while beating his chest like a gorilla without a second thought. Surprisingly the bear roared back and ran the other way. The guy began to beat his chest and giving another Tarzan yell as if in triumph for running the bear off.

You looked at him in shock as he walked over to you. He had a goofy grin on his face and crouched in front of you. You blinked a couple of times to process what the hell just happened.

“I is Tarzan,” he said pointing to himself.

You couldn’t help but laugh which caused the guy to laugh. Both of you knew this literally had to be the most bizarre situation you had ever been in.

“But seriously, my name is Chanyeol. What about you?” he asked.

 

You shook your head “no”, not daring to look at his eyes.

“Or the time when we first kissed?” Chanyeol asked softly.

 

You and Chanyeol were walking hand in hand back to your apartment. You guys were celebrating your third month anniversary. Yes, you two had been a relationship for three months and you still hadn’t kissed. Although your friends teased you about it, you didn’t mind. It was your relationship not theirs.

You had reached the park near your apartment that Chanyeol decided to drag you towards it. You laughed as he acted like a child. Together you went down on the slides and swung on the swings. Eventually the two of you ended up sitting on the top of the jungle gym.

It was at that moment you decided to take the first step forward.  Instantly you gave him a peck right on the lips before jumping down from the jungle gym. From there you ran off to your apartment but not before you yelled behind you that you would see him tomorrow. Chanyeol stayed frozen for just the right amount of time to allow you to get in front of your apartment door.

“Yah!” Chanyeol shouted causing you to grin and go into your apartment.

A couple of minutes later you heard a knock on your door. You bit the inside of your cheek to prevent yourself from smiling as you opened the door.

“What can I do for you, Mr. Park?” you teased.

“Oh, I can think of several things,” he growled gently shoving you back into your apartment and shutting the door behind him.

“Oh, really?” you challenged as Chanyeol place each arm on each side of you.

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes before titling your head up. He nipped at your bottom lip several times until it started to swell and turn red. Then he really began to kiss you. It was clumsy at first with teeth knocking together but eventually the both of you were getting a hang of it. He tasted like mint with a hint of chocolate.

 

Chanyeol saw as you unconsciously touched your bottom lip. His inner wolf whined to go to your side and reenact that first kiss. You looked up to see him still staring at you. He had so much love in his eyes for you. Little by little that love began to creep back to every corner of your heart.

The Organization deemed him dangerous.

He has the behavior of a child.

He’s killed people

He would never hurt you.

He’s a monster.

But you love him.