Chapter 7

Choice [Hansoon/Soonsol]

The following weeks were spent planning everything. Invitations were sent, caterers were ordered, the venue was booked. Meanwhile Hansol sat home, looking at pictures of him and Soonyoung on his phone. He'd tried to call the older a few times but to no avail.

Maybe Soonyoung was done with him. What if he actually started liking that girl? When would the wedding be held? Did he really lose his Soonyoung forever?

"I brought the mail!" a noisy Seungkwan exclaimed as he barged in through the front door. He threw the mail onto his best friend's lap before sitting down on the couch next to him.

Hansol sighed and put his phone down to go through the mail. Most of it was only trash. But then he stumbled across a card. It looked like an invitation. "What's that?" Seungkwan questioned and took the card from Hansol's hands.

"Invitation to the wedding of Kwon Soonyoung and Jang Soo Jin...on the 25th of September", he read aloud. "He's getting married?"

Hansol nodded and lowered his head. "And he has the nerve to invite you?" Seungkwan asked furiously. "I'm going...I should go...", Hansol said. "Are you crazy? Why would you do that to yourself?"

Hansol shrugged at his friend's question. "Maybe it's not too late yet...", he said. There was that little bit of hope that he refused to let go of. It would crush his world if Soonyoung actually went through with it. But if he went and Soonyoung didn't marry the girl he'd be the happy guy alive.

~

The 25th came way too fast for both, Soonyoung's and Hansol's liking. Soonyoung was glad that Soo Jin was a nice and funny person but he didn't want to spend the rest of his life with her. She became a good friend over the past few weeks but that was all.

Hansol spent the final days until the wedding, debating with himself if he really should go. Seungkwan had tried to talk him out of it but Hansol showed him the letter Soonyoung left him.

He didn't want Seungkwan to hate Soonyoung for something that wasn't his fault so he finally shared the contents of the letter that he originally wanted to keep to himself. Now Seungkwan's anger was directed towards Soonyoung's parents.

Hansol learned that his and Soonyoung's mutual friends (including Seungkwan) had been invited to the wedding as well after the older went home to find the same invitation in his mailbox. He was glad that he didn't have to sit through this alone.

~

So there he was now, entering the church, looking around, making eye contact with him. And that was when he realized that he couldn't watch this happening. He mouthed an 'I'm sorry' and fled from the church, tears threatening to fall from his eyes any second.

He decided not to inform his driver or to text any of his friends. Instead, he turned off his phone and walked back home. Why did Soonyoung really invite him? To be polite? To show him that he's okay and that he moved on?

It started raining just that moment. Hansol didn't mind, though. He just kept walking back home, thinking about the wedding that was taking place right now. He just had to deal with the fact that it really was the end for him and Soonyoung...

He entered the park and sat down on a bench. His clothes were getting more soaked by the second and he was sure that he would die of a cold tomorrow but he didn't care. He buried his face in his hands and finally allowed himself to cry.

Hansol didn't know how long he sat there. All he could think of was how Soonyoung was probably married by now. They had been together for two years and then it ended like this...

"God, I thought I wouldn't find you at all", someone called over the rain.