Chapter 3

Choice [Hansoon/Soonsol]

"I told you so...", Hansol said one the way back to their shared apartment. "I'm sorry...I really thought they'd be more open. They've never acted like that before", Soonyoung apologized. "Whatever...this won't affect our relationship at all", he assured the younger.

They arrived at home and Hansol flopped on the couch with the same sad expression he'd had during the car ride. Soonyoung took a seat next to him. "Don't worry about it too much. Maybe they'll come around. I mean they just found out that their only son likes so...", he joked.

"Yeah...I just don't want to be the reason you don't talk to your family", Hansol said. Soonyoung shook his head lightly. He hated to see the younger sad. He leaned over and pecked him on the cheek. "Cheer up, okay? This is not your fault", he said comfortingly.

"I'm sorry...it's-" Hansol was interrupted by the sound of Soonyoung's phone. The older pulled it out and looked at the screen.

"It's my mom...", Soonyoung said. He picked up hesitantly and got up from the couch. Soonyoung never sat still when he was on the phone. "Hello?"

"Talk? Yeah sure...I'll be right over...", Soonyoung said. "Okay...see you in a bit, mother." He hung up and faced his boyfriend. "They want to 'talk'. Maybe they got over the first shock. I'll head back, okay?"

Hansol smiled and nodded. Maybe Soonyoung's parents would accept him as their son's boyfriend after all. Soonyoung gave Hansol a short kiss on the lips before he grabbed his car keys and headed out the door. Hansol leaned back on the couch and sighed. He hoped that everything went well.

Soonyoung entered the living room with caution. He'd never left his parents' home like he had earlier. He hoped that they were able to understand that he really loved Hansol. And he wanted nothing more than for the three people he loved the most to get along.

"Soonyoung", his mother greeted him, though with a lot less enthusiasm than before. "Mother...Father", he replied and sat down on the same couch as before. "You wanted to talk...", he said.

"Did you bring that 'boyfriend' of yours?" Mr. Kwon asked and looked around as if to check if Hansol hid behind the furniture.

The venom laced in his voice made Soonyoung flinch. "No, he's at home", Soonyoung answered. "Good. Let me get straight to the point. We've given you a lot of freedom-" "I'm a legal adult. You have no choice but to give me freedom!" Mr. Kwon was interrupted by his son.

"We still won't let you do just anything. You're the heir of my company. You're this family's representative! And we won't let you fool around with that boy!" Soonyoung huffed at his father's words. "I'm in love with 'that boy'! Whether you like it or not I won't leave him only because of you guys", he stated.

"Yes, you will! You're going to marry my partner's daughter. You're going to move back in here until the wedding and you're never going to see that boy ever again!" his father ordered. "I don't think so", Soonyoung argued, crossing his arms over his chest.

"If you refuse we'll send you to your aunt's place in Australia. There's close to no service in the outbacks. Also, that boyfriend of yours will have a very hard time here without you...", Mr. Kwon threatened.

Soonyoung stared at his father in disbelief. He couldn't believe that the man he had looked up to all his life went this far. All because he couldn't accept the fact that his son was gay and had a boyfriend?

"Why are you doing this?", he asked. "We're doing this because you're bringing shame over our family!" Mrs. Kwon spoke up. "So the way people see our family is more important to you than your son's happiness?" "You'll thank us one day", Mrs. Kwon said calmly.

"Excuse me but I have a hard time believing that!" Soonyoung snapped. "I don't care if you believe us or not! If you want your...'boyfriend' to live well you should do as I say", Mr. Kwon said.

"What are you going to do to him if I refuse?" Soonyoung asked, not sure if he wanted to hear the answer. "Let's just say that he should be careful when he's crossing the street", Mr. Kwon said. Soonyoung gulped. His father was serious. He could tell by the look on his face.

"Okay fine...I'll do it...just please don't hurt him or anything."