Monsters

Monsters

He just couldn’t believe it. They got captured. They got ing captured!
Baekhyun sat in one of the many chairs by the long white table, thinking. Face in his hands with a distressed look.
His friends, no, his
family got captured by the government. Ambushed while he was away, looking out for possible enemies.
When he got back, everything were broken. Plates shattered to pieces, and food destroyed. Everything was a mess!

There’s got to be a way, a way to get them back from the place they are being held. How?
While twisting one of the rings on his fingers, Baekhyun could feel the gears turn in his head thinking of a way they could escape.
They are all he has left. They only have each other, no on else to trust. If it weren’t for the government chasing them, calling them monsters, it would’ve been better.
But it’s not, only because they are different. 

What’s so bad being different anyways? Would it been better if everyone was just like them? Clad in black, bulletproof vests, guns by their hips, and a helmet covering their entire face?
Baekhyun smirks, getting an idea. He knows. He knows of a way to get them back.

-x-

“Let go of me you ing bastard!!” Kai yelled at one of the guards.

“Shut up!” The guard shouts back. 

He hits Kai on his back with a baton soon after, making Kai fall on his knees with a grunt on the ground in pain. Two guards are repeatedly hitting him.
One with a baton, the other with a gun in his hands. While all this is happening, all three of them are surrounded by many other guards, just standing there, watching.
Kai is badly beaten. Blood is smeared on his forehead, bruises everywhere on his normally handsome face, and most of his clothes ripped in pieces.
Kai lifts his head up, looking forward. Between the guards surrounding them in a circle, he can see a faint silhouette of a figure.
The figure is thrown to the ground, being beaten by more of the guards just as bad as him. 

“Why are you doing this?! Where are the others?!” Kai yells yet again, only to receive another beating.

“You’ll see them soon, monster.” the same guard answers before Kai’s vision turns black.

-x-

Chen’s body is hurting so bad. The beating he has been receiving for hours now. It’s not that he fights back anyways. What can he do?
If he fights back, then they will only see him more of a monster than they already thinks he is. They are wrong. The government is the monsters.
They are the ones chasing his family. Beating his family without mercy. It’s not his fault that he’s different fromt he others, but he understands.
The government is afraid. Because they are different, the government don’t know what to do, so they are acting on instinct.

Another kick to his stomach makes his breath go away. His vision is hazy, barely able keeping them open.

“Hey! Don’t kill him yet. They want them alive. They said the monsters is perfect for their science.” one of the guards say. 

The other guard who’s been beating Chen stops. Chen’s body lays on the cold ground, blood pouring out from his wounds.
His breaths is short, and he can feel at least one of his ribs or more are broken. The pain is unbearable. What did they do to deserve this?

-x-

“I said hold him down!”

“We can’t sir! He won’t stop! We need more men!”

Chanyeol’s screaming has gone on for a while now. Him thrashing around in resistance, while more and more guards struggle to hold him down.
His strength is nothing compared to them. He could easily have won the fight back at the base, if only they hadn’t managed to knock him out.

His voice mixing with the guards’ shouting. He can feel those disgusting hands on his body, holding him in place down on the table.
Thrashing around isn’t helping, because that’s the only thing he’s been doing since he got there as well as screaming. No, that’s not the right word.
Forced is a better word. Forced against his will, against their will. A stinging sensation is felt on his left arm, and his senses starts to blurry.
Chanyeol immediately understands that they’ve sedated him. Before he blacks off completely, a face is flashed across his mind.
Chanyeol can only imagine him, that pretty face painted with sorrow and anger.

“I’m sorry.” he says before blacking out.

-x-

They were fools. Lowering their guards only a few minutes, when they should never lower their guards. Look at them now. Ambushed, captured and separated.
Getting beaten as if they would destroy the world. Suho wouldn’t mind, destroying the world. When it is as it is now. He would’ve gladly done it, with no regrets.
Hitting the fence with his face first makes a stinging sensation cripple over his body. How long has it been going on? Minutes, hours? Feels like an eternity.

Suho don’t care of himself, he can’t stop thinking about the others. What they are going through right now. The same as him, or worse? He doesn’t want to think about it, but he can’t stop.
Imagining the others almost beaten to death, but one particular face comes to his mind. His frown deepens more than it were already, tears forming in his eyes.
“Looks like you’re going to be on your own from now on.” he mumbles to himself.

-x-

Their security system . Baekhyun could get in without any problems, but he couldn’t think of the possibility that everything could be a trap, so he walks with cautious steps.
Either the facility has some pretty ty security system, or it could really be a trap. Maybe they are waiting to ambush him? He can’t take them for granted.
They managed to capture the others, so they must’ve planned it throughly. 

The hall is empty, making the tapping of his shoes echo throughout the hallway. Two or three windows to his left, and Baekhyun ducks under and sneaks past them, just to be sure.
He has trouble seeing in the dark, only with the moonlight lightning up the hallway. In the depths of the dark abyss, Baekhyun can finally see a small red dot, flashing in a rhythm to a slow pulse.
Fastening up his pace, he reaches the blinking circle. Its shape is like a square with wires sticking out on the left side, and on its right are three switches.
All of them facing up, indicating something is activated, and Baekhyun knows exactly what it is. Placing three of his fingers on each of the switches, he easily turns it off with a slight push.

“Security cameras are off, now to the fun part.”

-x-

Sehun’s been sitting in the van for a while now. The only company from D.O, Lay and Xiumin, but that’s enough. He thinks so.
At least he knows they are safe, but Sehun’s getting nervous when he’s thinking of the others.
All of them in the van is heavily bruised and open wounds, handcuffs digging uncomfortably in to their wrists. So far no one else has been showing up.
The doors are locked, and the glass is extra thick. There’s no way to escape, and they don’t have the energy to do so anyway.
The fights with the guards earlier when they got ambushed tired them out. 

“Where do you think the others are?” Sehun asks.
“How should I know? For all we know, one of them might be dead by now.” D.O answers in a quiet voice.

Sehun huffs and leans backwards, his back hitting the cold wall. The cold meets his skin through his clothes, making a shiver travel down his spine.

“Don’t say something like that. We don’t know, let’s not jump to conclusions.” Lay says. His voice is filled with determination, and Sehun can’t help but to admire his hyung a little.
Only a little.

After a short while, Xiumin speaks up.
“I wonder what Baekhyun is doing now. Do you think he has run away?”

“I don’t know, maybe he’s been captured too. If he has escaped then I hope so, but you know him. He always does something stupid.
If in the end he is the only one left, then he should be far away from here. All I can answer for now is, we don’t know.” D.O says.

Sehun’s eyes widen, and his face is written with worry.
“You guys don’t think Baekhyun hyung is-“

The doors suddenly opens, distracting Sehun’s attention. What he sees, makes his blood boil. Guards are dragging with them one by one the body of the rest of their family.
Just like Sehun and the others, Kai, Chen, Chanyeol and Suho is beaten and handcuffed. They are thrown in the van without hesitation, making them land harsh on the ground.
All of them looks around and spots Sehun, D.O, Lay and Xiumin.

“Hyung! Are you okay?” Sehun says, crouching down to Chanyeol.

The latter only grunts in response, holding one of his hands near the back of his head.
It’s hard to see because of his flaming red hair and bad light, but a line which is a darker shade of crimson trailing down confirms Sehun’s suspicions of a wound. 

Sehun hear someone standing up and he looks up, his eyes suddenly following Lay. Lay is in rage as he tries to attack one of the guards, but fails.
Two other guards holds him back, while the third punches Lay in the stomach making him fall on top of Suho. 

“Where are you taking us?” Suho asks surprisingly calm, after Lay got off of him.

“A place far away where you belong. It’s not place for something like you here.” one of the guards says.

That’s all they got, as the guards shut the double doors automatically locking. All of them is placed on a bench opposite of each other.
Sehun is placed with D.O, Chanyeol, Xiumin and Lay on the left bench, while Suho Chen and Kai is sitting on the right.
The door to the drivers seat is opened, and a guard takes the seat by the steering wheel. A monstrous sound starts up from the engine, as the guard starts to drive from the government base. 

 

It’s silent as nor the guard, or the others has said single word. It’s been silent for the three hours they’ve been driving, and D.O likes the silence.
The guard doesn’t shoot them with questions, but they wouldn’t have answered him anyway. His eyes feels heavy suddenly, but he doesn’t protest.
He hasn’t had the chance to sleep, no one of them after what happened. D.O looks around in the van, and he can see that Chanyeol, Suho, Sehun and Kai has fallen asleep.
D.O sighs as he leans back, and falls slowly asleep to the rocky road.

When he wakes up, there’s no difference. It’s still silent, but the ones who were asleep is now awake. The ones who were awake before he fell asleep, is now sleeping. The roles has been switched. He turns to Suho, who is sitting opposite of him.

“How long have we been driving?”

“Six hours.” Suho answers shortly.

Six hours with constant driving, and it feels like his head is going to explode. He doesn’t like the silence anymore. As if Kai heard his thoughts, he speaks up.

“Hey, guard. Where exactly are we going?”

The guard remains silent, not answering Kai’s question. Only focusing on the dark road, its sides filled with lots of trees.
The sky is the only thing that remains open, with the moon illuminating the road with a weak light. Kai doesn’t give up though, as he continues to speak.

“I don’t understand why you guys are doing this to us. We may be different, but we haven’t done anything! Yet you are calling us monsters, but you are the monsters here!”

By now, Kai’s voice rises up so much that he’s yelling.

“Kai calm down.” Suho tries, but Kai brushes him off.

“You don’t understand how it is! You see us as monsters just because we are different than you guys, and jumps to a conclusion we are dangerous!
In my opinion, as the world is now, I actually starts to wonder if it would’ve been a difference if we killed someone.
If I get out of these handcuffs, I swear you’re the one who I’ll cut the throat first!”

D.O stares at Kai with wide eyes, and mouth agape. As well as the others, even Suho who tried to calm him down.
D.O turns his gaze to the guard in front of him, but the guard remains silent, not uttering a word. In the end, Kai snaps.

“Answer me for ’s sake!”

The ones who were asleep is startled awake as Kai’s voice thunders around in the van. Lay bumps his head on one of the double doors, as he is the one sitting near them.
Chen collides with Suho, making them both grunt and whine. Xiumin accidentally punches Chanyeol in the face, making D.O snort.
His almost-laugh disappears though, as it’s not the best situation to laugh in.

Even the guard jumps a little in his seat, D.O notices. 
The van stops abruptly, making D.O and Suho meet the weight of all the others as they fly forward. As they manages to gather themselves, they look out the windows. Nothing but darkness, trees and the moon high up in the sky. It looks like they’re in the forest, as D.O can see. No buildings are in sight, only trees and more trees.

“Hey! What was that all about?! What are you doing?!” Chanyeol yells.

The guard still says nothing, but he steps out of the car. They look at each other, exchanging glances in curiosity.
Footsteps can be heard outside the van, until they stop right outside the double doors.
The doors opens, and the guard stand there in his usual black suit which he has been driving in for six hours straight.
D.O’s breath gets stuck in his throat, as his thought swims through his head. What is the guard going to do? Was it because of what Kai said? It can’t be, can it?

To the surprise of D.O and the others, the guard lifts his arms, and takes of his helmet. Underneath is wet black raven hair.
The guard has his head bowed down, so no one can catch a glimpse of his face. When he looks up, a black mask is covering up half of his face from his nose and down, only showing of dark brown orbs.
He takes of his mask too, and it’s only then D.O’s breath is truly lost. He recognises that face anywhere, dirtied and bruised or not. He can hear the others gasp in shock, mostly Chanyeol and Suho. 

“Baekhyun?” Xiumin asks in shock.

Baekhyun is still standing by the doors, and Chanyeol and the others are still trying to grasp on the situation. Chanyeol can feel his eyes watering, and he has to gasp for air.
“Missed me?” Baekhyun says with a bittersweet smile. The earring he was wearing were torn of along with the mask when he took it off.
Small trails of blood falls down his ear where the holes are, painting half of his ear red.

“Hyung? What, how?” Sehun asks. 

Just like Chanyeol, his eyes are shining because of the tears forming. 

Baekhyun scoffs and rolls his eyes.
“Are you guys serious? Did you really think I would’ve left you behind? So much for trusting me.”

Baekhyun throws the helmet on the ground, making it land on the ground with a heavy thud. He takes his one hand in the pocket, drawing out something small and shiny.
“Now what do you guys say? Do you want this things off? They look really uncomfortable, but if you want, keep them on.” he says, holding up the keys.

Chanyeol finally laughs, along with the others as they step out of the car. 
One by one, Baekhyun takes off the handcuffs, letting them fall to the ground.

“Let’s move!” Baekhyun says.

As he walks Chanyeol begins to follow, Lay suddenly stops them.

“Wait, Baekhyun.” he says, making Baekhyun turn around.

“What about the van?” The government might find it if it just stays here.”

He got a point, Chanyeol thinks. If they let the van stay, the government might find it even though they are far away. It’s a big risk, a risk they don’t want to take.

“Okay, what do you suggest?” Baekhyun asks, folding his arms.

As Chanyeol could see, it wasn’t meant in a rude way. It’s just his personality, being very sassy. Chanyeol can’t help but smile.

“I have an idea.” Chanyeol speaks up.

Baekhyun stares at him with surprised eyes, not expecting Chanyeol to answer. Chanyeol shrugs with his shoulders, before making his way back to the van. He places his palm against one of the leather benches, and he can feel his hand heat up. A small flame suddenly appears beneath his palm, and he immediately steps out and runs back to the others. The sound of an explosion sounds through the area, and Chanyeol takes a look behind him.
There it is, the van bathing in flames with a mix bright red, yellow and orange colours.
The smoke lifting up in the air. He begins to walk again, slinging his long arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders.

“Let’s go.”


And it's done! Write down in the comment section what you think!

Thank you for reading^^!