Second

Trust

 

 

“Do you want to move out?!”

 

Shinhye nearly yelled at the couple in a surprised manner.

 

Hakyeon spit his juice in shocked.

 

“Oppss I’m Sorry Yeon ah”

 

“Kenchanayo noona.”

 

He said, as Taekwoon helps him wiping the spilt juice. Shinhye looks at them with sad eyes; the love bird were hesitant.

 

“But are you planning to move? Taekwoon ah, we still can talk.”

 

“Hyung choose to not trust me hyungsoo. Ottoke?”

 

“Think about the kids oh. Minhyuk and Hongbin is close. They will miss each other.”

 

“But.”

 

Hakyeon pats Taekwoon’s hand, gesturing him to stop and he will talk instead.

 

“I’ll bring Hongbin here after school. It is better this way. When everything had solved, we’ll move in again.”

 

“But.”

 

“We try to not come to this conclusion noona. But this situation is more complicated than what we could think. I sense something fishy.”

 

Said Hakyeon, glancing over at his husband.

 

“Gurae. I won’t force you anymore.”

 

Shinhye said, gives up.

 

“We are sorry hyungsoo.”

 

“Aniya. What’s with the sorry? But will you tell your hyung?”

 

“We should.”

 

Hakyeon said, looking at Taekwoon who seems reluctant.

 

“I know you must feel down but still, he is your hyung. You only have each other.”

 

Shinhye said, trying to coax them to stay.

 

“But he doesn’t seem to trust me. He knows me more than anyone. How could he think I’ll do that thing to Solar?”

 

Shinhye bites her tongue. She too thinks that her husband is too cruel in judging Taekwoon but he is her husband after all. She can’t not siding him.

 

“Let’s leave it for now husband.”

 

Hakyeon said and stood up.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“The kids must have wake up. They must be hungry too right?”

 

He pats Taekwoon’s shoulder and smiles at Shinhye when he said he will bring Minhyuk along too.

 

 

***

 

Eunji was having breakfast at Solar house that morning.

 

They want to plan something to break Hakyeon and Taekwoon’s wedding.

 

Solar bites her finger nails and she sat down on the chair, hugging her knees.

“Unni, what if Taek oppa find out?”

“Find out about what?”

Sanghyuk who just coming down for breakfast ask his noona and crooked his mouth when she looks at Eunji.

“I’m asking you noona, about what? What shouldn’t Taekwoon hyung know?”

“Nothing Hyukkie”

Solar try to be natural as she smile but it really doesn’t reach her brother.

“Why don’t you tell him the truth Solar? I bet he will help us”

“Can someone tell me the truth now?”

“I will tell you”

Eunji said after take a sip of her drink.

“Tell him after he eat unni.”

***

Hakyeon and Shinhye is at the lawn playing with Hongbin and Minhyuk.

“Mama look at the flower”

“Which one Binnie?”

“There, the one that Minhyuk hyung hold, isn’t it beautiful mama?”

“Yes, very beautiful”

“Beautiful like you mama”

“Aigoo uri Hongbin is soo cute”

Shinye pinch Hongbin’s check while Minhyuk struggles to sit on his mummy lap.

“Am I right mummy?”

“Yes”

“Who teach you like that Binnie?”

Hakyeon asked after laughing.

“Dada”

“Dada?”

“Uh uh”

He nods cutely. Hakyeon wonder when did Taekwoon teach their son things like that.

They all laugh at little Hongbin who praise his mama and burst into a bigger one when Minhyuk tries to praise his mother too as he doesn’t want to lose to Hongbin.

***

“Why are you asking me to meet you here other than your office or mine?”

 

Wonshik asks as he stares straight at Taekwoon.

 

Taekwoon looks gloomy even when Wonshik arrived He doesn’t smile or answer his greeting.

 

“Hey hyung, Answer me”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Oh Wonshik, When did you arrive?”

 

He asks; half-heartedly.

 

“Look at you hyung. I bet something terrible happen to you. Is everything fine at home? How about my brother? Is he fine?”

 

He asks in worried tone.

 

Taekwoon nods but after a moment of silence, he let out a devastated sigh.

 

“Do you remember Solar? The girl that I help”

 

“Oh Hyukkie’s sister right?”

 

“Deh”

 

“She said that I make her pregnant”

 

“What?”

 

Wonshik shouts which make everyone at the café look at him; murmuring among themselves.

 

He stood up and bows to them to apologize and continues to hear Taekwoon.

 

Taekwoon continue his story and Wonshik shakes his head now and then in disbelief.

 

“So how is Hakyeon hyung doing? Is he fine? I’m going to check on him after this”

 

He said, frowning as he feels sorry for his hyung.

 

“Hakyeon is fine. I’m glad he doesn’t believe them all the way. Wonshik ah. Can you help me investigate this thing? I don’t know why Eunji is doing this with her.”

 

“I will hyung. I will ask my partner, Jaehwan hyung’s help”

 

“You partner or your life partner?”

 

Taekwoon who now feel a little at ease after seeking his help jokes and Wonshik grins; rubbing his nape.

 

“Eyy hyung”

 

***

 

“I heard from your Shinhye that you want to move out”

 

Yonghwa sit down at the dining table, his face stoic.

 

Hakyeon then let Hongbin down after washing his hands and mouth; asked him to go to the living room to play with Minhyuk.

 

“Hyungnim”

 

Hakyeon calls him but Yonghwa doesn’t waver. Instead, he looks at him.

 

“I want an explanation. Call Taekwoon. I want him down, now”

 

Hakyeon nods and proceed to call his husband.

 

Shinhye who saw Hakyeon walks away from his husband went to him, glancing at his slumped back.

 

“Don’t push them too hard yeobo. He is your brother and you are the only one he have in life”

 

Yonghwa glances at his wife and sighs.

 

“I know, and I’m doing my job as a brother now.”

 

***

 

Hakyeon call his husband when he spot him playing with the kids.

 

“Husband, hyungnim wants to meet you now”

 

“Huh? Wae?”

 

“Noona must have told him about us wanting to move out”

 

Hakyeon pouts after that.

 

“Do you really want to move out Husband?”

 

He asks Taekwoon and the latter hesitates again.

 

“I don’t want to but…”

 

Hakyeon smiles and pulls his husband closer, makes him stops talking.

 

“I just want to listen to that. Now, let’s meet your hyung neh”

 

“Okay wife”

 

They walk to where Yong hwa is sitting; Shinhye is nowhere to be seen and then Hakyeon spots her making drinks.

 

“Sit down”

 

He said, gesturing them both to sit in front of him.

 

There were silent. No one is speaking and Yongwa had his head bowed down, looking at his hand that he puts on the table; seems like in a deep thinking. Only the sound of water and spoon clicking were heard. Hakyeon glances to Taekwoon and squeezes his hand under the table. He smiles and nods when his husband look at him.

 

“Have a drink”

 

Shinhye served them some tea and sat beside Yonghwa.

 

“I heard that you want to move out?”

 

He started after some time and now he had his hand crossed, eyes on both of them.

 

“Wae?”

 

“Emm hyung..”

 

“Can’t your husband talk now? I want to hear it from him Yeon”

 

Taekwoon was startled at Yonghwa sudden raise of voice.

 

“I I”

 

Hakyeon holds Taekwoon hand tighter to give him some strength.

 

Taekwoon then take a deep breath.

 

“Actually, I don’t want to but.”

 

“But what?

 

He was cut by Yonghwa’s tone and Shinhye holds her husband arm, gesturing that the children will hear him.

 

“You don’t want to see my face.”

 

Taekwoon said, in his usual whisper voice and Yonghwa smirks in disbelief.

 

“Now it is my fault. Right?”

 

“No I”

 

“Listen here Taek.”

 

Yonghwa starts talking in a more softer voice, soothing and calm and Taekwoon look at him now.

 

He saw how his eyes was on him, full of care and love like how he always seen. Just that Yonghwa doesn’t smile.

 

“No matter what happen, I just want you to remember that this is OUR house. I don’t want you to move out. Do you think appa and omma will be happy to see you move out from the house? Staying wherever instead of here?”

 

“Hyung.. I’m sorry”

 

Yonghwa doesn’t say anything after that. Instead, he took his cup of tea and walk to the living room to where the kids happily cosplaying as the characters in Pororo.

 

“Listen to your hyung neh. This house won’t look like a house if one of us doesn’t live here.”

 

Shinhye pats their head with a motherly smile and follows her husband.

 

Taekwoon lowered his head and soon his forehead is on the table; he sighs.

 

Hakyeon rubs his back.

 

“Don’t feel down. Hyungnim just need time. Here, drink this, it will make you calm husband”

 

Taekwoon drinks the chamomile tea and smile sadly at Hakyeon. The soothing tea that successfully replenish his despair before this doesn’t show any effect especially today and he doesn’t even think of why.

 

He took his wife soothing hand, which works more than anything and anywhere and kisses his palm; resting his cheek on the warm palm. He looks at his eyes.

 

“I love you wife. Remember that. Always and eternal. No one can ever makes me fall in love over and over again.”

 

“I know you. I know how you are before we got close.”

 

Hakyeon smiles and that make Taekwoon feel better and better. When they were about to clean up, Hakyeon did actually, they were startled by a thundering voice from outside.

 

“Taekwoon hyung! Get out here now!”

 

Hakyeon stops picking up their cup and looks at his husband.

 

“It sound like Hyukkie,”

 

Taekwoon said and Hakyeon furrows his brows.

 

“But what is he doing here now?”