Chapter 4 - Anniversary [Pt.1]

My Source of Happiness

Kris' POV

Today is our third anniversary. I am planning to surprise AJ. She's not into cheesy stuffs and so am I, but I want to make this day a memorable day for her. 

Now, here I am in our favorite restaurant. I was inquiring for a dinner reservation and it's a bit pricey, but it's for my AJ so it doesn't really matter. 

We're not just going to have a simple dinner this night. You'll see later. I planned for this two weeks ago. In order to make her happy, I am willing to do anything. She makes my life complete, and I need to repay it all.

I texted AJ. Hey, happy third anniversary, boo! Wishing the both of us more strength to hold on!

Minutes later, she replied. Happy anniversary, too! Saranghaja!

I replied with, Nado neureol saranghaeyo ~

And she just replied back with a wink. I bet she was embarassed again. Aish, how cute. I am thinking of her embarassed expressions because it's just so cute.

"Excuse me, Sir. Would you like something to drink while waiting for you request to be done? It's free." A waiter went near me and asked me. 

"Just a cup of coffee." Since it's still early in the morning, coffee should be a great drink. I told Amber last night that I would be doing some stuffs today that's why I can't visit her and she said does, too. But honestly, we both know that we're just preparing for surprises.

The waiter came back with my coffee as he bowed at me and I thanked him. After my request had succeeded, I quietly waited for them. Half an hour had passed before they arrived. I stood up and bowed at them and they just smiled.

"Happy anniversary to you and my sister, bro." Jackie told me. Yes, I invited her family to come with us for dinner. She doesn't know her family is in Korea. I think this would be a great surprise. She haven't seen them for a year because she's been so busy on having an idol life.

"Thank you. Would you like anything to eat, Ma'am and Sir?" I asked them politely.

"Oh c'mon, you should just call us Mom and Dad, Kris." Her Mom told me.

"Yes, M-Mom." I shyly uttered.

"Anyway Kris, we just came here to meet you and to have a breakfast, too. Don't worry, it's my treat." Her Dad told me.

"No, Sir. I think I should pay-"

"It's Dad and nope, you'll be my future son-in-law soon so it's not a big deal." He cooly said as he raised his hand to order. 

Their family is really cool.

***

I'm now on my unit, readying myself for tonight's event. I already texted AJ to get ready because I will fetch her at 7PM and she still don't have any clue of what awaits her. I told her family to be there at 6:30PM, and while we are having a breakfast this morning, I told them my plans and they agreed.

It was already 7PM and I grabbed my wallet and car keys, then drove my way to her unit.

As we arrived, the waiters and waitresses bowed at us then I grabbed her to our reservation area. As soon as we entered, she said, "Wow."

"Kris, this is so beautiful." She said, still amazed with the place.

"You are more beautiful, my AJ." I whispered and she blushed again. 

"You look amazing, too." She answered me. I moved the chair for her and she sat on it.

"Let's eat?" I asked and she nodded and we started eating.

After we ate, she said. "Thank you for this night, Kris. You never failed me. Thank you for all of your efforts. Uhm, here take this." She handed me a bag and when I opened it.

"W-What the.." That was the only thing I managed to say. She just gave me a sketchbook full of her sketches. Sketches of the two of us. There was one sketch when we were star gazing. There was one sketch when were playing the basketball. There was also one sketch, the most memorable one, the day answered me yes. The day we started everything. 

"Hey, are you crying? Hey?" She asked me. Hell yeah, I am. 

"Thank you. This is the best." I told her and she smiled. And then, they appeared, which made her shock.

"That was sweet, sis." Jackie said and her eyes widened. 

"Jackie? Mom? Dad? Kris, did you-" AJ said. I nodded.

"We miss you so much." Her Dad said and she hugged them, and started crying.

-

A/N: I divided this into two parts. The second part will be updated tonight. Kidaryeo juseyoo ~