Part 1

Work Me Out

Mark wasn't desperate. He really wasn't. He didn't need a boyfriend. He was completely content with his current relationship status and his current life situation. No additions necessary. He had a job as a stuntman and he had friends and a decent apartment with a roommate, Youngjae, and a dog, Coco. He was satisfied with his young adult life so far, but someone disagreed.

“Mark, you need to go on a date.” Jinyoung said as he flopped on to the couch with snacks and drinks. He really made himself at home when he was not at his own apartment.
“No.” Mark countered as he played with Coco on the floor.
“Why not?”
“I'm satisfied as I am.” Mark replied curtly.
“Youth is not about being ‘satisfied’ or being ‘content,’ since that's a word you also like to use. It's about taking risks, trying new things, meeting new people, and falling in and out of love. You're young. Act like it.”
“Jinyoung…”
“NO. I will not be silenced. I need you to date SOMEONE. Preferably not an but if that's your choice that's your choice.”

Mark threw a pillow at him. How Park Jinyoung wormed his way into his life and became Mark’s best friend was honestly a mystery. They'd met at a job in a clothing store in college. Even though Mark was quiet and seemed kind of odd, Jinyoung wasn't deterred and meddled his way into the older’s life. Now Mark was stuck with him, and he wasn't sure if his friend had his best intentions in mind.

He seemed to be finished his ranting for the day. They were supposed to be watching movies and catching up, but apparently “catching up” meant analyze Mark’s personal life. Whatever. It wasn't the worst Jinyoung could do. That guy also liked to pretend he was a psychologist and a life coach besides the fact he had neither of those occupations. He was actually a college professor and high school teacher. He was a busybody that really liked literature and money.

“Coco, when will Jinyoung let me live peacefully?”



A few weeks later, Jinyoung and Mark were eating dinner at a fancy sushi restaurant. Mark only agreed because it was a nice change to his daily routine. Jinyoung had been busy lately and Mark had been trying to occupy his time with new hobbies, his few other friends, and his dog. Even though sushi and wine was not all that spectacular, it was definitely better than anything he's done lately.

“So I know you don't want me to bring this up but I'm bringing it up anyway.”
“Jin-”
“So I've been going on dates with this guy, and he works at a gym but is actually a dancer. He's so hot and his smile is gorgeous and just everything about him is y. I have a really good feeling about him.”
“What does that have to do with me?”
“I'm getting to it. Anyway he's been telling me about his friend, who I have seen, and I can certify is a total hottie. His friend is single as well and works at the gym too.”
“Again, what does that have to do with me?”
“I would very much appreciate if you went on a date with him. Just one. If you hate him then you don't have to go out with him again.”
“I said I don't want to go out on a date with anyone.”
“But… please. If I got his friend a date then the guy would totally be more into me.”
“I could be an and his friend could hate me and that would reflect badly on you.”
“Maaaaarrrrkkk.” Jinyoung whined. “Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.”
“You're so...ugh.” Mark ran a hand through his hair. “Give me logical reasons why I should do anything associated with your boyfriend and his friend.”
“He's not my boyfriend… yet.” Jinyoung mumbled as he blushed. “Okay: one, you need to make friends or get a boyfriend and by going on this date, it's a great opportunity to do those things; two, he's cute and has an awesome personality that's a lot better than yours; three, you could help me, your best friend, get a boyfriend; and for my fourth point… um… as I always tell you, you have to live a little and take a chance. Who knows how it will turn out?”

Even though Jinyoung was definitely irritating, his points were reasonable. Getting his best friend a boyfriend wasn't his problem; Jinyoung would do fine without his assistance. But he should get some friends or even a boyfriend. Even though he was content, Mark definitely wouldn't mind a significant other to enjoy his time with. The younger’s words did ruffle his feathers.

“Fine.”
“WHAT!?”
“I'll meet your boyfriend’s friend.”
“I TOLD YOU HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!” He shouted indignantly.
“No need to yell,” Mark said as he placed more sushi on his plate.
“What should I tell Jaebum?” Jinyoung asked as he pulled out his phone.
“Is that his name?” Mark asked with a smirk as he swirled the wine in his glass.
“Yeah..” Jinyoung muttered as his blush spread from ear to ear.
 He must really like him, Mark thought.
“But I don't want to go on a ‘date’ with him. I also don't want help from your ‘friend.’”
“Then what do you want to do?”
“I want him to work me out.”