Final

The Right Guy

“I’m sorry—w-we’re over.”

We’re over. We’re over.

It was one of the scariest things Bomi had heard. And the worst thing was, those words slipped out of Nam Woohyun’s lips.

Her best friend.

Her lover.

Her soulmate.

Her boyfriend.

No, scratch that, ex­-boyfriend.

She had loved him with all her heart for two whole years.

Two ing years! That was what Bomi said when she gobbled down some ramyeon with her friends to relieve the pain that’s continuously stabbing her heart. Her mascara was now dripping down her face, and hell she looked like the horror filter on Snapchat.

“You need to get high, Bbom,” said Kim Namjoo, one of Bomi’s best friend. Namjoo is like Bomi—the wild ones. Judgement never managed to break through their walls of confidence.

“You want me to take drugs and get high on what—heroin? ?” Bomi shook her head in disbelief. She’s not stupid to go high on drugs over some boy who broke her heart.

“Nice idea, Namjoo,” Park Chorong said with a thick layer of sarcasm hidden underneath her words. Chorong is the eldest of the squad, and the most mature and sensible one.

“Why don’t we just go to the nightclub at Hongdae? Get drunk on vodka, hook up with some guy—just don’t make babies,” suggested Jung Eunji. Eunji is not the oldest, but definitely not the youngest.

On the outer surface Jung Eunji is the epitome of goals—her beauty, her body shape, her smile, her attitude—every inch of her made people feel jealous.

On the inner surface, Jung Eunji is a wild cat. Clubbings, hook-ups—not having of course, just kissing random guys.

“Let’s just go with Eunji’s idea. Just the first part.” Naeun voiced out. Son Naeun could be deemed as the chic, elite girl out of the girls in their squad. She grew up in a wealthy family in Seoul, went to Parsons and is now the Son Naeun, the fashion designer every celebrity would buy their clothes from

“Am I allowed to go?” asked Hayoung with uncertainty. Oh Hayoung is the youngest of the squad and is currently attending Seoul National University, majoring in Computer Science.

“You’re 20 now! Of course you can!” said Eunji, “So, clubbing it is?”

“Time to get dressed, girls,” said Chorong with twinkling eyes as she clasped her hands together in excitement in Bomi’s direction.

It’s good to drown your sorrows with alcohol once in a while right? Bomi convinced herself internally as she thought it was going to turn out bad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His fist slammed the table as tears filled up his big, doe eyes. The feeling of being cheated on was more overwhelming than the feeling of being accepted to Le Corden Bleu, one of the biggest culinary universities in the world.

So this is the feeling of getting cheated on, huh? Do Kyungsoo thought in agony as his teary eyes were fixed on Park Chanyeol’s phone. On it was a picture of a brown-haired girl smiling and kissing a dirty blonde-haired man.

And the girl’s foot was in the air. (For those of you who are not sure what this means, it’s a superstition that a girl is truly in love if one of her foot is in the air when she kisses a guy)

The rest of Kyungsoo’s friends could only look away in silence. They knew how much Kyungsoo loved Wendy. For two whole years, Kyungsoo was always there for Wendy.

When she’s happy, sad, sick, Kyungsoo is always there for her.

Kyungsoo never let her down.

He didn’t abandon her.

Yet she abandoned him.

I fixed her heart yet she broke my heart. What a nice way to thank me.  Kyungsoo thought as he scoffed internally.

“You know what? I’m done. I’ve had enough of this ing piece of bull.” Kyungsoo yelled as he wiped away his tears in fury.

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo,” Chanyeol said, his head hung low. Chanyeol is the “happy virus” of the squad, but now he just felt like a “guilty virus”.

“Come on hyung, let’s do something. You need to forget this,” Kim Jongin said. He felt really sorry for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo is a loyal man and had loved Wendy without even batting an eye at other girls, but Wendy did the opposite.

And hell yeah, it ing hurts.

“Smoke weed every day!” Byun Baekhyun jumped and said with a cheery tone. He’s the “monkey” of the group. He tried to enlighten the mood but apparently it was not working. “No?” he awkwardly cleared his throat and sat back down.

“Are you ing serious Baekhyun? Smoke weed everyday?” Kim Joonmyeon asked in astonishment as he shook his head. He’s the oldest of the squad, and also the one who cares so much about everyone’s health.

Of course, he’s a doctor, and the “mom” of the squad.

“I got an idea! Let’s have a night out tonight at the nightclub at Hongdae!” Sehun jumped as he suggested his idea. Oh Sehun is the youngest, and the most idiotic one.

For once, he’s being sensible.

“Finally Oh Sehun suggests something that’s sensible. Let’s go, es!” Baekhyun said in excitement.

To go or not to go, that’s the question.  Kyungsoo thought in horror as he was very sure that things would go wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You slay girl!” Eunji said to Bomi as they walked into the night club.

Bomi was dressed in a tight, leather, strapless dress that fell onto her mid-thigh. Her eyes were decorated with the smoky eyeshadow from and her slender feet fit perfectly into her Christian Louboutin signature red-sole heels. Her hair was untouched—just her ombre natural wavy hair.

Bomi didn’t feel like dancing, so she went to the bar counter and ordered a shot of martini. Her other friends went to the dance floor and just let their body sway to the beat of the music.

“One shot of martini please,” Bomi heard a deep, soothing voice sitting next to her. Unconsciously, Bomi turned to the person next to her and could not take her eyes off the man.

Everything about the man was mesmerizing.  His big doe eyes, his disheveled brown hair, his slender figure, his jawline. The man was dressed in a white button-up long-sleeved shirt with a pair of Levi’s jeans and his feet fit perfectly into his Nike sneakers.

Kyungsoo seemed to notice Bomi staring at him and said, “May I help you, miss?”

Bomi flushed as she realized she was caught red-handed staring at him and shook her head and said, “N-no, everything’s fine,”

“A shot of martini for you miss, and one for you sir,” the bartender handed them their drinks.

“Rough day?” Bomi asked. She knew that she would always drown herself in martini after an extremely rough day.

“Really, really rough. I always turn to martini after ty days,” Kyungsoo replied as he took a shot of his martini.

“Me too,” Bomi said as she gulped down her martini.

Kyungsoo looked at Bomi with amusement. A lot of people would go for vodka after rough days, but the only other person Kyungsoo knew who turn to the comfort of martini was Bomi.

And this intrigued him to know her better.

“Rough day at work?” Kyungsoo asked. He ordered another shot of martini.

“Break up. You?” Bomi replied. She also ordered another shot of martini.

“Yeah. Got cheated on.”

“My ex broke up with me.”

The second round of martini came.

“How long were you together?”

“Two years.”

“Me too. Hurts a lot, yeah?”

“Hurts like ing hell.”

“I’m Kyungsoo.”

“I’m Bomi.”

The third round arrived.

“You’re a student?”

“Nah. I work in Chanel. Fashion merchandiser. You?”

“Chef in Savoy Restaurant.”

“Are you ing kidding me? The food there is like—ing delicious!”

“Thanks. You eat there often?”

“I usually go there for company dinners or birthdays or just for a hangout with my friends.”

“You came here alone?”

“Nah. My friends dragged me here.”

“Me too. And my friends are those 4 stupid guys who are dancing and the other one is right there at the end of the counter, drinking some beer.”

“My 4  friends are those girls who are dancing with your friends. And the other one is—right there, at the end of the bar. The girl who’s taking a seat next to your friend.”

It was the fourth round and things started getting hazy for Kyungsoo and Bomi.

“Never knew break ups would hurt like hell.”

“Don’t you think it’s unfair that we love someone so much with all our heart and yet we get cheated on?”

“Yeah, or maybe it was just fate’s way of telling you that your lover is not the one for you. Only in a painful way.”

“My friend was walking down the street at Gangnam when he saw her. Kissing another guy. And her foot is in the air.”

“Ouch. I don’t even know why my ex broke up with me. But come to think of it, the last few months we kissed, I felt nothing. Maybe he felt nothing too. And that’s why he broke up with me.”

The fifth glass came and sobriety was not in Kyungsoo and Bomi anymore.

No words were spoken this time, just both of them staring at each other’s faces. Kyungsoo’s eyes linger onto Bomi’s lips and he imagined how it would feel like to kiss Bomi.

Bomi must have realized where Kyungsoo was looking at her gaze also fell onto his heart-shaped lips. Soft and plump.

Must’ve been sweet to kiss him—Yoon Bomi are you insane?! How can you think of kissing another guy when you just broke up yesterday?!

“I-I should go. See you around Kyungsoo.” Bomi said as she tried her best to stand up and walked towards the rest room to get a grip of herself.

Kyungsoo watched as Bomi’s figure became smaller and smaller and there was something inside him that made him want to follow her.

And he did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bomi felt down as she walked away from Kyungsoo. She wanted to see him again before she go. There was something about Kyungsoo that made her attracted to him.

Is it his eyes? His manners? His lips? His smile? His straightforwardness? Bomi thought.

Bomi contemplated on whether to just go to the toilet and leave Kyungsoo and will never see him again or go find Kyungsoo.

She chose the latter.

She tried to go back to the bar counter to find Kyungsoo but there was the big, damned dance floor filled with a sea of people blocking her way. She tried to squeeze her way through but to no avail, so she gave up and decided to just go to the toilet.

Just then a hand grabbed her wrist and someone said her name, “Bomi!”

Bomi turned around and saw the person holding her wrist.

Kyungsoo.

Bomi looked at him silently and her gaze travelled to his lips.

Kyungsoo did not let go of Bomi and just stared into her eyes, then her lips, then back to her eyes. He knew it was the wrong thing to do, but he did it anyway.

He slammed his lips onto Bomi’s.

Bomi was completely surprised by Kyungsoo’s action. She tried resisiting but eventually she responded to his kiss. There was something about Kyungsoo’s kiss that made her felt alive. Electricity rushed through her veins.

Is it because I need to kiss someone? Or it’s because it’s Kyungsoo?

Bomi knew she shouldn’t be kissing another guy after a break up that was like, 1 day ago, but Kyungsoo made her think otherwise.

Their kiss soon turned to a make out session. Kyungsoo pinned Bomi towards the wall near the bathroom and they just made out there.

Soon, they ran out of oxygen and they broke away from their kiss. Their foreheads were touching each other’s, and they were gasping.

“This is—” Bomi started but Kyungsoo cut her off.

“Wrong. I know. I’m sorry, I didn’t know—”

“No, it’s okay. It actually felt really good.”

Kyungsoo was taken aback by Bomi’s response and said, “We’re just bad exes, aren’t we?”

Bomi giggled and said, “Hell yeah we are. We should meet again. Give me your number.”

They exchanged their numbers and soon regained back their senses.

“It was nice meeting you, Kyungsoo.”

“You too Bomi.”

They went their separate ways to find their own squads. On the way back home in the cab, Bomi thought a lot about Kyungsoo. She was still unsure on why she responded to Kyungsoo’s kiss, even though she knew it was wrong, but there is this little voice in her head that kept repeating the same words over and over again.

It’s not wrong, Bomi. It’s just fate’s way of telling you that he’s the right guy.