Butterflies Pt. 5

The Tales of the Royalty

 

Taeyeon ran and ran and ran. She ran until her breath caught in , until she felt her lungs bursting. She looked around and noticed that she was on a bridge, the abandoned one next to the Han River. The bridge where she and Fany would used to play on, endlessly, back when they were in elementary school. Occasionally, in high school, they’d come back and reminisce the past, while eating ice-cream cones. This all stopped after high school graduation. The two of them went off in different directions. Tiffany went back to America on a scholarship to study in the prestigious Georgetown. Taeyeon stayed in Seoul. The only time they saw each other was over Skype. But to Taeyeon, even seeing Tiffany over the screen was good enough for her. Eventually, Tiffany came back, and Taeyeon’s unrequited love for her grew stronger and stronger each time she saw the helpless girl cry over a broken heart.

 

No matter what, Taeyeon vowed to stay next to Tiffany’s side and love her. Even if this love could lead her to her own misery.

 

Taeyeon sat down, with her back against the rotting, wooden pole. She sat and cried.

 

Cried over how incredibly stupid she was.

 

Cried over how Tiffany would never really love her back.

 

Cried because she missed the other girl.

 

She punched the wooden plank underneath her.

 

One punch.

 

Two.

 

Three. She started really pounding her fists on the ground, not caring that the wooden splinters have inserted themselves into her raw and bloodied knuckles. She just needed to let everything out.

 

 “W-w-why…? WHY?”

 

The pain in her heart outweighed the pain she felt crawling around on her knuckles. She clenched her fists, and even more blood dripped down. She eventually got tired punching and hit her head against the pole. “Why? Why? Why?”

 

She became dizzy. She felt something trickling down the side of her head. But the pain was dulled when she closed her eyes and recalled the scene at the café. “WHY?!”

 

Her phone vibrated. She picked it up, staining it with her blood. Fifteen missed calls. Eight unread texts. All from the same person. She opened the first text.

 

Tae Tae~~~

                        It’s me! I saw you earlier at the café…Why’d you run? Where are you?

 

The second.

           

            Tae Tae~~~

                        It’s me again. Why are you ignoring my texts and calls? Text me when you see this! I’ll be waiting.

 

She scrolled down to the eighth unread text.

 

            Yah. Answer me! I’m so worried! Is this how you treat your best friend?

 

            Best friend. Best friend. The dreaded words echoed around in her head.

 

“BEST FRIEND MY @$$!!!” She threw her phone down and watched, as the hunk of metal bounced along on the wooden bridge, until it finally landed on the soft, loamy grass.

 

The tears were coming down more readily as Taeyeon continuously pounded her already throbbing head on the wooden post.

 

“Why…why…Tippani….Why do I love you so much….?”

 

As soon as the words left , her world faded to black.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DOUBLEEE UPDATE!!! For my awesome readers!!! 
Thanks for ze commentzzz....

Anyone up for Part 6? :)
Please COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!!!!! 

 

Saranghaeyo~~~!