Six

Diamonds In The Sea

[A/N]: Well ummm I might be in the middle of very important homework ummmm
         I'm so sorry I didn't update this for like months and months and months TT_TT
         But good news I think! After this week and the next I have two weeks off so I might update again a few times... or revision for my end-of-years might eat me again. But I'll try :) 
Anyway, enjoy~~

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Pulling the phone out of his pocket again, he pressed the power button and his fingers moved across the keypad, unlocking his screen. 

From: Kai

That's great then! Can we meet at the gate at lunch break?

He didn't have anything at lunch break. 

The phone buzzed again and he looked down. 

From: Kai

I want to get to know you more. 

Taemin's eyes froze. 

From: Kai

I wanted to speak to you before, but I never saw you outside of lessons. 

From: Kai

I'm sorry if this is weird to you. hehe ><

Taemin's fingers moved to reply. 

To: Kai

No it's fine. You talk a lot. 

Almost immediatey, a new message popped up. 

From: Kai

I noticed :P 

What might have been a hint of a smile flickered over Taemin's face as he pocketed his phone and jogged to his locker as the bell rang through the school corridors. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Taeminnie!" 

Minho popped up from the water and grinned, waving. "Hello!" 

Taemin nodded awkwardly and sat down, his legs skimming the water. Minho flopped around in the water for a while, before Taemin grew tired of watching him and began to talk. 

"Minho hyung?" 

Minho broke out into an even bigger smile. "Yes?" 

"I - you seem really happy." 

"Nothing. I just like hearing you call me hyung. I'm sorry." Taemin flushed red and waved his hands. "Wha- no, it's fine, I haven't got a problem with it! It's okay."

Minho rested his head on his arms and stared up at the younger boy. "You're cute when you're embarrassed." 

Taemin whined and covered his face. Minho laughed again - the sound that had more than once cleared his head of the thoughts, of the voice, the sound he would never get tired of hearing. 

They lapsed back into silence, Minho playing in the water, Taemin watching him, but it was a comfortable silence. They were good at comfortable silences. 

Taemin was just good at silence. 

"Minho hyung?"

Minho looked up, treading the water easily. "Yes?" 

"Why are you always in the water?" 

Minho jumped a little, and Taemin's suspicious side sparked. "Huh?"

"I've never seen you out of the water."

Minho was clearly growing flustered. "I'm not sure if I can tell you." Taemin blinked. "Why? What's wrong?" It can't be as bad, not that bad, right? "Tell me." 

Minho bit is lip. Taemin leaned forwards. 

The water rippled, its surface black and glossy, like polished obsidian. Taemin knew it was deep - he'd swam in it too, once. It was very deep. He stared into the water, stared at Minho, stared at his soft brown eyes with flecks of silver blue that he'd never noticed before, at the doubt and fear deep inside them. 

Then he realized that Minho had stopped treading water. He opened his mouth to warn him - but then he saw the last rays of the sun flickering in through the two large rocks, and saw it reflect off something under the black, black water. 

Something that rippled with shades of green and blue and purple and silver. Something that flickered into sight of the briefest of seconds before vanishing. 

It must have shown on his face. Minho jerked backwards. "Taemin?"

Taemin's mind stopped working. He gaped at the elder boy - or it. For what was he? That wasn't human. 

"Taeminnie -" 

But it was too late. The boy had already gone, disappeared out of the small cove and vanished up the beach in a matter of seconds, swallowed by the evening darkness.