Two

Diamonds In The Sea

Once again.

They did it again.

Taemin's memory was still hazy. He remembered managing to avoid his parents until morning, where he had been caught "attempting to sneak out to school." - he didn't care that he would have arrived outside the school gates alnost two full hours before they opened. Anything to keep away from his ... parents. He still felt the throbbing of the fresh bruises that he knew patterned over his stomach and arms. He didn't want to look.

His body still ached from the impacts. He recalled wrenching himself out of their grip with the last shreds of strength that he had, and fleeing the house with one known destination in his mind - the beach. He had staggered down through the light of dawn, down to the closed-off rocky cove that he found his solitude and almost-comfort in.

Taemin let out a shaky breath as he stood on the rocks, before half sitting, half collapsing onto the largest black rock that overlooked the small pool. He traced abstract patterns on the smooth black rock as he sat cross-legged, pushing the thoughts out of his mind as they tried to come in. His trembling fingers moved across the damp surface, the wetness cooling and soothing to touch. He finally stopped, and shifted closer to the edge of the rocks, letting his legs dangle down into the water. He watched as the silky surface of the deep blue seawater rippled in perfect circles outwards, growing smaller and smaller until they faded into nothingness.

For a while, Taemin sat there, his feet hanging in the water, in silence.

But he knew. He knew that something was off.

He looked up. "Who's there?" he said, his voice almost inaudible. "I know you're there."

He watched, still feeling that familiar sense of eyes watching him. He would know that feeling anywhere - of course he would know it. Years of being the outcast at school, years of having the other students - the normal students - throw stares at him as he walkes by. Disappointment. Fear. Disgust. "I know you're there," he repeated. His voice almost hurt to use - he didn't use it often, and when he did, it was usually from -

No. He shook his head, clearing his mind. Not now.

Then his eyes caught a tiny ripple on the surface of the water, and he flinched away automatically, puling his legs up out of the water, wincing slightly with the effort. He warily kept his eyes fixed on the spot until he heard a voice from underneath him.

"Um ... Hi?"

Taemin started, biting back a yelp as his raw nerves jumped. He heard the voice again.

"Oh .. sorry I didn't mean to scare you." The voice was low, soft, tinged with an innocent surprise.

He jumped again, then breathed out slowly, instinctively pulling down his sleeves to hide the marks and bruises on his limbs as he went and staring cautiously down the rocks.

Taemin stared.

Huh?

"Hey!" The boy waved enthusiastically, grinning. "I was watching you for a while but then I didn't know how to speak to you. And then you found me! So hi!" 

Taemin blinked, not sure what to say. "Uh ..."

"So ... what's your name?" The boy blinked at him innocently, his large dark eyes holding a sparkle to them that somehow made him want to relax. "You know ... normal introductions? For you people?"

Taemin sat frozen for a second, unsure, but the way the boy's eyes twinkled with a happiness and freedom he had never seen before, the warmth in his voice even though he was a stranger, he couldn't help it - it, quite simply, made him melt. 

"Taemin." He attempted a smile - something he hadn't done properly for who knew how long. "Lee Taemin."

The boy grinned, somehow using both hands to push his wet, thick dark hair out of his eyes without sinking. He flashed another smile. "Nice to meet you, Taemin~ it's Minho. Choi Minho."

"Minho ..." Taemin liked the way that the name felt so smooth on his tounge, almost familiar. He smiled as the other boy twisted around playfully in the water, not seeming to fear the dark, opaque blue water at all as he drifted around. 

"Nice to meet you too."

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Short I know, I'm really sorry ... is anyon even still here haha ... Please comment ... subscribes/upvotes are liked but you don't need to ... :)

I'll update when I have the time and ideas, I'm sorry ...

:) lonelygirl0624

EDITED: I responded to a few comments. Is this enough description? I'm sorry, I'm not reay that good and not sure >.<