One

Diamonds In The Sea

Taemin sighed, and slumped down on the edge of the rocks, letting his bare feet dangle in the cool sea water. He watched as the dark blue waves near the horizon reared and fell, swirling around each other with their white crests, almost like a herd of pale horses, galloping in the sea.

Again.

They did it again.

He let out a breath and buried ihs face in his palms. He tried to clear out his mind of those thoughts, but it wouldn't work. Nothing ever worked. Those thoughts and memories would haunt him forever.

Forever.

The word made him shudder.

He shook his head, distracted, and instead concentrated on the sea. Feeling the cool, silky sea rippling around his feet, the slight warmth of the blacks, smooth rock he was sitting on, and the warmth os the sun as it cast its rays of light on his milky white skin. Taemin sighed, burshing his long aurburn hair out of his eyes.

"Think I should go ..." he muttered to himself, then stood up. Then sat back down again, the fear of meeting his parents stifling every other concern. He swallowed, and tried to muster the courage to get back up and walk down the driveway, into his house, where his parents -

No. He couldn't do it - not yet.

Taemin buried his face in his hands. Why did he have to be so weak? he cursed himself, as he wiped away the tears that had already started to trickle down his face. Damn you.

He finally gave up and let the tears fall as he quietly sobbed his heart out on the rocks. It's not I like I could do anything. They won't let me cry ... I think it's best if I let it all out now, while I can. 

Little did he know that he was being watched by another being, who was staring at him sadly as he leant against the rock, his arms supporting his body as he hung there, with his lower body in the water. He wanted to go to him and comfort the boy whom he had just been watching since a few minutes ago ... but his own parents weren't easy to agree with either.

The boy battled out his feelings inside his head as he debated whether to go to him or not. He needs a friend, and so do I. We share things in common. 

Also there was the odd flutter inside his chest every time he set his eyes upon the boy, but he decided to let that slip. 

But then he would suspect me. He knows I hate being restricted.

Finally, he came to a descsion, as the boy with the long brown hair finally stood up. 

"Not now," he whispered. "But soon."

*Taemin POV*

I walked down the beach, my hands in my pockets, watching the glowing orange orb of light slowly sink over the horizon, throwing out beautiful rays of soft pink and orange in its own halo. I stared at the ground as I walked, feeling the grains of white sand underneath my bare feet. 

I really should get going.

I immeadiately protested at the thought I just had. What? I couldn't go. Not yet, I wasn't ready ... they would still be here ...

But it's not like I can stay away fro them forever, is it?

I'll just make it worse by prolonging it.

Taemin sighed, and tugged on the ends of his long sleeved jumper as he cast one last longing look back ot the serenity of the mass of black rocks in the cove. I'll be back, he thought, then turned and stumbled back down the path towards his house.

Yet again unknowing of them eyes that shone with concern that watched him still from the depths of the cove. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello this is a really short chapter I know, but I thought I'd give you a taste of what my writing is like before I actually go deeper into the story. Can you guess who the other boy is? :)

I will try to update for you guys, thakn you SO MUCH for the 9 people who subscribed already!!

And you who are reading this right now, please take 20 seconds or so to click on this poll and vote, it will affect how much I update ... please?

lonelygirl0624