Chapter Five

Wolf and the Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

V

 

 

 

 

The reality falls upon us sooner than expected, without giving us even the time to live the illusion.

I don't really understand what happens, I just know that Yifan order me to stay in the car and keep my eyes closed until he'll come back to get me.

I do as told, and for the first few minutes I manage to hardly keep calm and not to freak out. In my mind I'm facing terrible scenarios: the house destroyed, my belongings scattered everywhere and my security violated. Then I start to think about Yifan: what if they're after him? What if something is happening, while I'm sitting here? The image of ahjussi's dagger flashes before my eyes. I see him covered in blood and there's Yifan on the ground, lifless. And I'm alone again.

I get out of the car knowing that I might run into something unpleasant, but the istinct is much stronger than reason and continues to push me towards Yifan, like the first time.

On the snow there are traces of blood: the footprint is that of a paw, but at some point it turns into a foot. I can clearly distinghuish the two forms and it don't take me much realizing that whoever he is, he's like Yifan.

I go beyond the destroyed door, ignoring the large splinters of wood on the floor. I call Yifan weakly.

The rest happens very quickly: I hear a fierce growl, then a dark shape pounces on me and I find myself looking into the jaws of a big wolf. His powerful legs take me to the ground without any effort, and I am so scared I can not even breath. All I can think about is that it's still to early for everything to end. I have not yet experienced a normal like, I have not achieved anything. I have not given a name to what I feel for Yifan, I have not found out how it would be sleeping in his arms.

"Yifan!"

He arrives instantly, no longer he has his human form and his eyes are burning embers. He jumps on the other wolf and pushes him away from me, than he acts as my shield, with low growls that seem to come straight from hell.

The other wolf is on the defensive, but he doesn't seem willing to attack. His eyes are fixed on mine and it annoys Yifan even more. So I reach my hand to touch Yifan's back, digging my fingers through the thick and soft fur.

"I'm fine. Really. Don't fight, please. I don't think he's going to hurt us. I just surprised him. Yifan, please."

I caress him and slowly is growling subsides and the muscles relax. I continue to do so until even the other wolf understand that we're not a threat. Only then he moves away, giving us an indecipherable gaze; I breath slowly, trying to stop the trembling in my legs.

Yifan also moves away and returns back into his human form. He helps me to stand up and accompany a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I think I told you to wait in the car."

His tone is so sharp that I feel like crying. So I turn my back to him and run my hands on cheeks. When I am sure that my voice doesn't tremble, I reply.

"Well, sorry if I was freaking out." I start to run, ignoring his calling me back and close myself back in the van, locking the doors.

"EunAh!" Yifan is knocking against the window, but I turn away and ignore him.

"EunAh, open up."

His tone has softened, but I'm still not going to listen to him. I'm not a child and certainly I'm not forced to obey his orders: he's not my father, nor my boyfriend.

"Leave me alone."

I'm so tired of all this strange things happening, I'm tired to live with the fear that the worst is about to arrive and it will be devastating, and I will not know how to react. I feel involved in a game that has not yet begun: the cards have not being discovered and the opponent is unknown. The very thought is enough to make me crazy and if I add Yifan with his army general mania and orders given like I am a stupid, then, I really don't know what to do.

"You're acting like a fool." Told you so.

I shrug and Yifan sighs, and then walks a few ste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter