9 ¦ Angels

Guys Don't Like Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was jogging when I next saw Taehyung.

 

There was only a day left until he came back to school, however, Taehyung did not look ready at all.

 

Before leaving my house I put on my flexible sportswear that consisted of a white tank top, white shorts and my black and red trainers. Normally I would wear more but it was summer so it was dreadfully hot and white would make me cooler by reflecting the sun rays.

 

And people say physics isn’t important.

 

I went out running at 7:00am on a Sunday morning, hoping to avoid big crowds and also the worst of the sun rays. Even though I brought a bottle of water with me, my water finished quite quickly.

 

To cool myself down and also buy a new bottle of water, I decided to jog to the nearest convenience store. The fresh breeze from the electric fan brushed past me, leaving me in a state of ecstasy and flooding me with a sense of relief. I sighed loudly in content while stretching my arms, disregarding the fact that there may still be people in these ungodly hours. And there was indeed people. Well, actually, one person.

 

“Hey Taehyung,” I mumbled out in embarrassment, “how much did you see?”

 

He seemed surprised for a moment but then just smiled at me, “Not much.”

 

“Are you alright?” He looked exhausted. With his plain white and blue uniform that fit the store’s theme, I assumed he was working at the till.

 

“I’m fine, just tired that’s all.”

 

“You’re working here?” I asked him just to confirm my assumption.

 

“My parents were disappointed in me for getting suspended so they forced me to get a job. This is the only job that let me in so I have to work here, no matter how terrible the pay is.” He yawned for awhile.

 

“You look tired.” I went up closer to him, remembering Jiyeon’s words.

 

She sighed, “He shouldn’t even get angry at you for worrying about Taehyung. You have a right to be friends with whomever, okay?”

 

Yeah, it shouldn’t hurt to treat him as a friend because we were friends right? His once healthy glowing skin looked extremely pale and dry. His eyelids were half open and his eyebrows were raised as if he was struggling to stay awake.

 

“I’m fine.” He insisted.

 

“When does your shift end?”

 

“In half an hour. It’s nearly done. I’ll just nap while there’s no one here.”

 

Despite his reassurance that he was fine, I knew he wanted and needed to sleep. I got the water that I had been meaning to buy and he quickly swiped it before asking for the payment. After I paid, I just stayed leaning on the counter.

 

“What are you doing?” He asked but I had a feeling he would fall asleep right there and not listen to me anyway so I just smiled at him and let him doze off.

 

Honestly, I was just making sure he wouldn’t get sacked.

 

I was watching the customers who came in and completing his job myself to let him sleep peacefully. That’s what a friend would do, right?

 

Sure enough, after half an hour, a young man appeared. He seemed to be the next person after Taehyung’s shift and he was probably in his early 20s. His blue, swept back hair looked luxuriant, reminding me of the celebrities I would see in Inkigayo on Sundays.

 

“I’m guessing Taehyung fell asleep again?” He looked concerned.

 

“Yeah, but I made sure all the customers were taken care of.”

 

“That’s good. Are you a friend of his?” He asked.

 

I think so, “Yes, I go to the same school.”

 

Who knows what Taehyung thought of me because of what Chihoon did to him.

 

He laughed lightly, “You should persuade him to take better care of himself. He’s been taking two shifts in a row for 2 wee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter