Memories in my eyes

Life is full of colors

Double update starting from this chapter :)

 

 

 

"I can't do it hyung, I don't think I will perform well"


Junior sighs as it's been the nth time Youngjae said that sentence. The young boy is walking frantically, playing with his fingers nervously. They are in the parking lot of Seoul Arts Centre right now. Tonight, students from the Music School are performing in front of the public. Youngjae is one of them, he' s playing on the piano. The six brothers came to support the third youngest of the family as always (with their handmade t-shirts with Youngjae's face on it because Bambam always force them to put his piece of art on them. Yes, those shirts were created by the Thai boy in person). Youngjae gets anxious everytime one student gets done with his/her performance. It means that it will be sooner or later his turn to go on stage.

He texted Junior 20 minutes ago to meet outside. That's how the older  brother happened to come as quickly as possible outside in order to destroy any worries running inside his dongsaeng's mind. It wasn't a secret for anyone who knows Youngjae that the teenage boy is a perfectionist and he tends to underestimate himself when in fact, he was so talented. It's the night, so it's dark outside minus the streetlights and the lights in the parking lot. Since the begining of the conversation, Junior makes sure his sunglasses stay glued to his eyes. Why? Because their little sunshine a.k.a Choi Youngjae is glowing and his yellow aura is not something your eyes particularly would like to greet early in the morning when you just wake up or late at night. It was enough to make you go blind sometimes, every brother could agree on it (Junior did hit his head once in his bedframe). In contrast, Junior's blue aura was inviting for the eyes. It plays a role in calming down someone like Mark and his purple glow. However, when Junior was in one of his 'moody days' to be more polite, it was useless.

"Youngjae yah, this is not the first time you're performing in front of a crowd" he crosses his arms, glancing towards the younger. 

"I know but still" Youngjae sighs, unfazed by the glare he received because he was looking elsewhere than his hyung's eyes. He continues to play with his fingers.

"What?" Junior asks

"What if I commit one mistake? What if I play the wrong note? What if I forget a note? That would be the end, the end of-" 

"Youngjae, if something bad happen it's not going to be the end of the world. You're still going to be alive on the next day" Junior interrupts the boy's babbling, knowing he would just throw any negative things that only belittle him.

"You never know"  . That's something Junior didn't want to hear, in his mind this sounded ridiculous. He slowly inhales air before he resumes his argument.

"Seriously? Anyway. We will always be proud of you no matter what happens, like mistakes happen. And don't tell me you're forgeting about all those talent competitions you participated in the past and that you won prizes" 

"That's the thing, it was a long time ago"  It's during those moments that Junior is grateful to be someone who is very patient. For some, they would just brush off the matter and just go on another thing but Junior didn't want to abandon. He wants to still be there to always remind Youngjae how great he is. It might take a while before the teenager starts to believe more in himself, be more confident but junior and the other hyungs doesn't mind. As long as they are always there for him, nothing bad can happen.

"Long time ago but you're still as talented as in the past, or even better. You played not too long ago in one of our relatives' wedding. There were a lot of guests, so you can consider it as a big public" 

"I guess" . Junior supresses a smile as he shakes his head and walks towards him. "I'm sure you will perform well tonight" 

"What makes you think that way?" Youngjae deliberately uncertain about tonight.

"Because I heard from one teacher how talented you are, playing really well on the piano. She said that you were working on composing right now. It's still the begining but that's awesome" Junior smiles triumphantly as he was able to make a little smile appears on that sweet face. He places his hands on the boy's shoulders. 

"Hey, look at me" Youngjae reluctantly looks at his hyung. 

"It's not like I'm personnally looking at you since you're wearing these sunglasses"

"Youngjae..."

"Fine, nevermind what I said" Junior chuckled before smiling towards him. 

"Now, tell me about the last time you did make on mistake on stage?" he asks.

Youngjae immediately opens his mouth to respond. "That one time doesn't count because you were deeply sick and the piano had some problems. And I'm still wondering today why in the earth did you came up on stage" Junior retorted, quick to remind him of that incident. Youngjae groans as he decides to stay quiet. "See, not even once. Listen, Mark hyung believes in you, Jaebum hyung believes in you, Jackson hyung believe in you, your Jinyoung hyung believes in you, Bambam ah believes in you, Yugyeom ah believes in you, Umma and Appa believe in you from above. The whole family believes in you, okay?"

 

"Youngjae, your performance starts in 5 minutes. Come on, you need to return backstage" A student came outside to remind him about it. The teenager looks at Junior weirdly. 

"What? What are you looking at?" Junior replies before walking towards the door.

"Why is your brother wearing sunglasses when it's dark outside?'' the student whispers in Youngjae's ear. ''Eye infection'' Youngjae simply replies, easy to lie.

Junior looks back at Youngjae, waiting expectantly for him at the front door. Youngjae looks back at him with fear. Junior lets a little smile settle on his face. "Don't worry, everything will be alright... As always" he says as the boy walks towards him. Junior soflty pushes the teenage boy back inside and they take different paths.

 

"How is he?" Jaebum asks, looking at Junior who's sitting down next to him. "You know, nervous as always but he's going to be fine. Just needed some last minute support".

"This kid is so hard on himself" Mark sighs, he's sitting on the other side of Jaebum.

After the violin's performance of a girl, it's finally Youngjae's turn. "Let's give a big applause again for Kim Jihye and her wonderful performance. Okay, the next performer is a very talented young boy who's going to play a beautiful melody for us on the piano. Interpreted by Choi Youngjae, Memories in my eyes by Yiruma" The public starts clapping their hands, the six brothers the loudest as they see Youngjae walking towards the piano. The boy sits in front of the big instrument and places his fingers, getting ready to play. He takes a big breath as he turns his head, taking a glance at the crowd. He was searching for someone who looks familiar to him. Feeling his nervosity, Junior didn't waste time in order to reassure the boy. He stands up from his seat and begins doing big movements with his arms to grab Youngjae's attention.

Youngjae quickly spots him, thanks to also his blue aura.

"Everything will be fine, don't worry" Junior mouthed towards him before smiling. Youngjae nods while smiling, turning his head towards the piano. He takes again a big breath and finally plays the first notes of the song. Junior sits back  to appreciate the performance. As they are all listening to the beautiful melody Youngjae is playing , they each get lost in their thoughts.

The music brings up so many feels to them. The one that dominates amongst all is nostalgia. It brings them to think of so multiple things that happened in the past, all the memories they created with their parents before they both died in that car accident. Junior still remembers the time his mother used to sing one particular song everytime she washes the dishes or the time when his Dad got reprimanded by their mom because he gave him his favorite candies in secret while he was sick. He remembers funny events such as pulling pranks on their dad while he was sleeping in front of the TV , happy events like anniversaries and family parties, and also sad events like the time his mom went to the hospital after she faints at work. Memories were playing back freshly in his mind.... as well as the day of the tragedy.

 

He was still in high school back in the days. During that one math class, his teacher sent him to the principal's office because the old man wanted to see him. He was deeply thinking, trying to have any clues of what could bring to his office. He never did anything bad, unlike Jaebum hyung who was rebel sometimes. He went there and was surprised to see his uncle in the office too.

"Jinyoung samchon, why are you here?" Junior asked confused (author note: Jinyoung samchon is JYP). He then looked at his eyes and saw that they were red and puffy, the man definitely cried before coming here.

The  principal was looking at Junior with worry and concern clearly written on his face. "Hospital, family emergency" the uncle simply said, his voice  shaking a little bit.

Junior became worried. They quickly left the school and after getting to each school to pick them up, the uncle drove the six siblings quickly to Seoul's hospital. Arrived in the building, they took the elevator to go to a specific level. When they get into a room, Junior's heart skipped a beat as he witnessed something he never wanted to. They were all standing close to two beds: their parents were lying down on them.

"No, it's impossible"

Junior was shaking his head, thinking how this could not be real. However, the pale faces and the monitors showing no life signs told him that it was the harsh reality. Jackson was shouting and crying so loud, trying to get off from JB's embrace. JB was also crying while holding in the best way his brother. The three youngest brothers were a mess too. Mark was looking at the corpses blankly, he was crying too.

"Umma, Appa!!!" Junior touched their faces, before shaking their bodies. JYP uncle holds him tightly in his arms. The couple was on their way to a restaurant to have lunch when a truck hits their car, the driver was at fault as he did not respect the traffic lights. It's on the place of the incident that the paramedics quickly declare that nothing could be done in order to save their lives, they died on the shock.

 

The grief over his parents' death was not done yet. The pain is still there but not as much as in the past.

Junior startles as he feels someone is holding his hand.

It brings him back into the reality, which at the same time drags him aways from his deep and dark thoughts. He turns his head to his left, meeting with Bambam's face. Junior notices the young boy's eyes were teary, he was about to ask him if he's okay  when Bambam  suddenly brings his other hand towards his face.

Junior stays still as he feels Bambam's fingers under his eyes, he wipes something wet on his face. That's when Junior comes to realize he was crying meanwhile remembering about their parents. His blue aura was glowing intensively. After that, Bambam smiles sadly before resting his head on Junior's shoulder.

The older looks at his surroundings and notices how they are not the only ones going through all of these feelings. He can see it in his other siblings' faces and also strangers' faces too. He puts his head over Bambam's one and resumes watching Youngjae's performance. A mix of emotions is also present on the boy's face while he's playing. Junior was thankful Youngjae chose to play that music.

The parents' death was kind of a topic that relatives didn't like bringing up in front of them too much. However, it's good to talk about it, to express in a way the things you feel. Memories, to let go of the past in order to advance further in life. But at the same time, it doesn't mean they need to forget everything. They need to cherish these precious memories, they are there to make them remember these two people. As the song comes to an end, everyone in the theater stands up and starts cheering loudly for the pianist. Youngjae bows to the audience few times before his eyes met with his brothers' ones. No words needed, they all know what they are thinking about right now. Youngjae smiles softly to them and they each return that smile towards him.

 

That night, they all sleep together in the living room close to each other. 

 

 

 


Author's notes:

Hi, I should upload the next chapter soon (in an hour or less, depends on that computer and his wi-fi problems XD) :) It really makes me happy to know that you appreciate the story despite only having one chapter. That's why I didn't expect to get already 10 subscribers and already some comments on that fanfic, thank you :D I hope that you will still continue to love the upcoming updates too <3 Sorry about not uploading sooner than what I said, that's why I'm doing a double update (and at the same time, I also plan to do either single or double update this weekend).