Conflicted

Wheebyul Couple?

Wheein was confused that her partner in We Got Married will be Moonbyul. She can see that Moonbyul has her brows furrowed too.

The PDs clarified that having her and Moonbyul on the show will boost their popularity and help their ratings.

"Your moos will love your participation on the show. Just be yourself, we won't give you any script. Only the outlines of the episodes. But it won't hurt that you be extra sweet." 

Their managers took them aside and said “Our CEO had a meeting with the producers and they all agreed that both of you will be a great addition to the show.”


"Okay let's do it then." Wheein replied coolly. This will help their group and even help them to get CF deals.

She is still upset with Moonbyul about what happened but she has to remain professional.

"Yeah let's start." Moonbyul said settling in her seat.

Her fingertips brushing Wheein's hand slightly. And there it is again, the static that she experiences when Moonbyul touches her.

"That's the spirit. Okay 5, 4, 3, 2 rolling!"

The cinema lights dimmed. A number of cameras trained on them, shooting at every angle.

She can feel Moonbyul watching her, asking if she's still upset with her eyes. 

Wheein ignored the older girl's gaze. She wanted to avoid the topic for now.

Before the movie began, Moonbyul took off her coat and placed it on Wheein’s legs like she does every time Wheein is wearing a skirt. Tucking it securely in her thighs.

“Thank you Unnie.” Wheein said shyly.

“You should have brought a blanket with you when you’re wearing a skirt Wheein-ah” Moonbyul chided gently.

“Arraseo Unnie.” She said bashfully.

The date began. Opening credits started and Shutter played.

Clapping a hand on , Moonbyul exclaimed “Please not this movie!”

Wheein is fine with scary movies, in fact she enjoys them but Moonbyul can't watch it without getting freaked out.

Moonbyul detest horror movies.

When the first scene started she felt Moonbyul's body went rigid. She peeks at her Unnie and saw Moonbyul's face drained of all color. Hands gripping the arm chair. 

She hates seeing Moonbyul so terrified.

Wheein put aside her pride and placed her hand on top of Moonbyul’s whispering "Unnie let's put this arm chair up so we can sit closer okay?"

Moonbyul put the arm chair up so fast. It was almost comical. Wheein can't help but chuckle.

"Unnie you might break the chair."

Moonbyul slid her arm to the younger girl's middle and hid in her long black hair.

Effectively closing the distance between them.

Wheein regretted it straightaway.

Wheein felt that familiar warming in her chest. She can't totally comprehend the feeling she gets when Moonbyul is near. It's like the welcome heat when you've been cold for too long. That’s the closest description she can piece in her head.

To call it a crush would be putting it extremely lightly. She's been falling. Hard.

 

She can’t remember when she started feeling this way. She just landed smack in the middle of liking Moonbyul.


Moonbyul takes care of her in a way no one ever had. She would lightly guide her to the inner sidewalk when they're walking in the streets. Hold her hand till they get in their van when they're surrounded with fans. Spoon feed her when she's busy with her phone. Wake her up sweetly if she oversleeps by poking her cheeks. She makes her feel special.

Moonbyul is still hiding in her neck. Whining at the sounds the movie’s making.

It was exceedingly distracting.

"Unnie you're missing the whole thing." Pointing at the screen and teasing the older girl.

"Yah! You know I hate horror movies."

"Okay I'll watch it myself since you can't enjoy it with me." Sticking her bottom lip out.

"Arraseo, I'll try" sitting upright but still holding on to Wheein's arm.

She turned to look at Moonbyul. Her eyes rest on the older girl. She realizes that she's staring. But there is no stopping it. She's enthralled by this girl.

Wheein can smell Byul's perfume. The perfume she gave her on her birthday. Can see the tiny scar on her chin and feel the soft but firm hold of Byul's hand on her arm.

She did not even notice that the movie has ended.

"CUT! Great job girls. Next filming is in 2 weeks."

The lights in the cinema turning on.

She was suddenly aware of the cameras and the number of people monitoring their date.

She broke her stare and stood up. Lightly brushing Moonbyul's hand, indicating that she let go of her arm.

Moonbyul stood her arms folding. A grim line set on her lips.

After thanking the PDs and crew, Wheein went to the van that brought her there. Waving goodbye to Moon but not making eye contact. 

"Yah Wheein-ah, wait for Moonbyul. You'll be riding home together. The other van's going to pick up Yongsun and Hyejin." Their Manager shouted after her.

 

Moonbyul caught up to her and intertwined their fingers together. “Let’s go home puppy.” The contact making her jump a little.

She wondered why Moonbyul’s acting like everything’s fine. But the crew of WGM is still there so she acted casual about the situation.

Wheein sat at the back of the car, assuming that Moonbyul will sit at the driver’s side. To her surprise Moonbyul followed her and sat beside her. They rode in silence but she can see Moonbyul nibbling at her bottom lip, like she needs to say something.

Because of exhaustion she fell asleep on the older girl’s shoulder. She hazily felt Moonbyul her head as she sink deeper into dreaming.


They reached the apartment and Wheein was about to enter her room when Moonbyul grabbed her wrist, pulling her towards her. They were so close. She can feel their breaths mingling.

"Wheein-ah please don't be angry with me. I can't... I don't... just please?" Moonbyul said with a quivering voice.

She could see the older girl's eyes glistened with tears.

Wheein's loosely aware of Moonbyul's grasp on her hand. It's there like Moonbyul might break down completely if she let go of her hold of the younger girl.

She couldn’t take it anymore and blurted.

"What Unnie?! I thought you don’t want any of this. That’s what you meant right? When you rejected me, when you said we can’t. Why are you making it this hard?” She screamed at Moonbyul.

“Because..” Moonbyul trailed off, eyes downcast.

“Do you like me Unnie? Because I like you. Actually like is such a trivial word for what I’m feeling.”

"Wheein-ah.. Isn't it obvious that I like you too? I've had these feelings for so long. It's so hard to hold back when you're sweet to me. When you look for me in a crowd. And when you find me you run to me like a lost kid. When you hug me, do you even wonder why I hold on longer? Why I tease you?"

Tears escaping Moonbyul's eyes.

Wheein took in the sight of Moonbyul. She looks like a little girl, tears spilling on her cheeks. Red rimmed eyes. Her whole face scrunched.

She reaches up, hand touching the skin just below Moonbyul’s ear. Her thumb brushing the tears away.

“Unnie can’t we be together? Is it such an absurd idea that you turned me away last night?” hurt lacing her voice.

Moonbyul clasped Wheein’s hand that’s resting on her neck, tilted her head and give a swift kiss on the younger girl’s palm.

“It can ruin our careers that we worked so hard for. Please understand. We might end up hating each other Wheein-ah. You can get tired of me because I’m clingy. I’m awfully jealous.  I will want you next to me every day, every minute, every damn second. We will eventually get weary of each other. I fear that we will lose this friendship.”

“What are you talking about?! Why would I get tired of you? You’re all that I think about, it’s ridiculous. I can never hate you. Never. We can make this work together. I don’t understand why you’re fighting this. Can we please try?”

“What about our fans Wheein-ah?” She muttered.

“Unnie have you met our fans?! They would even want to be invited to all our dates. Do you visit our fan café? They call us WheeByul whenever we’re remotely sweet to each other.” She said.

Wheein can see Moonbyul’s lips upturn a centimeter and she knows she’s getting through the stubborn girl.

Moonbyul wiped her face and looked at her, drinking in the sight of Wheein.

“Are you sure about this Wheein-ah?” Moonbyul finally said.

“Only if you want to.” Wheein answered, trying not to sound too eager.

“I think I’ve never wanted anything so strongly in my life.” Spreading her arms wide.

Wheein does not hesitate to go in to them.