Final.

Nightmare's Downpour (Sequel of Pluviophile)

 

Two Months Later

 

Jungkook’s POV

“Are you happy now after ruining someone’s life?” The man who sat in front of me slightly chuckled in a sarcasm tone.

“Who’s ruining who?” I tilted my head to the side, pretending to not understand about his words. “As far as I know, you’re the one who’s ruining Hyojin’s life.” I looked at him with a glare.

“Wow I think you got the wrong thought Man! Hyojin is the one who came to me on that night, she’s looking so desperate and she came to me to ask if we could have a little fun so I just gave her it. You’re at the fault too for ditching her to London.” He smirked.

I felt my fist was clenched tightly. I cleared my throat and I tried to calm myself. Relax Jungkook. If you punched him right now, you’re the same as him. “Do you mean, you’re looking so desperate to take her back? What a coward of yours, taking the advantage of her when her boyfriend was overseas.” I smirked back.

Jongin hit the table loudly with both of his hands and he snarled at me. “Do you think you’re not a coward too? Purposely having an interview with her so you can make her yours? You’re the same as me Jeon Jungkook.”

“At least I’m not cheating on her and shamelessly want her back when she’s already being happy with someone else who’s better in every aspect.” I retorted back. “Following her around like a creepy stalker and almost kidnapped her once again, you’re the most disgusting human being Jongin.” I recalled the event a week ago when Hyojin was already back to work and she told me that she kinds of feeling someone was following her often when she walked home from the office. Later on I found out that the stalker was this Kim Jongin again. He almost kidnapped her but I was glad I was in time to rescue her.

I saw he gritted his teeth as he looked at me with a piercing look. This time he stood up from the seat and he walked toward me. I just sat calmly on my seat and he suddenly grabbed my collar so I stood an inch away from him. “You son of a !” He growled in front of my face. “If you didn’t appear in her life, I and Hyojin already living in peace together but you just ruined everything you bastard!” He tried to punch me but there's no avail because his both hands were being handcuffed. He grabbed my collar once again and he said. “You’re going to regret it later for throwing me into this place, I warn you to watch out!”

I released his hands harshly from my collar as I dusted it with my hand. “It’s my favorite shirt but you just touched it with your filthy hands. I’m surely going to throw this shirt away.” I kept my poker face and I continued to stare at him. “Just do with whatever things that you’ve planned, I’m waiting for them.” I challenged him. “I still hope this place will change you into a better man anyways.” I let the last words as I turned my body. I walked away to leave the room but I stopped on my track when I heard he chuckled loudly.

“Yeah but you know what? I’m so proud because I tasted her first before you. She’s indeed good in —“ I cut him off by punching him and he fall to the ground. He was still chuckling in a mocking way. “Hey do you really want to marry her? Are you sure? She’s my used toy, dude.”

I couldn’t hold myself anymore as I kicked his stomach hard. I stepped on his hand and I bent my body to face him. “Don’t.You.Ever.Say.Something.Like.That.To.Her.” I hissed at him. I saw he was smirking under me, satisfied with my action. I felt two prison wardens grabbed my body and they dragged me away from Jongin.

“As expected as her knight in a shining armor. Wait me until I will be released from this place.” He showed his evil smirk and he continued. “We will share her for good okay?” He laughed loudly as he wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth

I released myself from the wardens and I faced him one more time. “You know what? You’re a pathetic psychopath, you’re lucky that I didn’t send you to the hell by killing you. But I can do it right now if you want.” I hissed at him. I stood up and I looked at him with warn eyes. “Hopefully you would enjoy your life in this jail forever.”

 

 

 

“Jungkook, are you home?” A lovely voice has welcomed me when I took a step inside the house. I followed the voice and I stood in the kitchen to see Hyojin was busy cooking something. I smiled at the sight of her wearing a bright pink apron and her hair was being tied in a messy bun. I wanted to bring my arms to hug her from behind but I held it. I knew she was still sensitive with the skinship.

“Yeah, I’m home Hyojin.” I said. She turned her body to face me and she smiled brightly when she saw me.

“Where have you been? I kind of feeling worried when I didn’t find you in your bedroom this morning.” Her face turned into a worried one.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before, I just went somewhere. I’m sorry I left you alone here.” I apologized, I just realized my stupidity. I knew she didn’t want to be alone but I just left her alone this morning.

“It’s okay Jungkook.” She smiled at me. “By the way why are you still standing there?” She asked me and I was confused with her question. She walked toward me then she grabbed my hand softly, dragging me to sit on one of the chairs in the dining room. I was taken aback with her sudden gesture. This is the first time she took my hand. Well the second skinship, the first was the backhug that she was giving me on the rainy day back then. “The foods will be ready in a few minutes. Please wait for it okay? I cooked your favorite meals.” She gave me her magnificent smile once again as she walked back into the stove.

I observed her movements when she was preparing the foods and the table. I caressed my own hand softly, the spot that she had touched a while ago, her touch was still lingering there, I could feel it. At this point, she will recover fast in no time. I couldn’t wait when the time Hyojin would finally get used with the skinship again, I nearly died to hold myself not to take her hands in mine, caressing her face, hugging her body, and kissing her lips when we’re living under the same roof like this. I admitted that it’s driving me nuts but I should bear with it for the sake of her. Hyojin finally moved in into my house two weeks ago but we didn’t share the same room. I knew she still felt uneasy to get near with males and I respected her decision. I promised that I would protect her and bring her into her usual self. When she was grabbing my hand, I felt the electricity through my body. My hopes was getting high because of her simple touch, I believed that Hyojin would recover sooner.

“What are you thinking of?” She asked me with a slight chuckle as she put the last dish on the table. She took a seat in front of me then she looked at me with an unreadable face. “I just realized that you became thinner for the past month, Kookie. Were you eating well there in London and when you’re living alone here?” Her eyes showed a glint of worry. But wait, did she just call me ‘Kookie’? Oh God, how I miss that nickname.

I unconsciously grinned widely because she just called me with that nickname. “I ate well Hyojin.” Yeah I lied, I didn’t even have a proper meal when she wasn’t by my side. “It seems that the works are increasing by each day so that’s why.” I smiled warmly. I cleared my throat and I was debating at myself whether I should ask her this stupid question or not but I let it anyway. “Hyojin, could you please call me with that nickname again?”

I saw she looked like thinking about something for a while than her eyes were beaming in happiness. “Oh Kookie?” She laughed and I smiled in satisfaction.

“Thank you, I think I will gain some weights later if you continue calling me with that name from now on.” The grin was never leaving my face because of the excitement inside my body.

“How can the nickname affect your weight gain? You’re so random, Kookie.” She shook her head with a smile. “By the way, I haven’t said a proper thank you.” She looked down on the table for a few seconds and she looked up at me with almost teary eyes. “Thank you Jungkook, for everything. You helped me to go through with my problems. You never give up when I pushed you away, I’m so sorry for that though. I….I can’t imagine if you….” This time I saw a tear sliding down on her cheek. “I can’t imagine if you’re leaving me with my current condition, but you’re still right beside me until now. I feel so grateful to have you.” She wiped away her tears but there’s another tear that fell.

I chose to stand up from my seat to walk toward her. I sat on the chair beside her so I faced her this time. “Hyojin, can you look at me?” I softly asked her. She turned her body slowly to face me and another tear has falling. “Can I wipe away those tears?” I bravely asked her. It’s okay if she didn’t allow me to do so but I was a bit surprised when she nodded her head. With no time I cupped her face with my both hands then I began to wipe away the tears with my thumbs.

“And those words at the hospital….I didn’t mean to say it to you…” This time she was sobbing hard and this sight was indeed breaking my heart. “I….I don’t want you to find another woman. I…I can’t let that happen.”

“Hey…I will never do that for the rest of my life even though if you asked me to.” I caressed her cheeks to make her calm.

“So….are we still….I mean, it means that we are still together?” She hesitantly asked me in a low tone.

“Hyojin, can I hug you?” Jeon Jungkook damn it why are you so impatient?!

“But Jungkook you haven’t answered my---“

“Can I hug you? It’s okay if you don’t---“ I nearly jumped from my seat when I felt Hyojin’s arms securely wrapping around my body. I could feel her body tensed. I brought my own hands on her back to sooth her until her body felt relax. We both stayed at that position for a while, hugging each other and seemed like we didn’t want to let go from each other’s arms. I finally let myself to speak until I found out that Hyojin was no longer crying. “Who said that we broke up?” I released the hug and slipped her hairs behind her ear. “We’re still together till forever, don’t you think so?” I smiled at her.

“But Jungkook when I say I’m dirty, can you accept me for who I am?”

“Hyojin I don’t want you to say those words again, please? Just erase the past and we can start the present in peace shall we?”

She nodded her head as she whispered a soft ‘thank you’. “I’m so lucky to have you, Jungkook. Thank you so much.” She brought herself to hug me once again and I was more than happy at this moment. After all of those hardships, finally I could take her in my arms again.

“I’m the luckiest one here.” I chuckled slightly as I rested my chin on her head. “I love you so much Choi Hyojin, I promise I’ll never leave you again.”

 

 


 

 

Hyojin’s POV

It’s been a month since I moved back together with Jungkook in his house. I kind of feeling anxious at first if he didn’t want to accept me as who I was but Nara told me that everything was fine. She already told Jungkook about everything, from the part which was Jongin tried to lure me into his place and until the end part what was the main reason that I had to push Jungkook away. I also heard that Jongin already locked up in the jail. I was glad that everything was going fine for me and for the people around me.

The rains haven’t stopped falling since this afternoon. Jungkook just got home after settled things some business and he was taking a bath now. He told me to wait inside my bedroom and I just followed his wish as I continued to read my favorite book which I haven’t finished reading yet. I’ve been reading the book for almost half hour and the lights suddenly went down, I sighed slightly and I immediately took my phone for the source of the light. Thunder was still roaring outside and the rains seemed pouring down harder this time so it’s probably the reason why the lights went off.

I stood up from the bed as I brought the phone in my hand. “Jungkook? Where are you? The lights went out, it’s probably because of the storm.” I half shouted as I walked outside my bedroom toward his bedroom then I knocked his door. “Jungkook? Have you done taking a bath?” But there’s no response from the inside.

I chose to go back to my own room but when I turned my body I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Jungkook was grinning widely in front of me while holding a flashlight. “Yah! What are you doing? You scared me!” I clutched my chest because of the shock.

“I’m sorry?” He just kept grinning widely and I didn’t know what was the reason behind it. He seemed in the good mood for today. “Ah since the lights went off and we can’t do anything about it what if we played a game?” He took my hand in his then he led me into the TV room downstairs.

“What kind of game that yo---“ I gasped loudly when I saw the floor of living room was being covered with many candles, I guessed that they’re more than a hundred candles on the floor. “Jungkook….what is this?” My eyes were wandering around the TV room which was already been transformed into a beautiful romantic room. The lights of the candles made a dimmed atmosphere and I really liked it. “Did you make all of it?” I turned my head toward the suspect and once again I just saw he was grinning at me.

“Save your question later, let’s play truth or dare for now!” He cheered as he dragged me toward the empty space in the middle of the room, the candles were circling around us.

“Yah Kookie, what’s gotten into you? You’re turning into a weird side and I’m sc---“

“Sssshhhh….” He cut me off by placing his forefinger on my lips. “You’ll have more opportunity to ask me about a lot of things when we start the game. Are you in?” He blinked his eyes repeatedly, pleading me with his puppy eyes. I just sighed while nodding my head. “Great!” He shouted in happiness as he took the empty bottle. He put it in the centre of us then the bottle began to spin, it soon pointed at me. “Truth or dare babe?”

“Truth.” I looked at him then I finally let a question that was bugging me until now. “What’s the occasion so you're suddenly turning into a romance freak like this?”

“Because the lights went off so I should do something. Then I decided to light the candles on to light the room, it looks brighter now right?” He chuckled at me.

“Jungkook that’s not the answer!”

“That’s my answer babe.” He winked at me. “It’s your turn to spin the bottle.” I just glared at him and he laughed loudly. I spun the bottle but it pointed at the random direction so I needed to spin it again, it soon pointed at him. “Great! I chose truth.” He smiled at me and this time I just felt the thing wasn’t right. I knew he was hiding something and I smelled something fishy here. “Hmmm babe so could you please tell me your ring size?” Wait what?

Why is he asking me about me about my ring size? Don’t tell me he’s about to buy it for me? But I thought he’s going to propose now?! Choi Hyojin…..you’re so overconfident…..he hasn’t even bought the ring but you already so sure that he’s going to propose to you right now by looking at these stupid candles which were scattered on the floor? Jungkook snapped his fingers in front of my face then he was replaying the question one more time. “What’s your ring size babe?” I can’t believe that he did ask me about my ring size in oh-so obvious way?! Didn’t he know about how to propose in a surprising way?! Ugh I’m so pissed right now.

“It’s size 5.” I said at him in a matter of fact tone. I couldn’t control my facial expression, I might look like I was ready to eat people.

“Noted! But hey are you okay? You look so mad babe, did I do something wrong?” Jungkook looked at me with a concern look but I just rolled my eyes at him. How dare you to ask me you did something wrong or not because you just did a big mistake ugh whatever.

Instead of saying the wrath words in my mind I just simply said “I’m not.” as I folded my arms on my chest.

“Okay so it’s my turn to spin the bottle!” He clapped his hands in delight but I just kept my face flatted. This time the bottle was pointing toward him once again. I didn’t care with this stupid game anymore, I was going to end it after his turn. “Okay I choose truth again this time! Ah Hyojin, by the way forget about the ring size that I just asked you before.” He took something from his shorts’ pocket then he showed me a blue box in his hand. “Before I ask you the question, what about try this one instead?” He opened the box then there’s a shinning diamond ring sat there. He rapidly changed his position from sitting to kneeling on the floor with the box in his hand and he took my left hand in his other hand. Is he going to propose…..but…I thou---

“I still owe you one question.” He chuckled then he continued. “Promise me you’ll answer it with the truth okay?” I just nodded my head because I was too speechless to say something, I couldn’t let a word to slip from my mouth. “I love you Choi Hyojin and I will always be. I don’t know how many hardships that we’ve been through together but we could pass all of those and in the end we always end up beside each other again, it’s our destiny that we will always be here by each other's side. I can’t imagine my life without you so I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” He smiled at me then he took a deep breath. He looked deeply into my eyes then he asked. “Choi Hyojin, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

My eyes widened and my mouth gaped. I closed my mouth with my hand and the tears were starting to brim in my eyes. I couldn’t help so I let myself to cry. “Babe…please don’t cry…..” Jungkook wiped away my tears softly. I chuckled slightly then I cupped his face then I leaned my face closer to his, capturing his lips on mine. The first kiss that we shared after the long time. I felt Jungkook froze on his spot, I knew he didn’t imagine that it was coming. He probably in shock because I was the one who initially kiss him first after the long time, I felt ease that I could overcome this skinship syndrome. He then responded immediately, surprising myself. His mouth was so warm, the caress of his lips softer than I could have imagined. After a few seconds of the enchanting kiss, we pulled away from each other. “So I took it as a yes?” Jungkook smiled at me as he leaned his forehead against mine.

“Yes.” I finally managed to say and he took out the ring and placed it on my finger.

“It’s my mother’s ring. It’s been in the family for three generations. It looks good on you.”

“Kookie…” I said softly, didn’t know how to say anymore. “Thank you, I’m surely the happiest woman on earth.”

“Yeah I know you’re the happiest woman on earth but I don’t know you will be this eager to kiss me first.” He teased me and I smacked his arm. “But well thank you, I’ve been wanting for our kiss for the long time since we had one. You don't know how hard it was when I should hold myself to not kiss you all this time?”

“Then you don’t have to hold yourself from now on.” I chuckled at him then he leaned his face to capture my lips for another enchanting kiss while the rains were still pouring down outside.

 

Well, who needs the comfort of rain when I already have the one who always comforts me all the times? Yes, from now on Jeon Jungkook is my kind of rain.

 

 

 

-THE END-

 


 

hello guys! finally this story ends with a happy ending hehe let's cheer for the JungJin couple bcs they will soon get married hahaha I tried so hard to write the best happy ending for this one so tell me how is it? btw thank you for all of the subscribers and the comments that you guys gave to me, I really appreciate it:) 

see you on my other stories xoxo <3