003

Nightmare's Downpour (Sequel of Pluviophile)

 

 

Jungkook’s POV

Two weeks have passed since the last time I visited Hyojin in the hospital. The last statement that she said to me was enough to break my heart. She didn’t want to see me again. When she told me about that then she went into the bathroom, with a heavy heart I chose to leave her alone because I didn’t want to cause any trouble and I believed that she needed some times alone. I couldn’t erase the sight of her wet teary eyes when she said that I deserved someone who’s way better than her. How could I do that when I already had someone who’s the best? Hyojin was the only one that I needed and I really missed her now.

I decided to contact Nara, asking her if Hyojin was okay. It’s the only thing that I could do since I couldn’t visit her anymore. “Hi Nara, are you in the office?” I talked to her when she already picked up my call.

“Yeah, but I think I’m going home early for today. You know Hyojin already left the hospital and she’s at my house right?” Nara said from the other line.

I hummed at her in response. “She better at your house for the meantime but I kind of don’t like it when she’s all alone by herself. By the way how is she?”

“You don’t have to worry Jungkook, I have some maids and guards at my house and she’s fine but she’s still being like that, looking sad and gloomy.” She said.

“I miss her Nara. I miss Hyojin so much. I know I can’t meet her when her condition is still like that.” I sighed frustrated.

“Who said you can’t visit her?” Nara chuckled through the call. “You can visit her when she’s sleeping, so she won’t know that you come to see her. It’s okay you’re her boyfriend after all. How does it sound?”

I was thinking about Nara’s suggestion and I didn’t find it bad either. I could visit Hyojin when she was sleeping so she didn’t know me that I was visiting her. “It’s a good advice Nara. I’ll think about it first. Thanks anyways.”

 

♦♦♦

 

This was the third time already that I’ve visited Hyojin in secret when she was taking a nap in the afternoon. These activities were going smoothly without her knowing. I felt like a stalker who was spying on his own girlfriend when she was sleeping. I once met her therapist and asking her about Hyojin’s condition but she said that Hyojin was being stagnant, there wasn’t any significant change from her. The therapist also said to me to guard and help Hyojin in the process but how could I do the favor when she herself didn’t even want to see me?

“Hi Hyojin.” I smiled bitterly as I arrived on the bedroom to find Hyojin was sleeping peacefully on her bed. “I feel like a useless boyfriend to you.” I whispered as low as possible because I didn’t want to wake her up.

“It’s enough to see you everyday like this but I’m sorry I’m being a coward now. I know you will hate me when you found out about this.” I chuckled softly. I saw some strains of hairs on her closed eyes and I felt the urge to remove them off her face. I brought my hand in a slow motion and the tip of it finally touched the strains hair. I carefully brushed them and slipped them behind her ear. I retreated back my hand as I let a relieve sigh. Hyojin was still sleeping and I could see she was smiling in her sleep. Oh how I miss her smile so bad. I wonder what dream that she was dreaming about so it can make her smile like this. I smiled at the sight of her sleeping figure.

I kept watching her in silent for the next few minutes. I was never getting bored watching her like this yet it did sound like a stalker though. “This is so depressing but you deserve it anyways Jeon Jungkook because this is all your fault.” I clamped my face with my both hands. I didn’t know how long this would be end. I really miss talking to her, I miss her in my arms, I miss everything about her. I wondered if I didn’t leave her alone in Seoul, I was pretty sure all of these would never happen for both of us.

I snapped my head toward Hyojin when I heard she cried on her sleep. Oh no, she’s having a nightmare again. I asked myself whether I should wake her up or just leaving her like that.

“Jongin please let me go…” She cried. What? Jongin?

“I’m begging you Jongin please don’t touch me, please go away.” This time she was sobbing loudly and my eyes widened when it finally hit me. Don’t tell me Hyojin was turning into like this because of that ? In the middle of processing anything, I decided to leave Hyojin and went out to search for the maid. I told the maid to wake Hyojin up.

I waited outside of the room as I observed her from the small gap of the open door and I saw that Hyojin just woke up from her nightmare with a tremble body, her eyes were red and wet in tears. I saw the maid was asking her about something which was I didn’t heard what it was about and Hyojin just nodded her head, probably signaling the maid that she was okay. She took the glass of the water on the nightstand and she gulped it softly. I felt like running to her and brought my arms to hug her but I knew it was just a stupid idea.

I saw Hyojin was talking to the maid and the maid just nodded her head. After that the maid was walking at my way to leave the bedroom. The maid bowed at me to excuse herself then I moved my way toward the window to see Hyojin was looking at the wall blankly. I sighed in frustration as I continued to observe her in secret. This was the first time I was watching her when she was not sleeping and I didn’t want her to find out that I did observe her all these times. For about ten minutes, I just stood here from the window outside of her room, observing her but she was just sat there and didn’t do anything. Until she suddenly turned her head to look at my way. I widened my eyes in shock and I hid my body right away to disappear behind the wall. I walked quickly to leave the house and I entered my car to drive it in a fast speed. God I’ve almost been caught. I gripped the steering steels tightly as I began to feel the cold sweats on my forehead. “But Jeon Jungkook, since when you’re turning into a coward like this huh? You went to see her in secret and you left her after that when she almost caught you.” I bitterly laughed at myself then I suddenly had something in mind. “Right. I think I need to talk with that Kim Jongin. And who knows maybe also with some punches?”

 

♦♦♦

 

Yesterday when I wanted to have a talk with Jongin, he wasn’t at his apartment nor his office. His secretary said that he was travelling overseas and she didn’t know when he would come back later. I didn’t care and paid attention to his whereabouts though, I could back into his place next time. I was 100% sure that Kim Jongin started all of these and he made Hyojin was turning into like this.

I drove away from my office toward Nara’s house, like a routine activity that I was doing since last week. It’s the time to visit Hyojin. The last time I visited her, I almost got caught when she suddenly turned her head at my way and this time I reminded myself to be more careful. The sky was getting cloudier and darker when I was almost arrived at Nara’s house and finally rains started pouring. My lips was curling into a small smile when I recalled about the first encounter with Hyojin in the rainy day and that encounter was leading us into a beautiful relationship yet right now it’s turning into some hardships.

I turned my car to the right side of the road then finally I arrived in front of Nara’s house. I took the umbrella from the backseat and when I was ready to exit my car, I just froze on my spot. I saw someone was standing in the middle of Nara’s front yard. I squinted my eyes and I realized that it’s Hyojin.

“Hyojin? What is she doing there in the rain?” I asked myself and I resumed watching her. Hyojin was standing there under the rain without an umbrella. Her arms opened widely, like she was feeling the rains hitting her own body. She still loves the rains. She hasn’t changed. “But she will catch a cold if she’s spending her time under the rains for too long.” I exited the car right away as I opened the umbrella to cover myself from the rain. I began to walk toward Hyojin with the loud heart beating inside my chest. I didn’t even know why I was being like this, because I could imagine already that her reaction toward me later wouldn’t be good and I could portrait that she would push me away like she always did to me before.

I was finally here beside her. She closed her eyes tightly as she was still enjoying the rains. She didn’t even realize that I was here beside her. So close yet so far, I still couldn’t reach her. I sighed softly and I shifted the umbrella to protect her body and soon I felt my own body was being drenched by the rain. I saw Hyojin opened her eyes and they widened when she already realized there’s someone beside her.

“Jung…Jungkook?” Her voice croaked.

I was ready if she would yell at me, telling me to leave her but she was just staring at me with those beautiful eyes. I smiled at her and I didn’t know what’s got into me, I let myself to grab her hand. I took her hand to grab the umbrella and I repeated the same thing with her other hand so she was holding the umbrella with her both hands.

“It’s okay to feel the rains but don’t do it for too long okay? I don’t want you to get sick.” I smiled at her. She looked at me with an unreadable face but I kind of felt confused when she didn’t push me away like she usually did when she saw me, she just stood in front of me with silent and her eyes never left mine. “I’ll leave, please take care of yourself okay?” Once again I let a small smile before I turned my body to left her alone with the umbrella.

I walked slowly toward my car as the rain was still pouring hard hitting my body but I didn’t care at all about it. When I wanted to take another step, I could feel my heart was bursting inside my chest when I felt two arms were wrapping around my waist from behind. I glued on my spot for about ten seconds and my mind was completely bank. I was in the near end of giving up about the situation but I would like to thank the universe when I heard Hyojin’s voice against my back. “Don’t go. I miss you Jungkook.”

 

 


 

 

Hyojin’s POV

“So are you feeling better?” Mrs. Cho, the therapist who was doing the same routines for almost one month, just checked on my condition.

“Yeah, I feel better.”

“Do you still have a nightmare?” She asked me again.

“Yes, but the frequency has been reduced. I didn’t have it often right now.”

“It’s good to hear then.” She smiled at me in return. “Do you have any question?”

I just shook my head as I said a simple. “No.”

“Okay Hyojin, I’ll come back here in two days. Don’t forget to drink your medicine and you can start following my advice from now on, yet if you’re ready. I hope you’re getting better.” She gave me a warm smile and she left the room after that.

I left alone inside the room, it’s actually Nara’s guest room. I already left the hospital last week and now I lived here. Nara didn’t let me back into my own house because she didn’t want something bad to be happened again. So in the end I just agreed with her. She’s my best friend but she always acted like my Mom yet I never complained about that.

I recalled Mrs. Cho advice when she said “Hyojin actually I have an advice for you. It’s okay if you’re not ready to open up about your problem but as far as I know, your loved ones will help you. If you could trust them and accept them in your life, it will be easier for you to get better.”

“She was right….but I’m not ready yet to tell anyone about it.” I looked down on the floor and the tears were starting to flow from my eyes. “I’m disgusting. I’m afraid if Nara will look at me in different way. I already lost people I loved, Dad, Mom, and I don’t want Nara to be the next, she’s my only best friend.” I was sobbing loudly as I talked to myself. And Jungkook….I don’t know if he still wants me as his girlfriend.

My sobbing was louder as I remembered about my action toward Jungkook for these past few weeks. I kept pushing him away when he clearly wanted to help me. When the first time he visited me at the hospital, the triggered about Jongin’s action was completely taking on me. I screamed and threw the stuffs toward every man who came to visit me, Jungkook was no exception either. But when I saw him in the next day, I felt less tensed than before because I knew he would never want to hurt me. The other thing that messing up in my mind was I’ve been thinking that I wasn’t good enough for Jungkook. So that’s why I shooed him away, I told him to not seeing me anymore in the future. I could see his eyes were hurt when I let those hurtful words and actually my heart was being hurt as well. Since then he didn’t even visit me until now and I had a thought that he’s already giving up on our relationship. More so he’s giving up on me.

 

♦♦♦

 

“You’re getting thinner babe, I don’t like it.” Jungkook pouted cutely as he was hugging me from behind. “But I still love you more than anything though.” He then grinned at me and I just flicked his forehead in response.

I turned my body to face him as I pecked his lips softly. “I don’t know what’s wrong with my body Kookie. I already eat a lot but I didn’t get a single weight gain.”

“It’s because you’re too tired of your work babe.” He frowned at me as he brought his right hand to take the strains hair off my face and he slipped them behind my ear. Then he put both his hands on the both side of my face, caressing my cheeks softly and I really loved how warmness his hands against my cheeks.

“Said the one who’s always working overtime.” I stuck my tongue at him and he just let a chuckle.

He kissed my forehead for a long time and he released it to lean his forehead against mine. “It’s okay as long as I have you by my side.” He smiled at me before he captured my lips with a deep enchanting kiss.

After a few seconds Jungkook finally pulled away but my eyes widened when I didn’t saw his face anymore. To my horror, Jungkook’s face was being replaced by the person’s face which I hated the most, which is Kim Jongin. I looked at my surrounding to find myself on the bed, with Jongin on top of me. “Hey babe, we haven’t had some funs yet.” Jongin’s face was an inch away from my face.

I began to remember a bad past with him and I realized that I was starting to cry. “Jongin, please let me go…...”

“No baby, I’m not going anywhere.” He smirked at me as he pinned my both hands above my head. I shut my eyes tightly as my tears were flowing on my face. Jongin caressed my cheeks with his other hand as he leaned to kiss me.

“I’m begging you Jongin please don’t touch me, please go away.” This time I was sobbing loudly but he didn’t move away from my body. He kept touching my body here and there and suddenly I felt like someone was shaking my shoulder softly. My eyes were snapped open and I was gasping for the air. I looked at my surrounding to see one of the maids was looking at me with a concern look. I sighed in relieved when I realized I was in Nara’s room. It’s another nightmare.

I sat up on the bed as I wiped away my tears from my cheeks. I felt my body was trembling slightly. “Miss Hyojin, are you okay?” The maid was asking me and I just nodded my head. I took a glass of water on the nightstand and I gulped it softly, trying to relax myself from the nightmare earlier.

“Thank you for waking me up. I’m okay now, you can leave the room.” I said to the maid and she just nodded her head to leave the room.

I sighed softly as I stared at the wall blankly. I dreamed about Jungkook before I had the nightmare. I felt like Jungkook’s touch was real in my dream though. I tried to recall the way Jungkook’s eyes were softly gazing at mine and the way he kissed me softly on the forehead in the dream. I’m starting to miss him and he didn’t even come to see me again. He’s indeed giving up on me.

In about ten minutes I was so deep in thoughts, I began to feel uneasy. I felt like someone was watching me from a far and I turned my head right away toward the window. I saw someone there and it really looked like Jungkook. I rubbed my eyes in disbelief and when I opened them again, the man was gone. I got up right away from the bed to walk quickly outside the bedroom but I didn’t find anyone there.

“I must be crazy. I’m sure I saw Jungkook outside the window but there’s no one here.” I grabbed the wall beside me as a support because I felt so weak at this moment. “Choi Hyojin, you miss him a lot don’t you?”

 

♦♦♦

 

I nibbled my bottom lips when I glanced at Nara, she was sitting on the bed while browsing through the internet on her laptop. I was debating to myself whether I should ask her or not about something which was bugging me lately. I took a deep breath and finally I let the question. “Hmmm Nara, there’s something who’s currently disturbing my mind. May I ask you about it?”

“Sure Hyojin, what is it?” She said, her eyes were still not leaving the laptop screen.

“I think….I…I don’t know if it was just my illusion or it’s true but I think I saw Jungkook yesterday outside the window of this room.”

Nara’s head snapped at me in a second. She was looking at me in a long time until she finally let a laugh. “Hahaha I think it was just your illusion Hyojin, I don’t think he would come here.” She smiled at me. “He respects your decision, you didn’t want him to visit you right? So I think he won’t come here unless you let him.”

“Oh I see…..” I dropped my eyes on the floor with a disappointment.

“You want me to call him so he can visit you right now?” She asked me and I immediately shook my head.

“No Nara. Don’t!” I waved my hands frantically and Nara looked at me with a weak smile. She nodded her head and she continued to work with her laptop. Then I heard a multiple dropping sound from the outside and I looked at it when I found rains were falling. I walked myself toward the window to get a better view and I smiled at the warm feeling. Finally it’s raining.

“Nara, can I go outside? I want to watch the rains.” I asked Nara without leaving my gaze from the window.

There’s a pause in the air and finally Nara let a word. “I can’t say no to you my bestie….but remember don’t let your body drenching from the rain okay? You can watch the rains from the terrace.”

I suddenly running toward her then I hugged her tightly. “Thanks Nara, you are the best!” Without another word, I brought my feet to the outside of the room and finally I reached the terrace. I lifted my hand in front of me to feel the rain and I let a grin. “I really miss this feeling.” I felt like my body was being dragged by itself toward the front yard. I felt the rains wetting me as I arrived in the middle of the yard. I didn’t care if Nara would scold me later as long as I could feel the peace under the rains. I opened my arms widely and my eyes being closed by themselves. I was enjoying the rains for a while but suddenly I didn’t feel the droplet of the rains anymore on my body.

I opened my eyes softly then they widened when I realized there’s someone beside me. He held the umbrella and he shared it with me, letting his own body getting drenched by the rains. “Jung…Jungkook?” I heard my voice croaked.

He was just staring at me in silent. Then finally he let a smile, the smile which I loved the most. The smile which I’ve been longing so long. I think I was right, I saw him in the outside of the window yesterday. It’s really him. It’s Jungkook. It wasn’t my illusion. I felt he grabbed my hand to hold the umbrella and he took my other hand to join the former, so I was holding the umbrella with my both hands.

“It’s okay to feel the rains but don’t do it for too long okay? I don’t want you to get sick.” He smiled at me. I couldn’t say a single word. I hardly wanted to tell him how much I miss him but my lips kept being shut. “I’ll leave, please take care of yourself okay?” Once again he let a small smile before he turned his body to leave me.

He walked slowly, going further with the rains were pouring on his body. I saw his back was getting further and without a second thought I dropped the umbrella to the ground then my feet was running to follow him. My tears started streaming from my eyes as well as the rains which were starting to get me drenched. I was a step away from him then I felt my arms were moving by instinct to hug him from behind. I leaned my head against his broad back and this time I really didn’t want to let him go.

Then I heard myself was saying at him. “Don’t go. I miss you Jungkook.”

 

 


 

hehehe how's this chapter? let me know about your opinion:D btw thanks for the the new subscribers and the comments xoxo <3