Chapter 4

It's you, Always

 

 

Krystal wear white plain shirt with short jeans, pair it with dark red sneakers. She braids her hair to the left.

“Stop looking so attractive.” Kai compliment her as soon as he came out from the car to open the door for her. Krystal ignoring her by reading the book she hold.

“You two look like a couple who are on a date.” Yonghwa come out from the house with his coffee.

“Hyung !” Kai happily run and hug him. “I didn’t know that you’re back.”

“I miss home so much and my princess over there, that’s why I came back but it's only for a week.” Yonghwa explain.

“Cool, I got a lot of story to share with you.”

“Later boy, you have to go now. Princess is waiting for you.” Yonghwa move his head to Krystal who didn’t even care about them, too immersed in reading the book. Kai then bid goodbye to his hyung by hugging him and ran back to the car.

“Be back before 12 ! You guys has class tomorrow morning. Make sure to come home early.” Mrs In ha suddenly shout beside Yonghwa. Kai raise his thumbs up sign without looking back.

 

“Mom, what if Krystal and Kai is in a special relationship ? You know what I mean, like boyfriend-girlfriend thing, love. What do you think ?” Yonghwa suddenly asked while looking at the moving car.

“Well, that’s actually what I want. I mean they grown up together so they know about each other so much. I see how Kai taking care of Krystal, he didn’t shout or be mad even if it’s Krystal’s fault. I know I can trust Kai if I want to let go of my daughter to him. But that’s impossible.” Mrs in ha let out a small sigh.

“Why ?”

“Because they seems to treat each other as brother and sister not more than that.” Mrs In ha continue.

“Let’s just pray for the best. If they’re not meant to be together, I’m sure there is someone better for them out there.” He put his arm around her shoulder and smile.

 

 

~.~

 


Kai grab the book from her hand and put it in the pocket behind the passenger sit.

“Yaa !” She’s annoyed.

“Books are not allowed today. Just you and me.” Kai focus back on his driving. Her lips suddenly formed a smile by thinking that Kai is such a boyfriend material.

“Where are we going anyway ?”

“You’ll know soon.” He wink and Krystal is at her own world again. Smiling like a fool just by his small act.

 

 

“It’s been a long time that we didn’t come here !” Krystal excitedly talk when they arrived at the amusement park.

“You like it ? We’re going to play all the games here. Whoever miss one game, have to be punish.” Kai give her the instructions.

“Just like the old time. Watch your word because you’re the one who afraid to ride the spinning roller coaster over there.” Krystal pointed at the scary roller coaster.

“Don’t be so sure. I’m all grown up now, I’m not afraid anymore.”

“We’ll see about that. Now let’s start the games !” She is too excited. It remind her about their childhood memory.


They tried all the games one by one. Screaming, laughing, took a picture together and running all over the place like little kids. They really enjoy their ‘bff day out’. Holding hands while walking together, they really look like a real couple.

Krystal thought to herself, there’s too many skin ship between them today. Kai will suddenly hug her from the back, grab her hands and just hug her whenever he feel frightened with the games. It just make her feeling grow harder for him. But she enjoy every moment she spent today.

She wonder if Kai already had a girlfriend and introduce to her. What will she feel about that ? Will she be able to look at Kai like this, Kai probably will slowly forget about her. He will stop spoiling her with love and care. That’s what Krystal always worry about. But she know, that day will come soon. If it’s it not today, maybe tomorrow.

 


“Tadaa ! Coffee flavour for you and chocolate for me.” Kai snapped her from her thought by showing the ice cream cone.

“You seem to have something in your mind, what is it ? Don’t tell me that you still miss me.” He grinned.

“Oh please, I regret myself for saying that I miss you.” Rolling her eyes.

“Wait, how come you still look like a baby when you are already 20.” He pinch her cheek hard.

“Stop it ! It’s hurt.” She push his hands away. They continue to eat their ice cream and finishing their games journey.

 

The time show that its already 2 o’clock now. The two of them are too busy playing the games and didn’t even remember to eat lunch.
“I’m hungry, we tried everything here. Let’s get something to eat now.”

“Okay baby girl, I know a place. Let’s go.” Without warning, Kai grab her hands and started to walk. “Always like this.” She whisper to herself.

“Krystal !” She suddenly heard that familiar voice and turn around only to find Sulli is running towards her, leaving Sehun behind. He wave to Kai and already walk towards him.

“I thought you hate this kind of place.” Sehun greet him by laughing. “

“I had too. It’s for her.” He pout his mouth pointing at Krystal.

“We’re going for lunch now, want to go together ?” Sulli ask just right in time.

“Sure ! Krystal is hungry to death right now. Let’s move fast before she eat you.”

Krystal make a gesture like she want to eat Kai and rolled her eyes. The three of them are laughing by her act. Then, they move to the café near the amusement park and take their lunch together.

 

 

“Did you guys played all the games ?” Sulli broke the silent while everyone are too busy eating.

“Yes, we did but Kai didn’t ride that big roller coaster cause he is too scared. Cry baby he is.” Krystal make jokes of Kai.

Kai then took the French fries and feed Krystal harshly. They laugh when she also stuffed the food to his mouth. Kai strangled her neck, torturing her in a good way.

“Look who’s talking now.” Krystal laugh hard while trying to get away from him.

“I don’t know how you guys manage not to have a feeling for each other.” Sulli cut in their teasing moment.

“What do you mean ?” Kai finally letting her off his arm.

“Well you know…. Like love. You guys know each other for the longest time and also didn’t have any blood relationship. Don’t you guys ever think about that ?” Sulli continue on making Krystal choke.

“What are you talking about ? She is my best friend and my forever sweet sister.” Ruffling Krystal’s hair.

Krystal nod her head with a bitter smile. For sure that she’s crying inside, she wanted to be more than that but that just it. He only look at her as his friend not more than that.

 

“Okay, who’s up for a movie ?” Sehun change the topic. The three of them put their hands up together. “Alright ! Let me check the show time.” Sehun take out his phone to check it.

“Let me do it for you.” Sulli suddenly grab sehun’s phone and smile sweetly to him. Krystal feels awkward to see their love moment. She finish her food quickly.

They got out from the café and heading to the cinemas. Krystal try to heal her heart by enjoying the movie. After the movies done, they bid goodbye to each other.

 

 

 

“Still miss me ?” Kai got no answer from her. He drive Krystal back to home as soon as the movie ended. He look beside him and found that Krystal is already sleeping. On the other hand, Krystal is actually faking her sleep. She just don’t to talk to him.

Kai wanted to carry her out from the car when they reach home but she quickly get up all by herself and groaning. “We’re home.” He smile.

“Thanks for today and drive safely. Goodnight.” Krystal proceed to leave him but it stop when he grab her wrist and pull her to his embrace.

“Goodnight and sleep well.” He kiss her forehead. Krystal froze, surprised by his act and stood silently.

“Go inside now. You might catch a cold.” Rubbing her arms up and down.

“O-okay.” She didn’t dare to look at him and walk away.

 

 

Krystal lend her back to the door after she safely walk inside. “How am I going to survive if you keep treating me like this ?” she sigh.

“Princess ? You’re home ?” Yonghwa appear from the dark kitchen.

“Uh oppa, still not sleeping ?”

“I’m thirsty so needed this.” Raise up the glass of water he hold. “How was today ?”

“I had so much fun.” Krystal smile even though she’s tired.

“Good then. Go up and wash yourself. Get enough sleep okay.”