incandescence

Line of Sight

Line Of Sight

A drabble fic.

-

Two pairs of eyes looking at each other–one pair of lost, remaining eyes;

 

Sweat rolling from the planes of his body to the clothes sticking to his skin; Joonmyun thought if this is what hardwork is supposed to be.

He persevered, crawled through the hard times, worked hard during the good times. Ah, a true embodiment of a leader, hence his stage name, Suho.

-

He later found himself leading EXO, SM's newest talents, altogether with a young man named Yi Fan, his stage name, Kris.

He never knew trusting him meant giving his heart away—and having it crushed.

-

It was all too sudden, the mixed signals, the emotions he was making him feel. Was it just a phase? It was all too frustrating, getting to figure everything out himself. 

He was not amused when he did, however.

It turned out that he was falling for the man with a gummy smile, and he was falling fast, by all means.

-

So, he tried avoiding him, for the seventh time that month, but it never worked. Casting his co-leader side-glances became a routine, missing him became a normal thing and soon, anxiety grew in him.

Zhang Yixing caught up.

-

Kris and Tao were getting close by day, and it was making the fans go wild. 'TaoRis', was what the fans called them.

He knew better than to surf the web, searching for EXO.

It was audacious being shipped with Zhang.

-

It was a month later when Zhang Yixing—EXO-M's main dancer, Lay, came up to him. 

The unicorn wasn't so innocent, after all. 

Lay, he made a point. Incubating his love for Kris will just shatter him to the point of no return.

-

He should have listened to Lay but no, he didn't. He was in far too deep that when Kris left for China, he couldn't fill in the void that was once his heart, that the gummy-smiling man took with him.

It turned out that Suho was truly in the point of no return—and so was Kris.

He never did return, and Suho just knew that he might never will.

-

A couple of rumors, mishaps, a dozen of soju bottles and a Zhang Yixing later, Suho was Kim Joonmyun again. Lost and tired, but not exhausted enough to let go.

-

He finds himself in the center stage, trophy shimmering in his hands. He finds himself smiling, he is happy. Because in that moment, he is alone. 

He is alone, yes, but he is strong enough to hold EXO together, to stand up for EXO, and their beloved fans, who are as damaged as EXO is, but afterall, it's what makes them whole.

It's what makes them one. 

It's what makes them a family, he realized.

-

Memories are the best and worst of everything. 

If love makes or break a person, then what do memories do?

Suho thinks memories serve as an anchor.

An anchor to all the god and bad things in this world.

A reason to keep believing something.

An anchor that can be manipulated by decisions.

-

He is Kim Joomnmyun. He is Suho.

His lost eyes saw a trickle of light once again.

 

It's not much but yes, it's enough.

 


A/N

This is the worst drabble yet. I feel like this fic has waaaay too much meaning for me to handle and put in words. What the hell did I even write? 

And oh, some events are based in true life but this is an alternative universe so it doesn't mean that the characters are as described in the real world. 

My phone isn't really the best option to update but my laptop broke down on me and I feel so frustrated. EDIT: GOT MY BABY BACK~ WHOOP WHOOP GOT MY BABY BACK!