Chapter 2

100% Real

Hyungwon hears the engine of a car driving away. He groans as he pulls his body into a fetal position and tightens the soft, plush cover over his body. He wriggles his head back against the pillow a couple of times in order to find a comfortable enough position. He wills himself to fall back asleep, but the lucent rays streaming in through his balcony window keep him from melting back into a deep darkness.

Mentally sighing, Hyungwon opens his eyes to the glaringly bright golden rays pouring through the window, into his bedroom. He squints, putting one arm over his eyes to shield them from the strong brightness of the suns rays. After a few seconds his eyes adjust to the light and he looks over his shoulder to see the time on his analog clock.

I still have some time left before I have to head to the restaurant. Hopefully this is my last day for this week. Really, I can never have a five-day schedule.

He rolls over in bed and stretches a long arm across the tableside counter in search of his phone. He feels the textured sketchbook and the edges of his analog clock before finding the smooth edges of his phones plastic and padded case. He picks it up and flicks on the screen with the tap of two long fingers. There, he opens up one of the few apps that he checks on everyday; as part of his daily routine. He has made it a habit to check on the miniature people who pass through his virtual cafe. He finishes catching up on all of the customers that came and left before closing the app and throwing his phone on the bedcovers. It lands in between a makeshift pile of creased fabric.

He sits up, stretching his lanky arms into the air. He swishes out of bed into his warm slippers and heads for the bathroom to cleanse his face.

Moments later, Hyungwon stands on the imaginary line between living room and kitchen, glaring at the trash bags and dirty plates loitering his kitchen counters. He decides to wash the dishes in the sink before filling his empty stomach up with breakfast.

When the dishes in the sink are gone and the baking soda is sudsing up and out any of the foul smells and germs the soap might not have eliminated properly, Hyungwon pours himself a bowl of chocolatey, honey-coated A-tro's and heads for the living room.

He steps up from behind his grey couch and stops dead in his tracks. There, on the floor, is a huge, rectangular black box.

It looks like one of those cases little girls dolls would come in.

Hyungwon takes some time to analyze the box before he is hit with the realization that someone must have been inside his house.

"Wait, how did it even get in here!" Hyungwon screeches. "Wait, wait, wait. This is not okay."

He sets his bowl full of cereal down on the wooden table by the couch and dashes back to his bedroom. There, he rattles the latch to his balcony window a couple of times to see if it is still locked. He twists his body around to do a once-over of his entire bedroom. He picks up the heaviest item he can find; his metal desklamp before dropping to the floor and checking under his bed. From there, he checks the rest of his little bedroom and makes it over to the bathroom. After making sure no one or nothing out of the ordinary is inside his home, he comes back to the living room.

He peers cautiously at the black box from over the grey couch. He steps over the couch and tentatively makes his way to the box. He probes at it a few times with his foot before sliding back a few paces. Seeing that the box has not moved in response, Hyungwon comes close to the box again and squats by it. He grabs the top of its side with both hands and taking a deep breath in, flips it over quickly before shielding his eyes from it. He slowly lets his arm slide down from its position over his eyes. He yelps in surprise at what he sees.

There, in the black box, is the same gorgeous man from last night's webpage.