Chapter 5

100% Real

"O-o-ouch," Hyungwon whines as the old lady pinches his nose.
"I need you to stay still for this or else I'll get blood over my beautiful fabrics."

Hyungwon gazes down the bridge of his nose at her with a disheartened look.
"Why you little rascal, you," she says as she jokingly throws her hand up in the air to give a little swing at Hyungwon. Hyungwon shoots behind the counter before she has time to swing at him. He raises his head to peek over the worn out counter at Auntie but instead catches sight of the robot getting ready to stand up and walk over to him. Hyungwon immediately shoots up from his crouch and commands the robot to stay seated.

The robot complies and sits back down. Sighing, Hyungwon returns to his seat and tries his best to avoid the robot's beaming smile at him.

Auntie flips around to retrieve the cotton sponge. Before she turns back around, she takes a long, hard look at the mystery man.
Hmph, he's rather masculine and with a gorgeous face to boot. No wonder those youngins were all over him like he's some kind of famous model. She cackles to herself.

"So he's the one who caused all that trouble," she says as she gently moves the sponge up Hyungwon's nose.

Hyungwon mistakenly nods his head yes. The sponge falls out and onto his left pant leg. He looks down and even more blood comes streaming out.

"Hyungwon," Auntie complains. "Don't move I said."

"Sorry Auntie." Hyungwon mentally slaps himself for further ruining his favorite joggers as he throws his head back again and waits for the next sponge to go up his nose.

"There, leave this here until you feel the blood won't come pouring out again. Such a fragile man. You really need someone to protect you," she chuckles as she makes her way over to the robot. "Preferably someone with strong, muscular arms," the old lady continues as she places her arms on his shoulders and winks back at Hyungwon with a devilish smile.

Dismayed, Hyungwon looks down at his hands, in hopes of hiding his beet red face.

"It's not what you think, auntie!" Hyungwon exclaims. "He literally just showed up today at my house."

"Ohohoho, what a quick way to reel in lovers, Wonnie. I never thought you had it in you. Maybe you should take me out wherever you found this hottie and let me have a few rounds at the guys over there."

"Auntie!" Hyungwon groans as he shoots up from the cushioned stool. It topples over and clatters to the concrete ground. Surprised, Auntie gives him a mock, wide-eyed expression. The left side of her lips twitch so she bites down on her tongue to keep from bursting out in laughter. He looks back at her and erupts into a short chuckle. "Good grief, auntie. You really want some loving, don't you."

She casts a forlorn glance up to the roof and for a second, Hyungwon is about to call out to her when she quickly adds "You know where my love belongs."
All sadness seems to dissipate as she moves her way to the back room. "Come along now. I can already suspect what you're here for."

Hyungwon walks after her. He stops at the loose hanging fabric that separates the front of the store from the back room. He turns back around and takes in the handsome robot's warm smile. The robot looks up at him with expectant eyes. Hyungwon loses himself in those pitch-black gems for eyes. The robot tilts his head to the side but Hyungwon does not notice.

Auntie's voice sounds from the back room, saying "How big do you think he is?" before sticking her head around the door. Hyungwon snaps out of his trance and rapidly darts his eyes at another object of interest before Auntie can make another nonsensical comment on the non-existent relationship between him and the robot.

"Now, now, you two. I have a job to do here. You two can share bedroom eyes all you like after I'm done measuring him up." The sound of Auntie's wooden sandals clack against the concrete as she returns to her workroom.

Hyungwon lets out a deep sigh. He looks back at the robot with a slight frown on his face. "Come on," There's a moment of silence as Hyungwon scrambles to remember his name. "Uh, just come on." I'll have to give him a name later. 

But, really, why was I staring so intensely at him?, he probes himself. It's not like I like him.