For You to Notice

String Bound Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m starting to fashion an idea in my head

Where I would impress you with every single word I said

Jung Jessica isn’t one of the nicest people out there. She’s the type to be annoyed by little things in the world.

Just like mornings. In this time of the day alone, she has three things on top of her ‘hate list’

-One, Jessica doesn’t like sunrises.

“I don’t know why some people like them so much.” Jessica told her bff, Tiffany, over coffee and waffles. “They just start another irritating and bound to be exhausting day.” Then she took one last bite of her blueberry waffles. “Plus, they burn my eyes.”

Tiffany looked out the window dreamily as if there’s a sunrise out there at the moment. “Sunrises are beautiful.” Jessica rolled her eyes exaggeratedly. Tiffany snapped back to reality and looked at her. “You should be thankful you’re even given another day to live.”

Jessica didn’t know why they were friends since diapers. They’re completely different, like black and white, per se. Tiffany’s all pink, ponies and rainbows while Jessica goes for gray and neutrals, heck, she doesn’t even give one spec of fondness to an animal.

“You shouldn’t be too optimistic, you know.”

Tiffany arched a perfect brow. “It’s better than being pessimistic like you.”

Jessica stole a blueberry then pointed the fork at her friend. “Being like this has advantages.”

“Like?”

“I don’t expect that much, so I don’t get too disappointed.”

It’s funny to think that they even have conversations because eventually, they will be a clash of opinions and a few arguments. But in the end, they just laugh off the topic and forget about their original subject.

Tiffany laughed a bit and let her friend take over her food. She looked out the window and wondered why the sky is so orange. That kid with mid-blonde hair said it’ll be pink today. She promised her. (But that’s another story)

-two, Jessica wants peace and quiet in the mornings.

IF Jessica wakes up early in the mornings, she wants silence all around her.

“Because it ticks me off when any monstrosity of a sound disturbs my mind and takes me far away from my zen.”

The ‘zen’ that she’s talking about is her ‘dreamland’. She has a special ability to dream while being awake, daydreaming as we call it. Hence, she always ends up zoning out during the day.

Krystal laughed out loud, toppling over their father’s mug which the elder seemed to ignore with the way his eyes are trained on the computer screen.

Jessica grinned, taking a final sip of her orange juice. “That includes your voice little sister. So you better stop your daily routine of singing under the showers. You do know that the walls here are paper thin, right?”

Krystal’s smile faded away and turned into a frown. “Yah! I’m a better singer than you!”

“No way.”

“Yes way!”

“Prove it then!”

“Fine!”

The two raced to Jessica’s room where they battled it out. Leaving the still clueless father to his wife's nagging about coffee stains and laundry.

-three, Jessica hates morning jogs.

“But you were a member of the soccer team back in middle school unnie.” Seohyun pointed out when she accompanied Jessica to go shopping for her college needs.

Jessica didn’t remove her eyes from scanning the lane of mouthwashes. “That’s why it’s ‘were’. Past. It’s done. And I don’t think I’ll be doing it in the present.” After a pause, “Or future.”

Seohyun just shrugged and pushed the cart behind the other girl.

“I dislike running. You know that right?”

“Yeah. I can remember your motto very clearly.” Seohyun didn’t add that that motto was the reason why Jessica almost failed her P.E subject back in high school because it will just kill her pride. Who flunks in P.E anyway?

“Never run no matter how late you are. That’s right.” Jessica added with dignity and pride.

‘The ice princess might melt anyway if she did’ Seohyun added but only as an afterthought. She lived a healthy just to live long, you know. She didn’t want to be the headline on top the next day’s newspaper as a victim of someone’s rage.

Another thing with Jung Jessica, she isn’t one to be easily impressed. 

If you want to win even just a speck of her attention, you have to be interesting.

“I don’t want to interact with boring people. They’re no fun.” Jessica closed her locker after opening a few letters slipped inside it.

“Oh. Now I understand why you’re friends with me.” Sunny beamed a thousand megawatt smile.

The brunette smacked Sunny’s head with a book, their biology book to be exact. “Egoistic midget.”

“You’re not that much taller than me!” the other retorted in defense.

“Anyway, I don’t want something normal or plain. Wouldn’t it be nice to experience something extraordinary in your life?”

Sunny nodded. “But wouldn’t you find it in normal circumstances too?”

“But I’ll have to wait for it. Our lives aren’t that long. Who knows, I might be dead by this afternoon.”

Sunny’s eyes widened at the thought. “Isn’t that a bit too-”

“Hey, look! It’s Yuri! I gotta go.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter