Enchanted

String Bound Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you


The room was painted in a soft shade of gray. Two closets of shades of brown stand near the doorway opposite the door to the bathroom. Two beds and study tables lie at different ends of the room. It was your typical college dormitory.

“It’s perfect.” Jessica said as she placed a box on a table. She toed off her shoes and jumped on her bed. It’s the start of her first year on campus and she can’t help the excitement running through her veins. She felt it once she saw the university gates. She isn’t really that excited for the upcoming exams, terror professors, deadlines, projects and such. Instead, she’s looking forward to people she will meet and organizations that she may take part of.

She sat up and took a glance of the other bed. “I’ll start with you.” She held out her hand and faked a handshake. “Hey, I’m Jessica! Nice to meet you!” she frowned a bit, feeling being too perky. She might think I’m retarded. She thought.

“Whassup? I’m Jess.” Too ghetto.

“Good morning. My name’s Jessica. What’s yours?” Too boring.

“Ugh.” Am I supposed to be this stressed about this thing?

A soft ringing caught her attention. A soft smile crept upon her face upon seeing the name on the screen.

“Yah. Isn’t it too early for a booty call?”

Light chuckles can be heard from the other line. “Aren’t you a bit excited? Can’t I call you once in a while without ulterior motives? I am your bestfriend after all.”

Jessica felt her heart sank a bit. She knows exactly why it did but she refuses to acknowledge it. “Fine. What are you calling me for?”

“Can I ask you out for lunch?”

“It’s almost an hour and a half drive from your school to mine. Besides, I’m pretty sure you’ll have a lot of unpacking to do.”

“That can wait. You won’t turn me down, will you? I’m already outside your dormitory.”

“What?” She rushed to her bedroom window and poked her head out. She laughed at the sight of a familiar figure near the parking lot. “You’re crazy.” Shaking her head, she reached for her handbag and took one last look at the mirror.

--

The thing with her bestfriend is that she likes to surprise her- with the things she does or the words she says- either way, it renders Jessica speechless. Just like now, she knows her bestfriend likes to laze around and delay things on her to-do-list but she’s here, leaning on the hood of the car so coolly.

“Kwon Yuri, did you hit your head on something?”

The said girl flashed her smile, way too bright. “What if I did?”

“I don’t think that’s a good thing.” Jessica leaned on the hood beside her friend.

“You’ll never know.” There was something in her eyes that tells Jessica she should be ready.

She swallowed spit and cleared . “I thought you wanted to have lunch?”

“Where do you want to go?”

--

In the end after countless ‘price versus quality’ arguments, they went with Yuri’s choice: an Italian restaurant just inside a mall. They ordered pizza and pasta, what else.

“Let’s do this more often.” Yuri shot up after her third slice of pizza.

“We’ve always eaten together, Yul. What difference does it make right now?” Jessica tried to act ignorant but she knows...she can feel it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter