Caught

Guilty Pleasure

A day had passed, and i'm still wondering if i should call her or not. I don't want her to think i'm a  ert or something, but since she's the one who gave  me the number in the first place, that's it; i'm gonna call her.

 

"Hello?"

"Hey, i'm the girl from Coffee Mandalay, the one you gave the number to..." i answered, a bit afraid of her reaction, i was not used to asking people out, beside, i was scared that she would change her mind about giving me her number or something, the expectations were eating me alive.

"Oh right, right. What's up?" 

"I was just curious if you would like us to meet tonight?" My voice was already shaking.

"Of course, i have no plans anyway, so where would you like to meet?" 

"Um...How about Club Fix? At 10 PM." 

"Sounds nice to me, see ya later!" And after that she hang up, i still can't believe i asked her out, i never knew it was that easy, oh well.

 

 

 I checked my hair and makeup in the decorative mirror in my room, i wore a simple, tight fitting purple dress, I headed to shoe cabinet and slipped on my favorite heels. I made sure the front door of my appartement is firmly locked before i went to the bus stop, it was freezing, and for some unknown reasons, the bus was late, this was the first time i would actually hang out with someone other than my roommate; Tiffany and some other classmates. and here i am being late, i don't want to make her wait anymore, she would probably be pissed off, she would even leave, i won't blame her thought, i would'v done the same. I started pacing around the bench, until a car honked at me, my eyes went blurry from the lights of the vehicle's lamps.

"Get in, loser." A voice coming from the driver sit yelled at me. Loser? Me? by that second, i was ready to smash that person's face, i hate when people call me nasty names, they make me lose my temper.

"Loser? Excuse me, who are you?" I yelled back in an angry tone, covering my eyes from the blinding light.

"Just get in." The voice once again shouted at me, i was completely confused, before i finally decided to gave in and hop in the car, my eyes were still blinded by the bright lights, i couldn't tell exactly who was that, but it looked like a male.

"Long time no see, Kwon Yuri." That voice, it seems familiar. I almost chocked on my own saliva when i finally came to my senses, it was him.

 

 

 

"How did you find me?" 

"It doesn't matter, by the way, you seem really prepared, neat clothes, high heels, and let's not forget that heavy perfume of yours, going on a date?"

"Mind your own business, now what do you want?"

"How rude, i just came here to greet an old friend of mine."

"Can you please tell me who gave you my new address, and how did you even know i'm in Korea? i have a meeting and i'm late."

"Don't worry, i can take you whereever you want."

"Cut the bull, Minsoo. I know exactly why you're here, but sorry, i've moved on and  you could clearly see i am happy with my new life, and you don't have to answer my questions, i could already guess who's that."

"Glad you do, i would consider you really stupid if you didn't, but seems like you got your right. And what did you say? Happy? well, why would a 'happy-with-my-new-life' person stay this late waiting for an hour late bus, pacing around the empty street? Sorry to burst your bubble, but as long as i'm here, you're never gonna be happy again, now get the hell out of my car!"

"Good luck with that!" With those words, i stormed out of the vehicle. Suddenly, a loud boom came from the sky, i looked up slowly, a drop of water fell on my nose, the rain started pouring.

"It's raining." I mumbled, if i stayed here, i'd probably be soaked and get sick, and getting sick means i have to skip classes which leads to failing college, Beside that, it's near 9 pm, the street was reflecting the dark, only the lamp posts shown light, there could be a here, this is a cruel world and i don't know what could happen to me if i stayed here alone.

 

 

 

"Um, Hello, i just called to apologize for not coming to the club, as you might have noticed, it started raining and the bu-"

"It's okay." She muttered quitely and then hang up the phone on me. I was stunned, i shouldn't leave her waiting there alone, i scratched my hair and left the bedroom.

"Hey, what's up?" My roommate; Tiffany, was laying on the couch with her laptop on her lap. "Nothing much, were you out? I came home at lunch break and you were not here." i asked while sitting beside her, turning the TV on. "No, i went out with Jessica, she wanted to show me her new dog, i don't know why people would care that much about a damn dog, it's just an animal after all." She muttered, shoving her hand into the chips bag. "But hey, where were you this night though? I never knew you were that type of girl who would stay out untill midnight, huh?" Her eyes never left her laptop, but i could see a smirk forming on her face, this girl really enjoy teasing me. "What type of girl? Hell no, i just wanted to meet someone, but it seems like odds were against me, they always were." I chuckled sarcastically before heading back to my room.

 

 

I stared blankly at the white ceiling of the classroom, History classes were the worst, and the teacher was no help, he would just talk nonsense during the whole hour and at the end, he would throw a load of homework at us.

The bell rang, all the students stormed out of the classroom, cheers and laughters filling the large hallway, guess the college life is not as bad as we thought after all. "Hey, what are  you up to this afternoon?" My classmate; Sooyoung asked me while shoving her notebooks into her backpack, some of her pens fell on the floor and she bent down to grab them, only to drop her notebooks, she was such a dork; one of the reasons why we get along. "Not sure, by the way, do you know a girl named Yoona? Im Yoona to be specific, she studies here too." I thought maybe Sooyoung would know something about her, being the social butterfly she is, she basically knows everything and everyone, she's known as the 'Gossip Girl' in our university. 

"Yoona? oh, that creepy loner? yeah she just transferred here."

"Creepy? she looked normal to me."

"Oh, you know her?!"

"Um, yeah, i guess? I don't remember her being weird though."

"Well, there are rumors about her being, you know, a psycho, but no one knows."

"Psycho? Excuse me, just because she roam around the city alone, doesn't mean she's a psychopath!"

"Calm your horses, lady. You can't put the blame on me, blame the ones who made up those rumors."

"Okay, whatever. I gotta go now, take care!"